Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC (29948 Views)

Ekiti Labour Leaders Flog Workers For Not Observing Strike / Governor Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Backing APC / Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Kennyroy24(f): 6:10am On Jan 26, 2016

For allegedly supporting the All Progressives Congress during the just-concluded governorship poll in Bayelsa State, the Seriake Dickson administration has marked no fewer than 500 civil servants for sanctions, The PUNCH has learnt.

It was learnt on Monday that the affected civil servants might not receive their salaries for the months of December and January, as part of their punishment for being pro-APC in the election.

Already, the action of the government has started generating tension in the state.

Dickson was re-elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, defeating former Governor Timipre Sylva of the APC and Moses Siasia of the Peoples Democratic Movement.

The Independent National Electoral Commission conducted the governorship election, marred by violence, on December 5 and 6, and the supplementary poll on January 9, 2016.

The government was said to have set up ‘a special committee’ in each of the eight local government areas of the state to ‘take note of civil servants who are pro-APC’ before and during the election.

The action of the government cuts across the various Ministries, Departments and Agencies, affecting civil servants who are within grade levels eight and 17.

It was learnt that the directive to punish the ‘unpatriotic’ civil servants was based on the report submitted by the ‘special committee’ shortly after INEC declared Dickson winner of the election on January 10, 2016.

Their names had been forwarded to the Due Process Bureau which operates the automated payroll system of the state government for ‘necessary action’.

The directive was said to have emanated from the office of the Secretary to the State Government and routed through the office of the Head of Service (HoS) to the Due Process Bureau, headed by Dickson’s Special Adviser on Treasury Matters, Mr. Timi Seipulo, for implementation.

It was further learnt that workers of the state broadcasting corporation and the sports council were the worst hit by the action of the government.

One of the affected workers said it was the accountant in their establishment that hinted them that their names were not on the payroll for December and January.

The civil servant, who pleaded anonymity because of fear of retribution, explained that when they took their complaints to the Due Process last week, they were told to seek clarification at the office of the HoS, Mr. Peter Singabele.

He said the HoS confirmed to them it was “the truth of the matter.”

“After the accountant told us that our names have been removed from the payroll because we had sympathy for the APC, we went to the Due Process, and there, we were told us to go to the HoS.

“On his part, the HoS told us that it is the truth of the matter and that the instruction was from the Secretary to the State Government office.”

When contacted, Singabele declined to comment on the matter over the phone, querying, “How do you think I will speak on that kind of matter over the phone”?

But attempts to get his reaction in his office as of press time were futile, as he was repeatedly said to be very busy.

http://www.punchng.com/dickson-sanctions-500-workers-for-supporting-apc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by gozmok1(m): 6:12am On Jan 26, 2016
we dont want apc in s.s

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by 2kris(m): 6:16am On Jan 26, 2016
At least he is soft.some association of present criminal will just approve mass sacking.bt dy other guys dnt think like that

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by merry02(m): 6:53am On Jan 26, 2016
Better!

6 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Daintelectual(m): 7:08am On Jan 26, 2016
As a civil servant stay away from politics till you are retired!

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 26, 2016
No.. No.. No... everyone has to right to association. .Please. .. because the Dongoyaro figure head at Aso rock does it, doesnt mean Dickson should. .. Please sor forgive them......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2016
Rochas would've sacked em long ago

26 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Meiji(m): 8:35am On Jan 26, 2016
Daintelectual:
As a civil servant stay away from politics till you are retired!

Shouldn't this also apply to those who were pro-PDP? Or are you saying there were no civil servants who openly supported Dickson for reelection?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by mycar: 8:52am On Jan 26, 2016
In as much as I do not believe in this story, a saying goes by " if you are not with me, then you are against me and if at all the story is true, then, those civil servant must have over stepped the boundary.

7 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Daintelectual(m): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Meiji:

Shouldn't this also apply to those who were pro-PDP? Or are you saying there were no civil servants who openly supported Dickson for reelection?
The same fate would have befallen them if sylva won!

38 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Oildichotomy(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
I am never in support of vindictive politics. Even if Daura D is doing it to massage his gworo does not mean Seriake should toe the same line.

Dickson please drop it, Don't lose my respect this early

1 Like

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by emperorchedda(m): 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
What a silly governor! So those civil servant that supported PDP were non-partisan right??

He should have simply sanctioned ALL the civil servants that were involved in politics

The man is just threatened by APC growing presence in the state

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by lielbree: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good move

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by ariesbull: 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Kennyroy24:

http://www.punchng.com/dickson-sanctions-500-workers-for-supporting-apc/

I totally support this move

One party that is not meant to be supported are the APC ...bunch of miserable miscarriages miscreants

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Sunnycliff(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
But civil servants are meant to be apolitical, I stand to be corrected though. But why should they wallow in the muddy waters and mire of Nigeria vindictive politics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by BeClever: 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
Rochas would've sacked em long ago

Rochas has done it already. Eye for an eye.. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
smiley
Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Stanbeto: 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good for them. 2face people :-P

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by thorbar(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
People and beef sha.....wetin concern work wit politics
Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by HoLEEsinner: 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
Politics

1 Like

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Houseofglam7(f): 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
He's vexing

1 Like

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
This is madness if true. Bayelsa state civil service does not belong to APC or PDP, it doesn't belong to Dickson or Sylva, it belongs to Bayelsa people. The civil servants are employees of Bayelsa people and not Gov Dickson. He can't punish people for exercising their right to freely vote.

17 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by ernesty20(m): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good one.. Apc is an evil party

6 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by BeClever: 4:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Meiji:

Why should he punish those that supported him.. Is that what Buhari thought him.. He has learnt from the master of vindictiveness.

Good for them, maybe he should have killed them too, just like Buhari has done and is still doing..

Wailers Oya, attack me now.. tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Owoblog: 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
Oh, they are in hot water for their party affiliations

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by jay89(m): 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
I'm sure the did not read their staff hand book wia it prohibit active civil servants from partisan politics. He can do as he wish

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by M4gunners: 4:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
Bubu thank you for the division. Proudly 5%.

6 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by EbiJUNIRO(m): 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hmm
Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by 2rutalk1: 4:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
They deserve outright sack for dinning with the evil Party.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
Not right.This is a democracy.

M4gunners:
Bubu thank you for the division. Proudly 5%.

And how many federal civil servants have lost their jobs for voting PDP in the last election?

4 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by tafrica(m): 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
I condemned this immediately I read the news in the morning. This is wrong in all manners. Civil servants deserve to associate with any political party of their choices. Why should Dickson punish them? Are they his political appointees?

This trend of punishing people or states that don't vote us is wrong, No thanks to Baba's vindictive 5% vs 97% statement, our president should have been the one to lead by example.

Same manner I condemned Buhari's 5% vs 97% statement, I condemn this wicked act and dictatorial act.

Let people peacefully make their political preferences without being hunted.

I hate APC, but it's just a pity PDP isn't acting like a reformed alternative.

Dickson, be benevolent in victory, pay workers' salaries!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC by pyyxxaro: 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sai Seriake Prickson

Sai Jonathan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Social Media Bill: Protesters Storm National Assembly (Photos) / Sanusi: I Warned Buhari’s Govt That Its Policies Will Destroy Nigeria’s Economy / Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.