Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions (22795 Views)

NECA Attacks CBN Over N50 Stamp Duty / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know / N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by clarity4clear(f): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
KWARRUPTION AT ITS PEAK

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by codephela(m): 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
dre11:

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/22/n50-stamp-duty-cbn-exempts-salary-accounts-self-to-self-transactions/

Hahahah...broad daylight fraud!,well stealing either by the books or cutting corners is corruption..awon oniranu!..change ti de!!!
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by emmydollars4life(m): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
missKiffy:
Well, not bad
Is your comments but look at it from someone who needs help to offset some bills, what of the poor masses? 50 is too much, because so many people do transaction which federal government will make much money from.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Thollulope(m): 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
Naughtysite:
More than N1.5bn daily...

There are 261 working days in a year ( Non Leap Year )..

Assume one in every four Nigerians do a transaction daily. 35m transactions times N50 times 261 workinng days.

Over N391.5 billion..
i gues u were d best math student in skul

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by emmydollars4life(m): 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
YoursGEJ:
They should focus on plugging existing leakages in revenue collection and recovering loots from corrupt officials rather than extorting more money from Nigerians that will probably be embezzled as well. The ultimate victim of this charge will be the common man.
You nail it all.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
shegsky:
Mugu FG. It is left for me to tell my people to put my name as the Depositor and the receiver. Shikena .shishi u no go collect 4rm me.

Correct guy. People will always find a way around it.
Lol!
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Correct guy. People will always find a way around it. Lol!
Girlie o, we've been in these game for long . No be today.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by otitokoroleti: 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
UltraSphinx:
Mere N50 is chicken change, but if the gross total is calculated per working year, i bet it'll amount to billions of hard-earned naira that are waiting to be looted by another power-broker
I lost 900naira yesterday due to that silly policy.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by caywhy: 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
you people don come with your dubious policies again abi? During the time of Sanusi Lamido as CBN governor, he cancelled transaction charges on atm, you people re-introduced it and we no vex, now its #50 again. In a little while, we'll start hearing that the money was not remitted into the national purse and no refund will be made to the customers. The question now is just: WHO WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE CUFFED BY EFCC?

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Chukzyfcb(m): 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
When the 2016 buget came out, most people were praising Buhari, saying it'll be the first time our budget wouldn't rely on Oil proceeds.
Talks of how over 60% of the budget would come from Non-oil source, nobody sat ddown tothink how much Non-oil sources generate @ the moment? Nobody thought that taxing the populace would be one way of generating that revenue in the "Non-oil category"
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by sleekarry(m): 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
iyalaya cbn…iya alajo ti take over[color=#770077][/color] undecided kiss
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by DerMeister: 3:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Why not 50% on every transaction below N20,000...

Bloody reta.rded post

GenBuhari:
should be percentage .

Say 2% on every transaction over N20,000
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by tk4rd: 8:20am On Jan 23, 2016
So, if someone wants to send N1500 to his son for him to buy textbooks, you are now telling me that only N1450 will drop in.??
This is a way of robbing small income customers. This is really so scary and very non-sympathetic.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Ximonak: 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
pjecly:
Note.....
Stamp duty is not new policy in nigeria. is just about to be implemented.

2. To those who think or believe that common man will suffer for it. No. Rich men will suffer it more because more transactions are carried out by rich men frpm banks on daily basis.

Some poor men don't even carry out banking transactions for some days.

Let encourage this and be focused on what they will use the proceeds for.

Crude oil is getting down everyday.
pay ur tax

Still JECLY

Guy read what you wrote again, please tell me, the poor with 5k in his/account will be charged 100 if he/she withdraw 2k twice plus monthly bank charges, so what is left in the account, remember 1k is fixed

Nigeria policy killing middle class since ages

It's either you are in the rich class or poor
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2016
We need to tax our super-rich, that is why percentage is fairer. May if have 5% for transactions above N50,000 .

Foreign companies could be charged 10%.
DerMeister:
Why not 50% on every transaction below N20,000...

Bloody reta.rded post

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Kind Of Small Business Can 100,000naira Do In Nigerian / How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man / Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.