Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:31 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria (12279 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool debate third edition elimination stage: Winner 6: LASU / Nairaland Interschool debate Elimination stage Winner 1: Unijos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Fynestboi: 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Fynestboi:
Due to the unavoidable absent of one of the team for Lautech, it is obvious that ABU ZARIA will be the winner for this stage, however it's pertinent I unveil the score of each participants, for subsequent stages and editions. Hence I will be posting the score per participants.

Congratulations ABU ZARIA..

Thread lock while I post the score.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Fynestboi: 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
Catalyst4real

1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) -------3

2. Logic of arguments------3

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases. ------4

4. Persuasiveness------3

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject------3

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience------3

Total: 19

1) Presentation - 2

2)- Logic of arguments - 3

3) Strength of facts - 3

4) Persuasiveness - 3

5) Demonstration of knowledge - 2

6) Rebuttals - 3

Total - 16

Presentation 3
Logic 3
Strength 2.5
Persuasiveness 3.5
Knowledge 3.5
Rebuttals 2.5
TOTAL 18

GRAND TOTAL
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Fynestboi: 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
Penplayer

Penplayer
Presentation 3.5
Logic 4
Strength 2.5
Persuasiveness 3
Knowledge 3.5
Rebuttals 3.5
TOTAL 20

1) Presentation - 4

2)- Logic of arguments - 4

3) Strength of facts - 4

4) Persuasiveness - 3

5) Demonstration of knowledge - 4

6) Rebuttals - 5

Total - 24

1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) ----------4

2. Logic of arguments-------3

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.--------3

4. Persuasiveness------3

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject-------4

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience-------4.5

Grand score
21.5 points

GRAND TOTAL: 65.5
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Fynestboi: 10:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
Abuklaw

1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) -------5

2. Logic of arguments------4

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases. ------3

4. Persuasiveness------ 4

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject-----4

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience-------4

Total score

1) Presentation - 4

2)- Logic of arguments - 3

3) Strength of facts - 4

4) Persuasiveness - 3

5) Demonstration of knowledge - 4

6) Rebuttals - 3

Total - 21

Abuklaw
Presentation 4
Logic 4
Strength 3.5
Persuasiveness 4
Knowledge 4
Rebuttals 4
TOTAL 23.5

GRAND TOTAL: 67.5
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Fynestboi: 10:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Do I need to declare the winner? Erm I don't think. ..

Nevertheless congratulations to Abuklaw and Catalyst4real...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by penplayer: 10:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
Not a bad outing for me I guess. My partner just came online. He struggled with internet connection. Gush I hate Nigeria. To think he actually wrote.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by penplayer: 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
Not a bad outing for me I guess. My partner just came online. He struggled with internet connection. Gush I hate Nigeria. To think he actually wrote.

Lautech could have won.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
@ Penplayer you are my hero for the week. You kept your head up against two juggernauts. Resilience, perseverance will get u far. Keep on keeping on...I applaud you.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by luxanne(f): 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
penplayer:

Thanks for the kind words. [b]I'll probably kill him too.[/b]He didn't pick nor return my calls. And he promised to write even if I have to edit for him. That's all gone tho. I may be out but I'll still watch from the sidelines.

OK, that was heavy, Lool

Have you seen the results? You see, you did greatly smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by penplayer: 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:
@ Penplayer you are my hero for the week. You kept your head up against two juggernauts. Resilience, perseverance will get u far. Keep on keeping on...I applaud you.

Thank you very much. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by penplayer: 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
luxanne:

OK, that was heavy, Lool

Have you seen the results? You see, you did greatly smiley
Yeah. That's enough motivation. Internet affected him. I've forgiven him.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by luxanne(f): 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yes, Congratulations to Abuklaw and Catalyst4real...

You also didn't disappoint smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Obinoscopy(m): 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Weldone guys. Penplayer and Abuklaw, you guys were spectacular. You guys are scholars in the making.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Abuklaw(m): 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
I really acknowledge penplayer's doggedness. I wonder what I would have done in your situation. You are really one of those that stick their head up in whatever condition. Best of luck to you in your endeavour.

On behalf of my partner, I dedicate this victory to God and fellow abusites on nairaland. We promise never to let you guys down in our subsequent schedule.

Special greetings to the sagacious and impartial judges that officiated this fixture. We appreciate your contribution towards this successful event.

