Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - (45761 Views)

Soldiers Storm Niger Delta For Operation Crocodile Smile II / Nigerian Army Provides Contact Details For Operation Python Dance II / Soldiers Training For Operation 'Crocodile Smile' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by phemmyutd(m): 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari will be part of history making as Ogun Sate will be celebrating 40 years of creation.

The event, agged Operation 40-40′, is to mark legacy projects in the state.

Addressing a world press conference Friday at the Press Centre, Oke Mosan, the Secretary to the State Government, Barr. Taiwo Adeoluwa disclosed that the celebration is not for birthday for the state, but to harvest some completed projects across the three Senatorial Districts of the state.

Adeoluwa said, “our desire to celebrate the creation of the state is not for birthday. We want to speak less on the birthday, forty is a milestone, but for us in Ogun state,the issue goes beyond 40 years.

“We have a huge harvest of completed projects which have been completed for over a year, but we don’t like show off, but to do our thing the way we should be.

“But some elders called our attention to the state creation date which is February 3rd and said we should make it a huge celebration. We have over 100 projects across the state and about 60 have been fully completed. We have selected 40 legacy projects to be commissioned by the President to commemorate the anniversary.

“Buhari has most kindly agreed to visit and commission some of the projects. He will be in the state between Monday, 1 & Tuesday 2 February, 2016 to commission some of the projects. Though we are working to see if he can commission all, they are scattered all over the state. All other projects will be commissioned by our past Governors and administrators,” Adeoluwa said.

According to him, Ogun Central leads the pack with between 14-16 projects followed by Ogun East with 12-14 projects and Ogun West with 12 projects.

Projects to be commissioned in Ogun Central includes Alagbaagba Cocoa Plantation, Odeda; Owowo Farm Settlement; Tomato Plantation, Kotopo; Model School, Kobape, Onijaganjagan and Ewekoro.

Others are: A.A.K. Degun Workers Estate, Laderin,Abeokuta; Three Hills Estate, Kobape; Itoku Flyover, Salon Flyover, Iyana Mortuary Flyover, Ojere-Adatan road, OGTV-Ajebo road, Omida road and Isale Igbein road.

In Ogun East, projects to be commissioned include Model School, Sagamu; New Makun City,formerly Estate of Paradise City. The project was on a 50 hectares and was abandoned by the last administration, but was expanded to 750 hectares.

Other projects are: Oba Akarigbo bridge, Sabo Flyover, both in Sagamu. Model school, Ikenne, now HID Awolowo Model school; Model school, Ago Iwoye; Mobalufon bridge, Ijebu Ode; Lagos garage flyover, Ijebu Ode; Emuren Chicks Farms, which produces about 2,000 chicks daily; and Ijebu Ode township road.

In Ogun West, the longest road constructed by the Senator Ibikunle Amosun administration would be commissioned. The road cuts across four LGAs out of five in the district and it is 110km long. It begins from Ilara and runs through Ijoun, Tombolo, and Oja Odan.

Other projects are: Ilo-Awela road, Model School,Ado Odo; Sango-Ijoko road; OPIC New Dawn Estate, Agbara; Oil Plantation, Ipokia (50 hectares); Cashew Plantation and Rice Plantation,Egua.

As parts of the activities, all past Governors in the state will join the Special Executive Council meeting. All Ex-SSGs and all ex- HoS will also be in attendance.

A similar special session will be held at the Ogun State House of Assembly with all past Speakers in attendance.

Other activities are lined up for the day include novelty football match, quiz competition among public secondary schools, celebration of indigenous icons, Ogun Got Talent and a drama presentation titled “Ojo Ola” will be performed by Ogun Indigene Entertainment.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/22/buhari-storms-ogun-for-operation-40-40/

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by mkpuruoka: 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
i hear you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by godfirstawe: 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Really

Such projects in ogun?

Can someone from ogun testify to this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by johnmartus(m): 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
YOU ARE WELCOME MR PRESIDENT

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by 9icest: 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
godfirstawe:
Really

Such projects in ogun?

