Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist (973 Views)

Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ / Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by tpiah01: 9:32pm On May 01, 2016
Today's own has the usual runaround with the poster dropping various place names and other names.

Nothing new in the narrative, nothing surprising, just the typical mishmash of vague and piecemeal postings with promises of more which all wind up as mere wisps/whiffs of nothing in particular.

3 Likes

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by Nobody: 2:01am On May 03, 2016
I think I like you cheesy

So this is what you do on NL grin grin grin grin grin

Oya be nice angry
Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by cloudgoddess(f): 4:10am On May 03, 2016
Does this post have a point or are you just venting your frustrations?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by Logicbwoy: 5:04am On May 03, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Does this post have a point or are you just venting your frustrations?

The op has been frustrated and mental since 2013.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by lepasharon(f): 5:49am On May 03, 2016
op e dey pain you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by Nobody: 6:54am On May 03, 2016
Someone's on PMS, methinks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by Immorttal: 7:24am On May 03, 2016
Hey Bro, this thread is useless in my own opinion. Freedom is attained by digressing from ass-worshiping,embracing solitude and thinking outside the box.Its not easy but certainly not impossible. At the end the soul redeems itself from varying arrays of bondage accompanying the sheepish believe of a certain god. What Religion brought to the table is always fear,and mental bondage. Now don't get me wrong,despite beign an agnostic i love Religion.Religion is a tool to interweave,curb and restrain the infiniteness of the obdulate human mind, yes,human mind is powerful and capable of wandering beyond control which is catastrophic to societal norm,the fear of God reduces that to an extent ATLEAST. Imagine if your parents told you that you'll live just to die someday. Religion submits hope and purpose.Although judging from hindsight religion has employ more damage than repair. But who knows what the absence of religion might have done to the human race,probably more damage by far DON'T get upset when Atheist discover the bitter truth. And mind you,ITS THE FACT

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 03, 2016
gringrin. To coin a popular artist's song.

Who u epp cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by tpiah01: 3:04pm On May 03, 2016
SirWere:
gringrin.
To coin a popular artist's song.

Who I epp cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by cloudgoddess(f): 3:35pm On May 03, 2016
Immorttal:
Hey Bro, this thread is useless in my own opinion. Freedom is attained by digressing from ass-worshiping,embracing solitude and thinking outside the box.Its not easy but certainly not impossible. At the end the soul redeems itself from varying arrays of bondage accompanying the sheepish believe of a certain god. What Religion brought to the table is always fear,and mental bondage. Now don't get me wrong,despite beign an agnostic i love Religion.Religion is a tool to interweave,curb and restrain the infiniteness of the obdulate human mind, yes,human mind is powerful and capable of wandering beyond control which is catastrophic to societal norm,the fear of God reduces that to an extent ATLEAST. Imagine if your parents told you that you'll live just to die someday. Religion submits hope and purpose.Although judging from hindsight religion has employ more damage than repair. But who knows what the absence of religion might have done to the human race,probably more damage by far DON'T get upset when Atheist discover the bitter truth. And mind you,ITS THE FACT
I agree with most of your post, but a few things:

1. I'm sure you're aware of the global statistics regarding the inverse relationship between a country's religiousity, and its health, GDP, scientific & educational progress, peace index, etc. How do you imagine that these mostly atheistic countries get along peacefully without religion?

2. Quite a few psychological studies have been done investigating the nature of human wellbeing and what factors contribute most to it. Intimate (not necessarily romantic, but deep & meaningful) relationships, sufficient (but not necessarily extravagant) living wages, and contributing to the happiness of others in meaningful ways (i.e. sincere volunteer work, providing healthcare to others, or simply showing kindness) have been shown to be some of the most telling contributors to human life satisfaction. Do you think religion would still be necessary for hope & purpose if people were to embrace & pursue goals like these en masse?

1 Like

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by Weah96: 5:57pm On May 03, 2016
The OPs own pastor is next.

1 Like

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by taurus25(m): 7:36pm On May 03, 2016
and the guy created a thread.......
Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by tpiah01: 10:30pm On May 03, 2016
Weah96:
My own confession next will be Jesus is Lord.
Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by dankol: 11:31pm On May 03, 2016
I just added my own to the collection https://www.nairaland.com/3084510/faith-facts-collection-thoughts-experience

Go and hug transformer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by Immorttal: 5:12am On May 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:

I agree with most of your post, but a few things:

1. I'm sure you're aware of the global statistics regarding the inverse relationship between a country's religiousity, and its health, GDP, scientific & educational progress, peace index, etc. How do you imagine that these mostly atheistic countries get along peacefully without religion?
the malfeasance monopoly of our political system is based on achieving selfish interest. The stats are misleading if its based on religion alone.Religion is not solely the culprit here.
Every action has an equal reaction,activity that transgresses moral or civil law should be penalized to maintain law and other in the society irrespective of one's religious stand.It strikes a balance.

cloudgoddess:
2. Quite a few psychological studies have been done investigating the nature of human wellbeing and what factors contribute most to it. Intimate (not necessarily romantic, but deep & meaningful) relationships, sufficient (but not necessarily extravagant) living wages, and contributing to the happiness of others in meaningful ways (i.e. sincere volunteer work, providing healthcare to others, or simply showing kindness) have been shown to be some of the most telling contributors to human life satisfaction. Do you think religion would still be necessary for hope & purpose if people were to embrace & pursue goals like these en masse?
No! You see,because of that religion was invented to instill the fear of supernatural.The competive nature of human platform is to be blamed,there is no way this notion of yours would be possible because evil would always begat evil .
Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by tpiadotcom: 5:17am On May 04, 2016
dankol:

I will go and hug transformer

does my thread give you the impression it was opened because I am concerned about this phenomenon?

You must be misreading it, sorry about that.

Feel free to knock yourself out on your thread btw.
Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by Weah96: 1:56pm On May 04, 2016
[quote author=tpiah01 post=45288791][/quote]

I will never bow down to a white man in worship again or keep his image on my head.
Re: Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist by dankol: 11:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
tpiadotcom:

does my thread give you the impression it was opened because I am concerned about this phenomenon?

You must be misreading it, sorry about that.

Feel free to knock yourself out on your thread btw.
WHO CARES undecided

(1) (Reply)

"Why Faith Is Bad?" The Hypocrisy Of SEUN / TO SENSELESS CHRISTIANS Part 2 By Exmuslim Ishaku Abdul'rahman Mohammed / The Secret Meaning Of The KOSHER/TREIF Law They DON'T Want You To KNOW About.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.