Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Refusal Of UK Study Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refusal Of UK Study Visa (10946 Views)

Poll: Do you think the UK high commission in Nigeria is fair enough regarding to issuing of study visas

yes: 36% (20 votes)
no: 63% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) / Tackling These Uk Study Visa Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refusal Of UK Study Visa by choco4life(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2006
UK STUDY VISA REFUSAL

I just want somebody to lend his/her voice to talk about the spate
of student visa refusals especially to the UK.
    Unfortunately i had a lot of friends who wanted to study in the UK
this last september caught up in this madness, one of them whose
application had a problem despite the fact that his documents were
originals was told he was told that the account balance in his
statement of account was too much and they were afraid he wont come
back it was really funny when he told me because most people are refused
student visas because they feel the account balance in  their statement
of account is on the low side and they wont be able to take care of themselves
in the UK if visa is eventually granted.
    I was personally at the UK Visa application centre Abuja (Dana PLC) trice
saw a lot of genuine applicants(students)whose applications was not successful
reasons given for this was not worth it, it was shocking to find out after mixing
up with some of this applicants the number of times some of them had turned in their
application some of them had applied 3 times some 6 times this year alone that is about
20,400 for the application and 3500 for the agentfee(that is to DANA Nigeria).
I mean it is very inhumane because there is no refund of one naira.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by thimbook2(m): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2006
yep, those guys are making an insane amount of money off innocent 9gerians wanting in on on the UK action, but what can u do, when the irony of it all is that tha folks who are fake get given visas and sincere guys lose out, i've seen as many as 12 cases like that, guys with faked statemens of accounts, trumped up accounting papers, invoices and business papers of companies backed up with tax papers, stage-managed marriage pictures and faked local govt registry certificates, "arrangee" uncles/aunts and next of kins in the UK to issue letters of Invitation to them, the whole woxs, they are partially encouraging corruption in the 9ja system, which aint fair at all

and the Refusal reasons often stated by Entry Clearance OfficerS?!!!! Lawd, it'll make u wish u could see those blokes face to face and tell them where to shove their points, its all lies, often all lies, they almost presume to be God over ur fate, are they not, come and see the way we prayed and prayed then? 4what? VISA of course, not becos we were that crazy and desperate initially but because as the process wore on and we thought of what we'd spent, it was inconcievable that we be refused,

u fit blame them?, is it not the system that's creating the pains that people are running away from?

1 Like

Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by vodkat: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2006
Hello welcome to the club.i suggest u look at UK education scam and appealling a refusal of student visa for more stories, and you know, the funny thing there is a very aggressive marketing of UK education. It's one big scam to chop money from us.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by jammin(m): 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2006
It is not a scam!!! its just a way of dissuading people from making the application. they have a quota system which they strickly adhere to, and not doing a refund is making sure that people know that it will hit the pocket when you apply and fail to get the visa.

The best thing to do is stay in your country and build it. Let the politicians know that the citizensput them there to govern in the interest of the people and not in the interest o their friends and family.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by IBEXY(m): 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2006
Posted by: jammin
Insert Quote
It is not a scam!!! its just a way of dissuading people from making the application. they have a quota system which they strickly adhere to, and not doing a refund is making sure that people know that it will hit the pocket when you apply and fail to get the visa.

The best thing to do is stay in your country and build it. Let the politicians know that the citizensput them there to govern in the interest of the people and not in the interest o their friends and family.

Very easy thing to say especially when u are not in naija right now salvaging it together grin
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by LoverBwoy(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2006
Why dont you TRY USA grin shocked

i think close to half of nigerians currently in the U.K legally are on student visa and thats a lot!
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by Jesimiel(m): 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2006
I'm in with Jammin on this, after obtaining the UK university certificate nko what next, you join the endless line of Nigerians looking for work somewhere anywhere just to earn a fat salary at the end of the day after paying such a huge amount to the purse of the British government.

