Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed (10757 Views)

My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night / Zimbabwean Man Forces Wife To Sleep With Stranger For $3000 / Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
babygirlfl:
Really, Are we talking 14years old or 14monrhs.

Women please think really hard before you become a step mum.
As crazy as that sounds, I hope it's a 14 month old

3 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by I888(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
sickstars:

I kno but it all depends on ow u handle d situation

A loving heart to heart talk will do

Op sounds like she wana rip off d little girl's head

Cant u feel d aggression in her posts
you really tried o. You are still on this? I know their type around here. Is this not same place where over 70% would support a DIL for slapping her MIL? There is a thread as far back as 2011/2012 and even say the MIL should pack out of her son's house.

Same place where people don't see anything wrong for DIL to not show love to her MIL after taken care of her before and after child birth?

So many and so many things crawl here I tell you.

Just hang around on a day where a thread would be created in which involves MIL and DIL and see venoms being spilled.

You would imaging the kind of hatred they have towards their MIL, a fellow woman like they of which they will grow old like her and their own children will eventually get married which they wouldn't want their DIL to treat them by same yardstick

4 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
I888:
you really tried o. You are still on this? I know their type around here. Is this not same place where over 70% would support a DIL for slapping her MIL? There is a thread as far back as 2011/2012 and even say the MIL should pack out of her son's house.

Same place where people don't see anything wrong for DIL to not show love to her MIL after taken care of her before and after child birth?

So many and so many things crawl here I tell you.

Just hang around on a day where a thread would be created in which involves MIL and DIL and see venoms being spilled.

You would imaging the kind of hatred they have towards their MIL, a fellow woman like they of which they will grow old like her and their own children will eventually get married which they wouldn't want their DIL to treat them by same yardstick

Oga e tire me sef

m happy with my kind of reason nd heart

Kids are kids nd will always love them whether i gave birth to them or not!

I really appreciate ur heart too smiley

3 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by babygirlfl: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:

As crazy as that sounds, I hope it's a 14 month old

I really hope so too.
Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by I888(m): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Timbuktou:
Nairaland women, some of the most unfeminine, selfish, brainless females life has to offer.

Look, veins2016, I understand it can be weird for you that this happens, but it's totally understandable your step-daughter would be like that. Perhaps, she had a close relationship with her father prior to his divorce and misses him. Perhaps, she used to sleep in his bed when he was still married to her mother and she misses that. Perhaps, her father is busy and that's the only time she thinks she can be with him, this is two days in a month we're talking about here.

You can handle this lovingly like you would like your own daughter to be treated if roles were reversed. No need to blow a gasket unless you suspect some hanky-panky. Good luck.
the kind of women that crawl here are some of the most selfish I have ever seen around

6 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
People forming hypocrisy as usual just because they believe in all mother's out there are wicked apart from there biological mother

4 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by crackhaus: 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:

Off course I gave all the sexual undertones
How many cases of paedophiles do we hear everyday? Especially from fathers to daughter's,
Why can't daddy create reasonable time to hangout with daughter and not in bed.

My husband will not even let out two year old spent a night in our own bed

I think you just saw STEP mum and run to conclusion
Reading the bold text makes me cringe, but I can understand how things we see and hear around us can influence how we think.

However, I did not just see step-mum and jump into conclusion. I saw step-mum and I understood that before every other reason, the girl being her step-daughter contributed immensely to the way she's reacting and handling the situation.

As for those of you who still can't let your own 14year old daughter sleep on your bed because of the sexual undertone you draw from it, then all I can say type is wow! Just wow!

8 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
So when should this overgrown baby be taught not to be sleeping with opposite sex(boys) while the family is making it OK for her to sleep with daddy
Is she OK though/normal/abnormal my own 9 year old is demanding her own room for privacy now.

Men supporting this might be perverts or potential perverts
Women supporting this are the ones acting holier than thou only to become wicked step mothers

In this Africa this is normal, c'mon now, unless it's a movie script

2 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by RiloKiley: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
crackhaus:

Reading the bold text makes me cringe, but I can understand how things we see and hear around us can influence how we think.

However, I did not just see step-mum and jump into conclusion. I saw step-mum and I understood that before every other reason, the girl being her step-daughter contributed immensely to the way she's reacting and handling the situation.

As for those of you who still can't let your own 14year old daughter sleep on your bed because of the sexual undertone you draw from it, then all I can say type is wow! Just wow!
I'm amazed as well!
Was all the jealousy and vexation all this while coming from a sexual point of view? Surely they dont think the man is sleeping with his daughter? On the same bed while she is there??

