Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court (443 Views)

Precious Chikwendu Storms Out Of Court, Judge Fails To Appear / Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court / PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by azu12: 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
For reasons that were not stated, Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser (NSA), was absent on Wednesday at the federal high court, Abuja, where his trial for money laundering and illegal possession of firearms was scheduled to continue. This prompted ‎Adeniyi Ademola, the judge, to order the federal government to produce the accused before the court on February 16. He said the accused person must be physically present to face the criminal charges against him.

“I am worried that the accused is not here. I do not want to set a bad precedent,” he said. “Except the court gives express order for the defendant not to be in court, the accused must be brought to court from wherever he is. The accused must be here because I am not sure if what I am doing right now in the absence of the accused is not an illegality. “Government and whoever is concerned must endeavour to do the necessary thing.

http://www.zubbyblog.com/dasuki-fails-to-show-up-in-court/
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Mynd44: 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2016

(1)

NNPC Shuts Down, Kaduna, Port Harcourt Refineries Over Pipeline Vandalism / done / Suggestions On Ways Of Ending Corruption In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.