Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun (19108 Views)

Redeemer’s Varsity Installs TY Danjuma As Chancellor / Adesola Oguntade Appointed As Chancellor Of LASU / Anatomy Student Of Uniosun's Death: Revealed True Story Behind It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Titilayodeji13(m): 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
The Governor of the State of Osun, Rauf Aregbesola, has appointed the third richest woman of African descent in the world, Folorunso Alakija, as Chancellor of the Osun State University, Osogbo.
The governor, in a statement by his spokesperson, Semiu Okanlawon, said p‎ursuant to the provisions of clause 5(cool of the first schedule to the Osun State University (Establishment) Law, 2006, Mr. Aregbesola is privileged to appointment Mrs. Alakija‎ as the Chancellor of the University. ‎
The appointment, which according to the statement, takes immediate effect will be for a period of five years.‎
The statement noted that statute 3(1) (a) and statute 5 of the Osun State University Law (2006) provides that the University shall have a Chancellor, who shall, in relation to the University take precedence before all other members of the University and when he or she is present shall preside at all meetings of Convocation held for conferring degrees, diplomas, certificates and other awards.‎
Mr. Aregbesola, while congratulating the new Chancellor, said Mrs. Alakija’s antecedent and sterling qualities as a God-fearing woman, a person of honour, integrity and successful business woman would no doubt impact positively on the running of Osun State University.
The governor pointed out that the government of Osun would look forward to a great working relationship with the new Chancellor as she leads Osun State University, Osogbo, to a new height of excellence.‎
“‎I wish to inform you, that the investiture is expected to hold during the 4th Convocation ceremony of the institution, proposed to come up on Friday 10th and Saturday 11th February, 2016.‎

“‎While congratulating you once again, please accept the assurance of best regards of the people and Government of Osun”.
In her acceptance letter addressed to the governor, Mrs Alakija said, “It is with pleasure that I receive and accept the appointment as the chancellor of the University of Osun State. I pray for God’s grace and strength to execute my duties as Chancellor of the University during my five-year tenure.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/197456-osun-appoints-billionaire-oil-baron-folorunso-alakija-chancellor-osun-varsity.html

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Titilayodeji13(m): 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dedicate this FP to all Uniosun Students.

Haywhy Jah

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by GMan650(m): 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Congratz to her
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by adren(m): 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
mrs alakija be like.. ' free laptop distribution for all uniosun students'..

make i rush go tell my younger bro make him pick uniosun for jamb.. or collect change of course form..

lalasticlala.. this is great news

3 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by cutetopsey(f): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by theshaderoom: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by lielbree: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
WIKE WIKE WIKE!!!

7 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by keypad1: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Try this guys. It works 100%

1) close your eyes.

Now you will see that you cant see anything.

See, i told you. You did it. Congrats

(children under 18 years, dont tryt this on your own)

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by ShakurM(m): 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
Her money can buy the school already sef, reverse psychology! Good move Aregbe! cool

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by monakii: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
Congrats ma
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Smellymouth: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
OK ooo
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by olaide92(m): 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
Good move
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by UlqU3(m): 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nonsense
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
#Smh... The rich going richer and the poor going poorer daily..

I can imagine the billions of naira dat will enter the Alakija 's family daily.. embarassed

Besides is she an educationist.

Smh again sad.

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by justmenoni: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by justmenoni: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
I tire oooo

quote author=Ebayray post=42382999]#Smh... The rich going richer and the poor going poorer daily..

I can imagine the billions of naira dat will enter the Alakija 's family daily.. embarassed

Smh again sad. [/quote]
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
congrat to her
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by kennyman2000(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by mazizitonene(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
power circle.......in the words of MI "the rich get richer, the poor get screwed".......

and na them go follow dey increase the school fees like say the money wey dem get never do them
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by cutebobo(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
His name reminds me of one Yoruba Legendary Actor;
'Dakunro alakija'.

But I thought having new VC should be by election not the governor picking for the school.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Niyinficient(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
.....and the rich keeps getting richer and the poor, poorer! Is there no retired academician, professor, public servant and several elderstatemen who have served d country in one capacity or d oda who can fill d post? SMH for d nation!
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Montaque(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
attracting investors
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by centyboy: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
Maybe Aregbese think say by this appointment, she go fit help him pay all his gbese (debt). #GovernorWithoutAdministrationSkill

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by veraponpo(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
She deserves it.