7 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by crackhaus: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
RiloKiley:

I'm amazed as well!
Was all the jealousy and vexation all this while coming from a sexual point of view? Surely they dont think the man is sleeping with his daughter? On the same bed while she is there??
If you ask me, na who I go ask? Chai... crycry

1 Like

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by RiloKiley: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
I888:
that's because there are too many bitter women in this section. This is just a tip of what crawls around here. Others are still in their cave and would be out like vampires at night.

Only a few are matured and reason from all angles before they make a post.
Hmm
Well maybe I should continue reading first. The lady has added some new info. I honestly didn't see anything wrong in the girl's action, and its not like she's there all the time.

1 Like

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by zeb04(f): 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
I don't understand how sleeping in a different room makes you less friendly and a bad step mum.

I slept in a different room and grew up as a normal child.

4 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by crackhaus: 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:
So when should this overgrown baby be taught not to be sleeping with opposite sex(boys) while the family is making it OK for her to sleep with daddy
Is she OK though/normal/abnormal my own 9 year old is demanding her own room for privacy now.

Men supporting this might be perverts or potential perverts
Women supporting this are the ones acting holier than thou only to become wicked step mothers

In this Africa this is normal, c'mon now, unless it's a movie script

5 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
veins2016:
my husband has been divorced for 5 years.we got married 2 yrs ago.his daughter visits once
or twice a month and stays for d weekend. d mum lives in d same city wit us. d problem is dat weneva his 14 yr old daughter comes,she prefers to sleep in our bed.we hav a 3 two bedroom apartment. we sleep in one room,d oda room is d guestroom.she came yesterd for d weekend.last nite at 2am and said she had stomach ache,afta stayimg with us for 20 mins,she said she felt beta but refusetd to go to her room,she stayed til d following morning.today she came to our room by 8pm and has refused to go to her room.i told my hband to go to d guestroom wit her since she claimed she was scared.does it m sense for a 14yr old to still want to sleep on our bed? she doesnt do dat to her mum.dey sleep in separe beds at home.

For how long has your step daughter been visiting you and this going on?
Have you had a chat with her about this?

The truth is that divorce damages kids
Girls are also close to their dads
She may also have been through a very traumatic time before, during and after the divorce which is affecting her now.

What you need to do is to reassure her and also be firm with her that she needs to sleep in her own room.
I dont beleive that she means any harm so dont see her that way
Pull her close to you and try and ensure that when she does come to visit she feels that she is home away from home.
You can spend time with her in her room and try and make her room as personal to her as possible
Go out shopping with her and let her choose her decor and furniture
if you can try and convert that room from a guest room to her personal room bearing in mind she will be there every fortnight.

6 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by I888(m): 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
RiloKiley:

Hmm
Well maybe I should continue reading first. The lady has added some new info. I honestly didn't see anything wrong in the girl's action, and its not like she's there all the time.
added new info to appear righteous incase this gets to front page I guess lol.

1 Like

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
zeb04:
I don't understand how sleeping in a different room makes you less friendly and a bad step mum.

I slept in a different room and grew up as a normal child.

I also had a step parent and slept in a different room, I never felt insecure or anything, and came out ok

Unless we are talking about a traumatized abnormal girl, maybe mentally deranged, insane or something, normal kids will just feel safe in the same house not necessarily same bed,

Maybe there are underlying issues we need to know off

2 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
I888:
added new info to appear righteous incase this gets to front page I guess lol.

The story now does not even make sense because poster has changed details, making all the responses null, tongue tongue

Well if she is sick, that is someway ok

If she is afraid she needs reassurance,
Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by zeb04(f): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:

I also had a step parent and slept in a different room, I never felt insecure or anything, and came out ok

Unless we are talking about a traumatized abnormal girl, maybe mentally deranged, insane or something, normal kids will just feel safe in the same house not necessarily same bed,

Maybe there are underlying issues we need to know off
maybe but what I can't understand is why sending her back to her room makes you a wicked step mum. this is something I can do to my child so why not my step child. well I don't beat myself for things that don't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
zeb04:
maybe but what I can't understand is why sending her back to her room makes you a wicked step mum. this is something I can do to my child so why not my step child. well I don't beat myself for things that don't make sense.

It is the mentality all mums out there are wicked apart from your biological mum, I don't know why they don't understand your step mum is your mum now when you are under her roof, and now you have two mums.

They are quick to brand the poor step mother wicked while my own husband refuses my two year old to sleep in our bed lol

3 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:
People forming hypocrisy as usual just because they believe in all mother's out there are wicked apart from there biological mother

But all fathers except yours are having sex with their teenage daughters na. Everyone is free to be biased just like you, unless youre saying daddy's got magic fingers then I can understand grin. Worst thing though, your interpretation of comments is far from what people are actually saying. Comprehesion seems to be a bìtch in 2016.