Catalyst4real, you are one in a million. Some of your colleagues would have given the excuse of Bermuda triangle in other to avoid participating in this debate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by sammyscholar(m): 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
Kudos to all of of you guys. @Abuklaw, your write up is very much endearing. Keep up the good job bro.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by sammyscholar(m): 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
penplayer:

Yeah. That's enough motivation. Internet affected him. I've forgiven him.
weldone bro. You outrightly held your ground despite the fact that it is you against two persons. You did excellently well bro, weldone once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Abuklaw(m): 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
sammyscholar:
Kudos to all of of you guys. @Abuklaw, your write up is very much endearing. Keep up the good job bro.
thanks bro. I am still learning from your impressive erudition sir. May God ease your affairs.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by penplayer: 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks for the heads up guys. I really don't feel bad about dropping out again. Abuklaw.Catalyst4real. It was nice debating with you. Thanks to the judges too. I hope there will be a next-time. cheesy

Obinoscopy, Luxanne, Naijadeyhia, fynestboi. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by penplayer: 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
sammyscholar:
weldone bro. You outrightly held your ground despite the fact that it is you against two persons. You did excellently well bro, weldone once again.

Thanks grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
penplayer:

I was impressed by your essay n answers to those questions even wen it was all u, as a fellow ladokites, am happy u did excellently well... Weldone fellow... Great lautech

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by lekan008(m): 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
luxanne:

So sorry you had to go through this again, wished it didn't happen.

But common, cheer up OK, you did great taking on those two by yourself, some folks would have developed cold feet and ran off but you didn't, Lool give yourself some credit will you smiley

And I still have my whip waiting for that team mate of yours, he better don't cross my path on here angry

Lool
Team Lautech all the way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by t0bbY(m): 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks @penplayer for representing ladokites.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by menzo4u: 12:56am On Jan 25, 2016
Fynestboi:
Do I need to declare the winner? Erm I don't think. ..
Fynestboi, deep down my heart I say a wonderous weldone to you for your continuous relentless dedication to ensure the success of this annual debate. Nevertheless, I have the following messages for you as one of the participants in this debate competition.

It will be better if you can make this debate to be in such a way that only one representative will be paticipating for each school, perhaps with supporters, but their essay will not be needed, they will just be supporting the sole representative whose essay will be submitted.

The benefit of this is that it will ease the judging proceess and also bring about easier understanding of the essay for the readers and even remove boredom from the whole process.

Fynest, I know what I went through in the hands of my partner yesterday in order to get him to come online to avoid what happened to penlayer today, that mental stress alone contributed to my inabilty to perform very well to some extent during the debate.

Please, I know you may be of the thought that, it has been like that for long and it will continue to be. But remember, one thing that is constant in life is change. Please put it into consideration, imagine an erudite debater like Abuklaw (who won the best debater recently) may be out of this competition if his partner too was not around.

I just sent you PM, kindly confirm receipient.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Fynestboi: 6:54am On Jan 25, 2016
Noted menzo4u....

Replied your mail...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by ademasta(m): 7:09am On Jan 25, 2016
Abusites we are
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 7:55am On Jan 25, 2016
Great job there Penplayer ... When next it shall be ... I'd love to be your partner (a participant) internet doesn't fail much at my side of the map here. Once again, KUDOS! LADOKITES grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by menzo4u: 7:58am On Jan 25, 2016
Fynestboi:
Noted menzo4u....

Replied your mail...
Ok. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by penplayer: 8:18am On Jan 25, 2016
ExtraUniqueGuy:
Great job there Penplayer ... When next it shall be ... I'd love to be your partner (a participant) internet doesn't fail much at my side of the map here. Once again, KUDOS! LADOKITES grin

Thanks man. You'll be notified when next it comes up.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Adeyinka1758(m): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2016
Weldone penplayer.. Thanks for representing LAUTECH. God bless ya, a scientist in the making. Greatest gbogbo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by treshbanj: 9:03am On Jan 25, 2016
ABU....naturally ahead
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by Lekan155: 10:06am On Jan 25, 2016
great job penplayer, "intimidation you condole not"
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:Elimination stage -Winner 2: Abu Zaria by penplayer: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2016
Lekan155:
great job penplayer, "intimidation you condole not"

Exactly. Intimidation we condole not. Thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facts That Would Blow your Mind- Picture Series / Over 1.6 Million Candidates Register For JAMB 2019 / JAMB 2018- Things To Consider When Choosing A Course/career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.