Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,407 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist (3973 Views)

Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2016
My crime is that I chose rational thinking over blind faith. I chose to voice this rationalism and condemn the inhuman doctrines that Muslims consider god-sent. I chose to bust the myths in Quran and Hadith with science and facts. I chose to transform myself after realizing that it was impossible to reform the religion I was indoctrinated into. And worst of all, I did it all without concealing my name and whereabouts on digital and social media. Despite having several educational and career opportunities in my early years to leave this country, I never opted for one and chose to stay here for the love of my parents and roots. Today, I am trying to shift places within the city I live in and not let people know about it. My childhood friends called me stupid for running a blog with over 80 entries that advocate rationalism over religion. I am told that I should have respected the beliefs of others and that I called this upon myself because of my own mistake. I took my blog and all social media IDs offline after my mother cried and begged me to stop writing for the sake of my life. My avid readers in different countries contacted me over email, asked if I was alright and if they could help me in any way. It left me surprised that the people I loved all my life were adamant in taking it, while the ones I hadn’t met in my entire life were willing to save it. So why would my own relatives want to declare me an apostate? Rationally speaking, it isn’t very difficult to decipher. According to Sharia law, if they succeed in getting an edict against me, I would be stripped off all rights over my wife, children and property.
Furthermore, I will be a bounty hunt for Jehadists who would love to kill me for heavenly rewards, just as they killed Ananta Bijoy Das, Washiqur Rahman and Avijit Roy. I am just one of the many who raised their voice against Islam. And this is just one story that made it to you. There are many like me, unheard, who either die closeted or face persecution. Living in an Islamic state and being targeted as an apostate is enough to lose the battle, irrespective of whether an edict is issued against you or not. It is a stage where people are unwilling to hear anything that you say, no matter how rational or humane. It is a mindset that knows nothing beyond establishing the writ of god. It is a paradigm whereby the name and word of god is used in order to sever relationships and kill humans. But my story isn’t over yet, and I will not let it end at the hands of such godly people. I intend to pen a new chapter with my own name as I make it beyond these borders. If you are reading this and wish to support me, choose knowledge over belief. Stand for humanity over religion. Being a mountain climber, I know how to surmount on my own, if not die trying.

www.atheistrepublic.com/blog/tbh/cost-exposing-religion-peace

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by Annunaki(m): 8:41am On Jan 27, 2016
This is what you get when a religion is so unsure of itself. The apotasy laws is enough to make any right thinking muslim know that islam is fake.

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
Annunaki:
This is what you get when a religion is so unsure of itself. The apotasy laws is enough to make any right thinking muslim know that islam is fake.
Same as christianity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by urahara(m): 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Truly. There is no such thing as Islamic extremism for Islam is extremism itself

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by urahara(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
Annunaki:

Your religion promises apostasy with hell. It's not any better and Pls stop being a hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by CoolUsername: 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
O! Religion of Peace™.
Why do you threaten dissenters with violence?
Why are there so many extremists?
Why don't the moderates speak out against them?

@valentinemary, I can't fathom what you must be going through, when your home doesn't feel like a home anymore and your loved ones turn against you. I sincerely hope that you can find a way out of your problem as soon as possible. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
CoolUsername:
O! Religion of Peace™.
Why do you threaten dissenters with violence?
Why are there so many extremists?
Why don't the moderates speak out against them?

@valentinemary, I can't fathom what you must be going through, when your home doesn't feel like a home anymore and your loved ones turn against you. I sincerely hope that you can find a way out of your problem as soon as possible. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.
This is not my story, it is the story of a fellow atheist in an islamic country. Follow the link to read more. Thanks for the concern though.
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by Annunaki(m): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

Same as christianity

And since when did christians start practising apotasy
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
Annunaki:

And since when did christians start practising apotasy
Since it spread throughout Europe
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by Annunaki(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

Since it spread throughout Europe

You will need to quote a verse from the christian testament to validate your assertion.
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
Annunaki:

You will need to quote a verse from the christian testament to validate your assertion.
Do u mean from ur bible, because there are loads of them there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by taurus25(m): 11:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
it will take time........but people would use their brains more in the future
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by tartar9(m): 12:02am On Jan 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

He said said xtian testament.his god reformed.
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 28, 2016
Deuteronomy chapter 13

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

So as you can see, the punishment of apostasy in Christianity is DEATH, and not only that, the one who tries to convert you is also to be put the death!!!! Note even whole cities are to be destroyed!!!!

So Christians are the last one to talk about the punishment of apostasy, since the punishment for apostasy according to the Bible is DEATH.

