Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) (54716 Views)

Man Who 'Tied Pregnant Woman With Coffin & Fowl' Paraded In Anambra (Pic, Video) / Man Who Wears Double Bra To Disguise As Woman Caught & Paraded In Minna (Photos) / Man Caught Raping A Little Girl, Paraded In Public (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
silent10:

Nice piece. Only the Almighty wil save us o, amin. & pray often

Bros, I don tire oo. This thing dey always worry me! It saddens my heart that Nigerian security institution like the police is involved in a mess like this. This Tomola that they said is their leader is not actually their leader but one of them. The real leader of the gang called Segun Ogbere(aka Shaggy) was hacked to death by his rival cult group called DownTown boys about 3yrs ago. It was his 2nd in command called Anarchy, who was killed by the police last year, that took over from him after his death. So this Tomola Ogbere is the senior brother to Segun Ogbere. And in their fraternity, I don't think the position is based on familial hierarchical structure.

The police is very very very bias and corrupt.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
chigoizie7:
Some people sef. @ his age, he is still running street.

Got tired after 3yrs.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by banmee(m): 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2016
ernesty20:
dss been arresting people and go away looking for evidence since time imo-river

Just too bad. What amazes me most is Nigerians act surprised as to why the country is not moving forward forgetting that it is the way they think that is primarily holding them back.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by otiigba1(m): 8:01pm On Jan 25, 2016
MotorConnectz:
I don't see what people see in cultism. Some people are so addicted to it. I believe only cowards join it. You are not a man if u can't stand on your own and face your own problem but rather join a group to help you in a bad manner. Most of the people in the cult won't even give a Damn about you. They can even ride u to get what they want and yet you boast you a cultist jumping up and down flying colour making noise. What is the aim of forming a bad group? Nothing productive at the end of the day. I have friends from wonder homes I lost because they joined a cult. Ask me why? I don't know. May Lord guide us all
it's all about having control of the area, same with gangs here and in the US, when they are in group it's easier to intimidate, extort,steal, sell drugs and incite fear into the people residing in that area so when the rival gangs sees that there is a lot of money to be made in a certain area they began to fight and murder each other to see which gang is dangerous enough to take control of the area. The reason they Destroy, burn down houses or murder is to show residents how dangerous they are, thus no one would challenge them or report their activities to the police, because of fear of the gangs or cult as you guys call them in nigeria, in the case of nigerian police there is nothing they can do to these gang/cult members because they the police are Afraid of the gangs/ cult members. So becomes a case of "if you can't beat them,join them" all gang/cult members are ussually Unemployed cowards who has nothing to loose.hence why they resort in destroying other peoples property. Most of them do not have families so are ready to die any time just to put an end to their frustrated and miserable lives

I hope i have helped in answering your question as to why people joim gangs/cults.

Believe me i know. Man was a gang member.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by idu1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 25, 2016
theoptimist298:
They did not know an old woman was inside the burnt house so I hope they donot try to pin the murder of the woman on them. Come to think of it, who in their right minds woulld deliberately kill an old woman?

Is Amaechi not a bigger Cultist? But he has been rewarded with a ministerial position today. I demand that these boys be released immediately inorder for Buhari to be seen as fair towards all cultists.
Are you cultist?

1 Like

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Trulie(m): 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
I can confidently tell u that ebute ilajeh boast of be hive of criminal activities. just like what my friend and I use to say about them..these guys only export to their neighbouring communities are crime. They make one or two disgruntled comments whenever i walk past them in company of a female friend. I can't thank God enough that my rent is due. I've got me a place somewhere far from here and will be relocating soon.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
otiigba1:
if this is true? Then people living in that area are doomed. Besides i thought that the government of change promised security of nigerians when they were campaigning? So were the hell!? Has the security gone?

Bros, this is the truth and nothing but the truth.

The police baffled myself and people like me yesterday! Just immediately the police patrol van left their usual parking space, the boys started their meeting. They sang loudly, clapped repeatedly and danced. Now let's check it: in an environment where there's a police patrol van, how come these boys have the gut to convey meeting that lasted for about 1hr 30min in such an environment? The meeting is about 100metres away from the parking space of the patrol van And immediately they finished, the police van returned.

