Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 (10613 Views)

Thrilling Pics: Lions Fight To Be King Of The Jungle In Brutal Battle. / Photos: Lions Fight To Be King Of The Jungle In Brutal Battle Captured On Camera / Crocodile And Shark Fight To Death In Australia Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:26am On Jul 07, 2009
zenatta:

Larez you are home. I struck gold then. I hope you have your portofolio. Told you I will own Citiline, No I am not logged off yet but may have to call it a day.Besides I need to eat but it late now. Both of you got me so fired up. I think we can do this.

@pinkequity. We can do this. There will be so much to deter us but I am hanging unto the skill  on one hand and contributions
that we are so passionately going to bring into this, I have to attend to other things now. My email is zenattarowlandbenij@yahoo.com .

Both of you remain blessed It was beautiful meeting you.

ok I am waiting

Ok Zenatta, Let me add you to YIM, will add Larez too, then we can all decide when to meet online again.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:32am On Jul 07, 2009
Done.

Added both of you. Please accept and lets fix a time that we can meet online again.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:38am On Jul 07, 2009
Example of Gated Estate
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 12:38am On Jul 07, 2009
@Pinky, nice pic. A subdivision takes a whole lot more than the simplification that you mentioned. But, since I have a lot of experience at doing this, you won;t have to worry. There are a lot of issues that will have to be addressed such as security first. As you can see from the pictures that I posted, there are no security bars on the windows and no tall fences around the houses. But yet they are secure. If someone breaks a glass on the house, an alarm goes off, the security company calls the house to verify that there is no problem. You will have to give them a code to confirm, or else the Police will be at the door within 3-5 minutes.

In Nigeria, to avoid having to do the security bars and individual fencing, the whole subdivision will have to be securely fenced, as well as private security for the development (armed security). Many Oil conglomerate developments have these, but it remains uncommon for regular Naijas. This will be my preferred approach along with loud alarms that detect glass break and door and window contacts.

The issue of water and power will have to be addressed to. The option being a Private power source for the subdivision with monthly or yearly fees for upkeep. Extra power can be sold into the National grid. This goes as well for water, sewers, cable tv, internet and probably a local PBX for free calls among residents. these have to be done before roadways and curbs. Also, recreational areas and Pool house etc, will have to be accounted for as well. These are just a few of the issues to deal with. As I mentioned before, I have consulted with many clients and assisted in the planning and construction of these in a very restrictive environment (Atlanta). The regulations may be more lax here in naija, but we are trying to set standards that will make our products a lot more marketable. There are some new technologies that will be coming up soon that will have stuff like roof tiles acting as solar panels.

We're talking cutting edge, while we still make it attractive financially. Doing one successfully will create a following for future developments, and I believe we will get to doing the marine subdivision including jetties sooner than we think wink Dreamers Sha!!
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 12:43am On Jul 07, 2009
zenatta:

Larez you are home. I struck gold then. I hope you have your portofolio. Told you I will own Citiline, No I am not logged off yet but may have to call it a day.Besides I need to eat but it late now. Both of you got me so fired up. I think we can do this.

@pinkequity. We can do this. There will be so much to deter us but I am hanging unto the skill  on one hand and contributions
that we are so passionately going to bring into this, I have to attend to other things now. My email is zenattarowlandbenij@yahoo.com .

Both of you remain blessed It was beautiful meeting you.

ok I am waiting

Aww Zenatta, very sorry to keep you up so late. Unlike you, I usually get most of my work done during the night. In the future, you may want to use"(at) instead of "@" when you post your email addresses. This helps reduce spam. I'll add you to my yahoo messenger. You also have my email addresses, so just email me to tell me what time to log into yahoo, and we'll hookup. I'll send my telephone numbers via email as well. Cheers, and goodnight.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:46am On Jul 07, 2009
Finally found the pic. What do you think? Goodnight all. Let's talk more on this.

Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:51am On Jul 07, 2009
larez:

@Pinky, nice pic. A subdivision takes a whole lot more than the simplification that you mentioned. But, since I have a lot of experience at doing this, you won;t have to worry. There are a lot of issues that will have to be addressed such as security first. As you can see from the pictures that I posted, there are no security bars on the windows and no tall fences around the houses. But yet they are secure. If someone breaks a glass on the house, an alarm goes off, the security company calls the house to verify that there is no problem. You will have to give them a code to confirm, or else the Police will be at the door within 3-5 minutes.

In Nigeria, to avoid having to do the security bars and individual fencing, the whole subdivision will have to be securely fenced, as well as private security for the development (armed security). Many Oil conglomerate developments have these, but it remains uncommon for regular Naijas. This will be my preferred approach along with loud alarms that detect glass break and door and window contacts.

