Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus (1412 Views)

Fresh N3.9bn For Villa Maintenance, N795m For Website… 2016 Budget / Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) / Anambra State Daily Road Maintenance Men At Work. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by temitayoolu(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nigeria to spend NGN273,657,322 for website maintenance and antivirus.

Would the antivirus cure Ebola ?

cc lalasticlala ishilove

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by ckmayoca: 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lolzzz. We don enter ham. Asiri ti n tu
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by dulux07(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hmmmm. Might b much. But on d oda hand, Maintaining such website is xpensive tho, its fed govt website n must b very secured, they pay professionals to do d diff jobs on d website.
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by EasternActivist: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
For government website...
Maintenance, portal and information system... At that price is just by God's grace... It should run into billions...
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by KINGTELLER: 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
dulux07:
Hmmmm. Might b much. But on d oda hand, Maintaining such website is xpensive tho, its fed govt website n must b very secured, they pay professionals to do d diff jobs on d website.
I beg leave story, no matter how secure the website is dem go still hack am..
What tangible info or thing can be derive from Federal govt website,

can you read about the people and tribes that contribute Nigeria on that site?

Can you get fact and figures about the geographical distribution of populace?

Can you get infomation relating to present weather forcast about any major city?

Can you access or communicate (getting contact detail) with govt official even if it is their P.A on that website

Is the website dynamic and user friendly?

checkout the US and Canadian govt websites and compare with ours?
Stop defending what you dont know, the day I open the senate and house of rep website, I thought I was browsing a blog site

4 Likes

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by erunz(m): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
they say we are in recession Ooo. lolzz

2 Likes

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
KINGTELLER:

I beg leave story, no matter how secure the website is dem go still hack am..
What tangible info or thing can be derive from Federal govt website, have u checkout the US and Canadian govt websites and compare with ours?
Stop defending what you dont know, the day I open the senate and house of rep website, I thought I was browsing a blog site
So what if this fee is to upgrade it to US and Canadian standard.
I am NOT defending the budget, just deafeating ur arguement
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by peacengine(m): 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
If this is not corruption who can define it

2 Likes

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by poiZon: 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
Obiagelli:
So what if this fee is to upgrade it to US and Canadian standard. I am defending the budget, just deafeating ur arguement

how u no go defend am, rice eater. 200+ million for website......impunity continua!

7 Likes

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by KINGTELLER: 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
Obiagelli:

So what if this fee is to upgrade it to US and Canadian standard.
I am defending the budget, just deafeating ur arguement
Even if that budget was made to upgrade to U.S standard, it can't be up to that amount, multinational organistional are meticulous in their expenses and they have sophisticated websites with hightech SEO, I can bet cheveron dont pay such amount for their website

4 Likes

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by chubhiee: 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
peacengine:
If this is not corruption who can define it
Corruption? No. Racket? Yes.
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by chrisblack: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
KINGTELLER:

Even if that budget was made to upgrade to U.S standard, it can't be up to that amount, multinational organistional are meticulous in their expenses and they have sophisticated websites with hightech SEO, I can bet cheveron dont pay such amount for their website
guys this is where you always say what you don't know.a website of $2m is small compare to what many govt around the world spend on their website .coming to this forum to say what your little mind can phantom is laughable.ask Google to tell you the cost
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by temitayoolu(m): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
chrisblack:
guys this is where you always say what you don't know.a website of $2m is small compare to what many govt around the world spend on their website .coming to this forum to say what your little mind can phantom is laughable.ask Google to tell you the cost

Refer me to the website of 2 million dollars please and please note that this is for maintenance not for development. The website is a CMS also which antivirus ?
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by Standing5(m): 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
What? That's too much for a website when there are many Local developers who can give u a good site for a small( 10%-15% ) fraction of that fee
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by KINGTELLER: 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
chrisblack:

Oga go and sit down, how many activities can be carried out on our Federal govt websites to warrant such amount, do u know the volume of traffic U.S website consume for it to worth the $2m, compare to our static website that has no citizen Database.

U.S gov website controls all sources plateform for citizen and non-citizens, (including country visa application and American visa lottery for non citizens), likewise Canadian govt website. So if their govt earmark $20m for it, no eyebrow will be raised because the website function and traffic is glaring compare to our federal govt website

Point of correction, I dont google info and read sheepishly, I try to justify info

3 Likes

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by chrisblack: 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
temitayoolu:

Refer me to the website of 2 million dollars please and please note that this is for maintenance not for development. The website is a CMS also which antivirus ?
guy you know nothing about website.may you are one of this so-called cut and paste website heroes. Even before going deep with you on this. Did you even bother to read what the software they intend deploy in. Can I ask you how much banks spent on their portal solution. Not to talk of a government Educational MIS portal to manage the entire schol and students within the country. You must be a novice some of this boys with one Bob phone forming ict guru.
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by chrisblack: 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
KINGTELLER:

Oga go and sit down, how many activities can be carried out on our Federal govt websites to warrant such amount, do u know the volume of traffic U.S website consume for it to worth the $2m, compare to our static website that has no citizen Database.

