Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Final Year Project - Please Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Final Year Project - Please Help (1705 Views)

Am Having Problem In Running My Python Project, Please Help Out / Need A Programming Solution To You Final Year Project? / Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Year Project - Please Help by bookgenius(m): 9:02am On Jan 22, 2016
Let me go straight to the point. The project is a phone tracking system that includes an app and a web server.

The mobile application installed on the mobile phone will send the coordinates of the position of the mobile phone at intervals to a remote webserver, based on the assumption that the phone’s GPS is always on, and there is always internet access on the phone.

The webserver receives data (coordinates) from the GPS on the mobile phone. It also serves data to the webpage with data needed to locate the exact position of the mobile phone.
It uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture consisting of the models that manage the data and resources, the controller that routes request the appropriate components for handling and the view that responds with the appropriate data requested.

The webpage presents the exact location of the mobile phone on the global map. This is achieved through the insertion of the coordinates (latitude and longitude) onto the web page. The user interface is developed using client side programming and is intended as a tool that is in sync with the global map.

Assumptions
The following assumptions are to be made during the design of this project:
The GPS of the mobile phone is always switched on
The mobile phone always has access to the internet

I am into programming but not so vast in it, i know PHP for some extent and also frontend languages....The problem is that I don't even know where to start, what I will need or what to learn.

I only need hints and I would so much appreciate it. I'm sure someone here must have done something similar before.

Thanks.
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2016
bookgenius:
Let me go straight to the point. The project is a phone tracking system that includes an app and a web server.

The mobile application installed on the mobile phone will send the coordinates of the position of the mobile phone at intervals to a remote webserver, based on the assumption that the phone’s GPS is always on, and there is always internet access on the phone.

The webserver receives data (coordinates) from the GPS on the mobile phone. It also serves data to the webpage with data needed to locate the exact position of the mobile phone.
It uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture consisting of the models that manage the data and resources, the controller that routes request the appropriate components for handling and the view that responds with the appropriate data requested.

The webpage presents the exact location of the mobile phone on the global map. This is achieved through the insertion of the coordinates (latitude and longitude) onto the web page. The user interface is developed using client side programming and is intended as a tool that is in sync with the global map.

Assumptions
The following assumptions are to be made during the design of this project:
The GPS of the mobile phone is always switched on
The mobile phone always has access to the internet

I am into programming but not so vast in it, i know PHP for some extent and also frontend languages....The problem is that I don't even know where to start, what I will need or what to learn.

I only need hints and I would so much appreciate it. I'm sure someone here must have done something similar before.

Thanks.

How much do you know about php?
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by CUM4WHAT(m): 9:09am On Jan 22, 2016
U needa know java, sqlite, php, js atleast to kickstart d project... .. Mni can help u get resourcez if interested
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 22, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
U needa know java, sqlite, php, js atleast to kickstart d project... .. Mni can help u get resourcez if interested

Op doesn't need Java. All you need is your server. Mysql will handle the database. PHP will handle the Web programming. The mobile app should be an android app for simplicity. Both the Web page and Android app will use the Mysql database on the server. It's as simple as that.
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by bookgenius(m): 9:30am On Jan 22, 2016
iamayodeji:

How much do you know about php?
Thnks...Up to OOP
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by bookgenius(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
U dnt men it
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by bookgenius(m): 9:48am On Jan 22, 2016
iamayodeji:

Op doesn't need Java. All you need is your server. Mysql will handle the database. PHP will handle the Web programming. The mobile app should be an android app for simplicity. Both the Web page and Android app will use the Mysql database on the server. It's as simple as that.
Exactly my idea though.
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 22, 2016
bookgenius:
Exactly my idea though.

So start from somewhere, do your analysis and begin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by CUM4WHAT(m): 10:46am On Jan 22, 2016
iamayodeji:

are u dumb? Native android app doesnt need java? Dude dnt mislead her.... She gonn use php nd mysql for server side backend alone
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by olyjosh(m): 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
are u dumb?
Bro, must you use that word

Deploying a native app is the best approach to this, however, there is always a work around in HTML5/javascript Mobile WORA(Write once, run anywhere) platforms. Phonegap among other HTML5/javascript Mobile development platform does it. Check out docs here http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.0.0/cordova_geolocation_geolocation.md.html

1 Like

Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by marvelad(f): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
Please open this link vote for my friend http://micropage.opera.com/etisalatng/942zbua32d.html.. i really appreciate every vote
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by CUM4WHAT(m): 5:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
olyjosh:
Bro, must you use that word

Deploying a native app is the best approach to this, however, there is always a work around in HTML5/javascript Mobile WORA(Write once, run anywhere) platforms. Phonegap among other HTML5/javascript Mobile development platform does it. Check out docs here http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.0.0/cordova_geolocation_geolocation.md.html
dude like seriously? For a call tracking app? U guys amuse me sometimes... .... So u wud use html and js to track calls and get gps data?
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by Olumyco(m): 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
@CUM4WHAT what is d big deal in tracking a phone thru gps? One can use HTML5 and JavaScript to do it. The API for it is available
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by olyjosh(m): 12:28am On Jan 23, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
dude like seriously? For a call tracking app? U guys amuse me sometimes... .... So u wud use html and js to track calls and get gps data?

I think you should read the post very well. The author never write about call tracking, it was specified that the design considers GPS and Internet for itsfunctionalities. However, you should be a programmer that is ready to read and learn new things extensively. Phonegap among other HTML5/javascript platform has being making a lot of wave for sometime now in mobile app development. I don't use them for my work but that doesn't mean I shouldn't know about them. I wonder if you don't know this is possible in HTML5/javascript app deployment for Mobile. I'm sure you didn't even follow the link to the doc in my earlier response. Note that HTML5 is quite different to the HTML you know.
If all these still amuse you then everybody here is a century ahead of you bro.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by julybaba(m): 10:24am On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by julybaba(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2016
Please don't confuse the OP. Nobody is getting an award for being the correct one. Like olyjosh said, a good Programmer should be opened to learning new things.

bookgenius should follow those links. That's the solution to your project. Don't let anyone scare you down, your project is not big deal.
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by CUM4WHAT(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
olyjosh:

I think you should read the post very well. The author never write about call tracking, it was specified that the design considers GPS and Internet for itsfunctionalities. However, you should be a programmer that is ready to read and learn new things extensively. Phonegap among other HTML5/javascript platform has being making a lot of wave for sometime now in mobile app development. I don't use them for my work but that doesn't mean I shouldn't know about them. I wonder if you don't know this is possible in HTML5/javascript app deployment for Mobile. I'm sure you didn't even follow the link to the doc in my earlier response. Note that HTML5 is quite different to the HTML you know.
If all these still amuse you then everybody here is a century ahead of you bro.
her 1st line is about phone tracking system

(1) (Reply)

The Secrets Of Programming : That Movie You Muuuusssttt Watch As A Programmer / Web Development Tutorials / Software Development And Marketing In Nigeria, How Can We Start It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.