Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? (7143 Views)

I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / Repentance Is A Condition Precedent To Forgiveness OR Vice Versa / Is Forgiveness Like A Debit Card? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
dalaman:

Because doubt is essential to any true critical thinking and believers do not want to subject their faith to such at all. They are emotionally attached to their beliefs and will always want it to be true regardless of anything. No believer wants to even accept their their religious book which they have been indoctrinated with is not the word of the creator of the universe but the words of fallible men.
Yes. And it is incorrect in my perception.

Religious faith by excluding doubt and criticism turns into mental conditioning and submission. The notion that a book a God, or is the only way to God, contradicts in my opinion every sense of justice and love. It implies that illiterates, blind people, and those who live in countries where the book is not available are excluded from God shocked

Doubts do not prevent faith. They rather make it living. They allow us to correct our ways and think for ourselves. See what is wrong and develop thereby. Science is to some extend the product of doubts and interrogations. But even the most religious man today is enjoying the benefits. I see no reason why God would be against someone who examines, questions things so that he will worship out of conviction and sincerity, instead of mere religious adherence and as a result of operating conditioning by the Pastor priest imam or religious leader.

1 Like

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by dalaman: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
LoJ:

Yes. And it is incorrect in my perception.

Religious faith by excluding doubt and criticism turns into mental conditioning and submission. The notion that a book a God, or is the only way to God, contradicts in my opinion every sense of justice and love. It implies that illiterates, blind people, and those who live in countries where the book is not available are excluded from God shocked

Doubts do not prevent faith. They rather make it living. They allow us to correct our ways and think for ourselves. See what is wrong and develop thereby. Science is to some extend the product of doubts and interrogations. But even the most religious man today is enjoying the benefits. I see no reason why God would be against someone who examines, questions things so that he will worship out of conviction and sincerity, instead of mere religious adherence and as a result of operating conditioning by the Pastor priest imam or religious leader.

Words on marble.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by bqlekan(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
johnydon22:
Alright bro wink
sure.. Ronald4lif?
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 10:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
bqlekan:
sure.. Ronald4lif?
What
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by bqlekan(m): 10:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
johnydon22:
What
lol.. i quoted another mention.. ndo.. you can join in the ongoing debate tho
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 10:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
bqlekan:

lol.. i quoted another mention.. ndo.. you can join in the ongoing debate tho
Where?
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by bqlekan(m): 10:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 12:26am On Jan 31, 2016
dalaman:

The problem is the starting point of the believer is that his/her religious books (Bible, Koran, Verders, Book of Mormon, etc) is the word of God. Those books to them aren't read or supposed to be read with a critical eye, but to the believer those books are supposed to be read with devotion, reverence and awe. To them reading these books are acts of worship. Any questions raised about these books are not welcomed. What believers are supposed to do is to keep hailing these books no matter what is written inside them. That is why believers are so angry and scornful of doubt. Because doubt is essential to any true critical thinking and believers do not want to subject their faith to such at all. They are emotionally attached to their beliefs and will always want it to be true regardless of anything. No believer wants to even accept their their religious book which they have been indoctrinated with is not the word of the creator of the universe but the words of fallible men. That is why believers are angry and want people to respect their religious books no matter what. The thing is they are hypocrites because they do not accord the same respect to the religious books of others they were not indoctrinated with. A good example is the christian and muslim endless madness.

I think it goes like this

Mr x.. I have seen a man who lives in mushin that is hair weighs 1kg

Mr y ... What do you take me for. A fool. Prove it .

Mr x... Why can't u just believe. You can choose to believe.

Mr y.... No . You have to prove it or shut up.

Mr x.... Okay Im sorry. I can't.

Mr x ..... I once saw a lion in a zoo speak to me in yoruba .

Mr y... You must be suffering from a mental illness.

Mr x.... I have seen a snake that can kill you just by looking at you

Mr y... ( picks up phone and Googles if there is any extant species like that)

Sorry there has never been any snake like that. Where did you hear such a ridiculous thing like that.

Mr x. The Bible says that a donkey talked to its owner

Mr y.. Umm you see the word of God is always right.

Mr x but where is the proof.

Mr y.. Umm. We walk not by sight but by faith

Mr x. The Bible also says absalom hair which he cut once a year weighed 2.6 kg. Where is the proof

Mr y. Umm. We walk not by faith but by sight. Can't you just force yourself to believe. Why are you allowing the devil to make you disbelieve.