U.S gov website controls all sources plateform for citizen and non-citizens, (including country visa application and American visa lottery for non citizens), likewise Canadian govt website. So if their govt earmark $20m for it, no eyebrow will be raised because the website function and traffic is glaring compare to our federal govt website

Point of correction, I dont google info and read sheepishly, I try to justify info
$1m to develop and maintain a national E- MIS is even cheap by global standard. This is the problem we have in this country. People without proper knowledge of stuffs coming to form pro. Let me ask you if you even know any anything about this. And average school portal software for just 1school cost how much . I have been in school portal business for years right from the days of socket works. Even may of thge portals we have are just payment platforms not full fledge portals. So you saying rubbish thinking you are saying something is stupidity in the lowest level. And average low level school portal solution from India who is the global wahrehouse of educational software is Around $60_100k with lot of bugs. Even Eden a that is the most common was $120k for advance partnership white label solution.see guy I don't want to delve much into an area am talking to a novice.a national E-mis solution of a little less than $1m is cheap.

1 Like

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by talktimi(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
dulux07:
[s]Hmmmm. Might b much. But on d oda hand, Maintaining such website is xpensive tho, its fed govt website n must b very secured, they pay professionals to do d diff jobs on d website[/s].
if I describe you with the proper adjective now MYND44 will ban me but in the meantime use the space between your ears
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
chrisblack:
$1m to develop and maintain a national E- MIS is even cheap by global standard. This is the problem we have in this country. People without proper knowledge of stuffs coming to form pro. Let me ask you if you even know any anything about this. And average school portal software for just 1school cost how much . I have been in school portal business for years right from the days of socket works. Even may of thge portals we have are just payment platforms not full fledge portals. So you saying rubbish thinking you are saying something is stupidity in the lowest level. And average low level school portal solution from India who is the global wahrehouse of educational software is Around $60_100k with lot of bugs. Even Eden a that is the most common was $120k for advance partnership white label solution.see guy I don't want to delve much into an area am talking to a novice.a national E-mis solution of a little less than $1m is cheap.

Na ur papa be education minister? Thieves!!
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by KINGTELLER: 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
chrisblack:

Dude you know how ur folks over quote prices to ur advantages, so dont bamboozer me with ur EMIS or portal/web application design.

If you are deaf (no offence intended), I guess you aren't blind to read that budgeted amount is not for ur portal upgrade or web application development.

Show a paper work or link that butteress ur fictitious website figure and stop sugar coating amount abeg
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by persius555(m): 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
I am not here to justfy the amount allocated for this purpose but seriously speaking, for a govt website that should efficiently run all the various MDAs in nigeria on a e-govt platform you will require far more than that. It all boils down to the functionality of the website. If these sites are going to be hosting multiple database and responding to query requests, definitely a regular website does not come to mind. There is the staff angle and of course hardwares, security and maintainace, all working in the background. It all boils down to funtionality. I peronally know of compaies who spend close to 70 million naira yearly on their web infrastructure alone. Whether its justified or not, i am not a financial accountant.
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by KINGTELLER: 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
persius555:
I am not here to justfy the amount allocated for this purpose but seriously speaking, for a govt website that should efficiently run all the various MDAs in nigeria on a e-govt platform you will require far more than that. It all boils down to the functionality of the website. If these sites are going to be hosting multiple database and responding to query requests, definitely a regular website does not come to mind. There is the staff angle and of course hardwares, security and maintainace, all working in the background. It all boils down to funtionality. I peronally know of compaies who spend close to 70 million naira yearly on their web infrastructure alone. Whether its justified or not, i am not a financial accountant.
May God bless, you have hit the nail on the head.

Functionality is what determines the price of a website and number of DB it host not what that Chrisblack is talking abt justifying wrong approach to web maintenance when the existing hosted website is rubbish
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by chrisblack: 7:20am On Jan 28, 2016
KINGTELLER:

