Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Tell Us About Your Favourite Book - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tell Us About Your Favourite Book (20899 Views)

The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? / Get Updates About Your Favourite Missing Writer / Tell Us About The Best Stories You've Ever Read On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by leahcimzil: 12:33pm On May 08, 2016
whitecloth:
uhnnnn,he might be telling a lie though but let me tell you my experience, when I was in SS1 I finished the first three franchise of harry potter in one week, and the next day I and my friends will discuss it, one of them read faster than I do, so if I could do that nothing g stops someone from reading 7 books in a week o, I once read a book starting from the closing our of schl reading it and I refuse to go to the evening lesson just because I can't put the book down, I read it through out the night till the next morning.
still some of my faster are still faster than I do, so its possible.
never met any faster than ne tho...wonder if that's even talent
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by missyQween(f): 12:36pm On May 08, 2016
Oh...I have read so many Books...Let me say Genuine lies by Nora Robert

My favourite quotes is.....You can't change anything in your life because changing Something is changing everything
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by joseph1832(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2016
llaykorn:

Two of mine to one of yours?
No can do.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 1:00pm On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
No can do.
Three good ones.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Vivly(f): 1:08pm On May 08, 2016
I don't have any favorite book. There's always a new book that blows me away more than the former book did. And it would be unfair to other very good books to not be included in my non existent favorite list after all they've done for me. However, if there's a worst book list, o please call me! Some books made me waste days reading them because I just can't stop a book halfway.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by joseph1832(m): 1:11pm On May 08, 2016
llaykorn:

Three good ones.
The authors?
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by joseph1832(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2016
Vivly:
I don't have any favorite book. There's always a new book that blows me away more than the former book did. And it would be unfair to other very good books to not be included in my non existent favorite list after all they've done for me. However, if there's a worst book list, o please call me! Some books made me waste days reading them because I just can't stop a book halfway.
I see we have that in common.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by missyQween(f): 1:13pm On May 08, 2016
Ayomipoe:
The Buffy books nko?
2scorehigh:
Juju Rock by Cyprain Ekwensi
The Concubine by Elechi Amadi
King Solomon's Mines by Sir H. Rider Haggard
Round The World In Eighty Days by Jules Verne
Mission to Siena by James Hadley Chase
The Partner by John Grisham
And so many others...
Most of these books have a way of taking through a journey of adventure that only leaves you silently though regretfully wishing that the story will never end.
Ayomipoe:
The Buffy books nko?

King Solomon mines.... So interesting but I couldn't finish it tho

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 2:05pm On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
The authors?
Jonathan Kellerman Stephen Hunter Martin Meredith.
You'd really love the one by Martin. Title is: The State Of Africa.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by moski5(m): 2:16pm On May 08, 2016
This book blew me away so much so that I've read it thrice in two years orca yr n half
its A Song of Ice n Fire

Guys do recommend books for me tnx

@Op I suggest yu create a WhatsApp grp wer buk lovers/readers can exchange ebooks
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 08, 2016
Sands of time by sidney sheldon
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by prahcetomi(m): 3:05pm On May 08, 2016
iceberylin:
Inferno..
A novel by Dan Brown..

Langdon is my fav character smiley
Mehn I love Dan Brown!...........Angels and Demons ,The Da vinci's code are my favourites
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Leiman100(m): 3:27pm On May 08, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
smiley my favourite book is the bible..

It has other books inside it... It teaches me how to live life in the most easy and best way. It contains a lot of values and important Life applications anyone could relate to.. smiley
Reading Bible stories to children can also open up all sorts of opportunities to discuss the morality of sex. An unexpurgated Bible might get an X-rating from some censors, The PLAIN TRUTH October 1977 (a Christian magazine)
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by andra112(f): 3:40pm On May 08, 2016
I love books by Nora Robert hmmmm key of light, key of knowledge n key of valour
Love adventures n romance
I love the cirque du freak series by Darren shan
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by iceberylin(m): 3:51pm On May 08, 2016
prahcetomi:
Mehn I love Dan Brown!...........Angels and Demons ,The Da vinci's code are my favourites

They were until I read Inferno...
That's perfection
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 08, 2016
Well I don't have a favorite book. Though I just finished reading "Her mothers hope" by Francine Rivers... So interesting.. Books that I have read and enjoyed.. Lakeside by harlequin.. Half of a yellow sun, perfectly dateless, and lots more.. Currently reading Americanah by chimamanda one of my best authors.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by CLEVABOY(m): 4:58pm On May 08, 2016
How Europe Underdeveloped Africa
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by prahcetomi(m): 6:36pm On May 08, 2016
iceberylin:

They were until I read Inferno... That's perfection
Then I'm getting it right away
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by iceberylin(m): 6:42pm On May 08, 2016
prahcetomi:
Then I'm getting it right away

Get Lost symbol too
Deception point and
Digital Fortress..

