Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. (26465 Views)

Hilarious Picture Of A UNN Finalist's Celebration Program / PHOTO: UNN Dentistry Student Missing / PHOTO: UNN STUDENT MISSING! #HelpMeFindKessy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by smithvera38: 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by DaFlash: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
This is nice
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
When beauty was still golden, unlike 21st powder and pancake + lipstick beauty.
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Tukor32: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
jango! o boy run come oo see ur mama
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Baroba(m): 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
I doubt this is the 60s, i will probably say late 70s to early 80s ...
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by CallMeNJay: 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
classic
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Tycoflu(m): 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
The place just look like front of new library in black and white. (between Vc office and Nnamdi Azikiwe Library). I doubt if its possible judging by the location of the old library ( behind jimbaz).

1 Like

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Chinom(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
Viktor1983:

No be today Girls begin fine.
e don tey oo.

Correction: No be today IGBO girls begin fine.

4 Likes

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
Na dis kin tin igbo men wan dey enjoy alone? Lai lai we no go divide this country grin but seriously speaking ibos re rily good looking,in jos back then when st pauls college closes,the fair damsels that full the street of terminus down through church street is unimaginable,a true josite can testify to this

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by columbus007(m): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
christejames:
. they look pretty just like you...
thanks dear!
Are you sure your mum ain't among them?
easy broff undecided
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
Where did our gals inherit this fairness genes...so back in the day Igbo chicks were light as well.
I have an incurable crush on fair ladies, even if she's an empty head.

Back in the day Bianca's photo was Vaseline to my imaginations.

Iara Oshiomole, I am seeing you now, finite.
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by modestdude(m): 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
christejames:
So it didn't start in this contemporary age (21st century) of our?. See how classic they look like "veteran cars". Striking a pose with all smiles like models (except for the one that have her face on visor, obviously shyness).
As a swot, see how the first 'pretty' clutched her book like her life depends on it... LOL! there all look like mulattos.
Do you notice the guy haggling with the taxi driver? maybe, he is even begging to have a hitchhike with him (as lion na, see swag... no be today)...
Who can perfectly translate the inscription on the body of the car in Igbo language? ...let me try, "... EBUBE NA CHUKWU DI" which means "...GLORY BECAUSE THERE IS GOD".
The building under construction behind the angels could be one of the numerous female hostels.
Lions and lionesses, and also super lions and lionesses please come in here lets eulogize our " mama lionesses " during their prime. #U'Christe.
GOD IS GLORIOUS. (There is glory in God)
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by modestdude(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2016
DerKaiser:
I so much love Igbo chicks.

Even though I am Igbo myself, born and raised in Enugu, I still get shivers whenever I come across Igbo girls.

Their beauty sometimes is indescribable.

God forgive me but those days in the 90s, I use to run back from C.I.C. as quickly as I can just to hang on the balcony and wait for all those beautiful dimes from Girls High School Awkunanaw, HRC, Queens and University Secondary School to pass by my street just so I can observe beautiful creatures of God.

Most Gs from the Coal City on this thread would bear me witness. We all did this.
Bros walahi, I did same o but mine was in O'town. Always at 1.30pm (school dismissal time), as a jambite awaiting admission, I will sit at the balcony observing pretty damsels from Owerri girls and Alvana model Girls passing through my street. It felt so good back then especially when they return ur glance and winks with blushes

2 Likes

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by MonPro: 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
Those days of our mothers, when women still had dignity. Those days that if you are toasting a lady she will be feeling ashamed and start drawing sketches on the ground with her legs and tell you to come see her parents.

Nowadays, na woman dey toast man for road. Our young ladies can't even cook good soup anymore, you wan spoil their fixed long nails? the only thing they know how to cook is hot water and at best indomie. They prefer Mr biggs, chicken republic, Mr fan. Civilization they call it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by DerKaiser: 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
modestdude:
Bros walahi, I did same o but mine was in O'town. Always at 1.30pm (school dismissal time), as a jambite awaiting admission, I will sit at the balcony observing pretty damsels from Owerri girls and Alvana model Girls passing through my street. It felt so good back then especially when they return ur glance and winks with blushes

Hahaha Bro you know how the thing go.

I had a particular crush that always made me eat lunch later than my siblings because I would be hanging there waiting for her to pass grin cheesy

Looking back at it now, I always laugh at how naive I was then.

