Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. (78139 Views)

The Nigerian Television Fashion Show 2015(ntfs)guys Come In And Steal A Style / Man Bleaches His Skin With Acid To Look Like Michael Jackson / ~ Street Style! Get Inspired Or Steal A Style! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by hadji127(m): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2009
Is a brother.

I pray is music plays forever.
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by echofamozo(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2009
rest in peace jackson,
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by arctega: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2009
This is For Micheal jackson, my favs are - we are the world, speechless, heal the world,

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by deeath: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2009
i recall doind the moonwalk infront of everyone at school and i felt like MJ. my younger brother could really dance like him and entertain everyone in a party, he is part of everyone life.
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by deeath: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2009
i recall doing the moonwalk infront of everyone at school and i felt like MJ. my younger brother could really dance like him and entertain everyone in a party, he is part of everyones life.
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by Izunwa(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2009
finally he is going 2experience real peace. no walkin around under umbrella, nose falling off at the least provocation, child abuse litigations. rip wacko jacko.
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by maedan(f): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2009
Funny how the same people influenced by his style and music (Usher, Neyo, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake etc) are the same people who made it impossible for him to fit into this new hip-hop era. He was just in a class of his own. They say go when the ovation is loudest, but he didn't even get that last ovation. Sad.
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by swag: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2009
its really bad news but hey we've all got to go one day. its quite funny how ppl bad mouthed and dissed him, now we all mourn him. he was someone we all loved to hate and now we hate to see him go. Thats life!
All d same he wuz best at what we did,
R.I.P KING OF POP!
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by ayobase(m): 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2009
hmmmmm!!!
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by WarfyBoy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2009
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by kamalydeen(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2009
Jackson's life was cut shockingly and mysteriously short just as he planned his comeback.

sadpassing of an icon sad sad

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by LadyT(f): 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2009
Can everyone please watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xJlyJgfS8

He suffered really badly at the hands of the media
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by sley4life(m): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2009
The question i keep asking is which country is MJ really from? He is black, but where does he hail from. Some say nigeria others say congo, some say america but where is his foster home.
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by Ikomi(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2009
[size=30pt]Michael Rules.[/size]

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfskGi1RBk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by fyneguy: 10:32pm On Jun 27, 2009
Hmmm the whites MJ sought to be identified with by doing plastic surgery and all what not, were the same people who ensured his fall through media and judicial wars.

Just as he was retracing his root back to the Black world by involving people like Rev. Jesse Jackson and others, in his comeback bid, one might not rule out his dogged adversaries' involvement in his sudden death.

RIP Miko
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by SamMilla1(m): 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2009
the music god, i never believe he will die so soon,
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by royalicon(m): 11:41pm On Jun 27, 2009
Unique Dressing, Superb Dance, Angelic Voice, Award Winning Albums etc. Kudos.
RIP M.J.
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by darmilorla(f): 12:24am On Jun 28, 2009
cry cry cry, cant still believe hez gone, just like dat, ile aye yi sha,
MJ ur always in my heart, ur music lives on, u'll never b forgoten for generations 2 come,
RIP Micheal, sad sad
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by EmmalexG(m): 12:30am On Jun 28, 2009
Micheal is a real icon to de whole world.
MJJ i really miss you.
Rest in peace
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by SeanT21(f): 2:26am On Jun 28, 2009
fyneguy:

Hmmm the whites MJ sought to be identified with by doing plastic surgery and all what not, were the same people who ensured his fall through media and judicial wars.

Just as he was retracing his root back to the Black world by involving people like Rev. Jesse Jackson and others, in his comeback bid, one might not rule out his dogged adversaries' involvement in his sudden death.

RIP Miko

MJ was not trying to be white. He had a disease. Get a mind of your own and stop believing everything U read in the media!! embarassed
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by mohawkchic(f): 3:31am On Jun 28, 2009
~There is a Tribute Thread on Celebrities Section . . .I wud Very Much appreciate if you all Posted all tributes on that thread! Thank You. . . Link Below

Drop A Tribute To Micheal Jackson Here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-288741.0.html

~This thread Is About MJ's Style & Influence on Fashion. . .
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by tpiah: 4:38am On Jun 28, 2009
sley4life:

The question i keep asking is which country is MJ really from? He is black, but where does he hail from. Some say nigeria others say congo, some say america but where is his foster home.

