Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data (45591 Views)

These 10 Things Are DRAINING Your Phone Battery, And You Had No Idea (MUST SEE) / How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively / How Many Hours Does Your Phone Lasts On Heavy Usage And What Is Your Battery Mah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Bravoe(m): 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thank God my Palmchat is exempted. Rocking my Palmchat 5.1.22 like kilode....
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by iamclime(m): 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
HAD TO UNINSTALL FACEBOOK SEVERAL TIMES. I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO INSTALL IT AGAIN. IT'S BETTER TO GO THROUGH MY BROWSER WHENEVER I NEED TO USE IT.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by slimchimex(m): 12:31am On Jan 25, 2016
Just switch to windows phone.. And your phone battery life will never remain the same
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Lexusgs430: 12:37am On Jan 25, 2016
iamclime:
HAD TO UNINSTALL FACEBOOK SEVERAL TIMES. I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO INSTALL IT AGAIN. IT'S BETTER TO GO THROUGH MY BROWSER WHENEVER I NEED TO USE IT.

Download Folio
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Gkemz: 1:50am On Jan 25, 2016
In addition to that, other app services that drains the battery quickly includes:
Google map/ GPS Location
3D High definition games such as PES, FIFA, NFS, Grand Theft Auto, Commando among others.
Psiphon and Simple server which must run for one to access the internet (for cheat gurus)
Twitter, Instagram, Email, etc.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by OutOnBail(m): 5:50am On Jan 25, 2016
To save more juice, just install xposed framework and download these two modules "Deep sleep(DS) battery saver and "Amplify(buy full version". This will save u lots of juice.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by JaneKenedy: 7:40am On Jan 25, 2016
But one can restrict the background access. So that they only run when u open it and doesn't run on background. Try it, u would be surprised at the result. Just that it doesnt solve the storage draining problem
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by KAYSANTOS: 8:06am On Jan 25, 2016
Segadem:
mtcheeeeew, the list is not complete without psiphon

this app no dhey drain battery alone but dries it.
Difference between drain and dry?
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Fantacy1(m): 8:07am On Jan 25, 2016
Then ur post is as good as nothing if it can't point out any remedy/solution even if not uninstalling the apps. BATERY DRAINING POST
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Segadem(m): 8:18am On Jan 25, 2016
KAYSANTOS:
Difference between drain and dry?
I'm coming,let me ask my pikin!
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by chiefobdk(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2016
AdmiralDru:
I knew Facebook would top the list.

download Facebook lite. tank me later

it's also official from Facebook but consume less data and battery
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Chookym(m): 9:01am On Jan 25, 2016
chiefobdk:

download Facebook lite. tank me later
it's also official from Facebook but consume less data and battery

facebooklite is what I use. it consumes very little mb compared to facebook. Guys search for it on playstore and download
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by teejaypee: 9:09am On Jan 25, 2016
jericco1:
My problem is that Facebook app.
download Facebook lite.... thank me later
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 25, 2016
abumeinben:
Well as tech crude as I am, I only have WhatsApp, bbm, chrome browser on the list.

I uninstalled most apps, esp Facebook, due to privacy sniffing.

Though WhatsApp and bbm do it, that Facebook own too much.

Why don't u be accessing fb tru the web
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 25, 2016
Someone should send a copy to http://awomkenneth.com/ to post about it
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by tintedniggz(m): 9:57am On Jan 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Folio is better, my summation.
Is it on playstore?
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Lexusgs430: 10:22am On Jan 25, 2016
tintedniggz:

Is it on playstore?

Yes
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by callydon(m): 11:23am On Jan 25, 2016
What's this folio all abt
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by giftedben: 11:30am On Jan 25, 2016
jericco1:
use facebook lite app
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Franky826: 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2016
callydon:

Yeah, dt app can drain battery, hug RAM and Swallow ur data too.

well uninstall it, download operamini version7.6.4 and use it to access your Facebook. problem solved I think so
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by eromspete(m): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2016
shocked Tinder isn't a gay app.

blessedqueen:
Sorry... Who uses tinder?

Gay things
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Lexusgs430: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2016
callydon:
What's this folio all abt

Check it out at the playstore. And Folios unlock key is free for a limited period.
Its a Facebook wrapper!!!
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by kesses: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
the app can drain data for africa
holluwai:
Instagram is a killer!!!!

But I can't delete the app still tongue

1 Like

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by abumeinben(m): 5:02pm On Jan 25, 2016
danjumakolo:

Why don't u be accessing fb tru the web

Did you read and understand what you quoted?
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by daphid25(m): 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
Beht which app no dey drain battery?
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by callydon(m): 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2016
All apps do drain battery BUT d level of drainage get levels Oooohhhhh...
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
abumeinben:

Did you read and understand what you quoted?

Someone said Facebook app drains battery.
I replied by saying he shud uninstall the app.Then always access Facebook tru the browser which will not bring down the battery.

Is anything wrong here?...fb means Facebook if that's what u asking
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by DavidTheGeek: 10:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
jericco1:

Make use of Facebook Lite instead. It doesn't consume much ram, and it doesn't really drain battery.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by jericco1(m): 2:52am On Jan 27, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Make use of Facebook Lite instead. It doesn't consume much ram, and it doesn't really drain battery.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TECNO Takes A Jab At Apple In A Cryptic Post (Photo) / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls / Mark Zuckerberg's Epic Response To Darlene Loretto, A Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.