Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge (45777 Views)

Who Else Got This New Bank Charge Notification / Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily / Govt May Earn N2.5b Daily From Stamp Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by ThreeGEEKS(m): 7:33am On Jan 27, 2016
And the looting begins all over again
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Stylaay(m): 7:45am On Jan 27, 2016
This policy is daylight robbery. I tranfered money from one of my account to another and FCMB slammed that N50 stamp on the deposit slip. They also deducted 216 naira in a day for SMS charges. Why is this government making this difficult. The banks are reaping customers off with no organ of government supervising these illegal deductions.

The value of the naira has fallen, interest rate in banks remain high, cost of foodstuff and living rising by the day and we are being taxed on all fronts. This government is gonna make life difficult this year
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2016
I think charge should be 1% on transaction of N1,000 or higher for individuals and 1.5% for medium to large firms with certain minimal turnover.

A person transacting N1,000 is charged N10.

A person transacting N100m is charged N1m

The super-rich must be made to pay their fair share.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by mindtricks: 9:04am On Jan 27, 2016
drshrewd:
very creative policy with minimal burden yet with so much return____close to a trillion naira a year. trust Buhari to utilize those monies unlike my stealing is not corruption brother grin

President Buhari is yet to do enough to earn such trust of many. His time is fast running out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by mindtricks: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2016
GenBuhari:
I think charge should be 1% on transaction of N1,000 or higher for individuals and 1.5% for medium to large firms with certain minimal turnover.

A person transacting N1,000 is charged N10.

A person transacting N100m is charged N1m

The Super-rich must be made to pay their fair share.
Its one thing to increase the tax budden on the people with more promises. Yet its another thing to actually using more revenue generated for the purposes meant for.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by kevoh(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2016
Why do you guys keep saying salary accounts are excluded? angry As a matter of fact all types of accounts are involved!

However SALARY DEPOSITS by your agency (not salary accounts) will not be taxed. Digest this info slowly!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today's Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky / Fatima Aliko Dangote And Her Mother At Her Wedding Dinner (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.