Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Misconceptions About Islam ! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Misconceptions About Islam ! (1782 Views)

Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam / 3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by littleb(m): 10:51pm On Jun 27, 2009
PurestBoy:

I dislike islam because they stole my lovely pairs of shoes my brother sent from UK when my friend borrowed it to mosque one Friday and came back with a bathroom slippers

Ask yourself; have you ever steal before? If yes, then you and the person that stole your shoe are equal!
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by noetic2: 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2009
littleb:

Ask yourself; have you ever steal before? If yes, then you and the person that stole your shoe are equal!

whats this supposed to mean?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by littleb(m): 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2009
noetic2:

whats this supposed to mean?

Ask your pastor, didn't you taught forgiveness?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by noetic2: 12:08am On Jun 28, 2009
littleb:

Ask your pastor, didn't you taught forgiveness?

This is laughable.

A person stated his experience, which I consider funny. so what EXACTLY are u going on about?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by sosisi(f): 12:20am On Jun 28, 2009
PurestBoy:

I dislike islam because they stole my lovely pairs of shoes my brother sent from UK when my friend borrowed it to mosque one Friday and came back with a bathroom slippers

LOL
A Muslim stole your slippers not Islam
This is hilarious.
Maybe it was Abuzola that stole them and gave allah thanks since he seems to be taking it personal
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by Fhad: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2009
Bro.
i will like to inform everybody in this trend that , it was not open either to abuse or insult anybody, Pls For Godshakes lets Desist from this act,
Though it is a public forum but stricly for Muslim ,

Pls can we discourse this again, As i read in KItab Taubat that there is 4 steps for repentance

1. sign of remorse
2.saying istigfar
3.Afirm not to go back to the sin
4. Attonment (Returning of once right)

Pls, here is my question, if anyone commit zina By rapping a lady at the time of ignorant
and after coming back to his sences , He now decide to repent and after after performing the 1 to 3 steps then what will he do as the 4 th steps provided he still see the lady around ?
And what of if cannot find her where about ?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by noetic2: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2009
Fhad:

Bro.
i will like to inform everybody in this trend that , it was not open either to abuse or insult anybody, Pls For Godshakes lets Desist from this act,

Pls can we discourse this again, As i read in KItab Taubat that there is 4 steps for repentance

1. sign of remorse
2.saying istigfar

Pls, here is my question, if anyone commit zina By rapping a lady at the time of ignorant
and after coming back to his sences , He now decide to repent and after after performing the 1 to 3 steps then what will he do as the 4 th steps provided he still see the lady around ?

He can only think of the steps above, if he was not caught in the first place. Because if truly he was caught, his d.ick, hands or whatever would be chopped off according to sharia law. So he has no room for genuine repentance, remorse or forgiveness.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by olabowale(m): 12:48am On Jun 29, 2009
Its not in every case that you can have the step #4, the return of right. Such a case is the sex by force! May Allah protect us from such an involvement/trial.

I am not a scholar, but I think doing works and financial contributions, even to the victim may be a way out of this. You can not take back the sexual disconduct. The best thing is to avoid such a failing, ever! No woman deserves to be raped or molested. There is no condition that calls for such a thing. As you have said before, it is ignorance, out of faith.

Ignorance and out of faith are the conditions to be avoided. May Allah protects us from them. Amin.

However, it is my opinion that one can know when a repentance is accepted by the fact that you dislike and hate the wrong that you used to commit. So much so that you avoid it and always aware of its sinfulness.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by olabowale(m): 12:52am On Jun 29, 2009
There is a saying: If you have no shame, do what you want! So many people have no shame and deficient of morality. They do what they want. Everything goes, always, in their case. No wonder you will see them fighting every rules of morality.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by Tudor6(f): 7:34am On Jun 29, 2009
You rape a woman,then you compensate by doing works and giving financial contributions to the victim, ha!. . . . Na wa oo! shocked shocked
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by olabowale(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2009
Iwo yi ma ya ode o. Are you blind to the part of my saying no woman deserves to be raped in any and all conditions? Oo to kobo o si lenu e.

If you are this dishonest, what shall we expect from you?

Now tell us, if a man comes to you and said that he raped a woman 2 yeas ago and he never felt good about it. He realised now that it is a wrong thing which should never ave happened. He now lives in Seychelles, while the incident happened in Nigeria. e wants you to advise him how he can resole this burning agony in his heart. What will be your advise, since you can't tell him o turn himself in to Seychelles authority who have no jursidiction on the case anyhow?

Furter, he is now a man who is changed, the very reason he is seeking some wsdom from you. He has a family now, with a good job or a lucrative career and can afford some times to do good and finance some community projects. What will be your answer, stella quality man without any blemish?

I hope you have some wisdom in you, because again, you will be disappointing me.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by Tudor6(f): 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2009
If he feels so bad and wants to atone, he should fly back to nigeria and confess to the damn police!
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by sosisi(f): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2009
Fhad:

Bro.

1. sign of remorse
2.saying istigfar

Well the 4th step is that you surrender yourself to the nearest sharia for your allah prescribed punishment of stoning you to death while allahu akhbar is chanted by the onlookers.
Without that any prayers you pray from now on will end at Onitsha.
No be East you dey face? grin
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by olabowale(m): 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2009
@$Osisi: He lives in England. He still faces Onitsha? He lives in Houston, Texas. He still ends in Onitsha? He lives in China. Is Onitsha still in play? And my friend, I see you displaying Jesus' dove like quality! Or is the days of humanitarian doctors gone in America? We know that was ended in Nigeria's '73, '74, there!
Re: Misconceptions About Islam ! by Tudor6(f): 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2009
Haven't you heard of prayers blown away by strong winds from the east? Wherever he faces wind go scatter im rapist prayers to onitsha. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Allah Also The God Of Israel? / Happy New Year Of Islamic Calendar 1435 A.h / Worth Reading Even If You Are Not A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.