The state is twice the size of Lagos, so it's really hard to tour the whole place, but there are projects in nearly every LG. Shame the govnor has neglected some regions though. From Sango down to Ewekoro, there is no single government presence. Anyways, may God keep empowering the gov.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
That's yoruba for you we don't brag, like people from erosion ravaged Land grin

71 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by ODVanguard: 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Omo see projects brekete!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Flyoruboy(m): 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
[b]Projects to be commissioned in Ogun Central includes Alagbaagba Cocoa Plantation, Odeda; Owowo Farm Settlement; Tomato Plantation, Kotopo; Model School, Kobape, Onijaganjagan and Ewekoro.

Others are: A.A.K. Degun Workers Estate, Laderin,Abeokuta; Three Hills Estate, Kobape; Itoku Flyover, Salon Flyover, Iyana Mortuary Flyover, Ojere-Adatan road, OGTV-Ajebo road, Omida road and Isale Igbein road.

In Ogun East, projects to be commissioned include Model School, Sagamu; New Makun City,formerly Estate of Paradise City. The project was on a 50 hectares and was abandoned by the last administration, but was expanded to 750 hectares.

Other projects are: Oba Akarigbo bridge, Sabo Flyover, both in Sagamu. Model school, Ikenne, now HID Awolowo Model school; Model school, Ago Iwoye; Mobalufon bridge, Ijebu Ode; Lagos garage flyover, Ijebu Ode; Emuren Chicks Farms, which produces about 2,000 chicks daily; and Ijebu Ode township road.

In Ogun West, the longest road constructed by the Senator Ibikunle Amosun administration would be commissioned. The road cuts across four LGAs out of five in the district and it is 110km long. It begins from Ilara and runs through Ijoun, Tombolo, and Oja Odan.

Other projects are: Ilo-Awela road, Model School,Ado Odo; Sango-Ijoko road; OPIC New Dawn Estate, Agbara; Oil Plantation, Ipokia (50 hectares); Cashew Plantation and Rice Plantation,Egua.[/b]

Yeepa!! Now that's what I'm talking about. Mynd44, Lalasticlala.. Food don done o.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by 9icest: 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
DICK4UCKPUSSY:
That's yoruba for you we don't brag, like people from erosion ravaged Land
grin

I swear. When I see some people creating 500 pages thread on the same Anambra, Enugu and Imo they can't live while flooding the SW, I just shake my head. Such irony. As beautiful as Abeokuta is, and as super-developed as it is, with every street tarred and perfect, no one in tthe entire SW brags about this let alone Lagos, Kwara, Akure, and some hig brows in IB. I'm happy to be Yoruba. We will definitely continue to grow.

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by akinsbaba2015: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
Governor Fayose over to you, what do you have to showcase as your legacy projects? Heaps of press statements and cartons of newspaper adverts-pre & post election.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
He shall be duly represented.
Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Amazing plans

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Africonji: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
Impressive array of projects for commissioning.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by lokoloko84(m): 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
9icest:

The state is twice the size of Lagos, so it's really hard to tour the whole place, but there are projects in nearly every LG. Shame the govnor has neglected some regions though. From Sango down to Ewekoro, there is no single government presence. Anyways, may God keep empowering the gov.
Really, twice the size of lagos? Check it very well, Ogun state is three times the size of lagos and the second largest state in South West after Oyo state.
And mind you, Oyo state is the largest state in the South in terms of land mass.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Flyoruboy(m): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
9icest:

The state is twice the size of Lagos

Nope. Actually Ogun is 4.8-times (or let's just round if off and say 5-times) the size of Lagos (Ogun covers 6472 mi sq. area while Lagos covers 1342 mi sq.).

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by FKO81(m): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
9icest:

[s]I swear. When I see some people creating 500 pages thread on the same Anambra, Enugu and Imo they can't live while flooding the SW, I just shake my head. Such irony. As beautiful as Abeokuta is, and as super-developed as it is, with every street tarred and perfect, no one in tthe entire SW brags about this let alone Lagos, Kwara, Akure, and some hig brows in IB. I'm happy to be Yoruba. We will definitely continue to grow[/s].
Rubbish post, when you where posting Fashola commissioning street light you guys where not bragging right? You talk to people that don't know southwest, Ogun is dirty and backward my journey to Ondo via Ogun was terrified tiny and deplorable road and bridges, I drove more than three hours no decent block building all I saw was mud houses, I couldn't buy something good to eat all they where hawking was bitter-kola and sachet water there was poverty every were even coco farmers I saw.

pics
I & 2 Abeokuta flyover Ogun and side view

3 & 4 Awka flyover under construction and side view

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by PaulJohn1: 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
godfirstawe:
Really

Such projects in ogun?

