Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala (1055 Views)

Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Sammyashol(m): 5:27am On Jan 23, 2016
Popular pastor and public affairs
analyst, Femi Aribisala has
berated the act of collecting
tithes by their churches which he
believes is not biblical. As far as many pastors are
concerned, the most important
scripture of all is not to be found in the
word of Jesus. Neither is it even in the
New Testament. That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that
there may be food in my house,
and try me now in this,’ says the
LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open
for you the windows of heaven
and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be
room enough to receive
it.’” (Malachi 3:10). This scripture is drummed repeatedly
into Christians on Sundays. However,
the only time Jesus mentioned tithing
in scripture, he pointed out that it was
not a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23 ). AD: How To Get Visa To Anywhere In The World EASILY. CLICK HERE Hebrews says people only receive
tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5). It then insists tithing (and everything else under the
law) has been annulled: “The former
regulation is set aside because it was
weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19) . Nevertheless, mercenary pastors continue to insist on the
payment of tithes. Latter-day Pharisees Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for
keeping part instead of the whole law.
(Matthew 23:23). That is what tithe-
collecting pastors do today. If we
insist our congregants must pay tithes,
we must also insist that they keep the rest of the law. James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in
one point, he is guilty of
all.” (James 2:10). Therefore, if we insist on tithing, we should also refrain
from eating pork. We should stone
adulterers, execute homosexuals, kill
Sabbath violators and restore blood-
sacrifices. Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by
maintaining the payment of tithes pre-
dated the law. Here Abraham is cited
as the cardinal example of someone
who paid tithes before the
promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his grandson. However,
such arguments are disingenuous. Before the law, tithing was at best an
example but not a commandment.
Moreover, pastors fail to mention that
Abraham only tithed once in his
lifetime. When he did, he did not even
tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war. He gave ten percent of the plunder he
took when he rescued Lot to
Melchisedec, king of Salem. But then
he did not even keep the rest but
returned it (all ninety percent) to the
king of Sodom. For his part, Jacob also tithed only
once. He did this in a “let’s make a
deal” arrangement he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If
God will be with me, and keep me
in this way that I am going, and
give me bread to eat and clothing
to put on, so that I come back to
my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. And
this stone which I have set as a
pillar shall be God’s house, and of
all that you give me I will surely
give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis
28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting God
only under certain self-serving
conditions should certainly not be a
term of reference for any serious
believer. Lies upon lies The first lie pastors tell Christians is
what some have referred to as “the
eleventh commandment:” “Thou shalt
pay thy tithes to thy local church.” But
the bible says no such thing. The
storehouse of Malachi was not a church. It was a place where food was
kept. Pastors hide from church-members
the fact that money was not
acceptable as tithe. The tithe was a
tenth of the seed and fruit of the land
and of the animals which ate of the
land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be FOOD
in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.” The food was used to feed the Levites, the poor,
widows, orphans and strangers. Pastors also conveniently fail to teach
the biblical tithe. The principles of
tithing were not laid down by Malachi.
They were laid down by Moses. The
study of Moses’ guidelines quickly
reveals that the biblical tithe has no application whatsoever to Christians
and is mischievously violated by tithe-
collecting pastors today. According to the Law of Moses, the
tithe was divided into three allocations.
The first year, it was given to the
Levite. The second year, it was given
to widows, orphans and the poor. The
third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as
thanksgiving for his faithfulness.
(Deuteronomy 14:22-28). In the
seventh year, there was no planting
and no reaping and therefore no
tithing. So the next time your pastor asks you
to pay tithe, ask him about the
seventh-year reprieve. Also ask him if
you can give your tithe to the
orphanage, or bring it as food items to
be eaten in church. Believe me; he will not agree with you because it is your
money he is after. Inapplicability of Tithes Tithing was only applicable to Jews
and to the land of Israel. When large
populations of Jews lived in Babylon,
Ammon, Moab, Egypt, and Syria,
these lands became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were not acceptable
from strictly Gentile lands. So you
need to ask your pastor how come he
is collecting tithes in Nigeria. Servants or slaves who worked on the
land did not tithe because the land did
not belong to them. Since only
agricultural and animal resources were
included, a fisherman gave no tithe of
his fisheries. Neither did a miner or a carpenter pay
tithes, nor anyone from the various
professional occupations. So if you are
not a farmer or a keeper of livestock,
tell your 419 pastor tithing is biblically
inapplicable to you. Moreover, the only people authorised
to receive tithes were the Levites.
(Hebrews 7:5). So if your Pastor is a
“tithe-collector,” ask him if he happens
to be a Jew. Remind him that, even
though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the tithe because he was not from the
tribe of Levi but from that of Judah. The trick, of course, is for pastors
today to claim we are “Levites.” If your
pastor is one such dissembler, ask
him if he lives as a Levite. Remind him
that Levites had no land and did not
have private property. Ask him also how he knows he is from
the tribe of Levi, which happens to be
one of the lost tribes of Israel. Point
out to him that even Jewish rabbis
don’t claim to be Levites today
because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction
of the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that
it is no longer possible to ascertain the
true identity of Levites. Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe
because the Levites are a lost tribe,
how can Christian pastors collect
tithes when we are not even Jewish,
how much more Levites? If Jewish
rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no longer
collect tithes, then pastors who insist
Christians are under a New Testament
have no business doing so. The conclusion then is inescapable.
Every pastor who collects tithes is
nothing but “a thief and a
robber.” (John 10:1).