Yh I know.I'm an addict sad

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by kvngbree01(f): 6:48pm On May 08, 2016
All James hardly novels are my favourite. I just love d concept of his books.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by prahcetomi(m): 6:49pm On May 08, 2016
iceberylin:

Get Lost symbol too Deception point and Digital Fortress..
Yh I know.I'm an addict sad
Nice one........
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Rockyfancino(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2016
MrsPhyno:
Heyyy everyone: this is a simple as it sounds. Write the title of your favourite book of all time and tell us some interesting characters, quotes or moments...

My favourite book is "The King of Attolia"; I first read it when I was about 13 even tho I think it's for age 18 and up. I was quite the adventurous child grin

So basically it's about some genius thief who marries a queen who had previously cut his hand off (that being the punishment for thieves in the midcentury shocked). It's the third book in a series. Its cool and wry and sarcastic and deep. This guy was maimed by that queen and later went to fall in love with her. It's as complex as life is. Has a lot of politics and war strategy weaved through it too.....

But my favourite quote from the book is very melodramatic and sentimental and romantic grin
Tell me you won’t cut out my lying tongue, tell me you won’t blind me, you won’t drive red-hot wires into my ears.”
After one moment of gripped immobility, the queen bent to kiss the king lightly on one closed eyelid, then on the other. She said, “I love your eyes.” She kissed him on either cheek, near the small lobe of his ear. “I love your ears, and I love”—she paused as she kissed him gently on the lips—“every single one of your ridiculous lies.

cc: Estharfabian Adaeze003 KingEbukasBlog shut Blossom023 lalasticlala and everyone else na abi d thread is boring embarassed

So you read this book when you were 13 Hmmf All the kissing, I love your lip, love your eyes.

I'm sure your were not only adventurous, but quite the naughty kid grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by mamawin(f): 7:06pm On May 08, 2016
I read all sorts of books, but the one that comes to mind now is 'A long road home' by Danielle Steel.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by bankot123: 7:09pm On May 08, 2016
A favorite book ? That question Is quite difficult for me to answer. Book worm, book freak, book addict.. If there is any other qualification, am the one. I must say I spent most part of my teenage years reading novels. I started reading at 12 years and my favorites then were mills and boon, harlequin, sillohute, pacesetters and Barbara catland. My reading took a turning point when I stumbled upon a suitecase filled with novels under my dad's bed, and I discovered authors such as Sydney Sheldon, Robert Ludlum, Hawk, James Hardly Chase ( I only read a few) and in later years John Grisham. Gai jin, shogun and shanghai are not left out.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by decisive(m): 8:05pm On May 08, 2016
I have read few books. From Pacesetters series I mostly like On The Road by Kalu Okpi,Dead of The Night by Philip Phil Ebosie. I think on Ergret publications,I cherish Flowers and Shadows by Ben Okri because of its trappings. On African Writers Series I like Ngu'gi Wa Thiog'o 's Weep Not Child. It is too classy. Likewise,Measuring Time of Helon Habila,a wonderful piece.
I love the artistic masterpiece of Salman Rusdie's The Moors Last Sigh,a mixture of confusing sentence with artistic illustration. Of all Ludlum books,I pick The Matarese Circle as my best. Hardly Chase's Double Shuffle almost got me confused. The Luxus of Sheldon takes me through the havoc of matrimonial breakup. Anytime I read The Client of Grisham I marvel at how he came up with the idea.
There lots I don't remember. On history just of recent,Choice of Enemy. And most recent Nguigi's book Wizard of The Crow as it relates to Africa.
Books are blessing.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Iffffffy(f): 8:13pm On May 08, 2016
My best novel didn't have a cover when I found it so I didn't get the name, but it was about a slave captured by some spanish warrior that came to conquer or colonise the old mexico, she later fell in love with their leader and became his mistress. It was like an autobiography written by lady. Many war were fought and she stayed by the side of people who came to conquer her country, they called her traitor cuz she was even d interpreter of d languages wherever her masters went to in her country. Very very interesting, still looking for the name of the book, I googled it but the one I saw was like a biography, it doesn't have the core information written by the original writer.

