Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. (31689 Views)

Ven Ernest Ezumezu, Anglican Priest Dies While Preaching At A Wedding In Anambra / Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement / This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2016
I came from a staunch Catholic family, my dad is a knight, he has held many positions in various catholic association, right now he is down with partial stroke for the past nine years now.

In 2014, I got married to my Anglican husband with the full support from my parents,but my daddy's only sister, who lives in the village,was strongly against it,she fought our kinsmen when they secretly anchored our first for the fear of being reported to the church, threatening to report to the parish priest, saying that Catholics are not allowed to marry non Catholics in our village,she went ahead and reported l and my parents to the church.

Due to my dads condition, they couldn't go, so i went alone but was shocked at what the priest told me, he made me choose between the two churches, making it clear that if i wed in Anglican, that I have chosen darkness over light.

To cut the long story short, I successfully got married but my aunt made her own family and our kindred not to attend my traditional marriage, it was rather attended by the non Catholics, and also the church made my parents not to attend my white wedding, that if they attend, that they will not bury them when they die. But now, even without attending my white wedding, the church still insists that they will not bury my parents if they die since they allowed me to marry an Anglican, except if they openly apologize to the whole church.

My question is apologize for what? Please am not trying to paint catholic black, I was a devoted catholic even till now, but this?? pls NL, I need the address to the head of catholic church in Nigeria,I need answer to this please question

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by zinachidi(m): 8:15am On Jan 28, 2016
it's not a general catholic thing, I'm a catholic, but my church allows inter denominational marriages,. hope u get good advices here though, cos I can't be of much help.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Leopantro: 8:16am On Jan 28, 2016
Can you give the agitated members a copy of the bible and ask them to point out where Catholics or Anglican is written in the Bible or where it is written been Anglican or Catholic are guaranteed entry into Heaven?

153 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Pamelayoung: 8:33am On Jan 28, 2016
A friend of mine was in a similar situation, they wudn't bury her dad, wat her family did was simply converted to Anglican. Your family shld do likewise

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
Pamelayoung:
A friend of mine was in a similar situation, they wudn't bury her dad, wat her family did was simply converted to Anglican. Your family shld do likewise
yes,its similar to what my elder brother said,that Anglicans will be there to do that,but seriously am highly disappointed

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
[quote author=Leopantro post=42394781]
hmmmm,their believe is more than what is or not written in the bible,they call it dogma

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Penssuwa(m): 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
Wrong at all falls. This is not love that Christ preached nor salvation He brought to us. Spirituality has been sacrificed on the altar of Religiousness.
This is not generally practiced in Catholic church.

18 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Kamxin(m): 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
""making it clear that if i wed in anglican ,that i have choosen darkness over light ""

You have answers, are you begging for questions?

5 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Kamxin(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
ikechizoba:
? please am not trying to paint catholic black,i was a devoted catholic even till now,but this?? pls NL,I need the address to the head of catholic church in nig,I need answer to this please question

BTW, Faith and marriage which one is important to you? Your write up is a piece of paradox.

I think you need a tutorial on logic, this is the problem I notice always with some women.
Computer or maths graduate can help on this, I think it will help you sustain your marriage

8 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by phabulous88(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=ikechizoba post=42404100][/quote]

I'm a staunch catholic and this is surprising to me. Have you tried reporting the priest to the Bishop of your diocese?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 07, 2017
phabulous88:

I'm a staunch catholic and this is surprising to me. Have you tried reporting the priest to the Bishop of your diocese?

my brother,l haven't..l wish my parents long life,till when God calls them back,and they go on with their threat,that is when we will act.... besides,they all think alike, thanks for your concern

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by dominique(f): 8:50am On Jul 07, 2017
I thought Catholics and Anglicans share similar doctrines, why so much discrimination? If you had married a Pentecostal nko? All he'll would have broken lose.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by smileing: 9:05am On Jul 07, 2017
What then do we preach as christians? what makes Anglican darkness and catholic light? Is this a height of hatred in the church?Christ is the light of all
Dear try letting the bishop kno. For the church to say they won't bury your parents s no issue
Other churches can do that.
Most important thing is that you are happily married

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by analice107: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
ikechizoba:

my brother,l haven't..l wish my parents long life,till when God calls them back,and they go on with their threat,that is when we will act.... besides,they all think alike, thanks for your concern
I was born a Catholic. My Dad was also a Knight, he is late now.