The issue of water and power will have to be addressed to. The option being a Private power source for the subdivision with monthly or yearly fees for upkeep. Extra power can be sold into the National grid. This goes as well for water, sewers, cable tv, internet and probably a local PBX for free calls among residents. these have to be done before roadways and curbs. Also, recreational areas and Pool house etc, will have to be accounted for as well. These are just a few of the issues to deal with. As I mentioned before, I have consulted with many clients and assisted in the planning and construction of these in a very restrictive environment (Atlanta). The regulations may be more lax here in naija, but we are trying to set standards that will make our products a lot more marketable. There are some new technologies that will be coming up soon that will have stuff like roof tiles acting as solar panels.

We're talking cutting edge, while we still make it attractive financially. Doing one successfully will create a following for future developments, and I believe we will get to doing the marine subdivision including jetties sooner than we think wink Dreamers Sha!!

Got you.

Yes, you've got most things covered. I can solicit for Guys here to invest in the project and save the headache of individual projects. Believe me, if things are really in place we can have long list of people on the que as potential buyers to convince bank that this is tight. I can travel anywhere to sign up new clients.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 12:51am On Jul 07, 2009
pinkequity:

Finally found the pic. What do you think? Goodnight all. Let's talk more on this.

Nice pictures. Exactly how I'd do it with the addition of security posts as well. The fence will have to surround the whole subdivision which will be expensive. But the houses will be appreciated as the residents drive thru, without feeling like locked up folks as typical in Nigeria. Many people have died in fires in their homes because of security bars which prevented escape.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 12:56am On Jul 07, 2009
Wow!! I am impressed with you 2. This is what Team Building is really about. If I could only peek into the future. Let's make this work ladies. I will suggest we focus on Diaspora who seem to understand the cost of quality. We'll come up with ingenious ways of controlling costs too. Already have some ideas which we'll discuss privately. We can do this!!! Goodnight Ladies, and God bless.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 1:02am On Jul 07, 2009
larez:

Nice pictures. Exactly how I'd do it with the addition of security posts as well. The fence will have to surround the whole subdivision which will be expensive. But the houses will be appreciated as the residents drive thru, without feeling like locked up folks as typical in Nigeria. Many people have died in fires in their homes because of security bars which prevented escape.

You know this is really exciting. I just hope you won't get burnt out during the project because this can be a huge success! Who wants to deal with Omo Onile and all sorts of Naija factor if something like this really takes off?

We can even raise additional funds from the lease of other amenities that will be built. For instance for the Daycare, we can simply build the structure and lease it out to an independent company to manage (could be any of the residents if they are interested). Or the Temporary Guest lodge Building too. The lease realised from all these structures will help in financing the cost for maintenance of the Estate. And as for Security and unwanted Guest, there's a technology that be wired to all the buildings to take calls from Gatehouse and confirm or refuse Guests.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by zenatta: 1:04am On Jul 07, 2009
I have seen the pic. will let you know what I think,

@larez I was wondering when someone was going to talk security. I will not keep you up

@seanT21, its a deep feeling to finally see a house you contemplated in your head, on paper pop into reality, Do you think you would seriously follow in your dads footstep. Home building to me covers it all. sleep well
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 1:04am On Jul 07, 2009
larez:

Wow!! I am impressed with you 2. This is what Team Building is really about. If I could only peek into the future. Let's make this work ladies. I will suggest we focus on Diaspora who seem to understand the cost of quality. We'll come up with ingenious ways of controlling costs too. Already have some ideas which we'll discuss privately. We can do this!!! Goodnight Ladies, and God bless.

Goodnite all.

Will be great to take this to the next level. Nice sharing with all of you.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 1:07am On Jul 07, 2009
zenatta:

@larez I was wondering when someone was going to talk security. I will not keep you up

@seanT21, its a deep feeling to finally see a house you contemplated in your head, on paper pop into reality, Do you think you would seriously follow in your dads footstep. Home building to me covers it all. sleep well

Sure Zennata, other Gatehouse pics that you can come up with will be great too. It's good to brainstorm.

And while we are talking about a house comtemplated in one's head popping into reality, any potential clients interested can of course choose from the list of designs available what he wants, and make alterations to designs if (of course they will pay for the service). So it doesn't necessarily have to be the same designs throughout the Estate. Variety will make it grand! cool
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 1:17am On Jul 07, 2009
@Pinky, I can feel your excitement, which is very good. Look through my website and click on the top link "view homes". There are a lot of smaller floorplans shown there that you can see. These are not in 3D though. Just front elevations and the floorplans.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 1:20am On Jul 07, 2009
larez:

@Pinky, I can feel your excitement, which is very good. Look through my website and click on the top link "view homes". There are a lot of smaller floorplans shown there that you can see. These are not in 3D though. Just front elevations and the floorplans.

will do.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by SeanT21(f): 3:21am On Jul 07, 2009
zenatta:

YES, I definitely would love 2. All I need is the money and the time.By Gods grace it will happen!!
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 10:18am On Jul 09, 2009
larez:

Sorry I've been busy these past two days. Please fetch Zanneta because she was the one that said I should come out and go above my budget. I have chosen a design after much deliberation.

