Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen (23250 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Shimba In Adamawa By 12 Midnight. Burn Houses / Corpse Of Policeman Killed In Numan, Adamawa By Fulani Herdsmen (Graphic) / Vigilante Men Arrest Fulani Gunmen With Weapons Going To Delta From Taraba(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by tankoy: 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Gunmen have attacked five villages in Girei Local Government of Adamawa State.
Although there has been no official report of the number of casualties involved, residents of the area say that about 15 people might have been killed.
Security operatives have since been sent to the area.
Eyewitness accounts say that about 300 people suspected to be herdsmen carried out the attack.

Details unfolding....

The Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in charge of Vunokilang Police Station in Girei Local Government Area of Adamawa State was among the 30 people killed in an attack by suspected Fulani herdsmen on Sunday morning .

Reports from the area revealed that the suspected herdsmen raided four villages: Demsare, Wunamokoh, Dikajam and Taboungo in what is believed to be a vengeance mission over an existing feud with farmers in the area.

Several houses and other property in the villages were also burnt in the attack.

The DPO, Okozie Okereofor, a Chief Superintendent of Police, who was deployed to the state about two months ago, was said to have been ambushed when he was leading police officers to the disputed area. He was killed in the eventual shootout with his assailants.

The corpse of the slain police officer and the others killed is currently deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre, Yola.

The Police in Adamawa have confirmed the killing of Mr. Okereofor.

“The DPO and his team were attacked while on official duty in the affected villages where he was killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen,” the spokesperson of the Adamawa State Police Command, Othman Abubakar, said.

“Report at my disposal indicated that the attackers looted foodstuff and livestock of the villagers before setting the villages ablaze.

“The suspected Fulani herdsmen raided four villages in Girei local Government area on Sunday morning around 5:30 a.m. killing scores including the late DPO.”

When a PREMIUM TIMES reporter and other journalists visited the Federal Medical Centre on Sunday, some of the survivors of the attack were seen receiving treatment.

However, a nurse on duty said the management of the hospital issued a directive that no journalist should be allowed into the wards.

Commenting on the attack, the Acting Brigade Commander of the 23 Armored Bridgade, Yola, Aba Poopola, confirmed that the Fulani herdsmen had problems with the affected areas.

He said “everything is under control” as he has deployed his officers to the area to maintain law and order.

The attack is different from the Boko Haram terrorist attacks in Adamawa and other north-eastern states that have caused the death of about 25,000 people since it began in 2010.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/197299-nigeria-police-dpo-29-others-killed-in-herdsmen-vs-farmers-clash.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by viviangist3: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
cry
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by tankoy: 6:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
tankoy:
Gunmen have attacked five villages in Girei Local Government of Adamawa State.
Although there has been no official report of the number of casualties involved, residents of the area say that about 15 people might have been killed.
Security operatives have since been sent to the area.
Eyewitness accounts say that about 300 people suspected to be herdsmen carried out the attack.

Details unfolding....

an eye witness counted 39 bodies. No roof stands in the three villages attacked.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by fancynana(f): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sometimes I wonder why all these evil, life holds no meaning to people anymore. Today it's herds men tomorrow it's terrorist next tomorrow it's military. When are we going to stop this senseless act and embrace love.
Sometimes when I see the title of an article, I just don't bother opening it. Too much hate in the world.

Please visit kleeqers.com

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by PearlStreet(m): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'm a Buhari fan, but not a blind bigoted dunce. I expect PMB to declare decisive military action on these fulani nomadic terrorists with the same speed he declared war on ND miscreants and IPOB clowns.

What is good for Okeke is also good for Okafor.

Shikena!

170 Likes 18 Shares

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by MrAligator: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'll bet 10,000 naira that buhari and lia mohammed will never say anything concerning this irrespective of the fact that fulani herdsmen has been named among 10 most dangerous terrorist groups in the world.silent Jihad

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by darepoju(m): 11:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
hmmmmm... God have mercy...

my signature
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by engrkaz(m): 11:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Again?
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by masky101(m): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
angry
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by willywasco(m): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
MAY God help us
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by cutetopsey(f): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Father, help us in this country! We need your divine intervention.

BTW check My signature on how to get rid excess ugly fats
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by grandstar(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
fancynana:
A
A for Apple

4 Likes

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by JaypeeAnics(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
there was once a man who looked for power by all means for over 20 years and on the 24th year he got what he wanted-POWER....
and after getting the power what did he do?
he did nothing meaningful with it, but only to witch hunt, travel, make promises, tell Lie's tru lienus and flex.....his name is ?.....

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by ultrazone(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sad
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by osumak2: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
God help us all
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by totorimi: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
they should call them what they are Boko haram, since when did Fulani herdsmen start attacking the north.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by okeke00(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
v
Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by sotall(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
k

1 Like

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by okeke00(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
northern nigerians. bunch of uncivilised humans

11 Likes

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
It's high time PMB visits this fulani issue,I guess they are the new face of boko haram

10 Likes

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by julioralph(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

President BokoBuhari should kindly call his kinsmen to order .....

angry angry angry

15 Likes

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by Goahead(m): 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
Isn't the f**king 'change' nosediving

7 Likes

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by Meringe(m): 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
The Primary Target :Okezie Okoroafor!!!

Collateral damage : villagers

Reason: you know it.

17 Likes

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by sarutobie(m): 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
I've never seen a people so timid against the truth as nigerians! The watered down press calls them 'herdsmen' really? herdsmen with enough ammunition to take out communities and security personnel?? these guys are boko haram footsoldiers through and through! geez one does not need the brains of an Einstein to figure this out.

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by BlackOyinbo: 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lol.. new Boko haram. Whether they are called herdsmen or Boko Haram, the result is still the same. I think nomadic herding should be banned in nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
PearlStreet:
I'm a Buhari fan, but not a blind bigoted dunce. I expect PMB to declare decisive military action on these fulani nomadic terrorists with the same speed he declared war on ND miscreants and IPOB clowns.

What is good for Okeke is also good for Okafor.

Shikena!
grin grin..which kin okeke and okafor wahal be this.

1 Like

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by JaypeeAnics(m): 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Have u guys noticed it?
b4 and during d election buhari always talks to we the citizens.... but after d election, he can't or doesn't or hardly address us.....during fuel subsidy, shiitis, rivers, kogi election and etc.....d man jus dey use our votes dey flex....
CHANGE

30 Likes

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by bright007(f): 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ever since Buhary became Nigeria's president, his brothers in faith and culture have gone rampant with their violence and unabated killings.

Meanwhile, another of buhary's dictatorial executive arm popularly called the DSS ( Duara security service) have thrown caution to the wind in discharging their masters command of silencing those in the opposition.

With the regressive step the country is taking politically and economically, Nigeria will sieze to exist even before 2019.

What we are currently experiencing in this failed country is what you get when a man without direction, vision and secondary school certificate gets to power after 12 years of deceitful yearning for the post.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by banmee(m): 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
How is 15 a score? School good oooooo.

1 Like

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by JaypeeAnics(m): 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
hardly will a good news come from north..... we don suffer for dem hands......Aboki can only kill but not create.

16 Likes

Re: DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen by nwakibie3(m): 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
When they raided anambra APC zombies here said it was a lie that no one has the evidence thay committed the act; now in adamawa. Let me just sit and watch how APC zombies will defend them again

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Friend Of Nigerian Man Caught With Drugs In Philippines Blames Nigerian Govt / Female Accountant Runs With Employer’s N747,400 In Lagos / Man Shot And Hacked To Death By Cultists In Renewed Gang War In Calabar. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.