Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,033 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre (26381 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by activelyA(f): 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ope oo grin
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by shurlermoz(m): 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
blueto:

if you were truly buying it for that price, it means you should get ready for approximately 210 per litre now.

Its time to start using fire woods grin

No, it means it should be available at gas stations for N83.
Subsidy is the only reason why they are diverting the product in the first place, so without subsidy gas station can just load at NNPC and sell without any bottle neck.
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by ayindejimmy(m): 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
AngryNigerian:
My mum has been buying kerosine @ #105-#120, so how would this news be helpful

We are in perilous times, honestly! However, wetin concern #Agbero with #Overload? I still get gas for a far cheaper price, just hoping that Tompolo wouldn't go ahead with his threat!

It has been #Angry#Nigerian

...and I'm just here to #SayMyMind

When it was being subsidized for #50, we buy it at #150 /liter.
And the past govt pretend they don't know such illegality exist.

This Govt had better put strict supervision in place, else we'll be buying it for #200

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Khan1993: 11:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
passionate88:
the old man go soon remove am on.
if those old women from village curse am ehn. E no go finish him tenure

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by godwin120alex: 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
I don't no what to say cos even d fuel own na only Lagos you can buy fuel at 86 naira
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by rabbaba: 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Gej sold for 50 naira PMB 85 naira. APC...... craze. Craze.....APC. We r warching

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by khattab02: 11:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
blueto:

if you were truly buying it for that price, it means you should get ready for approximately 210 per litre now.

Its time to start using fire woods grin
grin grin grin

#Global warming oooo.....
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Justicealh3(m): 11:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ministerofpetroleumcharges N1.01.
undecidedundecidedundecided

Customservicecharges N0.99.
)coolcool8

Nigerian's thief charges N0.5.
gringringrin

Na like dis they de de charges us, until now things never change...

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Trustworthiness: 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
It is high time we all start using LPG (that is gas) in our various homes. It is cheaper and readily available in Nigeria.

Before I started using gas in my house, I spent minimum of N18K in three months, but now I spend almost N8K in three months. Thereby reducing my expenses.

Nigeria LNG produces enough LPG that foreign countries are refusing to buy because of high competition in the world market. Let all start using the gas produced by the company so that the ccompany can increase their production, hence increase the number of Nigerians they will be able to employ.

This is the time for us all to rethink and help improve the economy of our dear country.

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by khattab02: 12:07am On Jan 25, 2016
chei!! Na wa ooooo.....

Them say oil prices dey drop because of too much oyel for market but for our obodo Nigeria na the reverse.

Even when subsidy dey we dey buy am #170, #150, #125, the least na #110 after like 13 months.

Na petrol we dey consume pass but kero and diesel cost pass am. Chei! Chei!!!

#God help us for this Obodo
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Mekky2010: 12:07am On Jan 25, 2016
Why do ppl still use kerosene when gas is cheaper, cleaner and faster.
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Trustworthiness: 12:08am On Jan 25, 2016
peacengine:
More woes for the common man.

More woes for common man who does not know that using LPG, ie gas, is cheaper than using kerosene. It is even more healthier.
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by khattab02: 12:09am On Jan 25, 2016
shurlermoz:

No, it means it should be available at gas stations for N83.
Subsidy is the only reason why they are diverting the product in the first place, so without subsidy gas station can just load at NNPC and sell without any bottle neck.
me no think so ooo....

Watch how much dem go dey sell am now.
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by khattab02: 12:11am On Jan 25, 2016
ayindejimmy:

When it was being subsidized for #50, we buy it at #150 /liter.
And the past govt pretend they don't know such illegality exist.

This Govt had better put strict supervision in place, else we'll be buying it for #200
200 ke? We dey talk of 250 and above...
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by segalex: 12:18am On Jan 25, 2016
God bless you GMB for putting an end to this scam!
The kerosene subsidy stuff is the greatest scam of all time to me, you'll never get to buy it at the subsidized rate
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by bashdawodu: 12:22am On Jan 25, 2016
Subsidy regime should be a great social program but like many social programs is prone to abuse.ours became a cesspool of corruption where a lot people made billions of naira and average person didn't benefit much.They still sell petroleum products above the control price and you still have long lines.Thats why many Nigerians called for the elimination of subsidies.The Buhari government has promised to use the savings to alleviate the suffering of Nigerians in other areas.with time we will have the opportunity to evaluate this promise.
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 25, 2016
Nigeria Must work.
Don't know why there is always long queues buying Kerosene.
A bottle of coke kerosene is 70 naira.
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by doyka: 12:28am On Jan 25, 2016
GEJ subsidized kerosene and it was never for one day sold at N50 per litre. Some thieves have been benefitting from this scam for only God knows when.
We now have a reasonable president who is ready to fight corruption by removing the scam called subsidy that has never benefitted the common man, and wailers have started wailing.
We can see sincerity in PMB, and not the deception and ''mumuism'' exhibited by past president who has shared all the money .............

