Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge (46021 Views)

Who Else Got This New Bank Charge Notification / Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily / Govt May Earn N2.5b Daily From Stamp Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by freemanike(m): 3:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
my own opinion is that d fg should deduct d money once in a month or yr for d sake of d student,jobles graduate and poor masses who live by money sent to them on daily,weekly and month basis.in quote roman was not built in a day.thanks
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by wizkidblogger(f): 3:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
MinorityTribe:
Abeg o i be student. So if my popsman send N3000 and you deduct N50, Banks too deduct their own share wetin go remain? And you know you must leave some certain amout of money in the bank(You can't redraw everything). Also the lowest i can redraw is N500. Out of N3000 na only N2000 i go fit redraw o. Make una pity students na. Unless you want to use the N2.5b Daily for the students.

I believe the student acct is a savings acct. So, it won't affect you...
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by nafiachi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nigeria is one of the largest market in the world, we should be able to do even more by ourselves, I believe this is a good one, citizens just need to be more aware of things like this so that one can organise his banking transactions better.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by godwinkessi: 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
omenka:
I have faith the money would be used judiciously and not embezzled in such a brazen and callous manner as witnessed in previous admins.

For all those who would flood here to throw tantrums, do this little math:

Your Hero was taxing Nigerians over 30 naira per litre of fuel. If you buy just 2litres, you've been "taxed" 60 naira. Do an estimate of the amount the government was making with regards to out total daily consumption- that was what they were realising under the phantom SURE-p. Pray tell, what exactly did they do with all that money??

Can't wait for a comprehensive probe of that programme- I'm sure we'd stumble on another gargantuan "gate".

Seems the only problem u have in ur life now is past administration, the present admn should do anything u don't care cos u are still living in the past admin. I'm sure it's the past admin alone that ruined Nigeria Cos obj now is in APC. Have u ever wondered how stup.id u will look if GEJ should enter APC? Which song would u be singing if that happens. See let's just leave party affiliation and reason once as a person.

Politicians are selfish. U and I know that. So why are u just foaming from ur mouth about things u should be mad at.

We still have a very long way to go
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by tooman: 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
PAINGAIN:
Na wao. Over 2billion a day if there r 50million transactions or atleast over 1billion if its 25million transactions per day. This one is more than one chance walahi. This one is done. Now unto the next phase which is finding more ways to milk nigerians dry. Buhari will make sure nigerians pay dearly for rejecting him for 12 years and wasted his money. Now its payback time. My only consolation is that his gullible supporters will also pay the 50 naira. Una never chin chum chin.
Na WA at you oh
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
phemmie06:

I hear say salary account is excluded
well that's good but what abt others bro
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by MadCow1: 4:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
PAINGAIN:
Na wao. Over 2billion a day if there r 50million transactions or atleast over 1billion if its 25million transactions per day. This one is more than one chance walahi. This one is done. Now unto the next phase which is finding more ways to milk nigerians dry. Buhari will make sure nigerians pay dearly for rejecting him for 12 years and wasted his money. Now its payback time. My only consolation is that his gullible supporters will also pay the 50 naira. Una never chin chum chin.

What is wrong with the 50 Naira Service Charge?

Tax, most of una no dey pay..

Oil price don drop so no supplementary money to make up as we are now selling at a loss.

Yet una expect the Government to provide una with everything.. Where una want make the money come from.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by whitestar01(m): 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
Chei all de money we made from oil was lavished on luxury life style of those devilish leaderz, carried out to diaspora for their personal investment. Now that oil has been grounded , what will now be source of de revenue for continueous stealin? Chai, masses will now contribute at their own detriment, when a poor naija lives below 1$ a day.
Those that are consolin themselves thinkin he will use it wisely pls hav ask urself what ur presido has achieved except spendin the one we hav on travelin around de world without buyin any idea from developed world leaders ,smh. GOD PERSONALLY U NO AM IN UR HAND FOR EVERYTHING, THANK YOU. As for these leaderz bear one thin in ur mind u re doomed.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
it is just N50 on N1000 deposits that does not include salary accounts.... did you know that oil prices are falling? where does the government get money for projects and to fund the budget?