Mr x.. Why are you reasoning in such a foolish manner

Mr y.. You see. I am willing to be a fool for Christ. The book of corinthians says we should be fools for Christ.

Mr x... Um okay. May wisdom always be far away from you.

Mr y..... Amen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 31, 2016
urahara:
grin grin grin

very funny and quite relevant. I'd have prefer with more pidgin like the other one. It got me laughing for hours!!!
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 1:26am On Jan 31, 2016
Pls everyone watch this video and make comments on what your thoughts on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qahB7mYhLxs&hl=en-GB&gl=NG

1 Like

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by cloudgoddess(f): 2:54am On Jan 31, 2016
Nubian113:

Wow. Clap for yourself. I'll take #1 so don't quote me again. Lol. Wow undecided

If we were face to face I'd take #2 but I'd shove the bomb up your asss while your mum watched and I would use a remote to detonate that bomb from Far wink you're passport is non existant that why fvcks don't fly. Pickle dick behind a keyboard getting a harddon from his like and shares.
Reading this was very hilarious, thanks
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by taurus25(m): 8:14am On Jan 31, 2016
urahara:

I think it goes like this

Mr x.. I have seen a man who lives in mushin that is hair weighs 1kg

Mr y ... What do you take me for. A fool. Prove it .

Mr x... Why can't u just believe. You can choose to believe.

Mr y.... No . You have to prove it or shut up.

Mr x.... Okay Im sorry. I can't.

Mr x ..... I once saw a lion in a zoo speak to me in yoruba .

Mr y... You must be suffering from a mental illness.

Mr x.... I have seen a snake that can kill you just by looking at you

Mr y... ( picks up phone and Googles if there is any extant species like that)

Sorry there has never been any snake like that. Where did you hear such a ridiculous thing like that.

Mr x. The Bible says that a donkey talked to its owner

Mr y.. Umm you see the word of God is always right.

Mr x but where is the proof.

Mr y.. Umm. We walk not by sight but by faith

Mr x. The Bible also says absalom hair which he cut once a year weighed 2.6 kg. Where is the proof

Mr y. Umm. We walk not by faith but by sight. Can't you just force yourself to believe. Why are you allowing the devil to make you disbelieve.

Mr x.. Why are you reasoning in such a foolish manner

Mr y.. You see. I am willing to be a fool for Christ. The book of corinthians says we should be fools for Christ.

Mr x... Um okay. May wisdom always be far away from you.

Mr y..... Amen.

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by HARDDON: 9:06am On Jan 31, 2016
johnydon22:
Bible, Quran are both works of human literature same goes with Harry potter, enuma elis and the likes..

So what ever your sentimental attachment towards a particular book is doesn't take it off the category of being a work of literature which i was referring to..

It all rests in what you understand if your sentimental attachment towards the Quran inclines you to place it higher than any other literally works i also hold Lord of the rings in high esteem but that personal sentiment doesn't change it from being a work of literature.

So your misplacement of my meanings remains of your own doing

U term the Bible as work of literature? N even went further to compare it to such mudane books as Harry Potter?

How shallow can one be?
How many blinds eyes have popped opened, how many lame walked, How many insane people got healed because Harry Potter was quoted?

N when that myopic head of yours u lay to bed, How many of those books can explain to u what happens when u got attacked in ur sleep until u wake up sweating profusely , it was so real?

How many of those books can Stand d forces of darkness?
U think the world is all about bread n butter? Literature n arts? U better wake up from ur slumber b4 u die like a chicken Cos people like u, die no other way.

N to think there r those who try to be free minded in this age n time is just simply worrisome.
Know this: as Sure as light n darkness, so is the forces of evil n of God. Ain't no inbtwn

All u wrote here are mortal jargon flowing from an uninformed , unenlightened mind. But just like Saul turned Paul, u still have chance.

GIVE your life to Jesus Christ n watch him transform your life. There ain't no two ways about it.
U r blessed
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by HARDDON: 9:17am On Jan 31, 2016
Nubian113:

Wow. Clap for yourself. I'll take #1 so don't quote me again. Lol. Wow undecided

If we were face to face I'd take #2 but I'd shove the bomb up your asss while your mum watched and I would use a remote to detonate that bomb from Far wink you're passport is non existant that why fvcks don't fly. Pickle dick behind a keyboard getting a harddon from his like and shares.

Mortal!

