Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu (693 Views)

Photos Of Babangida Aliyu In Court Today / Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors / Court Remands Babangida Aliyu In Prison Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Dtman: 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Fidelis Soriwei, Abuja
The former Governor of Niger State, Dr.
Babangida Aliyu, has denied having any property
in Dubai or Abu Dhabi in the United Arab
Emirates.
Aliyu said in a statement signed by his Adviser
on Media, Mr. Israel Ebije, on Friday that a list of
political office holders who are alleged to have
properties in the UAE, circulating on the social
media was nothing but a product of mischief.
He said that those peddling the information were
only out to ridicule him and expose him to
investigation.
The former governor challenged those behind the
information to produce evidence of such
properties including pictures.
He called on the Federal Government to take over
any property found to belong to him in Dubai as
he did not have any.
He also called on the citizenry to ignore the
reports which he described as false.
“I do not have properties in Dubai or Abu Dhabi
as peddled by some media organizations. I don’t
even own a mattress outside Nigeria.
“They should do their investigation and if I am
found guilty of owning any property in UAE, the
Federal Government should appropriate it.
“I wish therefore to tell Nigerians to discard the
allegation. It is not true, it’s mischievous,
misleading and aimed at rubbishing my name”
He said that he was in support of the current
move being made by the President to retrieve
stolen funds and to make political offices less
attractive in the country.
“I am totally committed to the President
Muhammadu Buhari decisive effort towards
repatriating stolen funds and his plan towards
making political offices less palatable and
incidence of impunity as low as possible. I am
however concerned over baseless accusations
peddled against my person,” he added
Aliyu who said that he belonged the group of
politicians who did not loot his state treasury,
decried the prevalent situation where all
opposition political figures are viewed as corrupt.
He said that targeting the opposition as corrupt
was inimical to the credibility of the campaign
against corruption.
He said that he was being exposed to allegations
of corruption because of his decision to remain
in the PDP.
Aliyu said that he led the G-7 group of governors
to fight impunity in the PDP and wondered if
such allegations would have been made against
him if he had moved to the APC.
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Dtman: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Elosky20: 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
i don't care if u call it witch hunt or animal hunt anybody found guilty should face the music. had it been the PDP brought all corrupt opposition to book. by nw APC would have been doing finishing touches to the remaining corrupt PDP politicians by nw. PDP failed to fight corruption when the had the ball in their court simple and the have to face the consequences of their lukewarm attitude towards corrupt politicians.
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by XieXie: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Na him sabi.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by ozy4christ(f): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
getting interesting.
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by LONJITARLE(m): 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
we hear u. But God knows better.
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Pidggin(f): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Dem say, she say, he say, APC say, EFCC say, u get
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Yeske2(m): 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ok, everybody has started "oga i swear to God, i no follow" abi? Don't worry, by the time baba is done with you guys, una go sing for us tire.
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Chubhie: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
I will take Aliyu serious when he sue Saharareporters and lie Mohammed with his instruments of propaganda production.
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by naijaboy756: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
Yeske2:
Ok, everybody has started "oga i swear to God, i no follow" abi?
Don't worry, by the time baba is done with you guys, una go sing for us tire.
coward sighted... What will he do? Abeg bounce joor
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Yeske2(m): 9:06am On Jan 23, 2016
naijaboy756:
coward sighted... What will he do? Abeg bounce joor
Ask Dasuki and Metuh
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Owoplenty(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2016
Denial! Denial ! Denial ! Is the strongest alibi
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by yjgm(m): 9:15am On Jan 23, 2016
The former chief servant or 'thief' as some will call him in his usual fluent way just made the case more interesting. SR will now have time to lay credence to their claims. Dino and Saraki comes to mind.
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by yjgm(m): 9:16am On Jan 23, 2016
Lalasticlala and seun should do justice to this thread.
Re: I Don’t Have Properties In UAE − Babangida Aliyu by Psalm18: 9:26am On Jan 23, 2016
Atiku Abubakar has a house in Dubai.

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad Zakzaky Has Spoken / Buhari In Ogun Meets Amosun, Awujale Behind Closed Doors / Must Read:Dame PATIENCE JONATHAN Back With Press Release(full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.