Proudlyngwa:
Even though I believe this policy should be scrapped, as it will have negative effects on small and medium scale enterprises using the cashless mediums, it is a policy that was brought up in the last administration so stop blaming APC

MOFO
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Rexyl(m): 4:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
Idrismusty97:
So long as it is used effectively no problem. By the end of this administration, After all the loopholes are properly blocked, TSA is effectively utilized, Wastage eliminated and our Tax system is in standard like in developed Nations. Nigeria will come to appreciate and realized how much more revenue we could have been making yearly.

but that kind of revenue would be called tax or what? Something else must have happened if government couldn't find other way of making money other resorting to fraud. For Christ sake how can you be satisfied that your transaction through the bank will cost you N50 whenever it is N1000 and above. So some people can be satisfied with that kind of illegal deduction.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Angelovic96: 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
mbv90:
This is just the beginning!!! Buhari is just starting, welcome to change,

wait make i understand this if i payin money for person account i go give that bank N50 abeg make una clear me for this thing
wat of buhari wey dey travel up and down dat moni wey ehmi dey use dey travel u sure say dem dey collect tax abi na vat
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
Oladipupo22:

Your blindness to facts is well noted! The law is Stamp Duties Act 2004!

Dont make good people like us use curse words Please...

Good people like you, abeg spare me that lie.
If it is in existence since 2004 how is it APC's fault as they person I quoted claimed. Looks like you just Like picking quarrels as you have nothing to do.
I only asked it should be reviewed, what is wrong with that.

The policy complies with the provisions of the Stamp Duty Act 2004 and the Federal Government of Nigeria’s (FGN) Financial Regulation of 2009.

“With immediate effect, all DMBs and other financial institutions shall commence the charging of N50 per eligible transaction in accordance with the provisions of the Stamp Duties Act and Federal Government Financial Regulations 2009, that is, all receipts given by any bank or other financial institution in acknowledgment of services rendered in respect of electronic transfer and teller deposits from N1, 000 and above.''

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/fg-imposes-n50-stamp-duty-on-bank-customers/

Hope you know where the last administration in my posts come from before you continue with your busybody
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by DONFASZY(m): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
I got 170 cash deposit n N287 was deducted...its was painful

sendin usd340 via bank wesstern union or money gram for about 73k...

bt no way for 2weeks in bank every early moni....dey ve exceeded d limit....

I ve no choice bt to send usin my dom acct dat was blocked for FX cash deposit. ..got USD @ N305

sent N110k lost N37k

CBN cancels sales of USD to BDC....sellin for few licenced BDC at limit of USD10k

d question is....mhw do we cope?
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
TeOwl:
it is just N50 on N1000 deposits that does not include salary accounts.... did you know that oil prices are falling? where does the government get money for projects and to fund the budget?

There are other avenues for government to generate cash, much more cash lying dormant,do I look like father Christmas.
If they want to kill they cashless environment for small and medium scale businesses, they should know the consequences will be more burglaries.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by don4real18(m): 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
I can save my money under my bed
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by ibisko04: 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
omenka:
I have faith the money would be used judiciously and not embezzled in such a brazen and callous manner as witnessed in previous admins.

Your Hero was taxing Nigerians over 30 naira per litre of fuel. If you buy just 2litres, you've been "taxed" 60 naira. Do an estimate of the amount the government was making with regards to out total daily consumption- that was what they were realising under the phantom SURE-p. Pray tell, what exactly did they do with all that money??

Can't wait for a comprehensive probe of that programme- I'm sure we'd stumble on another gargantuan "gate".

More grease to your elbow. Tough time deserve tough measure.
There must be a way out of this dwindling revenue to run the country.
Citizens must develop a way of monitoring government expenditures now that we will be paying taxes through our banking system.
No more free money to steal. Projects must be the one that will become beneficiaries to the people in the shortest of time.
Government officials must reduce their frivolous life style.
Every Nigerians will now have interests in how much the nation is making and how much we are spending from our daily taxes.