Copperville is it.

Questions: Is that lower level what we call basement in US? If it is, is basement practical in Naija? Is it the norm?

Why I love it so much.

16 inches ceiling (I love high ceilings) cool cool cool cool

Media room cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Gym room cool cool

Wet bar (will be great for entertaining, perfect place too since it's stationed close to the Media room. Now I can do those home movies justice lol)

Morning room! (love those, wish I can see it in pic) cool cool cool cool cool cool

Lastly, selfish reason yes, but I can have visitors in the bedroom on lower level and not worry about keeping them entertained, they have all they need to be busy for a long time.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2009
Modifications I'd love to have in Coppervill.

Master bathroom: Please take a look at this pics of bathroom, is it possible to have this replaced with the one in coppervile? I need a lot of closet space. His & Hers, And kids too.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 11:10am On Jul 09, 2009
More alteration on bathrooms
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2009
Alteration on kitchen.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2009
@Pinkequity:

Ole Gurl, you must get plenty money oh. All these things that you are posting costs some serious bucks even in America. But you see, we can always bring skilled craftmen from Romania to teach un-lazy Nigerians the skills to create such beauty. Since you have seen the plans for Cooperville, there is hardly a need to elaborate further about the plan. Just a note though;

Copperville was designed for a lot sloping downwards from the right to the left. As you could see on the plans, there are retaining walls from the back of the Garage through the front at the left end. The unique thing about Cooperville is that it brings your guests through the entrance and takes them to the curved stairway leading down to an area basically made for entertainment. The Family room below open all the way to the ceiling of the first floor allows the basement to cease from being that, hence the lower level. It will be considered true living space from the Laundry/Media room part, all the way to the left where the extra bedrooms are. The wet bar could have a cooktop installed into it to complete a kitchenette.

The main thing about this plan is that it allows to separate complete zones of entertainment. The private family oriented Breakfast/Morning room/Dining combo, and the full guest/Inlaw entertainment suite below. As far as the pictures that you posted; Yes, it is possible to replicate the arranged custom closet by moving the hallway to the Master Bath to one side. However, this throw the symmetry off in the Master Bath, which will hence require redesign for that purpose.

Please note that the 2927 sqft, includes the footprint of the plan minus the garage. This means that the squarefootage does not include the lower-level with the exception of the Family room. When this house was being built as a spec home, it was sold at the sheetrock stage, 2 other parties that had an opportunity to see it during construction also decided to have it built for them. The Builder, Melvin Cooper, hence made some cool cash off this house. He got 2 other contracts off it. Off course, I was also compensated wink

Here's a picture of the house being completed. That's me in the picture by the way.

Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2009
Note; The Bathroom picture that you posted will work perfectly for the changes made for the closets. The entrance will be by the glass shower, facing the jacuzzi tub. The kitchen can also be adjusted to have a peninsula Island coming off the corner of the kitchen/powder room. But this may require the Keeping room extending out about 2 feet on the front side to keep the same feel of livable space in it.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2009
It's very interesting that all your proposed changes are relatively minor ones in regards to the plan you chose. Was this purposeful or coincidental? Let's take our discussions to yahoo messenger. I will log in now. I have already accepted your request.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 11:51am On Jul 09, 2009
larez:

Note; The Bathroom picture that you posted will work perfectly for the changes made for the closets. The entrance will be by the glass shower, facing the jacuzzi tub. The kitchen can also be adjusted to have a peninsula Island coming off the corner of the kitchen/powder room. But this may require the Keeping room extending out about 2 feet on the front side to keep the same feel of livable space in it.

Great! am glad that the bathroom I posted will work for the plan.

What I love most about that kitchen is the ceiling vault natural light flooding the room. Am glad it will work.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2009
larez:

It's very interesting that all your proposed changes are relatively minor ones in regards to the plan you chose. Was this purposeful or coincidental? Let's take our discussions to yahoo messenger. I will log in now. I have already accepted your request.

Ok will log on to YIM now.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by GEW: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2009
pinkequity:

Ok, will log in now to YIM
na only building plans we expect to be discused o
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
GEW:

na only building plans we expect to be discused o

Very funny! cheesy cheesy cheesy

What else b/4?
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2009
larez:

Maybe we should come back here. Naija internet connection making it difficult to talk.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
@Larez,

Can we continue here? Please come back here if you get this. The internet connection is erratic.

Alternatively the three of us You, Zannetta and me can meet on skype so we can talk and type at the same time. What do you say?
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
@Larez

Perfectly understood. what's our other options then?
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by pinkequity(f): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
I'm sorry I have to log out now. Need to get going for the day. Let me know what you and Zannetta decides on how best to communicate.

Nice talking to you. Have a pleasant day Sir.

Say Hello to Zannetta too if you speak to her.
Re: Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89 by larez(m): 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2009
Pinky,

Stuff like this can go into phase 1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 / OMG! Wife Kills Herself, Children To Punish Husband For Cheating (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.