Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,267 members, 7,833,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Hadeeth Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Of The Day (49584 Views)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women : Sahih Muslim / Hadeeth Or Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:45am On Apr 29, 2011
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
"Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has[b] one[/b] of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.

1. [/b]Whenever he is entrusted, he betrays.

[b]2. [/b]Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.

[b]3.
Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves treacherous.

4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner."

[Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 33]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:33am On Apr 30, 2011
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
"The Prophet (saw) never used bad language neither a 'Fahish nor a Mutafahish.
He used to say 'The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.'

(Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:22am On May 01, 2011
Abu Hurayra (ra) said, "The Messenger of Allah (saw) never criticised food.
If he liked it, he ate it, and if he disliked it, he left it."
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:49am On May 02, 2011
'Umar bin Al-Khattab (R.A) said: I heard Allah's Messenger (S.A.W) saying,
"The[b] reward of deeds [/b]depends upon the[size=14pt] Intentions[/size] and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended.
So whoever emigrates for wordly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration will be for what he emigrated for."

{Bukhari}

So dont forget to intent every deed only to please Allah.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:52am On May 03, 2011
It is narrated that, the Prophet (saw) said:
"Sadaqah (giving charity) does not decrease wealth.
No one forgives (another), except that Allah will increase him in honour, and
no one humbles himself before Allah except that Allah raises him in status."

(Muslim)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:15am On May 04, 2011
Sayyidina Jundub ibn Abdullah (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said,
“If any one speaks on the[b] Qur’an[/b] giving[b] his own opinion[/b] and even if he is correct, he has done wrong.”
[Abu Dawud 3652]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:48am On May 05, 2011
Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying,
"If a person mentions the Name of Allah (Bismillahirrehmaanirraheem) upon entering his house or eating,
Satan says, addressing his followers: `You will find no where to spend the night and no dinner.'
But if he enters without mentioning the Name of Allah,
Satan says (to his followers); `You have found (a place) to spend the night in', and
if he[b] does not mention[/b] the Name of Allah at the time of eating,
Satan says: `You have found (a place) to spend the night in as well as food.'''

[Muslim].
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Lolabbey: 4:01pm On May 05, 2011
good 2 b on dis section, may almity Allah mak it easy upon us all to put to practise what we learn here, ameen
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 3:05am On May 06, 2011
It is narrated that, The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
"I guarantee a house in the surroundings of[b] Paradise[/b] for a man who avoids quarreling even if he were in the right,
a house in the middle [/b]of[b] Paradise for a man who[b] avoids lying[/b] even if he were joking, and
a house in the[b] upper part[/b] of Paradise for a man who made his character good."
(Sunan of Abu Dawood)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by chakula: 8:28pm On May 06, 2011
No matter how hard Prophet muhammad saw must be a role model to all creature. what a nice tradition!
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 1:56am On May 08, 2011

Sayyidina Uqbah ibn Aamir (RA) reported having asked, “O Messenger of Allah how to get salvation?”
He (saw) said, “Control your tongue,
keep yourself to your home and
weep over your sins”.

[ Tirmidhi 2414, Ahmed 22298]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 3:01am On May 09, 2011
A man came to the Prophet (saw) and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship?'
The Prophet (saw) said: 'Your mother.'
The man said, ‘Then who?'
The Prophet said: 'Then your[b] mother[/b].'
The man further asked, ‘Then who?'
The Prophet said: 'Then your mother.'
The man asked again, ‘Then who?'
The Prophet said: 'Then your father.'

(Bukhari, Muslim)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 1:58am On May 10, 2011

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi Allah Anhu): One day while the Prophet (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) was sitting in the company of some people, (The angel) Gabriel came and asked:
"What is faith?"
Allah's Apostle (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) replied, 'Faith is to believe in Allah, His angels, (the) meeting with Him, His Apostles, and to believe in Resurrection."

Then he further asked, "What is Islam?"
Allah's Apostle (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) replied, "To worship Allah Alone and none else, to offer prayers perfectly to pay the compulsory charity (Zakat) and to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan."

Then he further asked, "What is Ihsan (perfection)?"
Allah's Apostle (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam)
replied, "To worship Allah as if you see Him, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is looking at you."

Then he further asked, "When will the Hour be established?"
Allah's Apostle (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) replied, "T[i]he answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about its portents. When a slave (lady) gives birth to her master. When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except Allah. "[/i]
The Prophet then recited: "Verily, with Allah (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour--." (31. 34)

Then that man (Gabriel) left and the Prophet (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) asked his companions to call him back, but they could not see him. Then the Prophet (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) said, "That was Gabriel who came to teach the people their religion."
Abu 'Abdullah said: He (the Prophet) considered all that as a part of faith.

[Sahih Al-Bukhari : Volume 1, Book 2, Number 47]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by 123jml: 5:43pm On May 10, 2011
Your signature needs to be change (because there's saying which reads 'Are those equal those who know and those who do not know'.) that is why i politely advised you you shouldn't let or seeing yourself as a person that doesn't know anything as far as you are getting in touch with places in which knowledge is passing on by the schoolers so you have to classified you as a person with knowledge.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 5:56pm On May 10, 2011
123jml:

Your signature needs to be change (because there's saying which reads 'Are those equal those who know and those who do not know'.) that is why i politely advised you you shouldn't let or seeing yourself as a person that doesn't know anything as far as you are getting in touch with places in which knowledge is passing on by the schoolers so you have to classified you as a person with knowledge.

