Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

12 Questions Frequently Asked In The Importation Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 12 Questions Frequently Asked In The Importation Business (1588 Views)

Tap Into The Importation Goldmine / Hilarious Conversation Between UBA And Guy Who Asked Them For Loan On Twitter / 5 Ways To Profit In The Importation Business Admist The High Exchange Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Questions Frequently Asked In The Importation Business by maybrowne(m): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
Good day colleague,

I know this is coming in late but still I want to wish you happy New Year. Last year I did engage in lot of things and while some failed, I did excel at most of them. Last year was a mixture of greatness and letdown considering the fact that towards the end of last I had the greatest failure/ setback I have ever had in business, while it was really devastating and I can say I am still feeling the thorns; I am indeed getting over it but then more than anything.

What gave the biggest satisfaction was that in spite of my own personal hitches, I was always finding myself stretching my neck out to help my students, Facebook group members and subscribers in any way I can, trust me there is a great feeling in knowing that you are adding value to the lives of others (many of which I might not even meet). With this I want to enjoy you that no matter how successful you are in your business or whatever field that you are, please do ensure that you are breeding others as well.

Now last year, in the course of my relationship with many people they were so many questions that were asked from
My Facebook group members (http://www./miniimportationmarketingforum)
My subscribers (http://www.importationblueprint.com)
My students (http://www.importationblueprint.com/blueprint_course)
And of course my loyal blog readers (http://blog.importationblueprint.com)

I got a lot of questions from them all that I cannot even remember all but then I have decided to create a post to address the most common questions I am asked

1. Is the mini importation business really profitable and hope it is not scam?

You see many are still yet pessimistic when it comes to e-importation because they don’t believe in the first place that anything online is legitimate (and while they are wrong, many if not most of the online business opportunities are indeed scam) and secondly because they are scared of taking the huge risk of ordering for a product, paying for the product and someway/somehow they end up not getting their product.

To be sincere, there are lots of stories of people who have been scammed doing this business while trying to buy one thing or another online but then this are mostly people who didn't look before they leap and ignored all traffic signs, people who didn't take the right and proper precautions before going ahead to order the products.

First let me clear all doubts in your mind about E-Importation.

Basic fact is that E-Importation (mini-importation) in its very core is very much genuine as there are lots of people taping from the wealth opportunity that lies therein. Also is the probably now exposed secret that even most of the physical stores we see around us order their products at very cheap price from most of this stores and sell it of for exorbitant prices here in Nigeria.

Download this free report that shows you the step by step process of engaging in the importation business. (http://importationblueprint.com/)

2. Do I need to pay custom duties on every goods or products that I import?

No, you do not. Except for bulky products like cars, bikes, goods in heavy containers, most of the products or goods that you import into the country will be labeled under "gift" label and, as such, are duty free.

Read this post on how to escape paying custom duties.(http://blog.importationblueprint.com/2015/09/how-to-escape-from-the-hammer-of-customs.html)

3. What is the time frame that I can expect to receive the ordered products?

The time frame that the products that you order take to get to you depends on some factors,
1. The packaging period of the seller: This is the period it takes the seller to package your products before shipping put. This is can simply described as how long it takes for the seller to ship out your product.
2. The shipping company that you choose to use: The type of shipping company that you chose to use while to a very large extent determines the amount of time that your products will take to reach you. If you use companies like China post mail or Singapore post mail, you will pay far less than you will pay to any other shipping company (in fact in most cases, you are likely to ship with them without paying a penny.) but then you should expect to receive your products within 2 – 5 weeks and in some cases it can even go on for more.

While if you use third party courier companies like DHL, FedEx, UPS among many others you can anticipate receiving you’re ordered products within 4-8 days though this option will cost you.

4. Where do the products come from?

The products can be sourced from any part for the world but then majority of the come from the US, UK and China with China being the major market to import from.

While most people get cold feet when they hear about china made products most commonly referred to as “chinko product” in Nigeria, the real truth is that china actually manufactures most of the best quality products that you find around, Many of the products from top brands like Samsung, Apple, HP, Adidas among many others, so I think this will assure that you are going to be getting products that are high in quality even if there are from china, the reason why most of the china products in Nigeria market are sub-standard is because that is what Nigeria most distributor demand from the manufacturers.

The reason why china is the home for almost manufactures is because cost of manufacturing in china is cheaper thereby, you can be sure of getting quality products from china for very cheap.

