Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal (39464 Views)

Magu Evades Questions On Buratai's Dubai Houses / Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun / Count Me Out Of Arms Deal Scandal β€” Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by Haykay80(m): 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
The Nigerian Army has issued a statement on alleged role of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai in the $2.1billion arms deal fraud.

PRESS RELEASE:SAVE THE NATION MOVEMENT A GROUP OF BLACKMAILERS AND MISCHIEF MAKERS

The Nigerian Army has noted with dismay the attempt to rubbish the hard earned name and reputation of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai and the Nigerian Army by a faceless group that called itself Save the Nation Movement (STNM) through orchestrated campaign of calumny in the media. In a release signed by Steven Chilaka, its National Secretary on Sunday, they wanted the Chief of Army Staff to be included among those indicted in the ongoing probe of abuse of funds meant for the procurement of arms simply because he was the Director of Procurement at the Defence Headquarters (DHQ).

The public will recall our earlier warning of this type of campaign of calumny against the Nigerian Army and the Chief of Army Staff. This has reared its ugly head again. Unfortunately, the movement could not get their facts right as has always been the case with people with dubious intents.

Contrary to their mischief, it should be noted that General Buratai was Director of Procurement at Defence Headquarters from March 2014 to May 2015, not from 2012 to 2015 as they wished to mislead the public. Furthermore, there is the need to educate the ignorant group that, Defence Procurement in Nigeria is decentralised each Service is responsible for its procurement. It is advisable for the group to look elsewhere if they want to attack the Chief of Army Staff. For the avoidance of doubt, the Chief of Army Staff has never been involved in any questionable act throughout his career as military officer let alone when he was at the DHQ.

As a matter of fact, the Chief of Army Staff has always been a reference point in exemplary conduct, probity and integrity. It is on record that he voluntarily declared his assets both as Commander MNJTF and as Chief of Army Staff. In addition, he has directed all Nigerian Army officers to do so. One wonders what the faceless groups motive is and why they are in a hurry to rubbish the good name of the Chief Army Staff and the Nigerian Army, when there is a Presidential Panel already working selflessly. Why is the group trying to jump the gun. Let these mischievous elements which Steven Chilaka represents, allow the Panel to discharge its duties dispassionately as it is doing.

It is advisable also that the faceless group should get their facts right and not just merely speculate or disturb us with their wishful thinking. They should further understand that whatever mischievous intentions they have against the Chief of Army Staff and indeed, the Nigerian Army, both would not be deterred, we shall remain focused and never to be distracted. Consequently, the public is please requested to disregard the so called Movements evil machinations which would surely fall back on them.

Thank you.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigerian-army-releases-statement-on-buratais-alleged-role-in-arms-deal-scandal.169850/

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by ernesty20(m): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2016
This man na thief.. He must face justice.

Hit like if u think he must face justice!!

179 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by olapluto(m): 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2016
I said this immediately I saw the news yesterday. Buratai is a very upright soldier. These wailers turn Ipob just come up with bogus lies everytime. 3 months suddenly turned 4 years to them.

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by Firefire(m): 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
grin cheesy I know it will come... cheesy

March 2014 to May 2015 is also fine with us for the probe.

EFCC, please let the probe of General Buratai as Director of Military Procurement within the above mentioned period start, NOW!

No place for professional looters again, no scared cow.

Btw: Life na turn by turn, 'Oye to kan ara Iwo o ti kan ara Ede'. wink

Cc: lalasticlala, we must get our money back by probing all culprit.

116 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by OKDnigeria: 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
So ur only defense is dat u re not d director of procurement from 2012 but from 2014? how does that exonerate u? The allegation of mismanagement in the arms deal covers 2012 to 2015.
So if dis is d only defense u have, I suspect u...

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by BIGZEE88(f): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
Seen! So what...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by IVORY2009(m): 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
Where is that my "handcuff"...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by babyfaceafrica: 2:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nice one..buratai my guy....shoot dem all!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by miqos02(m): 2:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
I hia
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by Benjom(m): 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2016
...and the revelation continues.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by MadCow1: 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2016
Okay na
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by investigator007: 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2016
hmm

Well, they started the media trial, I guess they can see how it is.
Anyway, I believe we should be factual when reporting issues.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by weblogo: 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2016
cool stuff...

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by laptopsale(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
Anyone associated with the government is considered a saint, this APC fight against corruption is going to be long and interesting episode.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by godoluwa(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
its a matter of tym b4 zombies will knw dat APC is 100% CERTIFIED SCAM. Yoruba says, ti o ba fe gbe koto fun ota re, ma se gbe jin tori ore re le seesi ko sinu re.
WE MUST PROBE & CONVICT ALL TREASURY LOOTERS

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by IamSimi(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
ok nw
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by sapientia(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
I feel like crying for the military i adore soooo much

The procurement being centralised means that the DHQ where the current COAS was Director of procurement are aware of all procurements made by any Service during the stipulated time.

The way they sounded... is anything wrong with a probe?

Unless they wish to tell us that once your name enters the list.. you are already guilty..

By the way.. i believe March 2014 to May 2015 was the period there much procurement of military hardware in Nigeria..

Infact. i believe more than 80 per cent of the money stolen was within that period.

Am not say my able COAS was corrupt or that he stole money.. no.. never

All am saying is this... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN PROBING BRUTAI

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by godoluwa(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
Firefire:

EFCC, please let the probe of General Buratai as Director of Military Procurement within the above mentioned period start, NOW!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by flokii: 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
IVORY2009:
Where is that my "handcuff"...

shey handcuff na ur own handchain ni grin

abi you sef follow chop our yam

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by chiefoboh1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
No excuse jor, probe am from that period

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by ORACLE1975(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
K
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by Pavarottii(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
Yam-Eater!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by godoluwa(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
Firefire:

expect attack from APC zombies

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by batista181(m): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
lipsrsealed Amey matter no consin me let leave it to www.2batista.wapka.mobi
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by Johnnoah1st: 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
e
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by DullardBuhari(m): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
sapientia
Johnnoah1st:
e
ORACLE1975:
K
miqos02:
I hia
[center:

[/center]
weblogo:
cool stuff...
shocked
gentlesoul196:
MadCow1:
Okay na
post=42311428]ffd

grin these guys having nothing to contribute
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by ossaisly(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2016
tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal by naijapips02: 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2016
Firefire:

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/15108135.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gambia: FG On Standby To Evacuate Nigerians - Abike Dabiri / FFK On Buhari/Osinbajo Boycotting ECOWAS Meeting With Benjamin Netanyahu / Fulani Herd-boy Seen Studying His Books While Out With β€˜his’ Cows For Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.