Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. (52336 Views)

Buhari Still Working, Having Meetings In London – Kachikwu / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by tottinova: 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says the current administration is prosecuting the war against insurgency with the arms which were procured under his government.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-still-fighting-insurgency-with-the-equipment-i-bought-says-jonathan

The question is, is it your money
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Ephemmm: 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
kenex4ever:
you are d shallow thinker here because the equipment they use in fighting militants that are afraid to die is not the same quality n quantity you use in fighting suicide bombers, terrorists, and saboteurs .

Ok. na bows and arrows they used tongue tongue tongue

Dumbass......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by kenex4ever(m): 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:

Ok. na bows and arrows they used tongue tongue tongue
Dumbass......
na only "bows n arrows" dey ur dictionary?

u r nt just a retard but u brain dead
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ihatesycophant(m): 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:
They tell us equipments were not bought yet Buhari keeps "winning" the war on boko haram accprding to Mr liar Mohammed.I wonder if it is bow and arrows they are using to tackle boko haram
It's 'bowl' and not "bow".

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Akaujaa(m): 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
I've always said it...the day Jonathan would speak on the arms deal saga, Nigerians would hold their mouth in disbelieve of his utterances. Jonathan always grapples with what to say and the right way to say it at the right time. How can a former President of the largest black nation in the world, say such a thing, shooting himself in the process. Does he ever think before he talks?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by wazobiaN9(m): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Simple and short

To all the brainless zombies out there come and show any Dane gun bubu bought for the military

you usually come out from your hiding place like a vampire wen you think you can make a kill for your demigod/hero.

like someone commented, did Jonathan meet an empty armoury when he became President... ?? yeye dey smell
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by MrMandilas: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

More people died from bokoram from June to Dec 2015 than from Jan-May 2015,They were also far more attacks during the latter part of the year under Buhari.
From may 29th to december 2015,boko haram never ceased to bomb Nigeria.You are right.They are still here.Some have monikers in nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Hakeem3(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
Jonathan is simply irrational.. When I saw the headline I thought he is speaking as regards the arms scandal but No., as a black man that he is he wants to make a point, but my dear gej ur point is as silly as ur administration ..! Pls next time u want to speak make sure is about our looted and miss managed funds and how we gonna get them back cos dis govt is short of funds to run it as a result of it ...
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:
They tell us equipments were not bought yet Buhari keeps "winning" the war on boko haram accprding to Mr liar Mohammed.I wonder if it is bow and arrows they are using to tackle boko haram

You lack common sense. I guess the 24 mine sweepers just brought into Nigeria came through Jonathan.
A lot is happening underground that you have no clue about. A soldier serving in the NE gave me first hand info on the past and current situation and all of them are giving glory to God for Buhari and cursing the days of Jonathan.
Dude you have no idea man .... no idea at all
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Billygee2u: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by olajizz01(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
We know that there was enough arms to defeat Bh.But what really killed u (Gej),was that u tried to play politics with the issue of boko haram to recieve unnecessary sympathy from the public by sabotaged the war intentionally.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Was boko haram in charge of any territory by May 29 when he handed over to Buhari?

Has Buhari stopped the boko haram attacks?
uncle jona had 6years to defeat bh right??just like he said d cabal wouldnt let refineries work,and increase subsidy payment from 247billion to about 2.4trillion...my dear its all about their pockets they dont care who would suffer.shine ur eye
https://www.nairaland.com/1985177/external-reserve-debt-under-obasanjo
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ihatesycophant(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
This was the same error he put himself into. No country announce when and how its wish to acquire arms and ammunition for its Army or other security apparatuses. There are many security agencies bearing arms, as anyone heard when they want to make buy of their arms. GEJ politicised the buying of wares for fighting terrorism and that gave birth to the slow defeat of these ragtag. I don't think Buhari would politicised buying of arms and ammunition for Nigerian Army taken to consideration his military background. They must have bought or not. Why am I saying this, because the 2015 is still in force till March, the financial spending and budget for the year has not stopped till 31st March, 2016. That's why I said, they could have bought or not.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by tuke: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
So many new accounts on this thread, how come?
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by klax(m): 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Simple and short

To all the brainless zombies out there come and show any Dane gun bubu bought for the military

Oh my oh my God bless you oh I repeat may almighty God bless and bless every reasonable thinkers in NL.

I'm still wondering where dud buhari got the weapon his army are using right now to fight boko haram or did buhari came with weapons from his Daura village or did Alien dropped the weapons for him at night let him explain and his brainless apc tell us where do the army get their weapons they are using right now from.

