Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Age That Is: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age That Is: (779 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age That Is: by intan(f): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2009
Men in late 30s or early 40s are kind of typical when it comes to settling down (marriage), even though their partner seems to have all the criteria they needed. Why is that?? undecided
Re: Age That Is: by Igwe9(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2009
for better for worse isn't a child play
Re: Age That Is: by ElRazur: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2009
Typical in what way?
Re: Age That Is: by intan(f): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
, more on traditional and old fashioned values, stuff like that
Re: Age That Is: by ElRazur: 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2009
intan:

, more on traditional and old fashioned values, stuff like that

Erm okay. You will need to be less vague am afraid.

What traditional ways are you talking about? Is kneeling down for your husband for example is something you see as old fashioned and possibly outdated? If you want people to engage, you would need to be clearer in your explanation. smiley
Re: Age That Is: by intan(f): 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2009
If u are in that age groups, u know what i'm talking about cool
Re: Age That Is: by ElRazur: 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2009
intan:

If u are in that age groups, u know what i'm talking about cool

Actually no I ain't. smiley I am just trying to help you to get your point out. It is easy to make generalization and what not. However, it would be nice to actually see where you are coming from. smiley Most of us [well, me anyway] do not have super powers to read your mind so as to know what you are talking about.

For the record, If I have a wife, I do not expect her to kneel down for me etc. As far as am concerned, we are equal in a relationship.
Re: Age That Is: by intan(f): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2009
U see, men in their 20s are not so much into details; its like all about love wink , we all know love alone can't put food on the table. In their 30s/40s it seems like "if u can't cook, don't even think about it", that is one example
Re: Age That Is: by ElRazur: 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2009
intan:

U see, men in their 20s are not so much into details; its like all about love   wink , we all know love alone can't put food on the table. In their 30s/40s it seems like "if u can't cook, don't even think about it",  that is one example

Why do you keep making generalization? undecided May be you should say "in your experience".

Relationship in 20something year old is not a proper relationship, it is more or less like a student going out to get "work experience".  It is not the same as working full time. Going by your example, most 20something live at home with their parents or are living alone, and as such a lady who cant cook is probably not their priority.

They say the older one grows the more the way one thinks get better. A 30/40 year old man, is a matured person and as such, wont be willing to date someone who is probably immature [I am assuming that is what you may have been trying to say].

Anyway, to deal with the issue at hand. A man who have gone out all day to work wont take kindly to a bad meal made by the wife. While in some relationship, the 30/40something may be able to afford to hire the services of a cook, however, let us be realistic here.
Re: Age That Is: by intan(f): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2009
Generalization is good smiley It will broaden our perspective and mindset on certain issue based on our personal or general experiences. It might seems hard to engage ourselves to this topic, but the point is to transform this topic into some sort of contribution in decision making so as not to prejudge one's action when they seems to slow down or shifting gear as i called it, its like owning/driving a car u know, have we ever tried to understand our car when it crankin' on the road? cool
Re: Age That Is: by ElRazur: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2009
intan:

Generalization is good smiley It will broaden our perspective and mindset on certain issue based on our personal or general experiences. It might seems hard to engage ourselves to this topic, but the point is to transform this topic into some sort of contribution in decision making so as not to prejudge one's action when they seems to slow down or shifting gear as i called it, its like owning/driving a car u know, have we ever tried to understand our car when it crankin' on the road? cool

Say what? How can generalisation be good. Please educate me. That is like me saying all "Females are idiot" not only is that a stupid comment to make, but then it is not true as not a females are idiots. undecided

As for the rest of your post. . . erm what are you taking about? If you are already making generalization, then you are already "pre judging". . . undecided

Car and cranking under the hood?? undecided Erm. Okay.
Re: Age That Is: by intan(f): 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2009
It depends on our logistic and issues we deal with. Some thinks generalization is a good thing, some don't. It changes our mood for sure. Take it easy, wink
Re: Age That Is: by ElRazur: 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2009
Please educate me as to how generalisation is good.
Re: Age That Is: by Tudor6(f): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2009
I really don't understand the topic
Re: Age That Is: by ElRazur: 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2009
Tudór:

I really don't understand the topic

It is safe to conclude that she was smoking something strong when she posted this. grin
Re: Age That Is: by iice(f): 3:08am On Jun 29, 2009
What a thread undecided
Re: Age That Is: by puskin: 3:34am On Jun 29, 2009
Whateva she was smoking was probably 2strong.
Re: Age That Is: by biola44: 8:53am On Jun 29, 2009
wink
Re: Age That Is: by intan(f): 9:28am On Jun 29, 2009
LOL fellas! U are entitled to your opinion

(1) (Reply)

Help, She Need My Attention! / I Had To Stop. / Why Would An Ex Spread False Gist About U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.