Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Refusal Of UK Study Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refusal Of UK Study Visa (10969 Views)

Poll: Do you think the UK high commission in Nigeria is fair enough regarding to issuing of study visas

yes: 36% (20 votes)
no: 63% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) / Tackling These Uk Study Visa Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by stellose(f): 11:31pm On Nov 17, 2006
WALE THESE WHITE GUYS ARE TRASH NO NEED FOR ANY APPEAL THEY ARE STUPID TO THE CORE I WAS A VICTIM TOO THIS JANUARY.

STELLOSE
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by candylips(m): 1:34am On Nov 18, 2006
really ? ?
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 5:40am On Nov 18, 2006
stellose:

WALE THESE WHITE GUYS ARE TRASH NO NEED FOR ANY APPEAL THEY ARE STUPID TO THE CORE I WAS A VICTIM TOO THIS JANUARY.
STELLOSE

@stellose, i know the embassies can be funny sometimes, but miracles still happen. A close relation of mine got denied twice this year, all the documents he used were originals in his own name. The rejected it the first time because the person apparently had too much money in the account, second time it was because the could not find the bank statement which he surely included. My guy lost both appeals, but was suprised to recieve a call 2 weeks ago to come pick up his visa. It was like a miracle, so keep trying and make sure you prepare well enough for all thier games before you go back. Best of luck.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by lioness(f): 10:03am On Nov 20, 2006
If you are denied a visa at any embassy, you are given a written down reason for the denial. Depending on the reason for denial, you are allowed to counter that reason by clarifying their doubts and re-applying.
if you are denied a student visa because u had a faxed copy of your admission letter, you are expected to get the original and re-apply.
There is no such thing as a "denial staining your passport for life", it doesnt work that way. I have seen hundreds of people who got denied this month and got their visa the next month after re-applying.

And by the way, fighting for an appeal doesnt prove nada. Doesnt mean your real confident and all that. If you lose the appeal, you stand a lesser chance of getting a student visa again or even a visitors visa.

walelead:

@lioness,
You need to realise that appealling a visa denial shows that youre confident, focused, your documents are original and that your reason fo travelling is genuine. It pays to appeal even if you lose.If you don't appeal, u will never get it a second time
The fact is that once u've been denied a visa by the Uk/US embassy, you passport has been stained for life. The only way to clean it is to fight your case and make sure they give you even if its at the tenth trial.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by Reverend(m): 10:34am On Nov 28, 2006
The truth is that as it has been said there is a quota. I am sure the company that is processing the application is making lots of money, but this is Nigeria and that is the way. I magine if there was no fee or a refund for an unsucessful application, there would be tens of thousands of people applying and it would overload the already shaky system.

The reality is that the UK can not really cope with the influx of immigrants anymore. Many people abuse the system and enter for a short stay and remain illegally, many of them on student visas. So things are made difficult and I can not see it being made any easier in the near future.

They are currently changing all the laws to be stricter and give less people the chance to abuse the system.

The UK is one of the fairest Countries when it comes to accepted foreign students and workers and many Nigerians are living and working in the UK. Many legally, but far more illegally. They are the ones responsible for causing all the problems for geniune people that would like to study in the UK!
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 11:20am On Nov 28, 2006
@rev, are u in the military, i understand Aldershot is a military town. Obasanjo himself is an alumni
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by Reverend(m): 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2006
Aldershot has a fine military history and is a military town :-)

As for Obasanjo being an alumni , I don't know about that!
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2006
Reverend:

As for Obasanjo being an alumni , I don't know about that!

Well, Wikipedia says so and i guess they are right. Regards
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by candylips(m): 1:38am On Nov 29, 2006
LOL obj ke
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by olajadfad(f): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2006
same here too,i was totally refused visa sometimes,middle of this year,and immediatelyi was told to appeal,which i did instantly,but up till nw ve nt been calld to come n obtain my visa,so candylips you said there is still hope 4 me,sha,cos ve already losed hope finally.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by olajadfad(f): 10:43am On Dec 04, 2006
same here too,i was totally refused visa sometimes,middle of this year,and immediatelyi was told to appeal,which i did instantly,but up till NOW ve nt been called to come n obtain my visa,so candylips you said there is still hope 4 me,sha,cos ve already losed hope finally.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2006
olajadfad:

same here too,i was totally refused visa sometimes,middle of this year,and immediatelyi was told to appeal,which i did instantly,but up till NOW ve nt been called to come n obtain my visa,so candylips you said there is still hope 4 me,sha,because ve already losed hope finally.

