Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Women After Abortion. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Women After Abortion. (12017 Views)

Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine / Doctor Arraigned For Allegedly Killing A Woman During Abortion / No Menstration For Over A Month After Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women After Abortion. by tommy2k2(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2009
@wonderbob
tot i saw u come out of that hospital in ur street (name witheld),did u went to buy some drugs for ur malaria?? grin
Re: Women After Abortion. by Hauwa1: 8:27pm On Jun 29, 2009

you really made me laugh with your first post grin grin
Re: Women After Abortion. by 190: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2009

kini big deal wit abortion

look @ wot they are saying
who amongst dem here hasnt done it b4
especially nland babes and nland guy's babes

dont make me call names oh angry

1 Like

Re: Women After Abortion. by Enockia(m): 1:40am On Jun 30, 2009
women after abotion are like a bulldog eatin mayonise
Re: Women After Abortion. by oyinda3(f): 1:51am On Jun 30, 2009
women in such situation can struggle with anxiety and depression for a long time. especially if their pregnancy has lasted for longer than a simple abortion pill will be able to terminate. going through surgical termination is more overwhelming. I feel even worse for the doctors that have this as their occupation.

some other women (such as prostitutes or women in places with low contraceptive education etc), probably, are better conditioned not to feel much emotions after abortion. just a survival skill i guess.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2009/04/01/should-i-tell-my-husband-about-our-daughters-devastating-secret/
^ this is a good article from bellanaija that is interesting to read and at the same time veryy relevant to the topic at hand.
Re: Women After Abortion. by Akinagirl(f): 3:28am On Jun 30, 2009
Hmm. Yeah some women have long term psychological problems after abortion. Many regret it. I know some women who actually regreted it all. She is still trying for a kid now. undecided
Re: Women After Abortion. by oyinda3(f): 4:13am On Jun 30, 2009
http://www.pregnancycenters.org/abortion.html

here is another link that has a lot of details about abortion procedures and impacts. the methods are quite graphic and i feel for the women who go through those abortions undecided
Re: Women After Abortion. by JJYOU: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2009
oyinda.:

here is another link that has a lot of details about abortion procedures and impacts. the methods are quite graphic and i feel for the women who go through those abortions undecided
oyinda.:

abortion is one of the most wicked industry of nigeria
Re: Women After Abortion. by luxoire(f): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2009
it is choice and your view on whether it is wrong or not depends on WHEN you think life begins in the womb.

is it at conception? fertilisation? embyro, foetus? or full blown baby? (later stages of formation generally)

I am PRO-CHOICE - yes let all the christians who want to insult me, tell me it is a sin, but when you are btwn the devil and the deep blue sea, and it is hard decision, sometimes ppl do it for the right reasons. be it health wise, psychologically, fianancially.
Obviously it is a last resort and should not be used as a regular method of contraception (these kinds of girls annoy me)
Re: Women After Abortion. by skfa1: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2009
my own question is , if someone has done abortion b4 , can she still get pregnant in her live again?
Re: Women After Abortion. by babymi2(f): 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2009
if God wish
Re: Women After Abortion. by tpiah: 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2009
some women have up to 7.

I guess after the first few they dont feel anything.

but why not use contraception?
Re: Women After Abortion. by JJYOU: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2009
tpiah:

some women have up to 7.

I guess after the first few they dont feel anything.

but why not use contraception?
sadly it is cheaper in naija to abort than buy cintraception for say 3 months.
Re: Women After Abortion. by Parole(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2009
All have spoken (well).

There should be a remorse after the "act".

A minute, let the one who has not been

affected directly or otherwise be

the first to cast a "stone"!!!
Re: Women After Abortion. by kok(m): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2009
No be small thing o.
There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with abortion as long as it is done for the right reason. So Should abortion be legalize or not
Re: Women After Abortion. by kok(m): 8:42pm On Jul 03, 2009
easy
Re: Women After Abortion. by wrex001(m): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ JJYOU

Thanks for the link.