As i was growing, i became very inquisitive, asking questions. My questions actually stems from the kind of dreams i was having. I was having dreams of rapture continuously. In Catholic Church, we were taught Pogatory, not Rapture, this kept me curious.
I needed answers, there was no one to talk to, so i started seeking. Just like the Bible said 'He that seeks shall find', I found answers out of Catholic Church, so i left.
Am a Pentecostal now.

But, some years back, a Catholic man came to marry me, here were his conditions.

1. Return to Catholic Church.

2. Go back to your parish, meet your parish priest. explain yourself and apologize.

3. Your Dad will pay up all the dues which have accrued to you from when you left.

4. Then i will marry you in my Church, he said. (Catholic)

With the knowledge of the Bible i now have, i told him no. I saw him as a religious man, not a Christian. In all he said, i didn't see any iota of Christianity in him

Religion is plunging us back into what Christ saved us from. HATE, SELF, MALICE, SEGREGATION, AND HAUGHTINESS. All these are satanic traits.

You see, in this life, we came alone and we shall go back alone. Don't let Dogma put in place by men, keep you down.

Love is Christ's only message on earth.

Love is the opposite of Pride. Pride is selective, Love is not.

Ask yourself this my dearest, what Law as far as Christ's teachings are concerned, have you defaulted? and what law did your parents who for all their lives have been good Catholics living according her dogmas done to be shunned?

Wait, does Christ shun anyone? If Christ shuns anyone, which of us will even be alive today?

My dearest, let this hang over your head, If you are a Christian, then find out what Christ says about anything before you do them, and if you are right, pls do it irrespective of what people will say, because ultimately, it is Christ who died for you, you owe, not anyman.

Your parents will die, the Anglican Church can bury your Dad. be concern about his soul when he dies, not his carcass which shall remain in the dust.

Shalom.

231 Likes 20 Shares

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
analice107:

I was born a Catholic. My Dad was also a Knight, he is late now.

As i was growing, i became very inquisitive, asking questions. My questions actually stems from the kind of dreams i was having. I was having dreams of rapture continuously. In Catholic Church, we were taught Pogatory, not Rapture, this kept me curious.
I needed answers, there was no one to talk to, so i started seeking. Just like the Bible said 'He that seeks shall find', I found answers out of Catholic Church, so i left.
Am a Pentecostal now.

But, some years back, a Catholic man came to marry me, here were his conditions.

1. Return to Catholic Church.

2. Go back to your parish, meet your parish priest. explain yourself and apologize.

3. Your Dad will pay up all the dues which have accrued to you from when you left.

4. Then i will marry you in my Church, he said. (Catholic)

With the knowledge of the Bible i now have, i told him no. I saw him as a religious man, not a Christian. In all he said, i didn't see any iota of Christianity in him

Religion is plunging us back into what Christ saved us from. HATE, SELF, MALICE, SEGREGATION, AND HAUGHTINESS. All these are satanic traits.

You see, in this life, we came alone and we shall go back alone. Don't let Dogma put in place by men, keep you down.

Love is Christ's only message on earth.

Love is the opposite of Pride. Pride is selective, Love is not.

Ask yourself this my dearest, what Law as far as Christ's teachings are concerned, have you defaulted? and what law did your parents who for all their lives have been good Catholics living according her dogmas done to be shunned?

Wait, does Christ shun anyone? If Christ shuns anyone, which of us will even be alive today?

My dearest, let this hang over your head, If you are a Christian, then find out what Christ says about anything before you do them, and if you are right, pls do it irrespective of what people will say, because ultimately, it is Christ who died for you, you owe, not anyman.

Your parents will die, the Anglican Church can bury your Dad. be concern about his soul when he dies, not his carcass which shall remain in the dust.

Shalom.

thank you so so much,you've said it all

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by analice107: 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
ikechizoba:

thank you so so much,you've said it all
May the Lord, your God lead you as you seek him. Amen.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
Leopantro:
Can you give the agitated members a copy of the bible and ask them to point out where Catholics or Anglican is written in the Bible or where it is written been Anglican or Catholic are guaranteed entry into Heaven?
God bless you

6 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
I hope they have being buried? .I use to watch this on nollywood movies until the reality but your case isn't different from other protestant churches. They have similar issues too but your aunt was being brainwashed

3 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by bbbabes(f): 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
Life goes on

1 Like

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Vanpascore(m): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
I am here to learn from people's comment
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by bbbabes(f): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
It's nothing new
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by superior1: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
Roman Catholics aren't Christians. Ask your parents to leave idol worshipping and embrace Christ.