He's an American from the state of Indiana and I dont understand your question.

He spent some time in Bahrain, if that helps.
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by Thor(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2009
RIP TORTURED SOUL!

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by Thor(m): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2009
RIP Totured MJ

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by IFELEKE(m): 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2009
sad sad sad. . .Am trying hard not to cry. . .
Nice compilations spiked,it's loaded with memories. . .
He Came, He Saw, He Conquered BUT He Ruined His Conquest With Vain Materialistic Tendencies.
What An Ironic Life For An Embattled Soul.
He Never Enjoyed His Childhood Because Of The Twin Effect Of Early Fame And Fame Mismanagement.
Fare Thee Well Great One As You Moon Walk Your Way To The Other Realm. . .
With Great Lessons For The Living.

Adieu.

Below are my contributions. . .
Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by IFELEKE(m): 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2009
CHILD'S PLAY
Despite his ever-present smile in photos (like this one circa 1970), life at home in the Jackson household was anything but happy. Jackson spoke out about the childhood abuse he endured at the hands of his father during a lengthy 1993 interview with Oprah Winfrey. And in the 2003 documentary Living with Michael Jackson, the singer told interviewer Martin Bashir that during Jackson 5 rehearsals, father Joe "sat in the chair and he had this belt in his hand. If you didn't do it the right way, he would tear you up, really get you."

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by IFELEKE(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2009
LITTLE SIS
Though he and sister Janet (pictured in 1972) were close as siblings, Jackson had his typical big brother moments, like nicknaming her Dunk because of her size. "You look like a donkey, you're so big," he said. Years later, in 2001, the pair teamed up for the edgy song and video "Scream," which earned them a Grammy nomination. "Everyone sees he is different. There's no question about that," she said in 2007. "He's my brother. I love him regardless."

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by IFELEKE(m): 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2009
FUNNY GUY
During a 1972 appearance on The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour, Jackson showed off his funny bone. "I can't make up my mind whether to be a jet pilot, an astronaut or the governor of Georgia," deadpanned Michael when Bono asked what he wanted to be when he grew up. In his teen years, Jackson (who that year earned an Oscar nomination for Best Song for "Ben") struggled with self-esteem issues – especially about his acne and a nose he felt was too big. "I think every child star suffers through this period because you're not the cute and charming child that you were," he told Oprah Winfrey in '93.

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by IFELEKE(m): 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2009
BAND OF BROTHERS
After leaving Motown Records in 1975, Jackson and his brothers changed their name from the Jackson 5 to the Jacksons, releasing six albums between 1976 and 1984. At the time, Michael was the group's lead songwriter, and the period produced hits like "Can You Feel It." Simultaneously, the singer was striking out on his own, pursuing solo projects like 1978's film The Wiz and his celebrated solo album Off the Wall.

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by IFELEKE(m): 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2009
GOOD TIMES
Teaming up with longtime pal Diana Ross, Jackson celebrated The Wiz's premiere with a bash on Oct. 24, 1978. The two shared a common history and career trajectory, each getting their start as a part of Motown groups before forging solo careers. While they maintained a professional relationship – Jackson later wrote and produced Ross's 1982 single "Muscles" – the two maintained a personal connection over the years.

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by IFELEKE(m): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2009
A BRICK IN THE 'WALL'
After his successful turn in The Wiz, Jackson released his fifth solo album, Off the Wall, on Aug. 10, 1979. Coproduced by friend Quincy Jones, the Grammy-winning album spawned hit singles like "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" and "Rock with You." "He had it all …talent, grace, professionalism and dedication," Jones said in a statement after learning about Jackson's death. "He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever.

Re: Michael Jackson: A Style Retrospective. by IFELEKE(m): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2009
KING OF POP:
MOON LANDING
It was the moment that had kids everywhere trying to walk backwards: Jackson, in cropped pants and loafers, debuted the smooth-sliding "moonwalk," one of the most iconic dance moves ever choreographed, during the 1983 primetime special Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever. Singing with his brothers and solo, he performed his hit "Billie Jean" – and left the audience screaming for more. He later reprised the moment at the 1995 MTV Video Music Awards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout What A Wedding Guest Wore For The Event Today (Pics/Video) / Lady Buys Python Skin Handbag In Port-Harcourt, Neigbour Sees It & Faints (Photo / "Is This A Human Being?": Lady's Heavy Make Up Photos Got People Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.