Might I help spell ur words? Hard-on

D goDs don't dine with mortals

My Quiet Quill
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
HARDDON:

U term the Bible as work of literature? N even went further to compare it to such mudane books as Harry Potter?
No the bible is not work of literature it is a work of dancing..!!!

...I even wonder what you people think literature is, any written piece of book or poem, story in fact anything "written" is literature... Religion has marred your brain so much that you don't even know what literature is... Pitiful and sad ... Www.google.com go help yourself

How shallow can one be?
How many blinds eyes have popped opened, how many lame walked, How many insane people got healed because Harry Potter was quoted?
As many as was done when bible was read

N when that myopic head of yours u lay to bed, How many of those books can explain to u what happens when u got attacked in ur sleep until u wake up sweating profusely , it was so real?
Boy you need help

U think the world is all about bread n butter? Literature n arts? U better wake up from ur slumber b4 u die like a chicken Cos people like u, die no other way.
Now i am sure religious beliefs can be quantified with madness or chronic lunacy... Just imagine the preposterous idiocy a human is spewing

N to think there r those who try to be free minded in this age n time is just simply worrisome.
Know this: as Sure as light n darkness, so is the forces of evil n of God. Ain't no inbtwn
Exactly just like Harry Potter and Voldomoth, Melkor and Eru, Spider man and Dr Octopus... Now you know why i quantified your bible as fairy tale? All fairy tales has the same theme... That you regurgitate and wallow in fairy tales is your own cup of tea and gullibility

All u wrote here are mortal jargon flowing from an uninformed , unenlightened mind. But just like Saul turned Paul, u still have chance.
GIVE your life to Jesus Christ n watch him transform your life. There ain't no two ways about it.
U r blessed
And you are just a genius grin If this is the type of mor0nic delusion religious beliefs turn people to then thank you, enjoy your Genius grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by dalaman: 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
HARDDON:

How shallow can one be?

U r blessed

What is this one saying?
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
johnydon22:
No the bible is not work of literature it is a work of dancing..!!!

...I even wonder what you people think literature is, any written piece of book or poem, story in fact anything "written" is literature... Religion has marred your brain so much that you don't even know what literature is... Pitiful and sad ... Www.google.com go help yourself

As many as was done when bible was read
Boy you need help

Now i am sure religious beliefs can be quantified with madness or chronic lunacy... Just imagine the preposterous idiocy a human is spewing

Exactly just like Harry Potter and Voldomoth, Melkor and Eru, Spider man and Dr Octopus... Now you know why i quantified your bible as fairy tale? All fairy tales has the same theme... That you regurgitate and wallow in fairy tales is your own cup of tea and gullibility
And you are just a genius grin If this is the type of mor0nic delusion religious beliefs turn people to then thank you, enjoy your Genius grin

Loooooooooooooooooooool. You don k.o the nigga
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
HARDDON:

How shallow can one be?

U r blessed

Grow up and stop talking like a child.

1 Like

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
hmmm...
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
urahara:

Loooooooooooooooooooool. You don k.o the nigga
hahahahahahaha i can imagine how these dudes reason in real life... Had a real face to face argument with one of my friends over a bottle of beer yesterday being sunday.

He fought and fought until he started nodding and kind of began to understand exactly what it was about..

Sunday Sermon he heard in Church plus atheist argument he got in the evening, am sure he has enough to think about for the month grin

2 Likes

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnydon22:
hahahahahahaha i can imagine how these dudes reason in real life... Had a real face to face argument with one of my friends over a bottle of beer yesterday being sunday.
I would love to see that. What about the debate you were supposed to have with one of the nairaland fellow in abuja I think... Was it HCpaul? or someone else?

Anyway how was it? did the thing take place?

Heum... Are they not selling telescope in Naija? We could arrange and buy some directly on the ground, so that you may not have to wait till I come. I'm not sure about the time frame I'll be free to hit the place.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
LoJ:

I would love to see that. What about the debate you were supposed to have with one of the nairaland fellow in abuja I think... Was it HCpaul? or someone else?

Anyway how was it? did the thing take place?
My bro it didn't happen. HCpaul bailed on me.. I sang it like 100 times, notified him when i was in abuja never got a reply. i kept mentioning him reminding him my stay in abuja was only temporal but no show even notified him the week of my departure to remind him yet nothing.

I am back to my base in Enugu now...