It was a shocker to me. These policemen collect drinks and money from these boys. No b say dem say. I see am with my koro koro eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by otiigba1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2016
kingbee109:

Bros, I don tire oo. This thing dey always worry me! It saddens my heart that Nigerian security institution like the police is involved in a mess like this. This Tomola that they said is their leader is not actually their leader but one of them. The real leader of the gang called Segun Ogbere(aka Shaggy) was hacked to death by his rival cult group called DownTown boys about 3yrs ago. It was his 2nd in command called Anarchy, who was killed by the police last year, that took over from him after his death. So this Tomola Ogbere is the senior brother to Segun Ogbere. And in their fraternity, I don't think the position is based on familial hierarchical structure.

although nigerian police can be corrupt most off the time, i would add that they the police are also Afraid of repraisal attack against them or their families plus the do not get paid well for any of them to lose their lives so it becomes a case of "if you can't beat them join them) the whole thing from the gang/cult members down to the police is all about money and power. Which involves rape, extortion,drug dealings, contract killings and intimidation most gang/cult members are ussually unemployed cowards (thats why they go in groups) who has no families thus nothing to lose, in fact some times it appears to them that they are better dead just to put and end to their miserable,lonely cocaine sniffing or crack smoking lives. Hence why they don't care who the murder or harm

1 Like

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by frankblinkz(m): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
Am proud to be a 48,as my guys dem go talk#TeamJew#

1 Like

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by otiigba1(m): 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
Trulie:
I can confidently tell u that ebute ilajeh boast of be hive of criminal activities. just like what my friend and I use to say about them..these guys only export to their neighbouring communities are crime. They make one or two disgruntled comments whenever i walk past them in company of a female friend. I can't thank God enough that my rent is due. I've got me a place somewhere far from here and will be relocating soon.
relocating would be a good idea and do it ASAP, it doesn't seem like the cult issue is about to end soon if anything it will get worst.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by otiigba1(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2016
idu1:
Are you cultist?
help me ask am o! He obviously thinks its okay to go about burning peoples properties regardless angry
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by harpy: 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
theoptimist298:
They did not know an old woman was inside the burnt house so I hope they donot try to pin the murder of the woman on them. Come to think of it, who in their right minds woulld deliberately kill an old woman?

Is Amaechi not a bigger Cultist? But he has been rewarded with a ministerial position today. I demand that these boys be released immediately inorder for Buhari to be seen as fair towards all cultists.

I shake my head for you; empty brain

1 Like

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by kachnov(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
okay ...serves them right.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
kingbee109:
This is good but the police is not doing a complete job.
Why? This cultists have rival called the DownTown
boys. The Down Town boys are never arrested, why?
Are the police biased? Before this boys burnt the said
house, the DownTown boys who are based around
Abule Oja and Abule Ijesha orchestrated a stealth kill of
two members of these arrested boys on Friday 22-2016.
The reason why the house was razed down is what I
don’t know but the police should do a complete job by
arresting both sides. All of them are evil and deadly.

There are still many of them inside ebute Ilaje and their
activities is disturbing the sand business in ebute Ilaje.
Anytime any Tipper is driving along Abule Oja or Abule
Ijesha and the DownTown boys accost them on the
road, it means trouble for the tipper driver and its
passengers, as money and other valuables would be
forcefully extorted by these evil DownTown boys

To me, these boys are easy to arrest because mere
looking at them, one would know them. And they most
times carry small bag across their shoulder. The bag
they carry is what they use to carry gun up and down.

