Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions (22796 Views)

NECA Attacks CBN Over N50 Stamp Duty / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know / N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by mrborntodoit: 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Naughtysite:
More than N1.5bn daily...

There are 261 working days in a year ( Non Leap Year )..

Assume one in every four Nigerians do a transaction daily. 35m transactions times N50 times 261 workinng days.

Over N391.5 billion..

Imagine if they fund a social security system with N391.5 billion annually cool

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by BlackPeni5: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
This policy will encourage cash transactions thereby defeating the cashless policy

3 Likes

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by okpor2(m): 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
If u don't like d policy save ur money in pots under ur beds nd or under ur pillows!hahahahahahahahahaha!at least u have an option of not using d banks.those of u wu love to pose at atm to collect just 1k change don catch una ooo
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Sgwash: 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Dunno wether it is d CBN Governor, or Mr. President that brought this on, all I can say is that it's got d hands of d devil in it.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Super1759: 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
i still dont understand this bikonu..
We go start to keep money for house o
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by mapet: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
Naughtysite:
More than N1.5bn daily...

There are 261 working days in a year ( Non Leap Year )..

Assume one in every four Nigerians do a transaction daily. 35m transactions times N50 times 261 workinng days.

Over N391.5 billion..

Bros,

1. Please when you want to lay down stats, a referencing to records will be better. How can you have 35million transaction (on the assumption of 1 person per transaction per day) when according to extant records, only about 28million Nigerians have a bank account http://www.efina.org.ng/about-us/financial-inclusion/ . This is inclusive of those dormant accounts

2. You mean to tell me a person is assumed to do transaction virtually everyday? That will be crazy

3. Be that as it may, you're somewhat right that it's a viable revenue source for the FG and it shows that the leadership of FIRS and office of the VP, Finance Ministry and Planning ministry are smart folks

2 Likes

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by mapet: 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
YoursGEJ:
They should focus on plugging existing leakages in revenue collection and recovering loots from corrupt officials rather than extorting more money from Nigerians that will probably be embezzled as well. The ultimate victim of this charge will be the common man.

This is classic and generous coming from a YoursGEJ. Coincidentally, your clamour for recovering loots from corrupt officials is what PMG's doing, be patient, he's saving the best for the last when the Otuoke Chief will finally have to answer for his past
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Acidosis(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
Buhari's fans started this by contributing towards his election.
Let the donation continue,

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Dyt(f): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
Deep sigh

Smh
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by properguy: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Even if its 5naira people will still complain.

N50 is akara and meatpie money.

Police sef go vex if u give am 50 for checkpoint

Pls find something else to complain about.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by sweetemmy(m): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
all na Change of Power not Govt. let is enjoy it but more are still coming. tollgate by 2016/2017e.t.c. that means u are going to pay more on transportation.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by udumosam23(m): 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
I still don't get it, will they charge the bank or individuals. I know I still pay 100 for every transfer I make, are they gonna add 50 to make it 150?

If this is the case, then it will be very mean as it will only affect the poor. The rich transfer millions so 50 will not mean anything. But imagine that I have 5k in my account and I want to send my wife 2k in school, I'll be left with 2850, and I'll only be entitle to withdraw 1k. Its not fair now.

The FG should rather charge 1% for every of such transaction. You claim you want to help the poor, yet you are here muzzling them, you can hardly see any policy that will affect the rich in Nigeria. Its bad very bad.

okpor2:
If u don't like d policy save ur money in pots under ur beds nd or under ur pillows!hahahahahahahahahaha!at least u have an option of not using d banks.those of u wu love to pose at atm to collect just 1k change don catch una ooo

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by eightsin(m): 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
This will be a huge money to be made

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by SHAIBULIAR: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
pls somebody should explain it further to us in a lay man language.

God punish person wey open teeth laff me

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by sweetemmy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
properguy:

do u have Brain problem?

2 Likes

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by BeeCool15: 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
There's this argument that we do not patronize our locally made products enough and we always want to blame the government for bad economy. Should we blame ourselves too? If you read this, you'll know what the argument really is - http://thenakedconvos.com/plunging-naira-before-you-blame-emefiele-look-at-yourself/
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Pidggin(f): 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Thieves!
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Dyt(f): 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
properguy:

Really?
What a wow
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Acidosis(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
properguy:

can you turn N20 to N50? look at your big head...

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Genea(f): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Why must every decision affect d poor adversely,dis money won't be utilized 4 our good,may thunder strike every1 behind dis policy,may dey neva see d break of dawn,i'd rada gv a begging child d money dan dese fraudulent govt
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by bigtt76(f): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
I keep saying this ....that CBN governor needs to go! He's just churning out policies upon policies under different covers angry
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by mikolo80: 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
AFRICANDICEY:
Any new policy is against me and you. we pay tax, now stamp duty. Oil is finished now they want to drill from me and you. The worst is that we don't have a choice. We are all law abiding citizens... Only God can judge US.
you do have a choice, every 4 years
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
Mugu FG. It is left for me to tell my people to put my name as the Depositor and the receiver. Shikena .shishi u no go collect 4rm me.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by solidifi: 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
The rich and political thieves in this country should STOP enriching themselves and impoverishing the poor the more.

Nigerian fiscal policy is ineffective and in shambles. Ad-Vole rem tax system should be introduced and applied in this country.
All the expensive cars owned and bought with the looted money by the political thieves should be heavily taxed by 100-200 percent
to raise money for the government and to stimulate our economy, and this N50 from the poor.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by solidifi: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
The rich and political thieves in this country should STOP enriching themselves and impoverishing the poor the more.

Nigerian fiscal policy is ineffective and in shambles. Ad-Vole rem tax system should be introduced and applied in this country.
All the expensive cars owned and bought with the looted money by the political thieves should be heavily taxed by 100-200 percent
to raise money for the government and to stimulate our economy, and NOT this N50 from the poor.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
vayne:
#50x75million daily=Broad daylight robbery!
Are you sure is that what it means? They said 50 naira on each transaction ranging from 1000 naira and above, how comes about your calculations or i didn't read it well?
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by hamilton62(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=frodobee post=42211854][/quote]
When FFK said it that the removal of 50K will be robbed from other place and bigger because that's what he saw coming many insult him because he is not blind like them

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by poseidon12: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
okpor2:

Are you sure they will be charging the #50 when you withdraw from the atm?
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by pjecly: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
Note.....
Stamp duty is not new policy in nigeria. is just about to be implemented.

2. To those who think or believe that common man will suffer for it. No. Rich men will suffer it more because more transactions are carried out by rich men frpm banks on daily basis.

Some poor men don't even carry out banking transactions for some days.

Let encourage this and be focused on what they will use the proceeds for.

Crude oil is getting down everyday.
pay ur tax

Still JECLY
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by themanderon: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
What is it with APC and taxing people to death?? APC and their side kick PDP are all one and the same money sucking demons grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Kind Of Small Business Can 100,000naira Do In Nigerian / How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man / Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.