Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist (1437 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Mock The Atheist. / The Atheist Creed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by skyone(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2009
Yes, since they have no religion i think  they need one urgently so that the blind can lead the blind without disturbing the sensible ones on the religion forum.

Plz do it, i think it will solve unnecessary aggrevation arising from no where on the religion forum thanks.[b][/b]

We really dont need them here on this forum so kindly do something about it.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2009
There is an islam for muslims section and we see christians posting there so what's your beef? This hypocritic attitude is becoming disgusting >smiley
It seems as if your brain was washed along with noah's flood. . . cry
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by manmustwac(m): 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2009
and even on the few topics we have for atheists u see the christians posting thier biblical nosense there.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by omorewa(f): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tudór:

There is an islam for muslims section and we see christians posting there so what's your beef? This hypocritic attitude is becoming disgusting >smiley
It seems as if your brain was washed along with noah's flood. . . cry

You are a big saddist na wao for u , why r u always on this cool guy. The fact is , he'e always making sense than you anyway. Everyone on Nairaland now know you for your senseless post, please grow up pssssssssssssh, or go to romamce section and settle your dispute with him.

And stop creating enemity ooooooooooooooooo life 2 short.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2009

Don't blame you, as long as even an slowpoke sports a T-shirt declaring ''i am a christian'' y'all would regard him as highly intelligent. embarassed
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by blacksta(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2009
Please seun title the forum - Hell Bound
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by toneyb: 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2009
The Nairaland religious section should not exist. Not if there is an all-powerful, all knowing and loving god who cares about humanity and  wants what's best for humans.

If such a being exist then there will be absolutely NO reason that anyone should be confused about whether he exists, which deity he really is, what his exact nature is, and what exactly he requires of humans.  There is no need for the multitude of religions all trying to understand or tell people what exactly he wants,  there will be no different sects all struggling to tell people exactly what he requires from them, different denominations, cults, different scriptures and different translations and doctrinal variations.  None. If there ever is such a deity, There  will be NO  confusion about him whatsoever(even believers of the same sect sometimes disagree on his basic nature). So lets have the atheist section.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by skyone(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2009
blacksta:

Please seun title the forum - Hell Bound

i second it

Tudór:

Don't blame you, as long as even an slowpoke sports a T-shirt declaring ''i am a christian'' y'all would regard him as highly intelligent. embarassed

you see yourself you're becoming a nuisance on NL, it's a shame
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2009
I dont think that atheists should have their own forum. In fact the muslim forum should be deleted, and every one should return here.

Cos this is a religion section and as far as I am concerned, atheism is a religion, since it relies on hope and faith that there is NO God.
There is something called the freedom of speech, no matter how ignorant, deluded, uninformed and ridiculous an atheist or muslim's opinion is, they still have their right to be heard.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by skyone(m): 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2009
toneyb:

The Nairaland religious section should not exist. Not if there is an all-powerful, all knowing and loving god who cares about humanity and  wants what's best for humans.

If such a being exist then there will be absolutely NO reason that anyone should be confused about whether he exists, which deity he really is, what his exact nature is, and what exactly he requires of humans.  There is no need for the multitude of religions all trying to understand or tell people what exactly he wants,  there will be no different sects all struggling to tell people exactly what he requires from them, different denominations, cults, different scriptures and different translations and doctrinal variations.  None. If there ever is such a deity, There  will be NO  confusion about him whatsoever(even believers of the same sect sometimes disagree on his basic nature). So lets have the atheist section.

Even though we disagree on some religious issues from the interection we've had on NL I STILL RESPECT the way you pass your opinion compare to some   that can't just realise it's just a common forum gush.

Anyway we hope Seun will go for the Atheist Section.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2009
Atheism is NOT a religion. Why would anyone think otherwise?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by hehhhhenn(m): 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2009
noetic2:

I dont think that atheists should have their own forum. In fact the muslim forum should be deleted, and every one should return here.