Why can't we just tell our politians that we don't want free unversity education again and we start paying tution just as it is being done in the UK which consequently will remove government involvement meaning no more reasons to strike and quanlity education that would hold it's own international. That way we would call the bluff of the UK high commissions. Just imagine how much they make from people prespecting for visas on a daily basis, damn they must be one of the highest revenue generating organ of the British economy at the expense of poor Nigerian, very painful
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by edmondo(m): 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2006
USA and CANADA are even worst than UK. i think we sh enact law that would not allow our polician children to study abroad or private university.may be if this can be done they wuld improve the standard o eucation in 9ja
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by soulpatrol(f): 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2006
hmm, it really pains me when i see what rubbish these countries put us through when trying to travel out. before i got my canadian student visa nko? sweat and tears, with lotsa lotsa prayers. wasn't easy at all. they make it look like they are God, and that they can tell you when and when not to go. i just wish nigeria will one day become a fianancially stable and independent country that won't take rubbish from all these countries and we can build our own economy and stay in it. thats why these people are treating us like this now angry no be their fault. rubbish! cry
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 11, 2006
I feel sorry for people losing their money to the UK embassy but i want to remind you that the UK government make their money through all these means, they tax anythin taxable, council tax,NI, e.t.c. but to be honest, DO U BLAME THEM?, why are nigerian trying to run from their country(me inclusive) we thought things are better here in the UK but lot of us now know how hard it is.

The truth of the matter is that they do not want africans anymore(quote me anywhere) there are thousands of eastern europeans here now, polish,czechs e.t.c next year the romanians r coming. These people are doing the jobs they refused to do and the jobs the british thinks are theirs, these people are doing it even at a lower rate.

They know lot of us are coming here to stay for life(student inclusive), how many people can afford to paid £7,500 for school fees. I think Nigeria as a nation should ashamed of herself, we got all things free of charge from the almigth God but we find it hard to put all these rresourcesto a good use, I WEEP FOR A NATION WHO SHOULD BE AMONG THE GREATEST BUT LOST IN THE FIELD OF POVERTY.

After fighting all your life to get a visa, what kind of life do u expect to get in UK? my bro. prepare for the worst, u wWillsee racism in flesh, u will see hatred, cheating and complete human degrading. I saw an incident some months ago, a gentleman, well dressed with a neat white shirt was going through the high street on a good monday morning, two young lads in a car got so close to him and spread a mixture of poo and wee on him from thier car window. This guy felt so bad and started crying, i gave him lift and a new shirt, he told me he's from Ghana on a student visa and he'e been looking for job for 6mths with no luck.

I am not saying is bad here but instead of spending all your family saving or sellling your home to come , why can't u do something in Nigeria, start a farm, fishing, poultry, anything.

I wish you the best but if u have another means, go for it, is not worth all the troubles.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by soulpatrol(f): 12:18am On Nov 12, 2006
@cool4ny. preach on, preacher! cool

you said it all. honstly our people need to know what is going on here as well. its not a bed of roses as it is painted out to be. if you aint white, forget about it. no matter how properly educated or decent you look, they still treat you like crap. i cant even remember how many times i wanted to just come home, after taking so much humilitation, be it from racism, discrimination - not finding a job, people being mean to me because im black, all sorts of things. its not fun at all. so yall just beware! living abroad can be good, but not all the time. you're bound to go through rough times and you better develop a thick skin.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by katherinae(f): 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2006
edmondo

i htink that is a great idea, if the politicians' kids stopped studying abroad we will definately see them puttin more effort intot the nigerian education system and may other systems as well.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by dudu1(m): 3:38am On Nov 13, 2006
[b]hey cool4ny. u have said it all . hmm guess u are right.
you see as we all know nigeria is a great country, nice, and rich
our leaders in the past have made life so hard that we are now used to hard ship. now if i may ask you when did you leave ur country? what did you go out there to do ? why are you not back yet? angry angry wink. yes i know what it is all about. so many of us really make life difficult for your parents and families after they must have suferred so had to raise money. you know as well as i know that our skools back here are nothing to write home about. with exeption of the few private skools arround. now these skools cost almost the same tuition fee wit skools there in uk.
now so many people cannot afford it. and the govement owned skools are , i can remember some years back my sister spent up to 9yeasr in the university of ABU to study accounting all in the name of strike and all it;s kind.
i beliv: in nigeria, i love my country but i can;t be subjected to what i see.
lets be frank, if our don:S, rich men that send thier children and students, and other nigerians that travel abroad like you can come back home to put in thier qouta to make our country a beta place then as for now i don;t think the whites will be treating us these bad.
the government of our country is bad, corroupt yes. what have we done to make it better.those how did it made a little mistake now wat do we do to make it beta. if governors ministers & thier sort can loot money from their country and invest in other countries wat do you think ? they are increasing the economy of those countries.
it is a clear fact dat uk, usa ca. en ors countires will continue getting money from us on visa fees,
but all i ask is these those of our niga guys wen don hit for there. make dem come back and make niga a better place.[/b][i][/i]
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by dudu1(m): 3:44am On Nov 13, 2006
hi choco,
forget these people. i think they are mad. i was at aduja {dana ltd} to retrive some of my documents. i meet these guy who was refused visa cos he paid 2m for tuition fee. they said he is to ambitious. angry
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by tassmal(m): 10:52am On Nov 13, 2006
i wish nigerians would boycott the embassies of america and britain for  week. that would them sit up. the make so much money from us that it is so lucrative for them to keep denying us visa, that to give us. they know we would try again and again since we are so travel-abroad crazy here. i wish we would wake up and smell the roses. instead of rush abroad we try to make this country work for us.(THAT WHAT THEY DONT WANT!)
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by algood(f): 11:22am On Nov 13, 2006
Hello guys,
following the trend of hw innocent Nigerians on genuine course are being denied visa at the embassy is highly alarming.

