Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? (7128 Views)

I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / Repentance Is A Condition Precedent To Forgiveness OR Vice Versa / Is Forgiveness Like A Debit Card? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Mr x. I am an apc supporter. I dislike the way pdp runs things

Mr y. I am a pdp member but any way it's your opinion.

Mr x.. I love barca and I so much hate Chelsea.

Mr y. Wetin Chelsea dey play. Na barca be baba

Mr x. Any way different choices for different individuals. It's your opinion.

Mr x.. I love wizkid . Davido no get voice.

Mr y. Davido get voice die.

Mr x he no get voice

Mr y I talk say he get voice

Mr x I don't think that islam or Christianity is true.

Mr y. . Um itz not right to disrespect my religion because of.......

You are so hateful for speaking about my religion in this
Manner. You are so evil for saying so so and so about
So and so character of my holy book.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
urahara:

Mr x he no get voice

hahaha so true.. they all recognize the diversity in opinions and rights of people to hold them regarding every other idea out there but if it is about their religious ideas "No no no you have no right to hold a different opinion about it, respect my religion" angry

Good one bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
LoJ:

Hello.

if Quran wasn't mentionned, it would not have hurted you?

Blessings.

It never "hurt" me. It would still be distasteful if any holy books were mocked.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by dalaman: 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

It never "hurt" me. It would still be distasteful if any holy books were mocked.

Holy books? What makes them holy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
dalaman:

The people who believe they are...

One can make a valid point without belittling other people's beliefs. That is a sign of intelligence for me. Ask SonofLucifer he will explain it without comparing the Bible, Qur'an ect with fictional books like harry potter. That guy write too much without reasoning.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
dalaman:

Because she believes it... I am tempted to refer to it as lunacy now..

what is the difference between the Quran and Lord of the rings? Both contain fictitious creatures and characters..

Flying horse thingy Buraq, dividing the moon and other load of bullocks in the Quran, trolls and elfs with orcs in the Lord of the rings..

The only difference is that there are actually humans who believe the Quran to be true and they want so bad to heap this on the public or earn respect for propagating such balderdash

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hypocrisy is real whether you believe in a God or not still trying to figure out what good I could take from the op undecided

*Quote me and die a Muslim* smiley
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by dalaman: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

One can make a valid point without belittling other people's beliefs. That is a sign of intelligence for me. Ask SonofLucifer he will explain it without comparing the Bible, Qur'an ect with fictional books like harry potter. That guy write too much without reasoning.

Belief doesn't make something real. Because people believe in things doesn't make them real or factual. These holy books have been used to support and perpetrate all forms of evil in the world, but that aside. Religious beliefs should not be respected on their own by default, religious beliefs have to merit the respect they are accorded.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
dalaman:

Belief doesn't make something real. Because people believe in things doesn't make them real or factual. These holy books have been used to support and perpetrate all forms of evil in the world, but that aside. Religious beliefs should not be respected on their own by default, religious beliefs have to merit the respect they are accorded.

Whether something is real or worthy of respect is not up for debate. In order for us to live together we all need to respect people's religious beliefs. You can question it, debate with them. Then agree to disagree. What you don't do is isolate, disrespect or belittle their way of life because they won't reason like you. Is that not the same as extremist views regarding others as unworthy. Just chat and discuss things with respect. Why is that hard to understand.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

Think its time you snapped out of your fantasy.

That you believe and respect a book doesn't mean others who don't believe such book owe you any obligation of respecting that book.

Believing it or respecting it is your own cup of tea.. Nobody owe you nothing in that regard...

One can make a valid point without belittling other people's beliefs. That is a sign of intelligence for me.
Somehow you are under the illusion that your opinion matters in this regard... A belief that is vulnerable to being belittled shows one that is starkly shabby ... anything that can be belittled by the truth deserves to be belittled.

Ask SonofLucifer he will explain it without comparing the Bible, Qur'an ect with fictional books like harry potter. That guy write too much without reasoning.
As a matter of fact both the bible and the Quran hoards an enormous amount of fiction just like Harry Potter.

Splitting moon, flying horses.. nobody owes you any obligation of respecting the book you respect... You should take your advice and reason and perhaps snap out of your illusion that others should respect some shabby book just because you believe it

If referring to the Quran as a work of literature like every other book gets to you this way then you be ready to cry me a river.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
Listen you son of a monkey! You pissing me off now. I quote you? For you to be dissecting my words to another person. You reason like a fool no matter how many lines you type. How you even get out of bed and dress yourself would be more of a surprise to me than you bs of opinions on religion/society. You know nothing about my private religious/spiritual beliefs. So go bark at traffic you'd be more helpful to society.

johnydon22:

That you believe and respect a book doesn't mean others who don't believe such book owe you any obligation of respecting that book.