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Originalsly: 12:29am On Jan 25, 2016
LordAdam:
Good one. I can authoritatively say that the N50 kerosene subsidy scam has been just as rewarding if not more than the petrol subsidy. Every non-NNPC station sold Kerosene for above N50 all these years since that subsidy was introduced.

I am a vocal pro-GEJ proponent and also a Nigerian. All good policies must be appreciated irrespective of the administration.

For all those whining about the effect on the common man. If the "common man" did not bother about buying a liter for over N100 when the government subsidized price was N50, then he should either shell out the cash or go F**K himself now that the subsidy has been removed and price is at N87.

-Lord
Jeez! ....bro is true what you say ...but damn... you harsh!
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by veneevi: 12:30am On Jan 25, 2016
Obviously I won't say much... Because for now Nigeria is unpredictable with the gamble they are just play.
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by ncolumella(m): 12:39am On Jan 25, 2016
its time to invest in the LPG industry.
hurry and purchase our refilling plants...

For more information please visit/click: www.nairaland.com/2807449/turn-small-land-very-profitable

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by ochallo: 1:10am On Jan 25, 2016
When GEj removed subsidy, these same people gathered themselves in freedom square with gullible Nigerians to fight it because they needed the money to fund an election , and now they have done the same thing. May God Forgive us.

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by kristisking(m): 1:10am On Jan 25, 2016
The change is really taking place. People complain of hardship, yet the price of kerosine was increased. This change is a real scam.

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by leksbore(m): 1:59am On Jan 25, 2016
I guess this is another way of tackling corruption in the oil n gas sector..PMB still watching,what will Nigeria look like at the end of 2yrs
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by anonimi: 2:35am On Jan 25, 2016
LRNZH:
Great news. Another way to break up this cabal.

Fire on Baba.

Did you say that in January 2012 when Jonathan and the 36 governors removed subsidies
Or are you a HYPOCRITE ni?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606941_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011d_jpegc347aadcc28645a881c11e877b19ae27

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by wwwkaycom(m): 3:03am On Jan 25, 2016
some people have hole in their brains by the way they reason and comment on this platform, tell me where anyone had gotten kerosene for N50 in Nigeria in the recent past? if the the new price regime could enforced like the current efforts being made by DPR on ,PMS, Nigerians will get the product
at a price better than the current
N125-N130, cheers
Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Koleman(m): 3:10am On Jan 25, 2016
how much be kerosene before have never bought kero for less than N100 before...

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by lxyrul: 4:49am On Jan 25, 2016
Khan1993:
So there was subsidy on it before and i buy it for #120 here. In fact it has no standard price. So with the subsidy removed. Smh. I fear the worse. Abeg make una no remove firewood own so that we get to fall back on something.

Even firewood go soon cost

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by EbuGeneral(m): 5:04am On Jan 25, 2016
[quote author=LordAdam post=42295569]Good one. I can authoritatively say that the N50 kerosene subsidy scam has been just as rewarding if not more than the petrol subsidy. Every non-NNPC station sold Kerosene for above N50 all these years since that subsidy was introduced.

I am a vocal pro-GEJ proponent and also a Nigerian. All good policies must be appreciated irrespective of the administration.

For all those whining about the effect on the common man. If the "common man" did not bother about buying did you read the post well at all? only NNPC stations can sell N83, Other independent marketers can sell higher. that means, N200 and above. this government is a joke.

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre by Ifebazz(m): 5:35am On Jan 25, 2016
Kerosene has been selling for N150 and above. What was being subsidised then? Or better still, what subsidy will be removed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch / Navy Impounds 2 Vessels With Stolen Petroleum, Arrests 22 Crew Members In Rivers / N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.