But the question i will ask is what can we do, what signifiacan effort cn we make when our so called leaders who ought to make things work are the ones who is making lifes so hard and difficult.

If the education sector back home here in Nigeria is souund and qualitative no ones will bother yo travel to uk or us to study.
lets take Ghana our neigbhouring country for example,they dont face the kind of insult and
embarrasment we face at the embassy here.Nigerias are now travelling to study in Ghana and yet we still claim the giant of Africa or Giant of Poverty and lack bearing and magnitude.

DuduI i quite agree with you and feel you but the question is how many Nigerias that have make it want to come back?
coming back to what?
to be 419, or killed by those who will envy them in their families.

I love my country and i beleive somuch in Nigeria but the question i keep asking is what is the problem and its there no solution out of all this mess.

we appear at the embassy, we are deny visa we stll go back as long as we are notasked not to come.

my brothers and sisters, i have my husband abroad i cant evn go and visit him, am dneied visa at the embassy based on reason best known to them.

its really a pathetic situation we are in, i do nt blame those out there who wont come back and those who want to leave the country.

Our leaders have been there, they saw it all because of wht they will eat and make out of office, they never bothered to give a solution a try
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2006
@all,
this job issue is serious, non - british residents are not getting good jobs anymore. And its worse if ure nigerian.
I recently attended a Lloyds TSB (Banking and Insurance firm) interview, i passed all the stages but when they saw my passport, i could see dissapointment on the face of the interviewers. My friend's 17 yr old girlfriend later got same job cos she's british. I almost cried ,Imagine losing £18,000 p.a job just cos im Nigerian.
p
Thats not the first time its happened at the last stage, i am 100% sure i wouldn't have suffered the same spate if i was in Nigeria
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by hbrednic: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2006
i will encourage fellow nigerians to stay home and make the best of your had earned money,instead of waisting it to finance the embassies that doesnt have respect for them.with the amount been thrown away to study abroad you can make the best of it investing at home.remember studing or living abroad is not a guarrantee for success in life.all is not gold out there.no place like home
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by LoverBwoy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2006
walelead:

@all,
this job issue is serious, non - british residents are not getting good jobs anymore. And its worse if ure nigerian.
I recently attended a Lloyds TSB (Banking and Insurance firm) interview, i passed all the stages but when they saw my passport, i could see dissapointment on the face of the interviewers. My friend's 17 yr old girlfriend later got same job because she's british. I almost cried ,Imagine losing £18,000 p.a job just because im Nigerian.
p
Thats not the first time its happened at the last stage, i am 100% sure i wouldn't have suffered the same spate if i was in Nigeria

sorry about that mate, unfortunately as they say " the bad people have spoilt the good people"

Nigerians and bristish banking system lipsrsealed,

Dont give up though you will hopefully meet some very nice people
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by souleymon(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2006
Its said that he who wears the shoe knows where it pains.after staying at home 4 more 2yrs upon obtaining a diploma in the polytechnic.
i made the year 2006 my travelling year, no matter the cost.i paid a deposit equivalent 2 300k nigeria currency,with genuine documents , i was bluuntly refused on the fact that i do not have the intention 2 come home and would work while in uk.
after that i have made 2 more trials.fellow members the result wasnt better.i have decided to strudy in Nigeria and help contribute to the growth of our Nation.Now i have been admitted 4 my HND without having 2 pay as much as i have made for visa application uk.i am going 2 study whole heartdly in 9ija and make Uk beg 4 my service in the Future.
i have always believed in Sound Sultan that says No place like home wink
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by candylips(m): 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2006
@Topic
If you have been refused .Have you tried appealing. I was also refused when i initially applied for a visa but i appealled. Although appeals take a very long time. Mine took 6 months, if you provide all the evidence Geninue in this respect and you counter all the reasons the entrance offficer gave for your refusal. You stand a better chance of getting the visa this is because Appeals are done in the UK and not in Nigeria
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2006
candylips:

@Topic
If you have been refused .Have you tried appealing. I was also refused when i initially applied for a visa but i appealled. Although appeals take a very long time. Mine took 6 months, if you provide all the evidence Geninue in this respect and you counter all the reasons the entrance offficer gave for your refusal. You stand a better chance of getting the visa this is because Appeals are done in the UK and not in Nigeria

i do agree with candylips, i know someone who was rejected a UK visa twice and has appealed on both occasions. his phone rang one morning and he was told to come collect his visa. No questions asked.

so if u really have solid plans and require to come to the UK, then keep trying. I think the embassy kind off lets you decide if you should really be in the UK by rejecting your application first.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by hbrednic: 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2006
must we waste valuable time,energy and money only to go to uk.i still maintain that been in uk is not a guarantee for sucess in life.we can all still make it at home ,where we have identity and not seen as invaders and second class.lets jion hands and make nigeria better
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2006
hbrednic:

must we waste valuable time,energy and money only to go to uk.i still maintain that been in uk is not a guarantee for sucess in life.we can all still make it at home ,where we have identity and not seen as invaders and second class.lets jion hands and make nigeria better
We are all saying the same thing, but our government is not helping. Ive been keeping in touch with developments in Nigeria and ive realized that its all the effort of entrepreneurs and private organisations.
its feels good to know that i can shop in a decent mall like Shoprite in lagos instead of going to Mushin market. these is a private initiative. There are things that only the govt can provide eg security, electricity and basic education. Without all these in place, im afraid people will still leave Nigeria in thier hundreds.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by candylips(m): 11:04pm On Nov 14, 2006
no hundreds of thousands
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by toshmann(m): 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2006
e go better cry cry cry cry
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by Darrenman: 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2006
Now lets face the fact: A Nigerian student intent on proceeding to the Uk for studies brings in all the genuine documents except for on thing- The Bank statement is genuine,probably contains about 15million naira and belongd to an afflent businessman who has collected a meagre 100,000K form this student to present his bank statement to the british embassy.

What the so-called student who claimed to have passed through the four walls of a university doesn't realise is that this staement has been presented several time before at the same embassy. so lets say 20 students pay 100,000 for the same statement, that make a cool 2million Naira for the businessman.

So who is wiser now?
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by candylips(m): 3:01am On Nov 16, 2006
;d
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by folaboy250(m): 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2006
well is not the fault of the british embassy, who do we blame, a government with no vision, wat a waste government, GOD will deal with all of dem, this year the embassy was just having fun denying, well things will change next year.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by bocamadias: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2006
The UK govt is weary of people who come Here and dont want to go back
If you believe you have been denied Visa unfairly why dont you Appeal?

Karl info.karl@gmail.com,
+447024020925
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by lioness(f): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2006
An appeal could take over a year before you can get a response.
And there isnt an assurance that your going to get a positive reponse.
You may make an appeal and still get denied and thats double trouble for you.

I suggest you know exactly why you were denied visa. Try to work on the reason before you go back to the embassy.
If you have a clean slate and a good and geniune bank account, there's no reason why they shouldnt give you a visa.

The truth is that most nigerians and in other countries, step up with fake bank accounts [uncles account, sponsors account etc] And the british people are consevative people. Once them mark u for wayo, they keep looking at you like that until u prove them otherwise.

So check your document VERY VERY well before running to the embassy.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by waleleader(m): 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2006
@lioness,
You need to realise that appealling a visa denial shows that youre confident, focused, your documents are original and that your reason fo travelling is genuine. It pays to appeal even if you lose.If you dont appeal, u will never get it a second time
The fact is that once u've been denied a visa by the Uk/US embassy, you passport has been stained for life. The only way to clean it is to fight your case and make sure they give you even if its at the tenth trial.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State / Employed But Relocating To Canada, Candid Advice Needed! / Why Do Foreign Embassies Reject Our Nigerian Traditional Weddings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.