Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Hapened To The Yoruba's Call For Sovereign National Conference? - Joevics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Hapened To The Yoruba's Call For Sovereign National Conference? - Joevics (443 Views)

Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS / Militants Warn President Buhari,calls For Sovereign National Conference / ND Militant Group Warns President Buhari,Calls For Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Hapened To The Yoruba's Call For Sovereign National Conference? - Joevics by Joevics(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
For many years and before the convergence of the national conference by the former president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, there had been a continuous call by the people of the southwest of Nigeria for true federalism and a sovereign national conference, a means for the actualization of the oduduwa nation. Even before the general election the afenifere group stated that a sovereign national conference was more important than the general elections, www.premiumtimesng.com/news/151827-national-conference-important-2015-elections-afenifere-tells-jonathan.html. Listed below are other articles to state how anxious the yorubas were for the national conference and the realization of the oduduwa nation. This was written in 1999. allafrica.com/stories/199910130260.html. www.nairaland.com/854941/sovereign-national-conference. www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/146632-issues-sovereign-national-conference-femi-aribisala.html. www.nairaland.com/1466702/tinubu-planned-national-conference-deceptive/6. Even Tinibu called for the national conference www.nairaland.com/810886/tinubu-calls-sovereign-national-conference/1. Note: I decided to use nairaland articles, so some of us could see our comments as of then. But the whole story seems to have changed since after the general elections last year, with the Yorubas now the tribe mostly keen on the Unity of the Nigeria. The emergence of the Indigenous people of Biafra (IPOB) group and its call for the actualization of the Biafra nation seems to have woken the ”unity consciousness” of the Yorubas. With them now posing the unity defenders of the Nigerian Nation. I have read many views on the IPOB and their struggle and have read a lot of comments online and from my observation, even the northerners rarely concern themselves with the IPOB problem as the yorubas do. My question then is: 1. what has changed within this period that make Nigeria so indivisible? 2. What make it laudable for the Yorubas to call for self realization but makes it wrong the easterners to do same? I call on all those who have been shouting to high heavens about this IPOB to come and give their view. Pls MOD, this is a glaring issue to all of us, my reason of writing this is not to cause a tribal war but to hear other views. Note am neither yoruba nor IPOB, just a concerned Nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

Abia North Business Community In Francophone / Nigeria’s Indegenous Defence industry. / Corruption Fight Back In Federal Medical Centre Owo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.