We should learn to celebrate our own.

A great woman. Pastor, mother, wife, CEO , record breaker, leader,etc

Keep growing woman.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Mrlekan07034617: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
cutebobo:
'Dakunro alakija'.

But I thought having new VC should be by election not the governor picking for the school.

Its appointment of "Chancellor" not "Vice-chancellor"

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Femich18(m): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
cutebobo:
'Dakunro alakija'.

He picked d Chancellor nt d Vice-Chancellor. D former is usually by selection which is done by d visitor to d Uni( d governor) while d latter is usually by election. Spot d difference
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
justmenoni:
I tire oooo

quote author=Ebayray post=42382999]#Smh... The rich going richer and the poor going poorer daily..

Smh again sad.

It's really annoying...

Dat Rauf Aregbesola sef ehn...
He'll be owing people's salary, God will judge him cos He hates oppression.

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by cutetopsey(f): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
Congratulations madam!

Hope to see the best of you as Uniosun chancellor in the nearest future

Aregberascal..........e ku ifi ni je oye naa.....

BTW, check my signature on how to get rid excess ugly belly fats
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Femich18:

He picked d Chancellor nt d Vice-Chancellor. D former is usually by selection which is done by d visitor to d Uni( d governor) while d latter is usually by election. Spot d difference

Huh? Are you serious. shocked.

I thought Chancellors are usually traditional rulers na.
Like uniben, d Chancellor is Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi..

Other universities also have traditional rulers as the head.

When did Alakija become a traditional ruler shocked
Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by akins56(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ebayray:

Huh? Are you serious. shocked.
I thought Chancellors are usually traditional rulers na. Like uniben, d Chancellor is Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi..
Other universities also have traditional rulers as the head.

When did Alakija become a traditional ruler shocked
you are dumb.

5 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Appointed As Chancellor Of Uniosun by omojeesu(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
Titilayodeji13:
The Governor of the State of Osun, Rauf Aregbesola, has appointed the third richest woman of African descent in the world, Folorunso Alakija, as Chancellor of the Osun State University, Osogbo.
The governor, in a statement by his spokesperson, Semiu Okanlawon, said p‎ursuant to the provisions of clause 5(cool of the first schedule to the Osun State University (Establishment) Law, 2006, Mr. Aregbesola is privileged to appointment Mrs. Alakija‎ as the Chancellor of the University. ‎
The appointment, which according to the statement, takes immediate effect will be for a period of five years.‎
The statement noted that statute 3(1) (a) and statute 5 of the Osun State University Law (2006) provides that the University shall have a Chancellor, who shall, in relation to the University take precedence before all other members of the University and when he or she is present shall preside at all meetings of Convocation held for conferring degrees, diplomas, certificates and other awards.‎
Mr. Aregbesola, while congratulating the new Chancellor, said Mrs. Alakija’s antecedent and sterling qualities as a God-fearing woman, a person of honour, integrity and successful business woman would no doubt impact positively on the running of Osun State University.
The governor pointed out that the government of Osun would look forward to a great working relationship with the new Chancellor as she leads Osun State University, Osogbo, to a new height of excellence.‎
“‎I wish to inform you, that the investiture is expected to hold during the 4th Convocation ceremony of the institution, proposed to come up on Friday 10th and Saturday 11th February, 2016.‎

“‎While congratulating you once again, please accept the assurance of best regards of the people and Government of Osun”.
In her acceptance letter addressed to the governor, Mrs Alakija said, “It is with pleasure that I receive and accept the appointment as the chancellor of the University of Osun State. I pray for God’s grace and strength to execute my duties as Chancellor of the University during my five-year tenure.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/197456-osun-appoints-billionaire-oil-baron-folorunso-alakija-chancellor-osun-varsity.html

More money for Osun!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Fire Teargas As UNILAG Students Protest Over Hike In School Fees / Ambode Offers Fuhad Adetoro Ogunsanya, LASU Best Student N5m, Scholarship / UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.