Believing it or respecting it is your own cup of tea.. Nobody owe you nothing in that regard...

Somehow you are under the illusion that your opinion matters in this regard... A belief that is vulnerable to being belittled shows one that is starkly shabby ... anything that can be belittled by the truth deserves to be belittled.

As a matter of fact both the bible and the Quran hoards an enormous amount of fiction just like Harry Potter.

Splitting moon, flying horses.. nobody owes you any obligation of respecting the book you respect... You should take your advice and reason and perhaps snap out of your illusion that others should respect some shabby book just because you believe it

If referring to the Quran as a work of literature like every other book gets to you this way then you be ready to cry me a river.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:
Listen you son of a monkey! You pissing me off now. I quote you? For you to be dissecting my words to another person. You reason like a fool no matter how many lines you type. How you even get out of bed and dress yourself would be more of a surprise to me than you bs of opinions on religion/society. You know nothing about my private religious/spiritual beliefs. So go bark at traffic you'd be more helpful to society.
hahahahahaha Muslims are just easy to toil with ... grin .. if you get pissed there are two options.

1) Bleep off the thread
2)strap a bomb and do what Muslims who gets pissed do best.

I give no flying fuuuck..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by dalaman: 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

Whether something is real or worthy of respect is not up for debate. In order for us to live together we all need to respect people's religious beliefs. You can question it, debate with them. Then agree to disagree. What you don't do is isolate, disrespect or belittle their way of life because they won't reason like you. Is that not the same as extremist views regarding others as unworthy. Just chat and discuss things with respect. Why is that hard to understand.

I agree completely. But if religious beliefs make people act foolish and inhumane, then such religious beliefs deserved to be mocked and ridiculed.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
hahahahahaha Muslims are just easy to toil with ... grin .. if you get pissed there are two options.

1) Bleep off the thread
2)strap a bomb and do what Muslims who gets pissed do best.

I give no flying fuuuck..

Wow. Clap for yourself. I'll take #1 so don't quote me again. Lol. Wow undecided

If we were face to face I'd take #2 but I'd shove the bomb up your asss while your mum watched and I would use a remote to detonate that bomb from Far wink you're passport is non existant that why fvcks don't fly. Pickle dick behind a keyboard getting a harddon from his like and shares.

1 Like

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
dalaman:

I agree completely. But if religious beliefs make people act foolish and inhumane, then such religious beliefs deserved to be mocked and ridiculed.

My skool of thought is two wrongs never make a right so...
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

Wow. Clap for yourself. I'll take #1 so don't quote me again. Lol. Wow undecided

If we were face to face I'd take #2 but I'd shove the bomb up your asss while your mum watched and I would use a remote to detonate that bomb from Far wink you're passport is non existant that why fvcks don't fly. Pickle dick behind a keyboard getting a harddon from his like and shares.
grin grin grin ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

Ok. But your post implied that it is the fact that the Quran is mentioned that "troubled" you. Anyway, Johnydon22 is entitled to his opinion about the book. I have no opinion about the Quran. I never read it (entirely).

Cheers.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 30, 2016
LoJ:

Ok. But your post implied that it is the fact that the Quran is mentioned that "troubled" you. Anyway, Johnydon22 is entitled to his opinion about the book. I have no opinion about the Quran. I never read it (entirely).

Cheers.

I took the Qur'an personal because that's MY foundation. I'm no vigilante, I was having a chat and he crossed a certain line that I AM ENTAILED TO HAVE. That line is clear. The Holy Qur'an was my trigger and someone else might be triggered by the mention of Harry Potter lol I'm not crazy the op is.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 6:33am On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

Wow. You seem to be reinforcing my view that Christians don't allow their religion to destroy their reasoning as much as Muslims. In synopsis that Muslims are more brainwashed than xtians
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 30, 2016
urahara:

Wow. You seem to be reinforcing my view that Christians don't allow their religion to destroy their reasoning as much as Muslims. In synopsis that Muslims are more brainwashed than xtians

Lol! The comment you quoted and your comment don't match so I don't know what to reply.