Heum... Are they not selling telescope in Naija? We could arrange and buy some directly on the ground, so that you may not have to wait till I come. I'm not sure about the time frame. I'll be free to hit the place.
I don't really know, i am not quite sure but i will check surely... Just saw one on Jumia, my bad shiit is wack. aint no telescope in Nigeria..

they are even tagging binoculars to be telescopes in these nonsensical online stores..

1 Like

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnydon22:

He fought and fought until he started nodding and kind of began to understand exactly what it was about..

Sunday Sermon he heard in Church plus atheist argument he got in the evening, am sure he has enough to think about for the month grin

Wow. Would you agree with me that Christians are relatively more prone to reason that religion is messed up than Muslims.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnydon22:
My bro it didn't happen. HCpaul bailed on me.. I sang it like 100 times, notified him when i was in abuja never got a reply. i kept mentioning him reminding him my stay in abuja was only temporal but no show even notified him the week of my departure to remind him yet nothing.

I don't really know, i am not quite sure but i will check surely... Just saw one on Jumia, my bad shiit is wack. aint no telescope in Nigeria..

they are even tagging binoculars to be telescopes in these nonsensical online stoees..
grin
johnydon22:

they are even tagging binoculars to be telescopes in these nonsensical online stoees..
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
urahara:

Wow. Would you agree with me that Christians are relatively more prone to reason that religion is messed up than Muslims.
So true
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnydon22:
Did the HCpaul guy made a firm promise that the debate would hold if you eventually come to abuja? Or was it just you trying to invite him...

i saw it too, and was like shocked shocked grin

But anyway check it out maybe in a local store or something. If you can't find, then we'll definitely have to wait, till you find a Naija coming, or till I get there myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by johnydon22(m): 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
LoJ:

Did the HCpaul guy made a firm promise that the debate would hold if you eventually come to abuja? Or was it just you trying to invite him...
He did, even mentioned me few days to my trip and asked i wasn't in abuja yet even mentioned coming with one of his pastor or something like that... Thought we were game until i got to abuja and he bailed on me

i saw it too, and was like shocked shocked grin

But anyway check it out maybe in a local store or something. If you can't find, then we'll definitely have to wait, till you find a Naija coming, or till I get there myself.
Nigeria tire me grin we don't even have ordinary telescope here and even mistake Binoculars to be telescope angry

Well i will check local stores around here

1 Like

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnydon22:
He did, even mentioned me few days to my trip and asked i wasn't in abuja yet even mentioned coming with one of his pastor or something like that... Thought we were game until i got to abuja and he bailed on me
grin grin Maybe since we mentionned HCpaul a few times here, He will come here and explain himself of apologize to you. There could have been some misunderstandings.

Just do the searching and let me know.
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by frank317: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
HARDDON:

How shallow can one be?

U r blessed

Guy, seriously u are mentally handicapped. U are insane.

The part that got me wondering is when u threatened the op with death... Lol. Will u live forever? Do u know how u will die? Or do u think becasue u read the Bible, u will not die? What sort of denail is this? Many have read the Bible and are gone.

U actually sound like a mad man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by HARDDON: 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
[s]
frank317:

Guy, seriously u are mentally handicapped. U are insane.

The part that got me wondering is when u threatened the op with death... Lol. Will u live forever? Do u know how u will die? Or do u think becasue u read the Bible, u will not die? What sort of denail is this? Many have read the Bible and are gone.

U actually sound like a mad man.
[/s]

I wud not trade words with u. Nonetheless, those who think theworld is about bread n butter live with unnecessary loads n die like chicken. Whether uaccept it or not, the world is evil . Itz either light, or darkness, forces Good n evil, no inbtwn. Free thinkers r nida here nor there n therefore,makes easy prey.

I am mentally sound, physically fit, May God Open ur eyes to behold d light .

U r blessed
Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 5:13am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
So true

Christians would see atheist as people who feel they are too intelligent and who just want to sin while Muslims would see atheist as lunatics. For example Muhammad bala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? by urahara(m): 5:14am On Feb 02, 2016
HARDDON:
[s][/s]

I wud not trade words with u. Nonetheless, those who think theworld is about bread n butter live with unnecessary loads n die like chicken. Whether uaccept it or not, the world is evil . Itz either light, or darkness, forces Good n evil, no inbtwn. Free thinkers r nida here nor there n therefore,makes easy prey.

I am mentally sound, physically fit, May God Open ur eyes to behold d light .

U r blessed

As par yaba left thingz

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Praying In Street Of PARIS After Mosque Was Shut Down Last Month / Favourite Psalm / The Importance Of Being Thankful To God Through Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.