What will Christians now say? Will they come up with the typical lie they always say when put in a hole that 'oh no we don’t have to follow the OT anymore'. That has become quite a famous line now, anyways, I would like the Christian to show me where this rule has been abrogated or told to not be followed. I have not seen it in the NT.

Secondly, note the ending of the verse, it says KEPP ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS, which also include this command to kill apostates and those who try to convert you. Let us read what Jesus said in the NT:

Luke 10:

18. A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
19. "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.
20. You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.' "
21. "All these I have kept since I was a boy," he said.
22. When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

So as Jesus himself said, you know the commandments don’t you? Yes, you do, so as Jesus said follow them. And what do we read at the end of Deuteronomy 13:

18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God

So it says keep the commandments, which included killing apostates and those who try to convert you, what did Jesus say? Keep the commandments, ALL OF THEM. Which includes this law of apostasy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ayoku777(m): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Deuteronomy chapter 13

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

So as you can see, the punishment of apostasy in Christianity is DEATH, and not only that, the one who tries to convert you is also to be put the death!!!! Note even whole cities are to be destroyed!!!!

What will Christians now say? Will they come up with the typical lie they always say when put in a hole that 'oh no we don’t have to follow the OT anymore'. That has become quite a famous line now, anyways, I would like the Christian to show me where this rule has been abrogated or told to not be followed. I HAVE NOT SEEN IT IN THE NT.

So it says keep the commandments, which included killing apostates and those who try to convert you, what did Jesus say? Keep the commandments, ALL OF THEM. Which includes this law of apostasy.

You've not seen because you keep refusing to see. Because I keep showing you.

Jesus Himself, when He was about going to the cross, said this;

John 13v34 - A NEW COMMANDMENT I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Can you see that?

Jesus has given us a new commandment, which is to love. Love is the new commandment to the believer in Christ.

And when God calls something "new", He has made the former old and obsolete.

Hebrews 8v13 - By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

See that? God doesn't bring in the new commandment to run with the old. He brings in the new to replace the old.

Look at all these verses

Hebrews 10v9 -Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 7v18 - The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (through the flesh).

Ephesians 2v15 - He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups.

I keep telling you that Judaism is different from Christianity. Christianity is the spiritual reality of what was shadow rituals in Judaism.

The pre-grace and pre-calvary era, where judgment was stronger than mercy is different from the dispensation of grace we are now, where mercy triumphs over judgment through Jesus our advocate.

Hebrews 10v28 - He that despised Moses' law DIED WITHOUT MERCY under two or three witnesses:

But now under grace through Jesus;

...Mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2v13).

I keep explaining this to you with verses. But you will run away from that thread and come to another to continue the same rant that has already been explained to you.

Its one thing to be ignorant, its another to combine ignorance with arrogance. When you do that, it becomes self-delusion. Don't turn ignorance to self-delusion.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by Annunaki(m): 8:41am On Jan 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

Christianity started in the new testament.
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2016
Annunaki:

Yeah I totally understand that christianity started in the new testament. But u trace your God from d old testament, that would mean u can't talk aboutxtianity without the old testament and what your God (if he exist) made humans do. Talking about christianity without talking about the old testament is like talking about a car without an engine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by johnydon22(m): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2016
Annunaki:

Please tell us, is the old testament Yahweh different from the New testament Yahweh?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ayoku777(m): 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
johnydon22:
Please tell us, is the old testament Yahweh different from the New testament Yahweh?

Questions keep being recycled.

Under the old covenant, before there was a redeemer, there were only two options of judgment vis-a-vis sin.

Its either for God to be merciless against sin, or for God to leave sin to be merciless against mankind -to wipe out mankind.

God choose to be merciless against sin, which consequently caught man in the crosshairs of God's judgment against sin. And that was the curse of the law.

Under the law, not only did man reap what they sowed in manifold harvests, the sins of the fathers were also visited on the children generations after.

That's why the language of judgment under the old testament was graphic. Because the only other alternative would have been for God to let sin perpetuate until mankind self-destructs.

It is only through a redeemer and a righteous substitute, that God can judge sin without destroying the sinner. And God eventually accomplished that through Jesus Christ.

It wasn't as if God was wicked under the law, then became kind under grace. No, God meted out just, unreserved judgment against sin under the old and the new covenant by letting man reap what they sowed. But under the new covenant, Jesus was our righteous subtitute. Jesus took our sins and the consequence and condemnation accrued to it, and gave us His righteousness.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by Weah96: 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
urahara:

Your religion promises apostasy with hell. It's not any better and Pls stop being a hypocrite

It is better considering that your head remains attached to your body in THIS life. The Christians will guarantee you hell fire but they won't kill you. Hahaha.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
ayoku777:

Questions keep being recycled.