5. What import portals are 100% genuine and legitimate that I can source from?

There are lot of import portals that you can source from but then let me just a few.

www.aliexpress.com
www.alibaba.com
www.amazon.com
www.ebay.com

You can read this post to discover the top ten import portals to source your products from. (http://blog.importationblueprint.com/2015/09/top-10-import-portals-to-source-from.html)

6. How Can I Identify Genuine Sellers Online?

Identifying a genuine supplier from a fake one requires a stretch from you, you have to be ready to do make some researches and take some steps in order to prevent yourself from being scammed by fake suppliers. Look into the background of every supplier you will be dealing with.

7. Should I Get a Buyer Ready before Importing the Goods or Do I import first and Start looking For Buyers?

This depends on how you will like to play and it also depends in the type of product that you are importing, it is all fine whichever way you go about it. Now while it is not entirely necessary that you have ready buyers before importing, it is very much necessary in fact compulsory that you are sure that there is a willing market for the product, I:e make sure that there are people who are indeed willing to spend on the product you are importing.

8. Which Hot Selling Products Can i Import and Make Good Profits?

I cannot begin to list products that I believe are hot selling because what works for me might not work for you, also what is hot selling now might not be so in the next one month. The best way to locate and know products that are hot selling is to look around you, research, find a need and fill it.

The best way to make success in business is to see a problem and bring about the solution. For example, if work in a bank or a corporate organization and you notice that they is a huge demand for gadgets, suits, wristwatches and others, you can simply go on and import it and deliver it to those who are demand of it. Please do not be limited by your community alone, I only used that as reference.

Click here to read post that shows how to know products to source for. (http://blog.importationblueprint.com/2015/06/factors-to-consider-when-choosing-type.html)

9. How Do I Get High Quality Products Online?

You need to understand that while there are many types of products out there, there are products that are actually genuine products and then at there are products at that are total clone of the original products, if you are not careful and vigilant, you will be scammed and get a clone which will damage your business

10. The Shipping Cost is Too expensive For Me, what can i do?

Shipping with companies like DHL, FedEx, UPS and many other big names in the courier companies is most likely to wreck you especially if you are a small importer. So you will need to work with local shipping companies that can ship your products for cheap prices.

Read this post that shows you how to ship your products faster and for cheaper rates. (http://blog.importationblueprint.com/2015/07/how-to-get-your-goods-to-nigeria-at.html)

11. How do you make payment for products that you order?
There are various medium of making payments in the importation business.

You can read this blog post that shows you how to make payment in the importation business.(http://blog.importationblueprint.com/2015/10/different-mediums-of-making-payments.html)

12. What are the things I need to successfully import products online?

You need to get some few things in order for you to be able to engage in the importation business and this are the things you need to get for a start.

1) A device with internet connection.
This does not necessarily need to be a computer or a laptop, you can use a tablet device, an android phone, blackberry smart phone, an I-Pad/I-Phone, just make it is a smart device with an internet connection.

2) A medium of making payment online
You need to have a medium of payment either it is with your credit card, PayPal, Alipay, Bank Transfer among many other mediums.

3) A valid/traceable home address
You need a valid and traceable address where your products will be delivered to.

4) A valid email address
You need a valid and working email address for the e-stores to commune with you everything that has with your order and any other important things that you might need to be aware of.
You can get a free e-mail from Gmail, yahoo mail and Hotmail.

5) Startup Capital
I really don’t think I need to explain this but then I think I need to point out that you do not need to have a huge sum of money before you can engage in the mini importation business.

6) A quality guide on how to engage in the business.
You will need a full guide on how to successfully engage in the importation business, a great one is the Mini-Importation Blueprint which is a step by step guide on how to start a successful importation business.

Go here to find out here more about The Mini-Importation Blueprint course (http://importationblueprint.com/blueprint_course)

Closing Thoughts:
So you have there the most frequent questions that I am asked and their answers do make sure that you check the corresponding links to understand more about the questions.
It is quite possible that you have question that has not been answered, please do leave it as comment on this post or send it to my mail.

Happy New Year To You
Wishing you the best with your importing deals
Committed to hear your success story,
Murphy Bolarinwa Browne
Signing Out....

If you love this post, please kindly do comment and share it with others.

Source: http://blog.importationblueprint.com/2016/01/12-questions-in-importation.html

(1) (Reply)

How I Went From N150,000/month To N0.00(colapsed Business) - Gplusvpn / Please Where Can I Get A Polo In Bulk / Agric | Quality Carrot Seeds Suppliers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.