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by BurukutuMallam: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Papa Faith
Suffering and smilling
Hunger dey town o
Ghen Ghen..Bubu just dey denge dey come out...Take your N50 chanji

omenka:

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by CaptPlanet(m): 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
THUNDER
!!!!!
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Gaskia: 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
This will discourage business people using POS and other e-channels. Imagine those having to receive payments of N1000.00 and above from at least 100 customers, aside the 1.25% charge of POS volume, the merchant loses additional N5000.00
Merchants will now prefer cash so that they can deposit once as a single transaction and lose only N50.00
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by LastProphet: 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
most Nigerians are not aware that the same cbn that is enacting this law pays a retiring director :
1) about N150m as gratuity or severance pay
2) N1.2m per month as pension till death
3) These are all after earning about N3m per month before retirement which i heard Emiefele has even increased.

this is the same thing in many MDAs like ncc, nerc, ptad. tetfund, bpe, dpr, pef, ptdf, firs, nbet, and countless others while the youths waste away. thankfully the youths are preoccupied with tontos cleavage and mercy johnsons ass even as they hopelessly waste away.
and lastly the pastors reassure the hopeless that 'their turn is coming, hallelujah '!
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by kurt09(m): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Basildvalour:
Just tell whoever is paying the money in for you to use your name as the depositor and register the transaction as SELF
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by shugaboy6102(m): 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
Themaingate:

REDRAW? STUDENT INDEED
y are u harsh now. Didn't u notice he used pidgin english.some how with Africans
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by adegeye38(m): 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
personal transactions are exempted meaning if you want to pay in or withdraw from your account you dont need to pay, only if you are paying into another account
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by lcoral(f): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
True talk. Since this deduction started no one nigeria economist nor human right activist have come out or even written a published article on the subject matter. But if its to hover corrupt leaders u will seen bringing their turquoise head out of their shell and ranting over d media and social media.

ochukofortune:
This is the case of using peter's money to settle paul's problem. #50 is too big to be deducted from poor nigerians. Businesses are folding up, people are getting sack and instead of the government to seek better investment strategies, they instead want to squeeze the remaining drops of water from the throat of the masses. It is a pity that nigerians just overlook a lot of shit that are happening. This can't happen in South Africa or even Ghana. This is a Ponzi scheme by our own government.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by jediwice(m): 7:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
MinorityTribe:
Abeg o i be student. So if my popsman send N3000 and you deduct N50, Banks too deduct their own share wetin go remain? And you know you must leave some certain amout of money in the bank(You can't redraw everything). Also the lowest i can redraw is N500. Out of N3000 na only N2000 i go fit redraw o. Make una pity students na. Unless you want to use the N2.5b Daily for the students.

Take your time to read this part of the Post

However, only transfers from personal account
to another personal account, both at the same
bank or another bank are exempted from the
charge.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Oladipupo22: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Good people like you, abeg spare me that lie.
If it is in existence since 2004 how is it APC's fault as they person I quoted claimed. Looks like you just Like picking quarrels as you have nothing to do.
I only asked it should be reviewed, what is wrong with that.

The policy complies with the provisions of the Stamp Duty Act 2004 and the Federal Government of Nigeria’s (FGN) Financial Regulation of 2009.

“With immediate effect, all DMBs and other financial institutions shall commence the charging of N50 per eligible transaction in accordance with the provisions of the Stamp Duties Act and Federal Government Financial Regulations 2009, that is, all receipts given by any bank or other financial institution in acknowledgment of services rendered in respect of electronic transfer and teller deposits from N1, 000 and above.''

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/fg-imposes-n50-stamp-duty-on-bank-customers/

Hope you know where the last administration in my posts come from before you continue with your busybody

The last administration started in 2010 so what's with all these you're saying?

Move abeg
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by chloee(f): 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
omenka:

You are disgrace to your generation
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by BraniacX(m): 1:16am On Jan 27, 2016
scribble:
If you voted APC and come here to complain, the thunder that will fire you is in an ISIS training camp

Mofos

[size=30]AMEN!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by BraniacX(m): 1:21am On Jan 27, 2016
drshrewd:
very creative policy with minimal burden yet with so much return____close to a trillion naira a year. trust Buhari to utilize those monies unlike my stealing is not corruption brother grin
kindly check into the nearest available psych ward undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by KMIKE22: 3:12am On Jan 27, 2016
is not just tax this, tax that. But to use the money and better the life of poor masses, e.g. unemployed graduates on the street, CONTRACT WORKERS in the banking sectors should be abolished, they known as professional slave or modern day slavery, government should focus on youths etc
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:09am On Jan 27, 2016
Oladipupo22:

The last administration started in 2010 so what's with all these you're saying?

Move abeg

Stay there they deceive yourself,
Who was the vice president then
Who was the Senate president then.
Abeg face your side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Bank Accounts Called 'aza' In Nigeria? / Updated: Sortcodes And Address Of Gtbank / Today's Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.