Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,672 members, 7,827,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Origin Of Allah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Origin Of Allah (1441 Views)

The Origin Of Human Races? / Name Of Allah Appear On A Tree (pics) / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Origin Of Allah by chinedumo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2011
The word "Allah" comes from the compound Arabic word, al-ilah. Al is the definite article "the" and ilah is an Arabic word for "god", i.e. the god. We see immediately that (a) this is not a proper name but a generic name rather like the Hebrew El (which as we have seen was used of any deity; and (b) that Allah is not a foreign word (as it would have been if it had been borrowed from the Hebrew Bible) but a purely Arabic one. It would also be wrong to compare "Allah" with the Hebrew or Greek for God (El and Theos, respectively), because "Allah" is purely an Arabic term used exclusively in reference to an Arabic deity.

The Encyclopedia of Religion says: "'Allah' is a pre-Islamic name , corresponding to the Baylonian Bel" (ed. James Hastings, Edinburgh, T. & T. Clark, 1908, I:326).

I know that Muslims will find this hard to believe so I am now going to make many citations and present the archaeological evidence to prove conclusively that is true. Though this data will be painful for many of our readers, it is necessary to face the truth. Facts and facts, and unless you are willing to desert all logic, reason and common sense, and the evidence of your eyes, they must be faced.

"Allah is found , in Arabic inscriptions prior to Islam" (Encyclopedia Britannica, I:643)

"The Arabs, before the time of Mohammed, accepted and worshipped, after a fashion, a supreme god called allah" (Encyclopedia of Islam, eds. Houtsma, Arnold, Basset, Hartman; Leiden: E.J.Brill, 1913, I:302)

"Allah was known to the pre-Islamic Arabs; he was one of the Meccan deities" (Encyclopedia of Islam, ed. Gibb, I:406)

"Ilah , appears in pre-Islamic poetry , By frequency of usage, al-ilah was contracted to allah, frequently attested to in pre-Islamic poetry" (Encyclopedia of Islam, eds. Lewis, Menage, Pellat, Schacht; Leiden: E.J.Brill, 1971, III:1093)

"The name Allah goes back before Muhammed" (Encyclopedia of World Mythology and Legend, "The Facts on File", ed. Anthony Mercatante, New York, 1983, I:41)

The origin of this (Allah) goes back to pre-Muslim times. Allah is not a common name meaning "God" (or a "god"wink, and the Muslim must use another word or form if he wishes to indicate any other than his own peculiar deity" (Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, ed. James Hastings, Edinburgh: T & T Clark, 1908, I:326)

History proves conclusively that before Islam came into existence, the Sabbeans in Arabia worshipped the moon-god Allah who was married to the sun-goddess. We have also seen that it was a matter of common practice to use the name of the moon-god in personal names in Muhammad's tribe. That Allah was a pagan deity in pre-Islamic times is incontestible. And so we must ask ourselves the question: why was Muhammad's God named after a pagan deity in his own tribe?

It is an undeniable fact that an Allah idol was set up at the Kabah along with all the other idols of the time. The pagans prayed towards Mecca and the Kabah because that is where their gods were stationed. It made sense to them to face in the direction of their god and pray since that is where he was. Since the idol of their moon god, Allah, was at Mecca, they prayed towards Mecca.

As we have seen, and as is acknowledged amongst all scholars of Middle Eastern religious history, the worship of the moon-god extended far beyond Allah-worship in Arabia. The entire fertile crescent was involved in moon-worship. The data falls neatly in place and we are able therefore to understand, in part, the early success Islam had amongst Arab groups that had traditionally worshipped Allak, the moon-god. We can also understand that the use of the crescent moon as the symbol of Islam, and which appears on dozens of flags of Islamic nations in Asia and Africa, and surmounts minerets and mosque roofs, is a throwback to the days when Allah was worshipped as the moon-god in Mecca.

Source > http://www.investigateislam.com/moonGod.htm
Re: Origin Of Allah by Hormoniyi(m): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
u are totally incorrect,and if u continue to believe in dat evidence,u are still ignorant.the religion encyclopedia was being written by christianity and jew. I have been in d right path and i pray God wil continue to guide me in the right path
Re: Origin Of Allah by Sweetnecta: 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^^^ Amin.

@Chinedumo: If Chineke is not True God, then Yahweh, or I Am, Jehovah, etc cant be true God.

But Jesus said Ellah. That tells you some thing about Allah.

Or was Jesus also wrong?
Re: Origin Of Allah by PastorAIO: 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^ Amin.

But Jesus said[b] Ellah.[/b] That tells you some thing about Allah.

Ifa too says Ela, but you nasty arrogant idol worshipper do not want to confess your dirty Icon worship.
Re: Origin Of Allah by Sweetnecta: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^^ Oluwoooo. What are you saying about idolatry, when this is your stay? You are now detesting idolatry? i think you are now wearing ibante.

Oka re. If only ifa is the truth.

Something aja will pour its water on.

beg, move on to pure pagan section.
Re: Origin Of Allah by plappville(f): 1:55am On Nov 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^ Amin.

@Chinedumo: If Chineke is not True God, then Yahweh, or I Am, Jehovah, etc cant be true God.

How does Ellah tells anything about Allah??

Or was Jesus also wrong?
U re trying to validate Allah with what Jesus didnt say, watch ur tongue brother.
U muslim, has denied Jesus's identity yet still lie and Change words.

He love u, come to him and find salvation.
Re: Origin Of Allah by chinedumo(m): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^ Amin.

Or was Jesus also wrong?

tell me about Jesus and Ellah

(1) (Reply)

you Don't Understand The Bible: The Christian's Excuse Or Fact? / The Main Reason That may have Prompted The Pope' S Renuncia·tion/resignation / "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.