Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre (26372 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2016

The Federal Government, weekend, hiked the price of Household Kerosene (HHK) also known as kerosene, to N83 per litre from N50 per litre, thereby, officially ending subsidy on the product. ‎

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA‎, in its product pricing template released over the weekend, however, stated that the N83 per litre price applies only to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), meaning that other petrol stations and dealers can sell higher than the stipulated amount.

Curiously, the hike in the price of kerosene was coming at a time when the price of crude oil had dropped to record low, with the price of petroleum products, such as kerosene, fuel and diesel, among others, dropping significantly in a number of countries, like the United States‎.

This also brings to question, the recent reduction in the price of Premium Motor Spirit, announced by the Federal Government and which commenced at the beginning of the year.

Again, the PPPRA's template also showed that at N83 per litre, the Federal Government is making a gain of N10.72 for every litre, as it puts the Expected Open Market Price, which is the Landing Cost plus Total Margins at N72.28 per litre. The expected open market price is the prevailing open market rate for the productin Nigeria, after taking certain costs into consideration.

Giving a breakdown of the price, the PPPRA template put the Landing Cost of ‎the product at N57.98 per litre, while the total margin due‎ middlemen was put at N14.30.

Further breakdown of the Total Margins showed that retailers margin was put at N5per litre; Transporters - N3.05 per litre; Dealers - N1.95 per litre; Bridging fund - N5.85 per litre; Marine Transport Average - N0.15 and Admin‎ Charges - N0.15.

The PPPRA further put official ex-depot price, which is the price depot owners would sell at marketers, at N68.70 per litre, official ex-depot price for collection - N73 per litre, while ex-coastal price - N68.02 per litre.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/fg-ends-kerosene-subsidy-hikes-price-to-n83-per-litre/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Akkord4gov: 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
I don't have problem with removal of subsidy,what I have problem with is the benefit that will come after the hardship. In a sane country,removal of subsidy from a sector will bring development to not one but numerous other sectors

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by peacengine(m): 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
More woes for the common man.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Jusmudi(m): 9:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Moni nr dey, kerosene moni dey increase. Shio Wetin dis govt don do, fight corruption, fight corruption man nr get work, fight corruption, fight corruption, Lassa disease dey kill many pipo, fight corruption, fight corruption, workers dey loose dia job, na so so corruption u go fight we go end up in 2019

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
Better when it was subsidised (suppose N50) they sold it above N250 so who is fooling who.

Great development

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by AngryNigerian(m): 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
My mum has been buying kerosine @ #105-#120, so how would this news be helpful

We are in perilous times, honestly! However, wetin concern #Agbero with #Overload? I still get gas for a far cheaper price, just hoping that Tompolo wouldn't go ahead with his threat!

It has been #Angry#Nigerian

...and I'm just here to #SayMyMind

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Femsyn(m): 9:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Awesome development. Another way to block unnecessary leakages.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
AngryNigerian:
My mum has been buying kerosine @ #105-#120, so how would this news be helpful

We are in perilous times, honestly! However, wetin concern #Agbero with #Overload? I still get gas for a far cheaper price, just hoping that Tompolo wouldn't go ahead with his threat!

It has been #Angry#Nigerian

...and I'm just here to #SayMyMind
if you were truly buying it for that price, it means you should get ready for approximately 210 per litre now.

Its time to start using fire woods grin

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by STARGREEN(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
End subsidy on fuel, end subsidy on kero, hope this isn't End time government?

22 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by AngryNigerian(m): 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
blueto:

if you were truly buying it for that price, it means you should get ready for approximately 210 per litre now.

Its time to start using fire woods grin

No...will get ready to invest in mini-gas station soon, & get a gas cylinder for mumsy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by LRNZH(m): 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Great news. Another way to break up this cabal.

Fire on Baba.

26 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
There was never a subsidy on it. it has been 550 a gallon since time imo river

4 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Mynd44: 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by fulfillbill(m): 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
#chai

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by seunselGic: 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
I think it's a good one

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Junki04(m): 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
my mom sells and she's been buying for over N100 since like forever, doesn't change nothing
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by LordAdam: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Good one. I can authoritatively say that the N50 kerosene subsidy scam has been just as rewarding if not more than the petrol subsidy. Every non-NNPC station sold Kerosene for above N50 all these years since that subsidy was introduced.

I am a vocal pro-GEJ proponent and also a Nigerian. All good policies must be appreciated irrespective of the administration.

For all those whining about the effect on the common man. If the "common man" did not bother about buying a liter for over N100 when the government subsidized price was N50, then he should either shell out the cash or go F**K himself now that the subsidy has been removed and price is at N87.

-Lord

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by holluwai(m): 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmm is this good news?
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by yuskel(m): 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
It's a welcome development, all this subsidy must go,
We are too fraudulent to manage any subsidize initiative from the government. angry

7 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Tolux17: 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Add 33Naira to the price Kerosene and remove 50kobo from PMS... This is real CHANGE. Lol..

10 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by grandstar(m): 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
The price here is based on 197 to $1.

If the currency is devalued to its true rate of between 230-250, the so called margins to the government will disappear

The governmemt will have no choice but to resume subsidising. Its best to fully deregulate the price as it has done in non-NNPC depots.

It should fully deregulate the price for petrol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by engrlarex(m): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
this is bad good news to me.

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by passionate88: 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin apc promises are like China phones, they don't last long

8 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by passionate88: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin cheesy Short changed. He hasn't even stabilised world oil price. Lagosians, I dey wait for una to protest o. Shey when Jonathan remove fuel subsidy una protest?, when him change unilag to maulag una protest?, when buhari promised to take fuel prices to 50 naira, una mumu believe the guy?. Now the change wey him mean don clear for una eyes ba?, make me wait for those idiots wey go come here dey say "it's just a matter of time e go better", "na the past administration fault", " I trust baba sha", etc. Buncha useless and jobless fellows.

23 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Rexnegro(m): 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
nice move cos The fraud attached to the so called subsidy is just too much....

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by chubbygal(f): 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin agonizing Nigeria.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Khan1993: 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
So there was subsidy on it before and i buy it for #120 here. In fact it has no standard price. So with the subsidy removed. Smh. I fear the worse. Abeg make una no remove firewood own so that we get to fall back on something.

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by passionate88: 11:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Khan1993:
So there was subsidy on it before and i buy it for #120 here. In fact it has no standard price. So with the subsidy removed. Smh. I fear the worse. Abeg make una no remove firewood own so that we get to fall back on something.
the old man go soon remove am on.

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Dindondin(m): 11:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
kkkk
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Sholah96(m): 11:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Na hot plate sure pass

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Elders Write Buhari "2016 Budget Not Favourable To The North / Ben Bruce: "Babachir Arrested Because Of Obasanjo’s Letter To Buhari" / Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.