All these bloody liars speak as if Gej administration did not even bought a pin talkless of a bullet or armoury so tell us where you get the weapon the army are using right now

I repeat I will always hate a liar and hate lairs with passion. Simply because APC lies to have their way they disgust me with passion. Any foundation base on lies will surely crumble it's a matter of time I knew APC will crash and be sweep away with that same broom they used to swept pdp out because the are stinky smelly liars.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ihatesycophant(m): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You lack common sense. I guess the 24 mine sweepers just brought into Nigeria came through Jonathan.
A lot is happening underground that you have no clue about. A soldier serving in the NE gave me first hand info on the past and current situation and all of them are giving glory to God for Buhari and cursing the days of Jonathan.
That was the same problem GEJ made. Politicising buying of wares for army. No country politicise or publicise arms dealing. Anyone that does that, is telling his enemy I have this and the enemy will re-strategised.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by perfectgabby: 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says the current administration is prosecuting the war against insurgency with the arms which were procured under his government.

No be AK47 wet you buy, there is God oooo

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-still-fighting-insurgency-with-the-equipment-i-bought-says-jonathan
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if Jonathan passed through secondary and primary school,talkless of a University.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by oluwasegun007(m): 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

expecally the weapons U.S just gave us....
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by davidomos(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hengineer:
[b]...And how is this supposed to be an achievement??

There was a major outcry over a lack of equipment and arms to fight the insurgence, this directly led to the violent death of thousands of gallant soldiers and civilians, and a sad trail of devastation and despair for their families. Recent investigations have revealed that most of the moneys released for arming the military was diverted and either looted outright or used to run elections. After squandering billions of dollars meant for arming the military, after emptying the Nigerian treasury before handover and after even borrowing the sum of $1billion early in 2015 for this same weapons procurement, what funds does GEJ now expect Buhari to use in procuring more weapons especially at this time when the military has by the grace of God, managed to subdue the terrorists with the primitive weapons at their disposal??

Why would some people not just learn to remain silent instead of embarrassing themselves whenever they speak?? How can the very same person who supervised the squandering of billions meant for arms be so insensitive and shamelessly to brag about this sort of thing in public?? What is really wrong with Africa??[/b] undecided

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by nikz(f): 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Was boko haram in charge of any territory by May 29 when he handed over to Buhari?

Pls remind him. As at yesterday there was an attack. Truth be told this govt have not bought any ammunition to fight Boko. What are they using to fight? Yet they blame past govt for everything. "This govt is doing their best to fight Boko haram" this is how an intelligent leader should talk!
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Justicealh3(m): 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

U..........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by gulfer: 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
One question GEJ, why did you not fight thr insugency if you had the weapon and your appointees had tact; dob't wanna be rude but I got mynd to tell you to STFU....... angry angry
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by WaffenSS(m): 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

More people died from bokoram from June to Dec 2015 than from Jan-May 2015,They were also far more attacks during the latter part of the year under Buhari.

You're being clever by half.

Start counting the dead from 2010 when GEJ took over to May 29 2015 when he stepped down.

15,000 dead, millions rendered homeless.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by AmazonKindle: 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
the question has been asked of what arm is buhari fighting boko haram
Ephemmm:

You mean GEJ keep on buying equipment waiting for PMB to use whenever he ascend the throne of administration? Or you mean bows and arrows were used by Yaradua and OBJ to keep ND militants in check?

Comments like this reveals that shallow-thinking youths of nowadays are one of the big problems of this country.

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by jacksonite: 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:
GEJ bought equipment: didn't he meet equipment? Nigerians has been on many peace-keeping missions, aiding other countries across the globe through our military equipment even before he became President: were they using military equipment he bought during this period too?

Continuity, accountability, responsibility, impartiality etc are some of the characteristics of Nolan Principles of corporate governance in public office: but reverse is the case when it comes to GEJ's turn: a government that is ready to take present glory but do not want to take glory for past blemishes that happened during his tenure at the helm of affairs
I believe you didn't miss where he said that insurgency was relatively new and needed new equipment and tactics to tackle it hence the need for him to buy additional equipment. Stop being mischievous here just because you are an APC zombie!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by fortune1968: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
opeaceo:
Why wasn't the war against boko haram won during his tenure??

A good question for the WAILERS !
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by anonimi: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Which budget did Buhari buy with?
Which money did he buy from since he met an empty treasury?
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by fortune1968: 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
This clueless Jona is also SHAMELESS !
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by roxell120(m): 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
who does nt know this

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
anonimi:

Which budget did Buhari buy with?
Which money did he buy from since he met an empty treasury?

Once again u have no idea. Buhari did not need to buy some relevant equipment same way GEJ did not need to buy if he had the goodwill of other nations. The 24 mine sweepers are the latest equipment given to the Nigerian army by the United states as a show of support in the fight against terror.

So you now see how clueless Jonathan was and still is.

Fyi 2 warships are also on their way for free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Members Decamp To Labour Party In Alimosho LG, Destroy Their Brooms (Video) / MC Oluomo's Aide, Akintoye Benson Dies In A Car Accident(video) / 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.