Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,967 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy (980 Views)

Fayemi Denies Attacking Bola Tinubu, Says He Can Never Speak Ill Of Tinubu. / Nigerians Blast Fayose For Saying "Send Buahri Back To Daura Or Expect More Blun / "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by quotequote: 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has urged Nigerians to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari for the present administration to revatalise the economy.
He disclosed this when he answered questions from newsmen on alternatives to the dwindling oil sector in the country at the Government House, Ibadan, after he paid a condolence visit to the family of the late Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade I.
According to him, “We are not the only country affected, it is universal. We have to manage ourselves, challenge ourselves, and be more creative in a way that will not affect the welfare of the people, because the government is about the people.
“We should also be innovative and develop our economy in such a way that will show the leadership position that we always espouse in Africa. Now and years back we have been talking about diversification of the oil sector but we never implemented it.
“There are so many ways to revitalise this economy. It is not as bad as people make it appear. The past is nauseating and there has never been a principle of good governance. We have to support and encourage this present administration in its struggle against [the Boko Haram]insurgency, because if you do not clear terrorism, foreign investors will not come in.
“We also need to support the present administration to fight kidnapping of expatriates and many of our citizens. Nigerians also need to be patient for the present administration to revatalise the economy. ”
Speaking on the continued influx of politicians into APC from other political parties, he said the development does not portend great danger for the ruling party.
He explained that APC would not discriminate against anybody who wishes to join the party, adding that the party believes in freedom of movement and association.
He was optimistic that the mass defection into the party would further strengthen APC, saying “the more the merrier. The more the better, and the more the party will become stronger when other members of a political party joins.
“Human being must be able to associate and join any political parties he or she wants, so you cannot stop them, or discriminate against them. If any member of a party is coming into APC and he is discriminated against, it will be unfair.
“A good political party must be tolerant, accommodating to any member of a party coming into APC as long as they do not import corruption, and injustice into our party. It is very necessary for us to be tolerant and that is why APC is welcoming them into the party and we shall not discriminate against them.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/tunubu-says-to-be-patient-with-buahri-over-state-of-economy/

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by KanwuliaJara: 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
Change is SLOW to come for sure! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
By May 2018, d change will be clear and positive
Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Was he ever patient with Jonathan

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by EdCure: 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
SmartChoices:
Jonathan never gave a damn. He is on record for saying that.

When you see a reckless man (like Jona), take actions to stop or correct him.
Your patience will only give him more time to cause chaos, create crisis and mess the whole place up.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by peacengine(m): 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
They were never patient with GEJ!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by CharlyNick: 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
He's just taken his own share of the cake.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Rose2014: 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
tuale4u:
By May 2018, d change will be clear and positive
Wayo grin
First you said two months is too small, we should give you 6months, after 6months, you said we'll start to see change by the time they do their own budget. No problem
When you first saw the budget, you defended it and said we should expect change in 2016. Now that you've seen that the long awaited budget has started disappearing and appearing, you've moved it to 2018

My brother I no envy you at all, defending APC and their promises no be moi moi grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Bigprozzie: 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Rose2014:

Them program you ni? grin
First you said two months is too small, we should give you 6months, after 6months, you said we should start to expect to see change by the time they do their own budget. When you first saw the budget, you defended it and said we should expect change in 2016. When u saw that the budget started disappearing and appearing, you've moved it to 2018

My brother I no envy you at all, defending APC and their promises no be moi moi grin

Rose you don forget your images?

Whats happening?

grin grin grin grin

IPOB Youths dem
Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Bigprozzie: 9:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
SmartChoices:

Jona.daft had 5 years to create change but he spent the time embezzling public funds to ensure his ogogoro addiction

Bubu has not spent one year

It will take time correct decades of errors

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Rose2014: 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
Bigprozzie:

Rose you don forget your images?

Whats happening?

grin grin grin grin

IPOB Youths dem

Firstly, any one that asks for accountability from this govt is IPOB. Cardinal Okojie must be IPOB too.
Secondly Wetin concern this thread with IPOB?

Pls stay on topic, Nigerians are looking for change. And I don't have enough wailers form to accommodate all. That's the koko right now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Emekamex(m): 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Crap. So we should all die of hunger waiting for Buhari to revamp the economy.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by HiddenShadow: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yoruba elders Afenifere OPC and Kings would be mocking Tinubu and Yoruba youths for not listening to them not to vote a leopard in sheep clothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by suxkill: 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
This massage is meant for the zombies!

The 2016 budget proposal has said it all.

APC is a scam!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Bigprozzie: 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
Rose2014:

Firstly, any one that asks for accountability from this govt is IPOB. Cardinal Okojie must be IPOB too.
Secondly Wetin concern this thread with IPOB?

Pls stay on topic, Nigerians are looking for change. And I don't have enough wailers form to accommodate all. That's the koko right now

Spare me the story

You are well known IPOB youth grin grin grin

Any new busting projects since you have a lot of time on your idle hands

Ipob youth
Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
EdCure:

Jonathan never gave a damn. He is on record for saying that.

When you see a reckless man (like Jona), take actions to stop or correct him.
Your patience will only give him more time to cause chaos, create crisis and mess the whole place up.
He said that in a context

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Bigprozzie:

Jona.daft had 5 years to create change but he spent the time embezzling public funds to ensure his ogogoro addiction

Bubu has not spent one year

It will take time correct decades of errors

Lies from the pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by grandstar(m): 10:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
A new maths teacher starts by teaching your son that 1+1= 4. Do you need to give him time to access him?

Buharis policies from the start were bad like the exclusion of 41 items from CBN forex window.

The delisting of Nigeria by JP Morgan was telling.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Says To Be Patient With Buahri Over State Of Economy by Rose2014: 1:15am On Jan 25, 2016
Bigprozzie:

Spare me the story

You are well known IPOB youth grin grin grin

Any new busting projects since you have a lot of time on your idle hands

Ipob youth

My dear if I still come across any Yoruba on nl claiming Igbo just to be mischievous and cause disunity among brothers here on nl, I'll continue to bust them like I've done in my threads. We should all be true to our origin and not claiming Igbo when you're Yoruba or vice versa. Once u start claiming another man's origin, be sure u do it well cos once I see two contradicting comments about your origin cheesy, I'll surely point it out. And if you're one of the people I've called out before, I'm sorry. Just don't do again lipsrsealed
Back to topic: Demanding accountability from one's govt must now be equated to IPOB.
I also heard Cardinal Okogie is iPod too shocked shocked

However if calling me IPOB and derailing this thread makes you feel better about the state of our economy , I don't want to spoil your fun sweetheart

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe Replies APC Nat. Chairman On Probe Of Supreme Court Judges / Guess Who Buhari Will Blame Next Week, Win #1000 Recharge Card / Confirmed Abuja Blockage: Terror Chief Buratai Threatens To Sue Newsrescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.