"Most women who struggle with past abortions say that they wish they had been told all of the facts about abortion and its risks."

The aim of this topic is to avoid the had I known cry. So sincere advice based on experience should be posted here.
Re: Women After Abortion. by 190: 6:38am On Jul 06, 2009
well i wud still say it
Kini big deal wit abortion
aint sometin new
and peeps do it evryday
bt i wont let my woman near any hospital 4 it sha!
Re: Women After Abortion. by izeek(m): 8:50am On Jul 06, 2009
@iice,
this preganacy sorry thread has stayed too long,
am aborting it now.
get the theater ready and my tools aswell.
Re: Women After Abortion. by Mantled(m): 10:42am On Jul 06, 2009
Abortion is very wrong b/4 God nd man,it is selfish considering ur self esteem which is the reason in most cases, with out considering the life nd future of the poor little child in the womb, besides any lady who undergoes such never comes out thesame, both phisically nd psycologically.
Re: Women After Abortion. by sweetpie23: 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2009
abortion is bad
Re: Women After Abortion. by kalmebad(f): 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2009
Can see lots of guys condeming this, the same guys that will reject women and deny the pregancy when a gf finds herself in this situation, What other option do u leave them with??

Yes abortion is totally wrong and unacceptable, we all kwn that without doubt

But no one wished to find herself in this situation and not a case that one should glorify on, it often happens by accident and ignorance.

@poster
Am wondering y u feel u can get the answer u so desire
Do you have a sister? i bet she is not exclusive of this? ask her to tell you what it feels like, ur gf can also be of help, helping u the fix d puzzels where it possible

In totally, it's an awful experience, the trauma always stick on

But if God forgives, who are we to condem
Re: Women After Abortion. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
To me, I don’t think it’s totally wrong. Sometimes it’s done for the right reasons. I have a friend who did it cos she started having complications in her second month of pregnancy. Mind you, she’s married with two kids already.

Then I have this lady friend that married her husband without knowing they were both AS. Now about 15 years after the marriage, 3 of their children have dies from Sickle Cell. Now she gets pregnant, goes for genetic testing and aborts it if it’s SS.

I also know of a Girl who thought all her life that she was AA because she did the test once and found the results told her she was AA. Then she fell in love with a guy that was AS. She got pregnant and they decided to get married. Only for them to go for the compulsory genetic testing and find out she was AS. They had to do several tests and all of them resulted to her being AS. She had no choice but to abort the baby and break up without her Fiancée; because she doesn’t want to live a life of abortions and genetic testing’s.

As awful as the procedure is, there’s a reason it was invented in the first place. People do it for the right reasons sometimes.
Re: Women After Abortion. by nezerst(f): 12:30am On Jul 07, 2009
Enough of this abortion topics!
Had it b4. Not as horrible as u guys make is sound but its so not right.
The pschological effects is sth else. U keep wondering if u'll ever have kids again,
forgiveness, what d baby would have looked like and stuffs like that. N believe me u dont really get over it(cept , ).
I guess thats a price 2 pay 4 such acts. Wish women would be wiser, most of dis guys passing judgements have at some points in there lives impregnated someone (what happened 2 d preggo?). Parents pls talk 2 ur kids about sex, contraceptives, infections n stuffs so that they dnt go about making this kind of mistakes(if e dey possible buy condoms n pills put 4 their bags).
I have a baby now (cant thank God enough).
Re: Women After Abortion. by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 07, 2009
This thread is a waste of space. lipsrsealed
Re: Women After Abortion. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2009
michelin89:

This thread is a waste of space. lipsrsealed

Hope you realize you just closed this thread undecided
Re: Women After Abortion. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

Hope you realize you just closed this thread undecided

I did?
Re: Women After Abortion. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2009
michelin89:

I did?

