Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church (19156 Views)

Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) / According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? / Muslim Woman In Kaduna Donates Bible To Pastor, Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by easrael(f): 10:38am On Jan 24, 2016
I know that we all love to use our phones everywhere we go and for some of us, we have found an excuse to take the device to church: e-Bible.

I use a TECNO L5 mobile smartphone and as much as I can be called an heavy user of my phone because it lasts long, I have ensured the phone doesn't go with me to church and here's the scriptural reason!

Habakkuk 2:20King James Version (KJV)

20 But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

The day I had a spiritual understanding of this verse was when I changed my mind about this act.

God wants silence in his presence thereby all agents or appearances of distraction must be kept at bay.

I pray that as we read this, the Holy Spirit would teach is more about it.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Yorubago(f): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2016
Space

Ftc

*modified*

I'm in church typing this, I'll be right back. I hope lalasticlala can see this too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by boboLIL(m): 10:41am On Jan 24, 2016
Anytin dah its nt Holy Bible is not Bible.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by boboLIL(m): 10:42am On Jan 24, 2016
Yorubago:
Space

Ftc

*modified*

I'm in church typing this, I'll be right back. I hope lalasticlala can see this too
may God have mercy on you
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by menesheh(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2016
boboLIL:
may God have mercy on you

cool
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Oladipupo22: 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks Op

All these end time children will not just listen... The Bible calls them hard hearted!

Meanwhile, why are you addicted to your phone Op? That may be a sin too

Shows we all have stuffs we should work on

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by busybeei5(f): 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Oladipupo22:
Thanks Op

All these end time children will not just listen... The Bible calls them hard hearted!

Meanwhile, why are you addicted to your phone Op? That may be a sin too

Shows we all have stuffs we should work on

i just dey look u and OP with "corner-eye"

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Oladipupo22: 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
busybeei5:

i just dey look u and OP with "corner-eye"

Why
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by busybeei5(f): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Oladipupo22:

Why

easreal

Oladipupo22
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Oladipupo22: 2:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
busybeei5:

easreal

Oladipupo22

Huh
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Yorubago(f): 10:09am On Jan 31, 2016
Yorubago:
Space

Ftc

*modified*

I am reacting this thread by the powers bestowed upon me

How many LIKES for my God

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Yommisam: 10:28am On Jan 31, 2016
We all know you cannot cast out demons with a phone Bible. Thats why I dislike it totally

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by brunofarad(m): 10:28am On Jan 31, 2016
Where is my guy pyro

Harken to this
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by ritababe(f): 10:28am On Jan 31, 2016
so far the phone is on airplane mode no problemo for me..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by kennyman2000(m): 10:28am On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by adonbilivit: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2016
won't be surprised if u typed this in church
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by InstaFemiblog: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2016
Ever noticed how the 3G in church is usually Fast That's why I hate my phone Bible cos I always end up at Xvideos.com in church

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Timoleon(m): 10:29am On Jan 31, 2016
@op How does this justify your topic though? if i were to have my phone on airplane mode as a sign of respect for the presence of God and use the Bible on the phone to follow the preachings, how does your claim nullify my act?

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2016
Yorubago:
Space

Ftc

*modified*

Your sin are forgiven,
Oya go and sin no more!
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by axiliborha(f): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2016
I support
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 31, 2016
<i>No comment</i>
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by NairaExam690(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2016
Na so
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by SincereBigot: 10:31am On Jan 31, 2016
myopic..

do you know that the bible were originally scrolls? ok you dont, now go to church with ur scrolls or u are a hypocrite.

secondly the world is advancing, I could recall how popular letters were back in the days and now we have the electronic mail, are u complaining about that?

my point is, there will be a time where the world would be so digitised and there wont be need for paper or books and everything might just have to be on ur phone or pc. the world is changing, so change with it.. the word of God will never change, whether in a scroll, bible, or phone

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by magicfingers009: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2016
TOTAL RUBBISH!

Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to." The potency of God's Word is when it is in your mouth. Not on some paper or phone or any medium. For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword; Please note that it is NOT the bible but the Word of God.

Some of you have been deceived growing up that when the devil attacks, you would use your bible to hit him on the head, it won't work. Study to show thy self approved onto God. The word of God should be on your lips and in your heart (guard thy heart; for out of it flows the issues of life). Only when the Word is in the inside of you, that is when you can wage proper spiritual warfare.

Whether phone bible or hard cover bible, the potency of the Word of God is when its in your heart and flows through your lips

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by topearos(m): 10:32am On Jan 31, 2016
I will soon abide.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2016
easrael:
I know that we all love to use our phones everywhere we go and for some of us, we have found an excuse to take the device to church: e-Bible.

I use a TECNO L5 mobile smartphone and as much as I can be called an heavy user of my phone because it lasts long, I have ensured the phone doesn't go with me to church and here's the scriptural reason!

Habakkuk 2:20King James Version (KJV)

20 But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

The day I had a spiritual understanding of this verse was when I changed my mind about this act.

God wants silence in his presence thereby all agents or appearances of distraction must be kept at bay.

I pray that as we read this, the Holy Spirit would teach is more about it.

But how does a phone on silent even though it not even on silent how does it affect what we read (bible)
Were in the bible did God tell us this .. Why u guys see something in blk and white n say red ??
That script u quoted has nothing to do with phones ..
God does not give condition.. U can pray and worship him anywhere in any circumstance .. There is no right place or way to go to church ..

Just b leading ppl astray .. Some ppl use the phone bible n most will make it to heaven than u guys doing extra wey God no send .. Be judging everything . If the bible was written in the 21 century then yes but things that didnt exist una go find one verse manipulate am to suit ur agenda .. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by winner01(m): 10:32am On Jan 31, 2016
okay
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by misspicy(f): 10:33am On Jan 31, 2016
I was bothered about this same question and opened a thread on it
www.nairaland.com/2784433/it-proper-take-phones-church
but couldn't get satisfactory replies
Now this thread is still not explanatory enough

can someone with a deep knowledge about this enlighten me? my spirit man is disturbed
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by hertheytheydgee(m): 10:33am On Jan 31, 2016
Where is it stated that you should go to church? Before determining the issue of silence
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by pendusky(m): 10:34am On Jan 31, 2016
Just This morning I was late, I ran to ATM to make withdrawal before heading to church!

I made it just before the pastor head to the podium, I discovered that I forgot a pen, I was the last on the row, the guy by my side won't let his pen a sec as he was writing as if he was a journalist ,

I discovered my Android is everything, I quickly enter Play stores and downloaded One of the Note pad, I was cool cheesy

Heard some Words I never heard before?

I jump into my dictionary!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Please What Does The Bible Mean By "vain Repititions" Matthew 6:7? / Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.