1 Like

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by AngryNigerian(m): 5:42am On Jan 23, 2016
Hmmm...in otherwords, are you saying that those that have been paying their tithes have been duped, & that tithe-collecting pastors are of the Lai-tribe?
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by fran6co(m): 5:43am On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Pheals(f): 5:46am On Jan 23, 2016
Do u read the bible @ all. Or it. Cover... Most of. Your verse are in the old testament. .. Even doin that time the levite enjoy. So in both testament I can prove to u .... While u should give... Or u just believed what you read without holy spirit interpretation

Only: it's not by foce and any man of God who is more interested in himself than the. Church that's the people or tha poor should be stone
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by EHMIR(m): 6:18am On Jan 23, 2016
Pheals:
Do u read the bible @ all. Or it. Cover... Most of. Your verse are in the old testament. .. Even doin that time the levite enjoy. So in both testament I can prove to u .... While u should give... Or u just believed what you read without holy spirit interpretation

Only: it's not by foce and any man of God who is more interested in himself than the. Church that's the people or tha poor should be stone
kaaai dis sister don pay tithe tayagrin

abeg where in d new testament where u asks u to pay tithe
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 23, 2016
This guy ain't no pastor...let him Pray for divine intervention

1 Like

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by ehinmowo: 6:30am On Jan 23, 2016
it's not my place to castigate anyone called pastor. but let he dt stands take heed lest he falls.

tithing is of d leviticus order, and Abraham paid tithes for his seed in his loin.
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Pheals(f): 6:44am On Jan 23, 2016
EHMIR:
kaaai dis sister don pay tithe tayagrin

abeg where in d new testament where u asks u to pay tithe
I give willing ... Don't normally drop in the box but u can give is not by force ... The old testament talk about paying tithe and the reason u should and God added a blessing to it... The new testament only talk about giving to God ministers
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Pheals(f): 6:53am On Jan 23, 2016
Op tell me the full meaning of tithe - it means 10% of what u earned.. Lack of knowledge.. So if u don't... Were u drag to do so? I could only support u if only u talk about pastors eating the dough in bad ways ... Was it only food the poor needs? The church needs financial support to grow
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by tempem: 6:54am On Jan 23, 2016
Pheals:

I sensed you've been duped.. Well, you owns the money you pay as tithe... Better re-read this with open mind.
. That guy said the plain truth....
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Pheals(f): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2016
tempem:

I sensed you've been duped.. Well, you owns the money you pay as tithe... Better re-read this with open mind.
. That guy said the plain truth....
cry does your pastor feed on your dough?
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by tempem: 7:04am On Jan 23, 2016
Pheals:
I give willing ... Don't normally drop in the box but u can give is not by force ... The old testament talk about paying tithe and the reason u should and God added a blessing to it... The new testament only talk about giving to God ministers
Then if you claim this.
Do you even drop the 10% of what you earned each month? Swear with your life!!
Since Levites are gone.. And reading the obvious over there, the bible wants anything you want to do to be "Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" - 2Corinthians 9:7
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by tempem: 7:08am On Jan 23, 2016
Pheals:
cry does your pastor feed on your dough?
grin grin grin grin
Big miss

..I don't tight, and till I'll die I'll never tight, so, you should be the one to change your course.
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Pheals(f): 7:43am On Jan 23, 2016
tempem:

Then if you claim this.
Do you even drop the 10% of what you earned each month? Swear with your life!!
Since Levites are gone.. And reading the obvious over there, the bible wants anything you want to do to be "Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" - 2Corinthians 9:7

kilode bro... I said I didn't usually drop am a student now i give cheerful ... I do according to my mind but not to give at all is bad
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Sammyashol(m): 7:56am On Jan 23, 2016
Pheals:
kilode bro... I said I didn't usually drop am a student now i give cheerful ... I do according to my mind but not to give at all is bad
For me the best way to pay your tithe is to give to the less priviledge, that's why you see the muslims pay saka as their tithe
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Ayt27(m): 8:02am On Jan 23, 2016
Just imagine if dangote was a Christian and he paid his tithes.
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by excellencyabia1: 8:08am On Jan 23, 2016
Watching
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Sammyashol(m): 8:15am On Jan 23, 2016
Ayt27:
Just imagine if dangote was a Christian and he paid his tithes.
Bro I no concur with dis ur point o, Mike Adenuga is a christian so imagine ow much his tithe will be
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Topgainer: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2016
There are no laws to giving as far as Christianity is concerned. All givings under the new covenant are termed offerings, given with cheerful heart and praise to God. There were no mention of any fixed charges by the Apostles, some gave nothing, some gave all depending on the needs of the Church(Individuals) who shared all things in common such that you don't come in among them and begin to notice the rich ones separated from the poor

There was nothing like seeds with the mindset of bribing God as is being taught these days. There were no compulsion, Ananias and Sapphira could as well not give at all and nobody will query them.

You are at liberty to decide what to give at any moment and to whom. Every honest offering/ giving whether 1% 5%10%15%20%100% has a clause of blessing attached to it not because a Bishop said so but because Jesus taught that.
Also there is no law that says the person who gave 100% will be more blessed than the person who gave 5% at the Church, God watches the heart and knows all the circumstances surrounding the giving, including giving outside the church buildings

And so don't be deceived and manipulated by man made gods

There is no need calling anybody a thief, with time some of these Pastors who are honest, with diligent study of the bible will see that 10% was not an 11th commandment neither from Jesus nor the Apostles to the Christians
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Meel: 10:21am On Jan 23, 2016
My people perish because they lack knowledge.
I can see some people, even saying the man is wrong, with all the biblical proof.
Give, but don't let one pastor to be doing you falafolo,
Even the church contributed money for apostle Paul. He never said 10% or it is compulsory.
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by tempem: 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pheals:

No vex, sis... wink
That's lovely, though.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Apostle Johnson Suleman Replies El Rufai, "Ask Me The Day Of Your Burial" / Breaking: Sultan Of Sokoto Says Fasting Continues Tomorrow / Breaking News!! This Country Is Visa Free For Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.