My friend, there is hope. It could still happen
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by olajadfad(f): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2006
Same here,i applied for uk visa,n i was totally refused,but somone now advised me to appeal which i did, am talking bout sometime around July,up till now have not received any call from dem,and i felt very bad about this,anyway i will keep hopin unto God,cos ve already payed for my tuition fee,but as u ve said now Candylips,that they will still call me,then am really hoping 4 d best to come,cos its very important 4 me to go 4 my Masters.

But as for we Nigerians i will always want us to pray 4 a better Nigeria,most especially 4 all the bad leaders of this country,dt the Lord should eliminate them,cos i dont c why it should b like this,4 us (Nigerians),a country that is blessed, should b suffering 4rm this terrible racist,just becos we want to study in their country,anyway i dont blame them,becos it is the hen that say make them come see im yansh.

Once again let us all pray 4 a better Nigeria,that it will be a better place 4 us all to live in.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by LoverBwoy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2006
But as for we Nigerians i will always want us to pray 4 a better Nigeria,most especially 4 all the bad leaders of this country,dt the Lord should eliminate them,because i don't c why it should b like this,4 us (Nigerians),a country that is blessed, should b suffering from this terrible racist,just because we want to study in their country,anyway i don't blame them,because it is the hen that say make them come see im yansh.

oh boy!
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2006
@lbwoy, watch yourself or u will be eliminated too grin grin
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by lioness(f): 10:51am On Dec 05, 2006
Abroad fever grin
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by LoverBwoy(m): 1:01am On Dec 06, 2006
walelead wetin i fit do now

when someone actually prays to the lord to eliminate people lol

O'Lord kill all my enemies let them die slowly, make them have accidents so they'll never be useful in their lives,Amen! grin
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by mrpataki(m): 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2006
lol
olajadfad:

[b]But as for we Nigerians i will always want us to pray 4 a better Nigeria,most especially 4 all the bad leaders of this country,dt the Lord should eliminate them,[/b]because i don't c why it should b like this,4 us (Nigerians),a country that is blessed, should b suffering from this terrible racist,just because we want to study in their country,anyway i don't blame them,because it is the hen that say make them come see im yansh.

Once again let us all pray 4 a better Nigeria,that it will be a better place 4 us all to live in.
lol
As the lagos lotto goes e fit be you!!!!
What a prayer!!!! Mountaineers!!!!
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by lioness(f): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2006
cool
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by candylips(m): 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2006
hmmmmm
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by lioness(f): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2006
wahala dey oh ,,,, LMAO
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by candylips(m): 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2006
which kin wahala lioness
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by wisdome: 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2007
I was just wandering how lucrative this business of visa issuance and refusal could be. Come to think of it a lot of Nigerians be they old or young do apply for visa and over 70% applications are turned down just because of one excuse or the other by the clearing officer.

They do not want people to get there and become liability to their funds they say but little do they realised that they benefit more from this so called students today and would be graduates tomorrow(What say less about Nairaland in the diaspora).

I know of a guy who applied after paying 75% (£6000) of his fees which is a fortune in Niaraland and the clearing officer wrote a detailed refusal letter that no statement of account, no bank statement from his employer and no evidence of payement even with the schools letter stating that this guy has actual paid this amount.

I think there should be a fair ratio of refusal to issuance in all fairness to our nairaland economy.

