Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo (32918 Views)

Kola Oguntuga To Take Command Of OLOGBO (Photo) / Busted: The New Zombies That Invade Nairaland At Pay-Per-Post Photo / Buhari Has Indirectly Made Fashola His Second In Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by NovusHomo(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
obasiken:
I was expecting someting like this. Not skype connected to tv. Mediocracy

Oh, well; Fortunato, Dansuki, NOI, Madam Diesel, Mama Piss, et. al., don chop all the money! angry
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by Xionez(m): 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
Wait, the mobile command is a pick up truck with camo-netting. No gun points. No armour. Nothing.
You've gotta be kidding me.
Look that thing well. Does it look serious to you?
No wonder boko are so confident and daring.

The contractor don job us. Even Hitler had a better vehicle to intercept radio signals/ monitor troop movements of their enemies.

Imagine making contact with a hulking armoured truck decked with heavy machine guns capable of solving nothing less than 99 problems per minute...and the alert gunner spots you.

Na to drop gun and lie down for ground. Period.

But if I see that vehicle in the pic, I will just creep closer and see if they are posting on Nairaland or browsing Linda Ikeji's blog.

I feel for our troops who are given these civilian equipments. How is it expected lift moral on the frontlines.

2 Likes

Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
obasiken:

You try.

Which part of "mobile" don't you understand?

Genius.
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by Uncletony(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2016
funmilade4real:
Boko haram don die

Let's face the ND militants

U see what weed has don to u!
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by pamdaniel(m): 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
arms deal... who bought that? buhari or jonathan?
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by dafuturis(m): 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
anonimi:

........the key to which is EDUCATION for all our children focused on:

- Science
- Technology
- Engineering
- Mathematics

Unfortunately Buhari and APC's records in this area is terrible embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027366_buharinu_jpeg5ce072fcf9c5443e849caa9cebbeaa57

be rational for once, what record are you talking about? 2016 is the first budget by this govt and implementation is yet to begin. so where did you get your record? even at that, where is the revenue to get these sectors running at this time when oil is at record low?. besides in fast developing and developed countries of the world these sectors are dominated by private investors, govt only provides the necessary infrastructure, make policies to stimulate growth and create an environment that's capable of attracting entrepreneurs or foreign investors.
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by Macwytt(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2016
obasiken:

Thank you my brother: they were using Toyota vehicle.... Smh for naija Sha.
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by masterpat(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2016
obasiken:

Sorry i dont understand your language. Is it english?

And people even liked the post *smh
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 21, 2016
Missy89:

Fact or innuendo?

Absolute fact. Orders have been placed. Expected end of first quarter
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by supereagle(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2016
we can do more than this
Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 21, 2016
obasiken:
What you should have asked is what is the stream/source of the data and images that are being viewed? Is it live? Yes and it is certainly not skype. Nigeria has the ALTR High altitude surveillance aircraft and the Chinese CH3 UAV (Image: Missile armed) These two platforms can broadcast live battlefield data imagery direct to both the forward operating base and mobile CENTCOM. Now that Nigeria is acquiring 4th Generation aircraft - The J17 Thunder - battlefield data can even go directly up into the sky for immediate support action.

You are talking about surveillance aircraft. What am talking about is the medium of communication. Becos PMB was talking with the troops. If the planes are our only source of communication then it means they have to remain in the air 24/7 to maintain communication.

I was, in fact, going ahead of you a little to talk about streaming data and battlefield imagery with audio. Which is almost as good as it gets. Not as good as the US where soldiers are equipped with helmet mounted camera's, but not bad. Regarding the source of data. I also implied several sources of data; ground mounted - traditional radio man ( the geezer with the big bulky backpack), UAV drones, ATR surveillance aircraft and the mobile command centre; so PMB (more realistically, the battle commander) can be in contact with any of four battlefield sources; not only can he speak with commanders on ground, he can also watch actual live battlefield imagery. You talked about continuous data etc. Truth is, a battle especially the type we are engaged in, is not a 24-hour engagement, but more a series of lull - action episodes. With these, we can have information when it is needed from multiple sources which isn't not bad. The US is designed to fight at least two to three countries possibly all armed with nuclear warheads, the Nigerian army over the years has degraded from a regional into a coastal, and land mass defence force but is again being extended into a regional defence force. Lets cut them some slack. Respects.

Picture: Inside the NAF ATR

Re: Army Mobile Central Command Post - Photo by alaskido(m): 11:23am On Jan 21, 2016
Na now una dey get this equipment? Small countries like Abidjan already have it. All Nigerians know is to steal money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: President Buhari Surrounded By ‘Strangers' - Guardian / Five Big ‘criminal’ Cases That Dominate Nigeria In 2022 / Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.