Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,576 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:06 AM

Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland (16046 Views)

Yakubu Dogara Receives Chieftaincy Title In Abia / Atiku Abubakar Receives John Nnia Nwodo In Abuja (Photo) / Buhari Receives John Kerry At Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by opeycl(f): 10:48am On Jan 29, 2016
k
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by Flexherbal(m): 10:49am On Jan 29, 2016
Nigerians can do well anywhere in the world. We are gifted.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by HammerEvery(f): 10:50am On Jan 29, 2016
Eshinwaju:

iPod youths trying to take over another man's country.... cheesy...I feel the mayor/king of Warsaw sending them to their lagoon soonest.... grin

That is an Igbo man. he is not a yorubar
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 29, 2016
saintloveren:
i see, mayb he loves u

Which kin mumu love

Why cant he love God !
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by kachnov(m): 10:55am On Jan 29, 2016
cool...that dude speaks polish Fluently
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by AreaFada2: 10:58am On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

Yeah. His name is John Abraham Godson Chikama Onyekwere. He is an indigene of Umuahia, Abia state. He went to study in Poland many years ago but ended up settling there. He later made history as the first black person to be elected into the Polish national assembly. The first time he got up to make a speech, almost half of the all white Polish assembly got up and left

Na wa o. Dem for enter North Korea rickety rocket shoot go moon. Waka comot nor reach. A bunch of gits. tongue
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by anonimi: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2016
I hope he confirmed from the Polish black parliamentarian how much they receive from their fellow citizens as pay, COMPARED to the minimum wage of Poland, unlike the gluttonous loafers in our representaTHIEVES and SINate chambers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528508_political20catoon_jpeg388939f5abe0d6aa488640afd36eb164

Emeskhalifa:
The cars are being purchased four months after the senators were given N8m car loans each in August this year.
During the 7th Senate, the senators used Prado jeeps but this time around, they have opted for more expensive cars.
Senate spokesperson, Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi said the cars are for committee use. However, it was exclusive gathered that the senators will get a car each.
Our correspondent reports that the headship of the  65 standing committees are appointed  in such a way that each senator will chair a committee or serve as vice chairman.
It was gathered that during the 7th Senate, the cars acquired for the committees were sold to the senators at N1m.
“To the best of my knowledge the cars we used at the 7th Senate were monetised to us, I think, at N1m each and the money was deducted from our severance package,” a senator who benefitted said.
He also confirmed receipt of the vehicle loan in August, saying, “we were given three allowances in August and they are car loan, housing and furniture allowances, all amounting to N18m”.
At the House of Representatives, a source told Daily Trust that in line with the tradition of the House, vehicles would be bought for members to use for committee assignments.
Even during the immediate past 7th House, the 360 lawmakers got a Camry XL car each, which our source said was bought at the sum of about N12 million, including insurance.
Our source said:  “yes, we learnt they want to do the same thing that was done during the last Assembly, where each member got a car, but they said it was for committee activities.”
The source said the Camry XL cars purchased for members during the last Assembly were monetized at the end of their tenure in June and the money was deducted from their severance packages, while few members opted not to buy the cars.
“Initially, they valued the cars at N1.750 million, but members protested, because most of the cars were not in good shape. In the end, they settled at N900, 000, so those of us who wanted to go with our own applied, and they deducted it from our severance, while a few members returned their own,” the source said.
But House spokesman Rep Abdulrazak Namdas (APC, Adamawa) said although leadership of the lower chamber plans to purchase cars to aid members during committees’ oversights, they were yet to reach a decision on the number and the brand of cars to buy.
“There’s no doubt that we’ll buy cars, but they will be for committee use. We haven’t decided on any brand or units to buy yet until we see our 2016 budget. We don’t want to do anything that cannot be realised at the end of the day,” he said.
Namdas said already, management of the National Assembly had advertised that it would purchase television sets, computers and photocopiers for lawmakers’ use.
“We want to have a transparent process based on the Procurement Act,” he said, adding that all the principal officers were completely excluded from the deal in order for the management staff to do their work”.
Asked if there is any plan to purchase new vehicles for Speaker Yakubu Dogara and his deputy Yussuf Suleimon Lasun, the House spokesman said he was not aware of any such thing.
It’s a fraud - CISLAC
Speaking to Daily Trust on the purchase of vehicles for individual lawmakers for committee work, Executive Director of the Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) Auwal Musa Rafsanjani said as far as he was concerned, the vehicles were being bought for fun and not for any committee work.
He said for them, it is part of the process of “sharing national cake” that Nigerian politicians are known for, saying “it is all largess,” describing it as a fraud.
“Agreed there should be a car for every committee, but to buy a vehicle for every member out of the 360 legislators in the name of committee work is wrong.  It’s all as a result of lack of transparency and accountability in the management of public funds,” he said.
Rafsanjani said so long as committees would be encouraged to do their work diligently and be provided with relevant facilities to aid oversight, individual lawmakers should only be given car loans, which they would repay before the end of their tenure.
“In other parliaments that I personally visited around the world, there’s nothing like vehicles for individual legislators to go for committee work. They only provide them with facilities where necessary, why should our own be different?” he said.
On auctioning the vehicles to the lawmakers at the end of their 4-year tenure, Rafsanjani insisted “it is a fraud” since they were given car loans from the beginning of their tenure.
The CISLAC director also said that even the oversight being carried out by lawmakers was just to “intimidate and harass government agencies” into succumbing to the demands of the legislators.
“Oversight is supposed to be for corrective measures, but that is not what they do. They only use it to intimidate and harass agencies, although I’m sure there won’t be any loose fund for agencies to be giving them under this administration.
“Most of the legislators don’t even understand what oversight is because they’re new. The committees themselves are not independent, so how do you expect them to perform their functions effective. So, for me, there should be a complete overhaul of the legislative work in Nigeria so that the legislators will understand what they are elected to do,” he said.