In the meantime if there is sales of Public offer for BRITISH EMBASSY SHARES in Nairaland please kindly notify me.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by ayodele1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2007
Am not surprise about the whole issue because they have turned the issue of getting visa now a game of luck or mood, that means the mood of the officer decides maybe you Will be granted or not.Recently a lady applied for visa and was turned down and again re-applied of which they saw her passport that it has onces be refused and when they begin the whole issue, he said to the lady that he is going to toss a coin that if she win the visa is hers but if she loose then no visa, end of the whole thing the woman won and was even given more years than required.Its really disappointing the extent of power given to this people.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by soulpatrol(f): 11:47pm On Jan 20, 2007
what?? is that kind of game allowed? see what these people have turned us into - a joke!  angry its not their fault that we are flocking out in droves to their country in search of greener pastures. if only nigeria was good. i pray one day they are the ones that will be begging to come into our country. rubbish and nonsense! angry
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by mrpataki(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2007
I was saying it in another thread that the UK visa is a great rip off, someone kept telling me it is not so angry
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by lioness(f): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2007
cool
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by dremoney(m): 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2007
kindda weak coz i really dunno whre to start 4rm.

GOD PURNISH ALL OUR LEADERS 4RM INDEPENDENCE TILL DATE IN JESUS NAME(Amen).
They sold our future,they destroyed the economy of Nigeria, They deserved death by Firing Squad, They're all bastards and there generations unborn will live to suffer in trillion folds the hardship they meted on Nigerians.
Witout Controversy,Naija is Richly Blessed but our economy isnt encouraging, Naija dey turn strong man to lazy bone.
U go b like person wey no sabi anytin, world go tire u,

However,wat amuses me is d blieve dat coming to uk means 1 is free 4rm normal hussling.Albeit,if u r sincere,legal n focussed with wat ur doin anywhere in d world,u will make money(with God on my side).
Uk is no exception,u dnt just blieve u wil need nt hussle to make money here,even at the level of hussling(UK is still far better than naija as things b).
We need a revolution in dat country,pple need to stand up n fight for our future, we dey suffer no b small,
so many tins r wrong wit dat country(4rm d leaders to d followers).

God will help us 1 day sha but i advice evri1 to kip his/her dream alive.
4get those yarns dat london is hard(let them come home n join u if its so hard), its not a bed of roses though but i expect a normal positive thnker to know life itself is nt a bed of roses(so wat r we talking about).
Uk isnt 4 evrybody to succeed in likewise sm peep has to get outta naija to make there money.
whicheva way it goes.try discover urself n carry ur cross.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by Eclairs: 2:10am On Oct 08, 2007
Student visa refused because the applicant has too much money in bank account. Find that very funny. What then would be the basics of this persons' appeal or re-application, when ironically, some are refused for the exact opposite? I'm beginning to think it's more to do with luck than anything else.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by choco4life(m): 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2007
Well stayed back and watched everyone gave his view or even shared experiences, but i must say this being a victim myself, this VISA application is a total rip-off esp the study visa ,this is how it works.
Get an admission,
Pay the school fees deposit many atimes not less than €1500 (paid about €5000 in my case, sch had my money for 7months),
School sends the visa applicatn form,
You apply for a visa spend about 40k reapply spend another money(close to 15,000 applications per week just from naija alone)
You are turned down
School keeps your fees deposit (spinning more money for them)
In the end the school gains, the BHC also gains.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by mrpataki(m): 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2007
choco4life:

Well stayed back and watched everyone gave his view or even shared experiences, but i must say this being a victim myself, this VISA application is a total rip-off esp the study visa ,this is how it works.
Get an admission,
Pay the school fees deposit many atimes not less than €1500 (paid about €5000 in my case, sch had my money for 7months),
School sends the visa applicatn form,
You apply for a visa spend about 40k reapply spend another money(close to 15,000 applications per week just from naija alone)
You are turned down
School keeps your fees deposit (spinning more money for them)
In the end the school gains, the BHC also gains.

Please which school keeps your fees deposit? undecided Most schools in the UK operate under the policy of paying your deposit before an unconditional offer of admission is issued to you. In the event that you secure your visa, the fees deposited becomes non-refundable. However, if you are not able to secure your visa, your deposit fees is given back to you.

Please prove me wrong, if my statement is false!
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by daygi(m): 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2007
Go for visa counselling

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Azman Air Halts Flights To Kaduna After Gun Attack / 270k Giveaway To Lucky Nairalanders - Selection Thread. / ‘U.S. Tourists Pay $270 For Nigerian Visa, Not $180’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.