My pain is that these boys would be released once the
police see money. Five of these boys were arrested last
year by the Eleweran police command in Ogun state for
stealing a car. Now the five people arrested are now
walking free in Ebute Ilaje Bariga Lagos. What
happened? Has the case been swept under the carpet?
Or the court of law of competent jurisdiction discharged
and acquitted them? I guess not.
Just yesterday, 24-01-2016, the police patrol van
stationed in Ebute Ilaje Bariga to patrol the area left the
place and immediately, the cultists started
their usual Sunday meeting. And just immediately the
cultists finished their meeting, the police van returned to its normal parking place. Was that a coincidence? Or planned? The police is doing nothing! Absolutely nothing! They wine and dine with evil boys they are supposed to
arrest! Who does that?! I’ve seen with my eyes where
some top shots of this boys in Ebute Ilaje
Bariga buy drinks and give money to the policemen that
are supposed to arrest these boys. It is an eyesore! Very
backward! A breach of trust! Aiding and abetting
criminals! There are many things I've seen and heard. I can't say it all. Only God can save us

Dis is serious how I wish Ambode, and com of police can read dis comment.
Too bad police is not our friend
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
glossy6:

Ok you mean burning of the house was in order. Who should be blamed for the woman's death? Perhaps me or other NL

Did I just spot a renowned cultist here? Seun, lalastiscala over to you

Snitch. Did u also read that it was a reprisal attack and that 2 of their guys were killed earlier? Did u also read that the police aids and abets the cultists from the other faction? If justice is to be served then the crackdown by the police should be on both sides fighting. Pls note that I totally condemn the killing of the woman and may God rest her soul.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by ElFenomeno1: 8:58pm On Jan 25, 2016
vault:
see regrets dripping from their faces...... awon omo komo

Regrets ke.
Those guys are unrepentant vagabonds!!!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by samadream(m): 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
theoptimist298:

u

occult apologist ride on, days of reckoning, regret is your other name, or may be your cult group invented something profitable,wasteful endeavors
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
kaziblake:
Even that old man.

No b old man oo. He should be like 43-45yr old. He just got released from prison not more than 3yrs ago where he spent more than 10yrs. He's called Mona mi
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Simplefaithy(m): 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Who cultism don help
. prof. wole Soyinka
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Simplefaithy(m): 9:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
kingbee109:

bros, since u know these much. u can help the police with necessary and vital info.since police is our friend

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Mpanyi: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
NO to cultism! Cultists should be held accountable. But it will be a grave injustice for the law enforcement agents to be on the heel of one group while their rivals go scot-free.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by kenyguy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2016
Just passing
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by ogbanje1(f): 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2016
See their ugly, black faces.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
Yomboy4ever:

Dis is serious how I wish Ambode, and com of police can read dis comment.
Too bad police is not our friend

The police is never our friend at all. Anytime there's a distress call about the activities of these boys and the police is coming, their siren will be wailing from 5 streets away before they get to Ebute Ilaje Bariga. Myself and my friend will just laugh because the boys would have fled before the police got there. And once they get there, they will start shooting into the air. You need to see how old women and men who sells sand in Ebute Ilaje run for their lives. Instead for the police to convey a community meeting and sensitize the people and also seek their coperation to combat those boys. Rather, they create fear in the minds of the people
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by MisterGrace: 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
theoptimist298:

What a dirty mentality... That Amaechi was rewarded with a ministerial post for being a cultists?

Do you know that it is against the law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to indulge in cultism?

Can you prove this "when" you are summoned to do so?
By the way remove that mentality of getting favours cos you belong to a certain cult group. It is a fallacy of ambiguity.

There is no skill acquisition, talent grooming or positive fine tuning in cultism.

Apart from intimidating, threatening and thinking of injuring, killing or mobilizing your cult members to stab or shoot at people, do you have any diplomatic way of resolving issues with people?

RIP to the innocent old lady.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by kaziblake(f): 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2016
kingbee109:

No b old man oo. He should be like 43-45yr old. He just got released from prison not more than 3yrs ago where he spent more than 10yrs. He's called Mona mi
you know him.
Does he have kids.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2016
Am really sorry about these guys tho.. They will all turn to Babes when they are shacked in a cell with Boot-y Hungry dudes..