Cos this is a religion section and as far as I am concerned, atheism is a religion, since it relies on hope and faith that there is NO God.
There is something called the freedom of speech, no matter how ignorant, deluded, uninformed and ridiculous an atheist or muslim's opinion is, they still have their right to be heard.

i dont think atheism is religion however we'll rather have them on this forum so that they can see how stupid they after reading some facts from the christian post.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2009
To the close minded nit-wits like skyone, why are you so afraid of having atheists around?
You scared your fickle faith would be uprooted?
You're just unconsciously showing us your fears and insecurities.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2009
Quote from: hehhh-henn
However i'll rather have them on this forum so they can see how stupid they are after readin facts from christian post
what facts do you mean?
Does quoting crazy ridiculous passages from the unreliable bible count as fact?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tudór:

Atheism is NOT a religion. Why would anyone think otherwise?

what is a religion?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by hehhhhenn(m): 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tudór:

[b]Quote from: hehhh-henn[/b]what facts do you mean?
Does quoting crazy ridiculous passages from the unreliable bible count as fact?

u r a foolish man them send u onyioshi
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2009
^^^ Shuo?
You are definately gonna rot in hell for calling a man foolish {so says the bible}
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2009
Quote from:noetic
what is religion?
It definately doesn't include atheism.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tudór:

[b]Quote from:noetic[/b]It definately doesn't include atheism.

why dont u just define religion. . . . .then we shall see, if atheism is a religion or not.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by PastorAIO: 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2009
no atheist forum. They should stay here.  They are good for Nairaland religion section
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2009
Give me your own definition of what you think is religion. The misconception seems to come from your end. . .
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tudór:

Give me your own definition of what you think is religion. The misconception seems to come from your end. . .

Pathetic. I made an assertion, u disagreed. I asked u to define "religion" to help u understand my assertion. . . .and here u are trying to turn it all on its head grin grin

what do u understand by religion?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2009
O.k since you insist
Religion is a belief and worship of a god or gods
. . .there you go, happy now? undecided
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2009
The key word of ur definition is "belief"

Religion is defined by belief. what do u understand by belief?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2009
Thats where you're wrong. . .the key words are ''belief and/or worship of a god or gods''
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2009
why dont u just define belief . . . . .

At this point, what they believe in is secondary. . . .u have identified them based on their belief. . . .so what do u understand by belief?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2009
The substance of belief isn't secondary,infact its the primary seperator of religion and other types of belief.
Belief in dragons and santa clause is quite different from belief in 'gods' {religion].
Religion is specifically ''belief in god or gods''
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tudór:

The substance of belief isn't secondary,infact its the primary seperator of religion and other types of belief.
Belief in dragons and santa clause is quite different from belief in 'gods' {religion].
Religion is specifically ''belief in god or gods''

These religions are defined by the beliefs in the existence of God or gods.
why are they regarded as beliefs? This is because the evidence they give to support the basis of their sacred convictions (GOD) is considered unsatisfactory to both the scientific and intellectual community.

So a religion can be defined as sacred convictions that have no scientific or intellectual basis. This lack of basis is called a belief, since it relies on faith and hope to support its assertions.

what is the sacred conviction of atheism? . . . .  .There is no God.
Is there any scientific, intellectual or logical evidence to support this assertion . . .  , None till date.

Atheism is as such classified as a belief. . . .since it depends on the hope and faith that there is no GOD.
Atheism as a belief is a such a RELIGION.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2009
Your weak attempt to define atheism as religion is invalid.
Based on your twisted logic a belief in santa clause is religion,so is a belief in unicorns,dragons and aliens. Even a belief that 9/11 attacks were not caused by bin laden is religion. . . .the beliefs mentioned above have no scientific or intellectual basis hence they are religion.
Well done noetic!
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tudór:

Your weak attempt to define atheism as religion is invalid.
Based on your twisted logic a belief in santa clause is religion,so is a belief in unicorns,dragons and aliens. Even a belief that 9/11 attacks were not caused by bin laden is religion. . . .the beliefs mentioned above have no scientific or intellectual basis hence they are religion.
Well done noetic!

u did not make any point. . .did u?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2009
Deep down,you do know the answer to your question. . .
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2009
I analysed the basis of my assertion that atheism is a religion. The least u could have done was to make an analysis as to to why it is not. . . rather than reacting to my comments.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Will in Man -what have you produced with it on Earth? / Origin Of Allah / What Do Christians Think Of Some Christians That Have Only Court Marriages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.