Still them or nothing else though. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
RIZLER:
Na dis kin tin igbo men wan dey enjoy alone? Lai lai we no go divide this country grin but seriously speaking ibos re rily good looking,in jos back then when st pauls college closes,the fair damsels that full the street of terminus down through church street is unimaginable,a true josite can testify to this
Lol.
St Paul na Igbo school?
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by diva90: 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
So much beauty in that picture. The days before the Brazilian weave and bleaching cream era grin btw my mother is an alumni of the prestigious UNN

3 Likes

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by chigoizie7(m): 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
No be even today women begin pay attention to cars.

Those ladies in the pictures are probably very old now and might be well connected, just imagine what it means for a lady to go to university in those days, rare I must say, the lady cluching her. Books looks a bit like my mum, she was a "ioness" though in the mid 80's.

Seriously, I wish many things in life, seeing old pictures of my parents and how they tell stories about how life was so easy and sweet then, I just feel like going back in time just to have a taste of it. But I can't, soo many wishes for me.

4 Likes

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Viktor1983(m): 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Chinom:

Correction: No be today IGBO girls begin fine.

It's a university, ppl from different places are expected to study there.
Well u might be right.
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Adaezeagu(f): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
DerKaiser:
I so much love Igbo chicks.

Even though I am Igbo myself, born and raised in Enugu, I still get shivers whenever I come across Igbo girls.

Their beauty sometimes is indescribable.

God forgive me but those days in the 90s, I use to run back from C.I.C. as quickly as I can just to hang on the balcony and wait for all those beautiful dimes from Girls High School Awkunanaw, HRC, Queens and University Secondary School to pass by my street just so I can observe beautiful creatures of God.

Most Gs from the Coal City on this thread would bear me witness. We all did this.
Am a witness
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by JayEntaur(m): 10:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
When beauty wasn't measured by how much skin you showed. They all look fresh & cleanly gorgeous.

3 Likes

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by dokchizzy(m): 11:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
looks like bello hostel back in d den
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by mmsen: 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
This pic was taken in the 1980s.

Not the 60s.

1 Like

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Okudiover(m): 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
christejames:
So it didn't start in this contemporary age (21st century) of our?. See how classic they look like "veteran cars". Striking a pose with all smiles like models (except for the one that have her face on visor, obviously shyness).
As a swot, see how the first 'pretty' clutched her book like her life depends on it... LOL! there all look like mulattos.
Do you notice the guy haggling with the taxi driver? maybe, he is even begging to have a hitchhike with him (as lion na, see swag... no be today)...
Who can perfectly translate the inscription on the body of the car in Igbo language? ...let me try, "... EBUBE NA CHUKWU DI" which means "...GLORY BECAUSE THERE IS GOD".
The building under construction behind the angels could be one of the numerous female hostels.
Lions and lionesses, and also super lions and lionesses please come in here lets eulogize our " mama lionesses " during their prime. #U'Christe.

cool cool cool cool These damsels are not 60s or 70s but early 80s and at worst very late 70s. Look at the jerry curls hair style and your would know . Besides I know the one on the extreme left but can't tell ya for good reason (Ex wife of a prominent Igbo politician).

1 Like

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by vickydevoka(m): 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
RIZLER:
BABA u been the rilly observe den. i swear no be lies.
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by doveda: 11:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
MonPro:
Those days of our mothers, when women still had dignity. Those days that if you are toasting a lady she will be feeling ashamed and start drawing sketches on the ground with her legs and tell you to come see her parents.

Nowadays, na woman dey toast man for road. Our young ladies can't even cook good soup anymore, you wan spoil their fixed long nails? the only thing they know how to cook is hot water and at best indomie. They prefer Mr biggs, chicken republic, Mr fan. Civilization they call it.

Don't you know the way to your village or to a kitchen?
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by illiad1(m): 12:15am On Feb 06, 2016
christejames:
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Rosemary216(f): 12:34am On Feb 06, 2016
Chai... See my aunt oooo.... Mk I laf small b4 I send give her! grin grin
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by princee7(m): 12:46am On Feb 06, 2016
I tot they say the beautiful ones are not yet born. The person that come up with such is not from naija if he is let him come n take a look at this pic kiss kiss cry

1 Like

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by MonPro: 1:13am On Feb 06, 2016
doveda:

Don't you know the way to your village or to a kitchen?

Jamb question. I was born raised in the village. Grew up tapping from wisdom of my grannies.

1 Like

Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 06, 2016
myfantasies:
Dey all look pretty kiss
And decent....I love decent babes ..... cool
Re: Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. by danidee10(m): 1:40am On Feb 06, 2016
Maycher:
Beautiful lionesses. They must be from Biological Sciences or Arts.

Because u dey dia that time na undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Avoid Christian Private Universities - MURIC Tells Nigerian Muslims / Danung Simtong Langchel Best Graduating Student Of Bingham University, Nasarawa / 18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.