And then DIZZY ANGEL, story who of an ogbanje who has come and gone several times, fell in love with two guys and betrothed to a priest to secure her live, interesting I must say
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by sade1994(f): 8:53pm On May 08, 2016
Pillars of the earth and world without end by ken follet
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by YTderin(f): 9:14pm On May 08, 2016
I read anything, but the 48 laws of power by Robert Greene, takes the cake. Haven't read anything so........... (I don't have the words to qualify that book)
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Lumiere91: 9:20pm On May 08, 2016
Am into catholic classics.most"books by bishop fulton sheen"
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Ablitmuspaper(m): 10:10pm On May 08, 2016
quivah:

Send me no flowers grin
The pregnancy or whatever... But it was quite an Interesting read, read it like 7years ago but it was amazing.
Breaking dawn embarassed its a mighty voluminous book undecided tho interesting but iv been on it for close two 6weeks now.. 754pages, When I start,I dont wanna stop but you know I have about other 15textbooks to read too.

But overall favorite is 'the pregnancy' .. Its just bad I can't remember the name,but its something along that line..abi motherhood

It was basically about a couple who dunno have children yet, it worked for few years but there came the mistake.. She doesn't want an abortion, he doesn't want a baby...yet!
It created a crack, they separated tho they still love one another but none wanted to compromise.
Well,they tried at some point but their wants were parallel..
So, they went their separate ways.
She went through her pregnancy days alone in the first 7months..,in sadness,sorrow and all sort of pains but in all, the coming child gave her a reason to smile.
She met some guy when she was about 7months gone and after some series of meetings, they kinda clicked(at least the dude thought)..
But all she wanted was for Sean, I think that's his name, to realise there's nothing more important than being a parent.
Sean, on the other hand, wanted nothing less than just the two of them,at least for now. He hated children,maybe! Maybe not, but he doesn't want any of those attention seeking creatures now.
You know, his beliefs about parenthood were quite different from everyone. He felt having kids, working to provide for them,protecting,nurturing them while having little time for himself and maybe his wife, was the most stupid thing in the world..cause he felt those kids will grow up one day, meet some one else,fall in love,create a family which will become their first priority.. While he,the father will be left at their mercy..
Son; grandpa (sean) is coming for the holiday
Grandson; *crying* no, grandpa is weak,lazy,dirty,not cool,not funny, and old school. He's wicked,strict and wants things done his own way, he wants people to help him do virtually everything.. I dont like grandpa, he shouts, he's old and that's not cool
Son; grandpa is old, he needs someone to look after him sometimes, so, he's coming so he could spend some time with his family
Grandson/wife/granddaughter; why not get a nanny to look after grandpa
Son; ok ok ok

Such shits scare Sean, he kept thinking about it..growing up, getting old, begging to be loved, to visit, to be understood.. By his kid/s and their kids.

But this is my seed...my wife is carrying my seed, my son/daughter.. she(wife) needs me now ,more than ever. Fool, weak, selfish, crazy ..blah blah blah
But still, Sean didn't go home to his wife and their baby..

Until,...
pls continue
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Silumi(f): 10:13pm On May 08, 2016
SilvanusII:

I never really liked the Redemption Series. Too...cliche. I read Echo in the Darkness and LOVED it. I re-read it like u'd play a favorite song on repeat. You shud read that. I've been meaning to read the prequel and sequel, but as per loving osho free books and not being the kind of books i'd spend my money on to buy, its on hold for now.
For me nothing nothing about agape love dat is love in its purest form can ever b a cliche i ve red all francine rivers books save for just a series. Redeeming love is not a series its just one book are u mistaking it for Redemption Series by karen kingsbury
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by SilvanusII(m): 10:26pm On May 08, 2016
Silumi:

For me nothing nothing about agape love dat is love in its purest form can ever b a cliche i ve red all francine rivers books save for just a series. Redeeming love is not a series its just one book are u mistaking it for Redemption Series by karen kingsbury

nope. I meant the ones written by Francine about Mary, Ruth, Esther...or I may be mixing them up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's The Worst Grammatical Error You Have Ever Heard / Deleted Post / The Gods Are Hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.