Under the old covenant, before there was a redeemer, there were only two options of judgment vis-a-vis sin.

Its either for God to be merciless against sin, or for God to leave sin to be merciless against mankind -to wipe out mankind.

God choose to be merciless against sin, which consequently caught man in the crosshairs of God's judgment against sin. And that was the curse of the law.

Under the law, not only did man reap what they sowed in manifold harvests, the sins of the fathers were also visited on the children generations after.

That's why the language of judgment under the old testament was graphic. Because the only other alternative would have been for God to let sin perpetuate until mankind self-destructs.

It is only through a redeemer and a righteous substitute, that God can judge sin without destroying the sinner. And God eventually accomplished that through Jesus Christ.

It wasn't as if God was wicked under the law, then became kind under grace. No, God meted out just, unreserved judgment against sin under the old and the new covenant by letting man reap what they sowed. But under the new covenant, Jesus was our righteous subtitute. Jesus took our sins and the consequence and condemnation accrued to it, and gave us His righteousness.

Shalom!
But I thought God does not change, are u trying to upgrade ur God to another version it is quite clear that God did not make humans in his own image and likeness but humans made God in their image and likness that is why Gods behave like the people that worship them. I would leave Johnny to deal with u.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
Luke tells us in 10:20 Jesus pbuh tells the man you know the commandments. If they were important enough for Jesus pbuh to mention.....

Luke 10:

18. A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
19. "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.
20. You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.' "
21. "All these I have kept since I was a boy," he said.
22. When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

So it says keep the commandments, which included killing apostates and those who try to convert you, what did Jesus say? Keep the commandments, ALL OF THEM. Which includes this law of apostasy

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ayoku777(m): 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

But I thought God does not change, are u trying to upgrade ur God to another version it is quite clear that God did not make humans in his own image and likeness but humans made God in their image and likness that is why Gods behave like the people that worship them. I would leave Johnny to deal with u.

Where did I say God changed in my post? Did you read it at all?

One thing about me is that when I write, I love to write and explain myself in lenght and with scriptures.

But I've found that, all that is waste of time with someone who is not willing to be objective, but assumes that whatever he doesn't understand must be because it is nonesense, and not because he is ignorant.

That is the arrogance that turns ignorance into self-delusion.

God does not change, but He changes things from glory to glory. There is the old and new creation, old and new covenant, new heaven and new earth. I can't belabour all these again.

If you want to understand the purpose of the law and the old covenant; read this:

www.nairaland.com/2775627/purpose-law

Shalom!
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by taurus25(m): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
ayoku777:

You've not seen because you keep refusing to see. Because I keep showing you.

Jesus Himself, when He was about going to the cross, said this;

John 13v34 - A NEW COMMANDMENT I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Can you see that?

Jesus has given us a new commandment, which is to love. Love is the new commandment to the believer in Christ.

And when God calls something "new", He has made the former old and obsolete.

Hebrews 8v13 - By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

See that? God doesn't bring in the new commandment to run with the old. He brings in the new to replace the old.

Look at all these verses

Hebrews 10v9 -Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 7v18 - The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (through the flesh).

Ephesians 2v15 - He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups.

I keep telling you that Judaism is different from Christianity. Christianity is the spiritual reality of what was shadow rituals in Judaism.

The pre-grace and pre-calvary era, where judgment was stronger than mercy is different from the dispensation of grace we are now, where mercy triumphs over judgment through Jesus our advocate.

Hebrews 10v28 - He that despised Moses' law DIED WITHOUT MERCY under two or three witnesses:

But now under grace through Jesus;

...Mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2v13).

I keep explaining this to you with verses. But you will run away from that thread and come to another to continue the same rant that has already been explained to you.

Its one thing to be ignorant, its another to combine ignorance with arrogance. When you do that, it becomes self-delusion. Don't turn ignorance to self-delusion.

God bless you.
SO JESUS CAME TO AMMEND LAWS THAT GOD GAVE TO MOSES
AND JESUS SAID ALL THE LAWS SHOULD BE OBEYED
AND ISIAH SAID THE LAWS OF GOD ARE MEANT TO STAND
FOREVER

THIS IS THE PROBLEM OF CONTRADICTIONS AND INCONSISTENCY
OF THE BIBLE
AN OMNISCIENT BEING SHOULD KNOW BETTER

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

[b] I think you already have done better..