Functionality is what determines the price of a website and number of DB it host not what that Chrisblack is talking abt justifying wrong approach to web maintenance when the existing hosted website is rubbish
king teller or chief lie teller. Go over the budget proposal again read what was written. It involves a new MIS, maintenance of existing solutions antivirus, not the otigba cracks you are used to .I know many of you guys don't buy genuine softwares that is why your brain is finding of difficult correlating the said amount, just one bank in Nigeria I know spent over 100m on just antivirus and software maintenance. Do you even know what it entails running a govt MIS across the country in realtime. Do you even know the functionalities involved in the New e-mis .guy you know nothing.okay let me ask you what do you think a bank spend on finale a year for just maintenance. Mofo you will never know.all you are shouting is less than a $1m and this is very cheap. Go and ask seamfix they will lecture you. Mumu
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by chrisblack: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2016
KINGTELLER:

and guy to show your level of stupidity. Am not one of those who just jump in without reasoning all because I want to criticise buhari for hating sake.I now anything you guys see an opportunity to shout your willing throat out you never fail to do that. I have being oppourtuned to work in an environment. Where software worth over $1m was deployed. So I know what it means . you talk about databases. Do you even know what it takes to run an oracle database environment with administrator's.do you know what An oracle Db admin earns. Do you know what it takes to maintain a mini data center a year.guy go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by KINGTELLER: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2016
chrisblack:
king teller or chief lie teller. Go over the budget proposal again read what was written. It involves a new MIS, maintenance of existing solutions antivirus, not the otigba cracks you are used to.

Who is assuring you that our so called gullible govt workers won't source for the Otigba cracks ?? Sit down there and be high on cow dung

chrisblack:
I know many of you guys don't buy genuine softwares that is why your brain is finding of difficult correlating the said amount, just one bank in Nigeria I know spent over 100m on just antivirus and software maintenance.

Hahaha.. one bank in Nigeria, ode do you know the kick-back that goes back to the bank stakeholders in the name of signing software contract deal? The company I once work for sells software solution for 70% of Nigeria banks and I can tell you how this so called bank cut the price quotation to suit them.. If your bank signs 100m for anti-virus, don't be surprise 40-50% is going back to the bank stakeholders.

chrisblack:
Do you even know what it entails running a govt MIS across the country in realtime. Do you even know the functionalities involved in the New e-mis .guy you know nothing.okay let me ask you what do you think a bank spend on finale a year for just maintenance. Mofo you will never know.all you are shouting is less than a $1m and this is very cheap. Go and ask seamfix they will lecture you. Mumu

Realtime in Nigeria, when our govt dont have a concrete database of how many students they enroll and pass-out each year. Oga, there're some information I can't be sharing with you online, software companies (in Nigeria) act as middle-men between organisations (banks and other parastatal) and software solution providers. If a software bundle cost $50k from the solution provider, our middle-men companies will add their own profits, aside the money that will be quoted as kick-backs to the DG and other dignitaries who will sign-out the deal.

chrisblack:
I have being oppourtuned to work in an environment. Where software worth over $1m was deployed. So I know what it means . you talk about databases. Do you even know what it takes to run an oracle database environment with administrator's.do you know what An oracle Db admin earns. Do you know what it takes to maintain a mini data center a year.guy go and sit down.

Data-center indeed, how many data center do federal government have?

chrisblack:
and guy to show your level of stupidity. Am not one of those who just jump in without reasoning all because I want to criticise buhari for hating sake.I now anything you guys see an opportunity to shout your willing throat out you never fail to do that.

I can see you're a political bigot, who is mentioning Buhari here? we are arguing on website cost and all you do is drag the discuss into party affair. I think I need to quit brainstorming with you because it evident your aim of defense is to align with a party and not see reasons.

N.B I have every right to criticize this current govt because if they have envisage to fund their own govt by taxing me, then I will cry blue murder when I see them display fictitious figures. Aurevoire
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by IVORY2009(m): 8:04am On Jan 28, 2016
dulux07:

is not so shocked ask you self this question, is the website made of gold?
Re: NGN273,657,322 For Website Maintenance And Antivirus by temitayoolu(m): 10:55am On Jan 28, 2016
chrisblack:
guy you know nothing about website.may you are one of this so-called cut and paste website heroes. Even before going deep with you on this. Did you even bother to read what the software they intend deploy in. Can I ask you how much banks spent on their portal solution. Not to talk of a government Educational MIS portal to manage the entire schol and students within the country. You must be a novice some of this boys with one Bob phone forming ict guru.

Brother no be fight.

Banks mostly spend a lot on their internet banking portals because of the features and also security built into the system.

I have developed apps for major banks and thou the money was in milli it wasn't that much. If you check the image I posted very well before jumping into conclusion you would know that this is for maintanance new website for a ministry and an antivirus software.

If I may ask are you a computer science student ?
Have you ever design a website or complex web application ?
Have you ever charged above a million for a tech job ?
Do you run a tech company with at least 10 staffs ?
Please point me to a website that was done for 1 million dollars.
Website oh not application ?
Are you in anyway related to the people that got the contract ?

Check this articles for the price of website

http://www.executionists.com/blog/much-website-cost-2015/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2016/01/26/making-money-and-breaking-records-in-the-sticker-business/#37425b05a5d1

(1) (Reply)

Wanna See Crude Prices Rise? Pray For War Btw Saudi And Iran / In Photos: Man Arrested With Soldier Uniforms In Rivers State / SR: No Hiding Place For Saraki As Code Of Conduct Bureau Exposes His New Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.