Assalamualaikum,
Jazakallahu Khairan bro for the advice. But the problem is I m afraid of Riya/show off. I have weak Imaan, If i dont keep reminding myself I might become arrogant (audhubillah) . Anyway I will modify it.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:39am On May 11, 2011
Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said,
"The one who looks after a widow or a poor person is[b] like [/b]
a Mujahid (warrior) who fights for Allah's Cause, or
like him who[b] performs prayers all the night and fasts all the day[/b]."

[Bukhari Vol 7 No 265]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:45am On May 12, 2011

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said to his companions, "Is it difficult for any of you to recite one third of the Qur'an in one night?"
This suggestion was difficult for them so they said, "Who among us has the power to do so, O Allah's Apostle?"
Allah Apostle replied: " 'Allah (the) One, the Self-Sufficient Master Whom all creatures need.' (Surat Al-Ikhlas 112.1--to the End) is[b] equal to one third[/b] of the Qur'an."

[Bukhari: Volume 6, Book 61, Number 534]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 11:56am On May 13, 2011
.Ibn Ka’b ibn Maalik Ansari (R.A) reported from his father that Allah’s Messenger (SAW)
said,
“Two hungry wolves sent to sheep do not cause more destruction than a man’s
greed for property and honour causes to his religion.”

[Ahmed 15784]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:33am On May 14, 2011
Abu Huraira narrated, The Prophet (saw) said:
“Avoid that which I forbid you to do and do that which I command you to do to the best of your capacity.
Verily the people before you were destroyed only because of their excessive questioning and their disagreement with their Prophets.”

(Bukhari)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 8:47am On May 15, 2011
Sayyidina Jabir (RA) reported that Allah’s Messegner (SAW) said, ‘If anyone has three
characteristics, Allah will raise him by His side (in His protection) and admit him to Paradise.
They are: being mild to the weak, being[b] kind to parents[/b] and being kind to slaves.”

[Thirmidhi 2502]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:06am On May 18, 2011
Sayyidina Abdullah ibn Umar reported that the Prophet (SAW) said,
"the supplication that receives the quickest answer is that of an absent person for an absent person."

[Tirmidhi 1987]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:41am On May 19, 2011
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
"The best among you are those who treat their wives in the best manner."

- (Al-Tirmidhi)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:11am On May 22, 2011
Sayyidina Abu Huraira (RA) reported that the Prophet (saw) said,

“If a man removes a difficulty out of a Muslim’s worldly difficulties, then Allah will remove from him a difficulty of the difficulties on the day of resurrection
and if anyone makes it easy [/b]for a hard-pressed in this world, then [b]Allah will make it easy for him in this world and the next,
and if anyone conceals a Muslim’s faults in this world, then[b] Allah will conceal[/b] his faults in this world and the next.
Indeed, Allah continues to help the slave as long as the slave continues to help his brother."

[Bukhari 2442]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 4:11am On May 25, 2011
Abu Walid reported that he heard Sayyidah Hawlah bint Qays (RA) wife of Sayyidina Hamzah ibn Abdul Muttalib says that she heard Allah’s Messenger (SAW) say, “Surely, this wealth is green and sweet. He, who gets it rightfully, there is[b] blessing[/b] in it for him.
And there is many an encroacher in it desiring for himself from the wealth of Allah and His Messenger (SAW) but there is nothing for him on the Day of Resurrection but the Fire.”

[Ahmed 27386, Bukhari 3118]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:24am On May 26, 2011

If anyone continually asks pardon,
Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress,
and a relief from every anxiety,
and will provide for him from where he did not reckon.

[Abu Dawud Book 8, Number 1513]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 1:48am On May 28, 2011

Narrated 'Aisha(ra) :

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Don't abuse the dead, because they have reached the result of what they forwarded."

[Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 23, Number 476]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 5:51am On May 29, 2011

"If anyone[b] continually asks pardon[/b], Allah will appoint for him a way out [/b]of every distress, and [b]a relief [/b]from every anxiety, and [b]will provide for him from where he did not reckon."

[Abu Dawud Book 8, Number 1513]

Lets ask for pardon 'astaghfirullah, astaghfirullah, '
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:02am On May 30, 2011
Sayyidina Anas (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) visited a young man who was dying.
He asked, “How do you find yourself?”
He said, “By Allah, 0 Messenger of Allah! I have[b] hope[/b] in Allah. I am[b] fearful [/b]because of my sins.”
Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “These two things (hope and fear) do not combine in the heart of a Believer but Allah
grants him [/b]what he hopes for and [b]protects him from what he fears.”

[Ibn e Majah 4261]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 5:29am On May 31, 2011
'Abdullah ibn 'Umar said,
"The pleasure of the Lord lies in the pleasure of the Parent.
The anger of the Lord [/b]lies in the [b]anger of the Parent."

[Adab al mufrad Bukhari]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:03am On Jun 01, 2011
Uqba ibn Amir said:
"I said: "'O Messenger of Allah, what is our best way of surviving?'
He, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, replied:
"Guard your tongue,
make your house suffice for sheltering your privacy, and
weep for your wrong actions."

[Tirmidhi]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:00am On Jun 02, 2011
Bukhari Volume 8, Book 76, Number 424:

Narrated Sahl:

I heard the Prophet (saw) saying,
"A (small) place equal to an area occupied by a whip[b] in Paradise [/b]is better than the (whole) world and whatever is in it; and
an undertaking (journey) in the forenoon or in the afternoon for Allah's Cause, is better than the whole world and whatever is in it."
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:04am On Jun 03, 2011
It is narrated that, the Prophet SAW said:
"The[b] life of this world[/b] compared to the hereafter [/b]is as if one of you were to put his finger in the ocean and take it out again then compare the [b]water that remains on his finger to the water that remains in the ocean.

[Sahih Muslim]

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply)

Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.