1 Like

Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Eberex(m): 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2016
You find the same setting at onipan and fadeyi. These two areas are very notorious. Just last week someone was killed at onipan, and I bet you, the other group will reciprocate when, only God knws. Might be when people are doing their normal business. God help them they don't get hit by stray bullets.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by initialize(m): 10:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
Saheed9:
The only good thing I've heard of from that area is olamide. Though he also has some bariga - like behavior

It's because you haven't heard of me.... Hahaha!

I grew up on Abeokuta Str..Same street Lil'Kesh is from.

Not everyone from Bariga fancies the rugged life... I relocated to Ikeja last year but i often go back there to visit my parents.
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by opedaydydx9(m): 10:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
R
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by opedaydydx9(m): 11:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
Saheed9:
The only good thing I've heard of from that area is olamide. Though he also has some bariga - like behavior
that's y him sef no finish for tasued..
Re: Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) by Barigaboy(m): 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
kingbee109:
This is good but the police is not doing a complete job.
Why? This cultists have rival called the DownTown
boys. The Down Town boys are never arrested, why?
Are the police biased? Before this boys burnt the said
house, the DownTown boys who are based around
Abule Oja and Abule Ijesha orchestrated a stealth kill of
two members of these arrested boys on Friday 22-2016.
The reason why the house was razed down is what I
don’t know but the police should do a complete job by
arresting both sides. All of them are evil and deadly.

There are still many of them inside ebute Ilaje and their
activities is disturbing the sand business in ebute Ilaje.
Anytime any Tipper is driving along Abule Oja or Abule
Ijesha and the DownTown boys accost them on the
road, it means trouble for the tipper driver and its
passengers, as money and other valuables would be
forcefully extorted by these evil DownTown boys

To me, these boys are easy to arrest because mere
looking at them, one would know them. And they most
times carry small bag across their shoulder. The bag
they carry is what they use to carry gun up and down.

My pain is that these boys would be released once the
police see money. Five of these boys were arrested last
year by the Eleweran police command in Ogun state for
stealing a car. Now the five people arrested are now
walking free in Ebute Ilaje Bariga Lagos. What
happened? Has the case been swept under the carpet?
Or the court of law of competent jurisdiction discharged
and acquitted them? I guess not.
Just yesterday, 24-01-2016, the police patrol van
stationed in Ebute Ilaje Bariga to patrol the area left the
place and immediately, the cultists started
their usual Sunday meeting. They sang loudly, clapped repeatedly and danced. And just immediately the
cultists finished their meeting, the police van returned to its normal parking place. Was that a coincidence? Or planned? Let's check it: what can give gut to cult boys to hold meeting in a place about 100 metres away from police patrol van? Let's assume the van coincidentally moved away, what confidence do they have to hold meeting in an area that's supposed to be constantly patrolled by the police? It was all planned, my people. The police is doing nothing! Absolutely nothing! They wine and dine with evil boys they are supposed to
arrest! Who does that?! I’ve seen with my eyes where
some top shots of this boys in Ebute Ilaje
Bariga buy drinks and give money to the policemen that
are supposed to arrest the same boys. It is an eyesore! Very
backward! A breach of trust! Aiding and abetting
criminals! There are many things I've seen and heard. I can't say it all. Only God can save us

I hope concerned authorities are reading this! Please help! This mayhem is scary and the residents including sand sellers and tipper owners in Ebute Ilaje Bariga are scared and don't know what to do. The police is doing nothing because they are encouraging it as a result of money they get from these devils. Please HELP!!!
God bless u, I c that u r trully from Bariga. I didn't want to say anything too because u no 1 gat to be careful. I just want all readers to know that their r two cult group involve n its always being one side of the cult members that is always arrested n killed. The guy killed last Sallah belongs to dis same group arrested. Please don't be partial we understand d politics. Ebute to Igbaja is a base in Bariga while Folagoro is another base. But ebute has being affected leaving d downtown out because of their connections. All d guys arrested r all Ebute boys why partial. I wouldn't say anything more

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thirty (30) Slangs You Should Never Use In Port Harcourt / 10-Year-Old Bello Abdulkadir Ado, A Vigilante Member In Katsina Carrying Gun / Man's Manhood Chopped Off For Taking Another Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.