The thing is you have said it all.. Haven't you noticed that "God" always bears the characteristics that reflects the ideas of the society and culture that presents it?

It is clearly shown in all the varying doctrines and distinct characters of God interpreted even from same book.

Like the guy above mentioned. "An omnipotent should know better"

we would expect an omnipotent God who allegedly cannot make mistakes to give law perfect as it is.

For God to dim the law unsatisfactory and needs to be abandoned reveals an imperfect law giver, and for the fact that Gods inclination towards the same law he gave changes shows God even recognized his first laws were nonsensical and so needs changing..

Did the unchanging God change or the people who speak for God change?

Surely enough you know the answer....

If a law was given by a perfect, unchanging and omnipotent God you would expect such laws to be unchanging, perfect but this is not the case.

God had to change his mind and nullify his initial laws to buttress a newer one (Imperfection)

Naaaah i think the societal expectations of the people who bring out what God "allegedly said" changed ..

Furthermore the change of the Law is just a Christian thing championed by the epistles of Paul.. The first Council of Jerusalem recorded in Acts showed that there was an argument on whether the gentiles should adopt the law or not.

The law was excluded only for the gentiles then Christianity was just a jewish Cult of people who believed a man jesus to be the messiah.

But with time the law was totally scrapped from the fabrics of the newly emerged religious idea. (We call that cherrypicking)

Judaism till today does not for sure buy the idea, they are still practising their own religion which is centered on mosaic charges and rabanic teachings.

Surely enough Yahweh changed his mind

They are worshipping Yahweh Version 1.2 while Christians have varying versions from version 2.0 to almost version 10.0 ... all the ideas of God championed by these varying doctrines and theologies all have varying characters.

Doesn't this show these are just men laying out their ideas and portray the deity the way they want?.

I want you to consider this..

Going by origin and similarities, it is evidently clear that Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Mormonism worship the same God but funny enough it tells them all different things..

Its either God is confused and have Character disorder or these are just men of distinct cultural and societal settings with varying ideas championing their egoistic ideas to be true..
[/b]

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
ayoku777:

Where did I say God changed in my post? Did you read it at all?

One thing about me is that when I write, I love to write and explain myself in lenght and with scriptures.

But I've found that, all that is waste of time with someone who is not willing to be objective, but assumes that whatever he doesn't understand must be because it is nonesense, and not because he is ignorant.

That is the arrogance that turns ignorance into self-delusion.

God does not change, but He changes things from glory to glory. There is the old and new creation, old and new covenant, new heaven and new earth. I can't belabour all these again.

If you want to understand the purpose of the law and the old covenant; read this:

www.nairaland.com/2775627/purpose-law

Shalom!
God gave an old law to the jews and a new law to d christians, what does that imply to u? It could be that God had new ideas and had to CHANGE his old laws or God is completely confused. Make ur pick now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ayoku777(m): 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
taurus25:

SO JESUS CAME TO AMMEND LAWS THAT GOD GAVE TO MOSES
AND JESUS SAID ALL THE LAWS SHOULD BE OBEYED
AND ISIAH SAID THE LAWS OF GOD ARE MEANT TO STAND
FOREVER

THIS IS THE PROBLEM OF CONTRADICTIONS AND INCONSISTENCY
OF THE BIBLE
AN OMNISCIENT BEING SHOULD KNOW BETTER

You're partly right. But "amend" is not the right word. The word Jesus used is "fulfill". Jesus did not come to amend the law, He came to fulfill the law.

Matthew 5v17 -Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to FULFIL.

The word "fulfil" there is the greek "pleroo"; which means to fill up, to consummate, to bring to pass.

Meaning Jesus Christ Himself is the fulfilment and consummation of the Law of God. The law of God is more than a book or a tablet of stone, the fulness of the law of God is a person -Jesus Christ Himself.

God wants us to obey a person;

Matthew 17v5 -...This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

That was why Jesus rebuked the jews of His day, who thought they had the law of God because they owned books and scrolls and tablets of laws.

John 5v39 - (Ye) search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40  And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God -the communication of the character of God and the consummation of the law of God.

So the law of God is indeed forever, if you know what or who the consummate law of God is.

Don't presume to call the scriptures contradictory when you don't even understand the language of the scriptures.

Its like a biologist saying a physicist is talking nonsense when he hears him teach about quantum mechanics and entanglement etc. What do you understand about his textbooks and his lab research?

That you don't understand chinese or swahili doesn't make it nonesense. That you don't understand the similitudes and symbolism of a sealed book, doesn't make it nonsense.