*Nods and waves*
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 7:17am On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

Lol! The comment you quoted and your comment don't match so I don't know what to reply.

*Nods and waves*

From the first comment you made to the last
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 30, 2016
urahara:

From the first comment you made to the last

Ok. So what you want from me Gerraher man grin
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 7:43am On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113 If that's really you in your profile pic then I have to say you are very beautiful
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

I took the Qur'an personal because that's MY foundation. I'm no vigilante, I was having a chat and he crossed a certain line that I AM ENTAILED TO HAVE. That line is clear. The Holy Qur'an was my trigger and someone else might be triggered by the mention of Harry Potter lol I'm not crazy the op is.
No you ain't crazy and that's not what I'm implying. You have every right to believe in the quran, just as others have the right to disbelieve in it.
That is also true for the bible, the vedas and other faith. Serenity and conviction teach us to remain calm and confident when other express their opinions.

Greetings.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by frank317: 10:23am On Jan 30, 2016
LoJ:

Even if it is your opinion that those books are "stu..pid". It is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Even the most religious person consider some other work of art and literature as "stu..pid". Why should people not consider their revered book as stu..pid? Why should everyone be forced to highly regard a book?

I personally have no opinion about the Quoran. Simply because i never read it in its entirety. I abstain from commenting what I'm not familiar with. Still, I don't think God can be limited to any book whatsoever.

Besides, it is only an expression of our inner doubts and fear that leads us to blame, excommunicate, get angered because someone does not believe the same thing like us. When you know the certainty of your beliefs, you are indifferent to how other see them, provided they don't force you to renounce your conviction.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion about the Bible, the Quran, Nostradamus, Thriller of Michaeld Jackson, the beautiful blue danube and every other work of art on planet earth. We should tolerate difference, and accept other perspectives.

Greetings.

Beautiful....thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by dalaman: 11:13am On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

My skool of thought is two wrongs never make a right so...

Two wrongs? It depends on how you view it. Even at that two wrongs do make a right sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
LoJ:

No you ain't crazy and that's not what I'm implying. You have every right to believe in the quran, just as others have the right to disbelieve in it.
That is also true for the bible, the vedas and other faith. Serenity and conviction teach us to remain calm and confident when other express their opinions.

Greetings.

Thanks. Calm is not my thing but I'm learning slowly. Enjoy your weekend. smiley
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by plaetton: 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

If you can hold a book and tell me that everything in it is true, including the Unicorns and talking donkeys, them I should be able to repudiate your claims using Harry Potter, Marvel Comic books or any other book of fairy tales.

I mean, Christians push their bible at everyone's face , especially those of us that don't subscribe to it.
Why shouldn't we have the right of reply ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by plaetton: 3:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
johnydon22:

Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
I don't know where this is going. Lol. I avoid religion and politics because people are Sensitive. I advocated RESPECT. I'm not arguing for it. Respect like love is given and never taken. I'm done with this. Enjoy your weekend. Blessings#

plaetton:

If you can hold a book and tell me that everything in it is true, including the Unicorns and talking donkeys, them I should be able to repudiate your claims using Harry Potter, Marvel Comic books or any other book of fairy tales.

I mean, Christians push their bible at everyone's face , especially those of us that don't subscribe to it.
Why shouldn't we have the right of reply ?
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by CoolUsername: 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
urahara:

Mr x he no get voice

Top kek, you nailed it, 10/10. You nailed it to a cross!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by dalaman: 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
LoJ:

Cheers.

The problem is the starting point of the believer is that his/her religious books (Bible, Koran, Verders, Book of Mormon, etc) is the word of God. Those books to them aren't read or supposed to be read with a critical eye, but to the believer those books are supposed to be read with devotion, reverence and awe. To them reading these books are acts of worship. Any questions raised about these books are not welcomed. What believers are supposed to do is to keep hailing these books no matter what is written inside them. That is why believers are so angry and scornful of doubt. Because doubt is essential to any true critical thinking and believers do not want to subject their faith to such at all. They are emotionally attached to their beliefs and will always want it to be true regardless of anything. No believer wants to even accept their their religious book which they have been indoctrinated with is not the word of the creator of the universe but the words of fallible men. That is why believers are angry and want people to respect their religious books no matter what. The thing is they are hypocrites because they do not accord the same respect to the religious books of others they were not indoctrinated with. A good example is the christian and muslim endless madness.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? / God Being Partial, Raising Worship Leaders "Only" From Christ Embassy? / How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.