I have seen the model schools; one after Aro, Along Lagos- Abeokuta expressway. I've also seen the one located not far from Sagam.

For the flyovers, I used five out of all. Two in Abeokuta, also along Lagos-Abeokuta expressway, one at Sagam and the remaining two at Ijebu, passing over Sagam-Benin-Ore-Expressway to link Imota-Ikorodu (Lagos) road.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Flyoruboy(m): 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
FKO81:

Rubbish post, when you where posting Fashola commissioning street light you guys where not bragging right? You talk to people that don't know southwest, Ogun is dirty and backward my journey to Ondo via Ogun was terrified tiny and deplorable road and bridges, I dove more than three hours no decent block building all I saw was mud houses, I couldn't buy something good to eat all they where hawking was bitter-kola and sachet water there was poverty every were even coco farmers I saw.

pics

3 & 4 Awka flyover under construction and side view

Lol. Was expecting you low self-esteemed folks to invade this thread. Did you see 4 new flyovers on the list of upcoming projects for commissioning? We don't need to brag like you inferiority complex plagued people. cheesy You think you're smart with your flyover pix. We sef get favourable views of ours and shitty views of yours. Now which one looks more pleasing to the eyes? Una be learners. cheesy

1: Abeokuta Flyover
2 & 3: Awka red earth flyover cheesy

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by WIZGUY69(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
See Projects. cool cool
I wish I am a good photographer. wink like my iPod friends.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by PaulJohn1: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
All this "I've got better city than you" fellas need to grow up. No Nigerian city is yet worth boasting of outside W/Africa. undecided undecided

If those elected to perform their duties are seeing all these senseless rivalry, they'll feel the community projects we're celebrating is a kudos to them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by WIZGUY69(m): 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
FKO81:

Rubbish post, w[s]hen you where posting Fashola commissioning street light you guys where not bragging right? You talk to people that don't know southwest, Ogun is dirty and backward my journey to Ondo via Ogun was terrified tiny and deplorable road and bridges, I dove more than three hours no decent block building all I saw was mud houses, I couldn't buy something good to eat all they where hawking was bitter-kola and sachet water there was poverty every were even coco farmers I saw.

pics

3 & 4 Awka flyover under construction and side[/s] view

wink

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by FKO81(m): 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
You guy started it, why bringing Anambra and other southeastern states to your discussion?

I & 2 Anambra

3 & 4 Ogun

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by sammyj: 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
SAI BABA always on point . Operations 40 40 indeed! !!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Flyoruboy(m): 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
FKO81:
You guy started it, why bringing Anambra and other southeastern states to your discussion?

I & 2 Anambra

3 & 4 Ogun

Abeg abeg abeg. Don't infest this thread with china bridge pictures of your market city-state. There are more than enough threads on those all over Nairaland. This ain't ****. Thanx. cheesy

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by totit: 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lol grin
Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by FKO81(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Abeg abeg abeg. Don't infest this thread with china bridge pictures of your market city-state. There are more than enough threads on those all over Nairaland. This ain't **** Thanx. cheesy

Bring it on Ogun and Anambra in all ramifications

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Flyoruboy(m): 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
FKO81:

Bring it on Ogun and Anambra in all ramifications

****You dey compare the most industrialized state in the country to your village-state? Shey na for GDP, abi IGR, abi on what scale exactly? Dude, it's fine for you all to hype Anambra but y'all should know your limits. Maybe you can compare Anambra with Ebonyi, Imo, and the likes of Osun and Ekiti, but certainly not Ogun. Shey na for accomplishment ni abi any other ranking nationally. ****

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
PaulJohn1:

I have seen the model schools; one after Aro, Along Lagos- Abeokuta expressway. I've also seen the one located not far from Sagam.