7 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by veins2016(f): 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
gosh. dia r no underlying issues. i surely cant be d only person married to a divorced man with kids who visit.i only posted to get d opinion of pple in d same situation with me. definately dia r days wen she upsets me and i upset her,jst like any mother and daughter,but we get along well and she's a sweet girl.dats all.ses nairalanders hate stepmums oh.all this bashing!
Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
Crackhaus, are you seeing what am saw? Most of our sisters here grew up fatherless. Now, I understand the root of bitterness and hatred for men in this section. Chai. Pity, pity.

5 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by cococandy(f): 7:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
It's only on NL that if you refuse to be senseless or pretentiously holy you're labeled wicked and bitter.
Then sister Mary holy nweje posters will gather around to use your posts to shine.
Ndi madam good hearts and lovers of children. grin
Those that have sense must hate children for refusing to be xtupid. We all know that a 14yr old boy who's mom remarried won't be looked upon so kindly for insisting to share a bed with his mom and step father.
But as the matter na step-mom matter, common sense will fly out the window.

OP good for you that you've resolved the issue.
Two years too late IMO but better late than never.
I'd have stopped it the first time she visited.

You know yourself. You know what you're uncomfortable doing. Don't let anyone make you feel like a bad person for putting your foot down.
If you know you'd do same were it your own child, there's no reason to be apologetic to anyone for holding the same stance when it's your step child.

Whatever you do anyway as long it's a step child someone will find something wrong with it. So that's kinda expected.

Just be firm like you would be with your own kids.
All the love and discipline that you'd give your kids, give them also to your step kids. Don't be the eager to please a step-child kind of step-mom without the balance of discipline.

If you are expected to love them like yours, you should also be expected to discipline them like yours.

Say no to eye service.

4 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
veins2016:
gosh. dia r no underlying issues. i surely cant be d only person married to a divorced man with kids who visit.i only posted to get d opinion of pple in d same situation with me. definately dia r days wen she upsets me and i upset her,jst like any mother and daughter,but we get along well and she's a sweet girl.dats all.ses nairalanders hate stepmums oh.all this bashing!

Madam, nairalanders don't hate stepmoms. I believe, as a loving mother you should have taken the important points and moved on. Don't let people with no relationship with their own fathers change your own good ways. Be firm but loving. Cikenan. I'm sure your husband trusts you judgement; but remember, you may have a heart of gold but so does a hard-boiled egg.

6 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

But all fathers except yours are having sex with the teenage daughters na. Everyone is free to be biased just like you, unless youre saying daddy's got magic fingers then I can understand grin. Worst thing though, your interpretation of comments is far from what people are actually saying. Comprehesion seems to be a bìtcb in 2016.
Apparently you are one of the nairaland people I don't engage in, in any kind of conversations deuces,

2 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by cococandy(f): 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:
If that was a step son would you have let him at 14 years sleep with mum and step father.
What happened to his bed. His own room
I don't think the father will be labeled a wicked or bitter step dad if he says no to that.
Figures

1 Like

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
crackhaus:

What is wowing you? Shouldn't rápe victims be more careful than the rest of the general population by virtue of experience alone?

5 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
veins2016:

Step mum just do what works for you, nobody should blame you, am only perturbed you changed details of the post right in the middle,

Anyway good luck

Ignore this anti step mums hypocrites who also form anti feminist 24 hours without even getting the concepts of an issue.
Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by nasha1(f): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
mtschewwwwwwww
Some people try so hard to be hard or sounds bad ass just to feel important.If you spent this much time offline maybe you will feel more valuable than u are.

2 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:

Apparently you are one of the nairaland people I don't engage in, in any kind of conversations deuces,

Engaging me or not is an irrelevant piece of information. I am satisfied to have my opinions registered while calling out what, to me, looks like bullshit. Cantabs.

8 Likes

Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by I888(m): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:

The story now does not even make sense because poster has changed details, making all the responses null, tongue tongue

Well if she is sick, that is someway ok

If she is afraid she needs reassurance,

well, she knows better already and I guess she has seen where is made a mistake. If this got to front page, she would be roasted alive lol.
Re: 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed by Miami11: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
cococandy:

I don't think the father will be labeled a wicked or bitter step dad if he says no to that.
Figures

Well said, I think when most of them saw the words STEP MOTHER they raised bulbs immediately already castigating the poor mom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"How I Have Lived Up To 126 Yrs Old" - Famous Nigerian Woman Shares Her Story / Educational Tablets For Kids, Wintouch K11 Kid Tablet Dual Sim, 10.1 Screen / Update On Wife’s Loose Vagina !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.