Isaiah 23v11 - For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a scroll. And if you give the scroll to someone who can read, and say, “Read this, please,” they will answer, “I can’t; it is sealed.”

See that? You need more than literacy to understand a sealed book. Just because you can read english doesn't mean you can interprete the scriptures.

So don't presume to call the scriptures contradictory when you don't even understand the language of the scriptures.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by urahara(m): 12:18am On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:

The thing is you have said it all.. Haven't you noticed that "God" always bears the characteristics that reflects the ideas of the society and culture that presents it?

It is clearly shown in all the varying doctrines and distinct characters of God interpreted even from same book.

we would expect an omnipotent God who allegedly cannot make mistakes to give law perfect as it is.

For God to dim the law unsatisfactory and needs to be abandoned reveals an imperfect law giver, and for the fact that Gods inclination towards the same law he gave changes shows God even recognized his first laws were nonsensical and so needs changing..

If a law was given by a perfect, unchanging and omnipotent God you would expect such laws to be unchanging, perfect but this is not the case.

God had to change his mind and nullify his initial laws to buttress a newer one (Imperfection)

Naaaah i think the societal expectations of the people who bring out what God "allegedly said" changed ..

Furthermore the change of the Law is just a Christian thing championed by the epistles of Paul.. The first Council of Jerusalem recorded in Acts showed that there was an argument on whether the gentiles should adopt the law or not.

The law was excluded only for the gentiles then Christianity was just a jewish Cult of people who believed a man jesus to be the messiah.

But with time the law was totally scrapped from the fabrics of the newly emerged religious idea. (We call that cherrypicking)

Judaism till today does not for sure buy the idea, they are still practising their own religion which is centered on mosaic charges and rabanic teachings.

They are worshipping Yahweh Version 1.2 while Christians have varying versions from version 2.0 to almost version 10.0 ... all the ideas of God championed by these varying doctrines and theologies all have varying characters.

Doesn't this show these are just men laying out their ideas and portray the deity the way they want?.

Going by origin and similarities, it is evidently clear that Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Mormonism worship the same God but funny enough it tells them all different things..

Its either God is confused and have Character disorder or these are just men of distinct cultural and societal settings with varying ideas championing their egoistic ideas to be true..
[/b]
Don't mind my stupid question but why do you always write in italics
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by urahara(m): 12:20am On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:

[/b]

Gods always behave like the people who make
them . - Zora
Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:25am On Jan 29, 2016
urahara:

Don't mind my stupid question but why do you always write in italics
Nothing much i just love the bold italic font and people have actually known me for it that some can't imagine my post without it grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:31am On Jan 29, 2016
urahara:

Gods always behave like the people who make
them . - Zora
Truer words have never been spoken...

-In the hands of the Jews Yahweh became a vengeful tightly jealous nomadic guy with anger issues with set of strict rules and charges to murder others for it and drags glory with humans and oh lest i forgot loves smell of burning flesh

-The Christians got hold of it and their ideas and society really didn't match of up with the original Jewish Yahweh version so they had to shed it off most of it's characteristics.

It repented and became a little more civilized, then got a son still need glory, employs a fiery chamber of torture, plans last fight with his arch enemy and then lost taste for burnt meat unfortunately.

-Then Islam (muhammed) got hold of it and it literally became the irrational, angry, freaky violent prone dude typical of Medieval arab men.

-Oh the Mormons took over and the guy just became a dude with a family that cribs in a neighbouring planet

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist by ayoku777(m): 12:38am On Jan 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

God gave an old law to the jews and a new law to d christians, what does that imply to u? It could be that God had new ideas and had to CHANGE his old laws or God is completely confused. Make ur pick now.

Let me put it to you this way;

Its like a Professor of mathematics, teaching his son arithmetics. From, 1-2-3, to addition and subtraction, to multiplication and division, then to area and perimeter of different shapes, then angles of elevation and depression, and theorems to calculus and differentiation etc.

The Professor dad is not changing or growing in knowledge, but he is taking his child on a journey of knowledge that invlove changes and growth to help him become like him.

God doesn't change, but He changes things and people from glory to glory into His image.

2Cor 3v18 - But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The law of God is a progressive revelation of Himself to us, of which Jesus Christ, is the consummation of that revelation.

So God moving us from the law to the Spirit, from works to grace, from ten commandments to love commandment, and from old covenant to new covenant does not mean God is changing. It only means He is taking us through changes from glory to glory in the revelation of Himself to make us like Him.

Do you get it now. I've simplified it as best as I can.

God bless.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Haile Selassie I Is Jesus Christ Of Nazareth... / Bible Cracks / Express Your Feeling For Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.