Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest (19132 Views)

BREAKING: UI Shut Over Students’ Protest / Secondary School Closed Over Students Marriages Among Themselves In Bauchi State / 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by olokeded: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
The authorities of University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, have ordered the closure of the gates of the main campus at Akoka due to protest by students.

The aggrieved students were said to be protesting against the rustication of some members of the students' union.

The rusticated students were leaders of the students body that led a protest in April over poor electricity and water supply in the community, and the difficulty faced by a large number of students living off campus to attend classes as a result of the fuel crisis.

Members of the suspended University of Lagos Students Union (ULSU) executive had earlier in the month protested what they described as an “unjust rustication” of the union members.

The aggrieved students gathered at the school’s Senate building to demand thorough investigation of the suspensions of the students’ leaders, ranging from two to four semesters, for their role in a protest that led to the closure of the university in April.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/09/unilag-shut-down-over-students-protest.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 30, 2016
#struggle nice one akokites.aluta continua victoria ascerta

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by generaliy07(m): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2016
Nawa
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Lincoln275(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 30, 2016
unilag shut funaab shut lautech shut Nigeria watsup?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by KauntantJoyce(f): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2016
I hope their voice b heard!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Agimor(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2016
In solidarity they stand.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2016
Aluta continua . . .

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by martin1772(m): 6:55am On Sep 30, 2016
Wish we can protest against our politicians, if we do, wil they shut the gates to the country and tell us to go elsewhere?

15 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Icecomrade: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2016
Rules of the game applies

Never start a battle you can't finish, the consequences maybe more devastating.

This protest must not stop until all your students are re-instated.
Don't compromise this stand.
They are on a mission silent an kill students unionism.

Other institutions will follow suit.

Never allow this to happen in your time.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Tunami(m): 6:55am On Sep 30, 2016
Dem try. Anyway make i pin down here before crowd go come.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Omaresh(f): 6:55am On Sep 30, 2016
It is well

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by adioolayi(m): 6:55am On Sep 30, 2016
Why is it that the only language most University administrators understands is PROTEST

9 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Techpaded(f): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2016
They will blame Buhari now o?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 30, 2016
Hmm, I hail ooo.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Rushtec(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2016
I knw, trust my skul
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by davibid: 6:56am On Sep 30, 2016
Nigerian public universities and poor facilities are like 5&6

undecided
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by legendte(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by kdfemi(m): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Motun03:
unilag shut funaab shut lautech shut
Nigeria watsup?
na the gate the shut o no be school activities

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Olukologia(m): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Nothing is new in ds change era. Na evrytym protest dey happen for ds UNILAG
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by otemanuduno: 6:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Unilag
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Debaddest(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2016
[size=14pt]I'm in support of their protest, it's their fundamental right, and beside the school management is not telling the truth concerning the rusticated students.[/size]

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by alkines(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2016
keeping the spirit going....aluta tinz...

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Jessidaisy4(f): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2016
Studying in Nigeria cry
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by martineinstein(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2016
unilag has become shit and nasty,lately

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by alkines(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2016
keeping the spirit going....

aluta continua......

victoria ascerta

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by kdfemi(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2016
Olukologia:
Nothing is new in ds change era. Na evrytym protest dey happen for ds UNILAG
unilag students can't protest again o if you still won head at the right time, na NANS they help us protest now

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by khalhokage(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2016
What kind of administration does unilag now have? They're acting like dictators.

11 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Olasco93: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2016
I will miss my UNILAG guys so much. I will finally be moving to the State next month, thanks guys for the good friendship and for being there for me, your friendship has shapen me positively.
I got a job offer with an NGO in US. I'll be taking off for chicago on the 4th of November. Keep up with studies and to my friends on this great Forum keep doing the good work.
Sorry for the short notice, I just got the confirmation early this morning. We'll keep in touch with my already existing Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype and Allo.
The good Lord that did this for me will do yours also, just trust and believe on Him.
This is what I dreamt about this morning.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by photoshoot(m): 7:05am On Sep 30, 2016
Hmm, peace returned already. I just entered the school compound smiley

Its about time!
#BRINGBACKULSU

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2016
adioolayi:
Why is it that the only language most University administrators understands is PROTEST

cos protest weakens der bone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Research Project Topics & Materials Here Online / Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa In Pictures / Between China And India, Where Is The Best Place To Study Software Engineering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.