I think you did.
Re: Women After Abortion. by Lady2(f): 5:08am On Jul 18, 2009
I think there's a consensus here that abortion is flat out wrong because it is what it is the taking of life.
And even at that people still say it non-chalantly.

Our society doesn't value life anymore.
If the least amongst us cannot be protected how do we expect to protect everyone else.

Abortion should never be a choice. I don't see how murder should be a choice. And at no time is there a medical reason to determine which life is better. In orders no medical reason to have an abortion. Unless someone wishes to explain to me how we can choose which life is more important.

But at Poster.

I am confused. Are you really expecting women to come here and tell their ordeal?
Women suffer psychologicall from this. I personally know one who suffers nightmares. Thank God with the birth of her child now she sleeps a bit better, but she occasionally gets depressed over the other child that she aborted.

Abortion is a disservice to women.

We need to learn self control and that's the problem. There is no such thing as chastity anymore and now we've resulted to killing a life in order to have our own lives.
Since when do people die for not having sex?
Re: Women After Abortion. by savanaha: 5:13am On Jul 18, 2009
~Lady~:

I think there's a consensus here that abortion is flat out wrong because it is what it is the taking of life.
And even at that people still say it non-chalantly.

Our society doesn't value life anymore.
If the least amongst us cannot be protected how do we expect to protect everyone else.

Abortion should never be a choice. I don't see how murder should be a choice. And at no time is there a medical reason to determine which life is better. In orders no medical reason to have an abortion. Unless someone wishes to explain to me how we can choose which life is more important.

But at Poster.

I am confused. Are you really expecting women to come here and tell their ordeal?
Women suffer psychologicall from this. I personally know one who suffers nightmares. Thank God with the birth of her child now she sleeps a bit better, but she occasionally gets depressed over the other child that she aborted.

Abortion is a disservice to women.

We need to learn self control and that's the problem. There is no such thing as chastity anymore and now we've resulted to killing a life in order to have our own lives.
Since when do people die for not having sex?

While I agree abortion is wrong I can't say there are absolutely no medical reasons for it. There is a scenario where a 9 year old girl was impregnated because her step father raped her. She was pregnant with twins I think. At any rate if she waited for the child to be full term then she would die and I believe that the child(ren) would die as well because her body was not developed enough. In this circumstance it makes not sense for a nine year old child to carry the child(ren) which will eventually kill her while they develop.
Re: Women After Abortion. by Lady2(f): 5:55am On Jul 18, 2009
Can see lots of guys condeming this, the same guys that will reject women and deny the pregancy when a gf finds herself in this situation, What other option do u leave them with??

You'll be amazed how very few those guys are. One I know got his gf preggers and proposed to her, they were in college. She went and had an abortion because she didn't want to be pregnant on her wedding day. He called off the wedding because he couldn't marry the woman who killed his son.
They found out it was a boy.
The stupidity of some women never cease to amaze me.
Re: Women After Abortion. by dominique(f): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2009
some people abort out of necessity
i know of someone who had to abort her fifth child in the second trimester cos it seemed like she wasnt going to survive the pregnancy

nezerst:

Enough of this abortion topics!
Had it b4. Not as horrible as u guys make is sound but its so not right.
The pschological effects is sth else. U keep wondering if u'll ever have kids again,
forgiveness, what d baby would have looked like and stuffs like that. N believe me u dont really get over it(cept , ).
I guess thats a price 2 pay 4 such acts. Wish women would be wiser, most of dis guys passing judgements have at some points in there lives impregnated someone (what happened 2 d preggo?). Parents pls talk 2 ur kids about sex, contraceptives, infections n stuffs so that they dnt go about making this kind of mistakes(if e dey possible buy condoms n pills put 4 their bags).
I have a baby now (cant thank God enough).

lucky you, some people aren't even lucky enough to recount the aftermath.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Testimony Of Healing From A Strange Illness / How Can One Cure Vaginal Infections Without Drugs? PLEASE HELP / Difference Between LUTH And LASUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.