You don't need a church denomination to get them buried.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by MirJay: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
undecided

Africans take things to far,extreme and personal.
Religion ought to be a guide not a rod.

I can categorically state that the socalled Aunty in question might even be a witch.

To those out there who uses religion as a tool to perpetrate heinous acts i just have some words for u;

1) i hope you make it to heaven and not only that i want to see you all seated on the right hand side of God on the Judgment day judging the world alongside him.

If God says Mr Evans go to paradise i hope to see u counter God's decision OR ELSE

2) may you all be thundered 7 tyms on Judgement day (that is before your judgment starts).

14 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by wunmi590(m): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
I understand your pain and point in standing between the person who will give you and everlasting joy.

Our problem in this country is that we attached so much importance to something that is not neccessary.

Since your father and mother who brought you to the catholichood, I see no reason why your aunty should be taking it so personal, like somebody who is hawking gala.

And for the priest, he just said that to scare you off from your husband, that Anglican is a darkness, though they were together before they depart each other.

I also have an uncle who is now a pastor in redeem, who told me to leave catholic that they don't teach anything, I never mind him, I still continue with my doctrine.

Please if you love your husband, enjoy him well and close your two ears from what they are saying, in other not to be distracted.

I am more of a Catholic than some people who were born inside the church and the doctrine.

Infact you hardly see me collect fliers of other church just because I won't go, and I don't want to waste the fliers.

I was born a methodist, but followed some friends who are Catholics and after going to the church, I really fell in love with the way they sing the Latin that day, so till today I don't joke with Catholics church, and I have encountered many huge success since I joined the church.

Even during my service, I dedicated most of my time to build the youth of the catholic church around me.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by flyca: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
See the segregation Religion is causing to humanity!!!

Is no longer between Christian and Muslims. Its now Christians and fellow christians!

Sister, how I wish you can understand that Religion is a scam!
undecided

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Oyindidi(f): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
I we want to conquer the world for Christ God help us
Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
Who get tissue ?
That is why anything outside the Bible is something I will never believe in even at gun point or knife point or even if my destiny is denied cos of it. I live for Christ alone and only his teachings will I follow even if am offered the whole world to add or remove from the principles of Christ , I'd rather die than flaunt Jesus' principles and teachings...
Meanwhile...
All these church people Na mumu period...
Am Assemblies of God and anyi na-agba war now....

5 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by Helen4am(f): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
apologize for what exactly

7 Likes

Re: What My Marriage To An Anglican Caused My Catholic Parents. by greatcrown: 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
ikechizoba:
I came from a staunch Catholic family, my dad is a knight, he has held many positions in various catholic association, right now he is down with partial stroke for the past nine years now.

In 2014, I got married to my Anglican husband with the full support from my parents,but my daddy's only sister, who lives in the village,was strongly against it,she fought our kinsmen when they secretly anchored our first for the fear of being reported to the church, threatening to report to the parish priest, saying that Catholics are not allowed to marry non Catholics in our village,she went ahead and reported l and my parents to the church.

Due to my dads condition, they couldn't go, so i went alone but was shocked at what the priest told me, he made me choose between the two churches, making it clear that if i wed in Anglican, that I have chosen darkness over light.

To cut the long story short, I successfully got married but my aunt made her own family and our kindred not to attend my traditional marriage, it was rather attended by the non Catholics, and also the church made my parents not to attend my white wedding, that if they attend, that they will not bury them when they die. But now, even without attending my white wedding, the church still insists that they will not bury my parents if they die since they allowed me to marry an Anglican, except if they openly apologize to the whole church.

My question is apologize for what? Please am not trying to paint catholic black, I was a devoted catholic even till now, but this?? pls NL, I need the address to the head of catholic church in Nigeria,I need answer to this please question

Why don't you write to the head of Catholic church in Nigeria, why bringing it to Nairaland?

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House / 114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / COVID-19 Kills 200 ECWA Mission Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.