For the flyovers, I used five out of all. Two in Abeokuta, also along Lagos-Abeokuta expressway, one at Sagam and the remaining two at Ijebu, passing over Sagam-Benin-Ore-Expressway to link Imota-Ikorodu (Lagos) road.

There actually two of these models school being constructed between Abeokuta and Itori. wink

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by FKO81(m): 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
Flyoruboy:

****You dey compare the most industrialized state in the country to your village-state? Shey na for GDP, abi IGR, abi on what scale exactly? Dude, it's fine for you all to hype Anambra but y'all should know your limits. Maybe you can compare Anambra with Ebonyi, Imo, and the likes of Osun and Ekiti, but certainly not Ogun. Shey na for accomplishment ni abi any other ranking nationally.****

****why bringing light of the nation to backward Ogun,

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Agbaletu: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
phemmyutd:
President Muhammadu Buhari will be part of history making as Ogun Sate will be celebrating 40 years of creation.

The event, agged Operation 40-40′, is to mark legacy projects in the state.

Addressing a world press conference Friday at the Press Centre, Oke Mosan, the Secretary to the State Government, Barr. Taiwo Adeoluwa disclosed that the celebration is not for birthday for the state, but to harvest some completed projects across the three Senatorial Districts of the state.

Adeoluwa said, “our desire to celebrate the creation of the state is not for birthday. We want to speak less on the birthday, forty is a milestone, but for us in Ogun state,the issue goes beyond 40 years.

“We have a huge harvest of completed projects which have been completed for over a year, but we don’t like show off, but to do our thing the way we should be.

“But some elders called our attention to the state creation date which is February 3rd and said we should make it a huge celebration. We have over 100 projects across the state and about 60 have been fully completed. We have selected 40 legacy projects to be commissioned by the President to commemorate the anniversary.

“Buhari has most kindly agreed to visit and commission some of the projects. He will be in the state between Monday, 1 & Tuesday 2 February, 2016 to commission some of the projects. Though we are working to see if he can commission all, they are scattered all over the state. All other projects will be commissioned by our past Governors and administrators,” Adeoluwa said.

According to him, Ogun Central leads the pack with between 14-16 projects followed by Ogun East with 12-14 projects and Ogun West with 12 projects.

Projects to be commissioned in Ogun Central includes Alagbaagba Cocoa Plantation, Odeda; Owowo Farm Settlement; Tomato Plantation, Kotopo; Model School, Kobape, Onijaganjagan and Ewekoro.

Other projects are: Ilo-Awela road, Model School,Ado Odo; Sango-Ijoko road; OPIC New Dawn Estate, Agbara; Oil Plantation, Ipokia (50 hectares); Cashew Plantation and Rice Plantation,Egua.

As parts of the activities, all past Governors in the state will join the Special Executive Council meeting. All Ex-SSGs and all ex- HoS will also be in attendance.

A similar special session will be held at the Ogun State House of Assembly with all past Speakers in attendance.

Other activities are lined up for the day include novelty football match, quiz competition among public secondary schools, celebration of indigenous icons, Ogun Got Talent and a drama presentation titled “Ojo Ola” will be performed by Ogun Indigene Entertainment.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/22/buhari-storms-ogun-for-operation-40-40/

It can't be for commissioning.....it is under construction, a little above 20%.
All the same, well done SIA!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - by Ilovemystate: 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
Flyoruboy:

****I repeat, Ogun and Anambra are not equals in any ramification, no, far from it. Go pick on an Ebonyi or Imo who actually have higher IGR and GDP than Anambra. **** undecided
Funny guy what is the poverty index of Ogun state?Anambra state is lowest state in poverty index in Nigeria, best in eduction, health sector, state with highest numbers of billionaires, home of indigenous industries, lowest debted state in Nigeria, how many of the industries are own by Ogun indigene?

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$50m Found In Ikoyi: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue's Lawyers Release Press Statement / Obasanjo: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Minority Groups Will Be Exterminated / ‘Dear Easterners, I’m Not Sorry’, Brymo Stands By Igbo Presidency Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.