source:http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/after-collecting-car-loans-senators-reps-to-get-496-cars/126682.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by obynaDmob(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
Dogara is a very fresh man tho grin
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by ibedun: 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
obynaDmob:
Dogara is a very fresh man tho grin

That is noticeable in a poor, poverty stricken country like Nigeria. Shame!
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by manchy7531: 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Igbos, a fearless people who are not scared of any environment they find themselves.

From lagos house to uk house to american judiciary, to social infiltration of south africa, kenya, india, italy, spain.....just name it.

Anywhere u dont find the igbos, "RUN".

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
nice one

Check my signature pls
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by obynaDmob(m): 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
ibedun:

That is noticeable in a poor, poverty stricken country like Nigeria. Shame!

I agree with u totally..poverty wan kill us darris y i noticed Dogara as fresh grin
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by pansophist(m): 12:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

Yeah. His name is John Abraham Godson Chikama Onyekwere. He is an indigene of Umuahia, Abia state. He went to study in Poland many years ago but ended up settling there. He later made history as the first black person to be elected into the Polish national assembly. The first time he got up to make a speech, almost half of the all white Polish assembly got up and left

What's your proof of this? I don't believe it.

Of course I agree with that there are racist Polish people
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by zendy: 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
pansophist:

You can read about him from the link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Godson
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by zurine(f): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
hmm
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by jtwest(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
This one wey everybody dey travel sef!?
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by pansophist(m): 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

You can read about him from the link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Godson

Lol, I know Johnson. I lived in Poland. I'm asking about Polish parliamentarians walking out of the audience as he speaks
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by PrinceEvolution(m): 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
u be mumu ooooo... i live in poland and it actually happened...google it or make ur own research..and the man is a very nice man who has helped alot of nigerians here and he is still doing it he is truly GODSON...to survive tru polish racism u can only say oluwa is involved..but u dont av to believe any of dis..unless u come here and see for urself..
pansophist:

Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by pansophist(m): 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
PrinceEvolution:
u be mumu ooooo... i live in poland and it actually happened...google it or make ur own research..and the man is a very nice man who has helped alot of nigerians here and he is still doing it he is truly GODSON...to survive tru polish racism u can only say oluwa is involved..but u dont av to believe any of dis..unless u come here and see for urself..

And your ad hominem makes you right? Smh
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by iseyinoro(m): 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
adioolayi:
A kiyin ka'bo si orile ede Wa....e ka'bo si ile olora
Ema gbadun ara yin,adun ni to gbeyin o! Nigeria 99 official song. your head correct!

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by feedthenation(m): 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
Whilst guys like him are building a solid political career in Poland, some people like the 'dilector' are busy with causing mayhem in this country.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by Dedetwo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
dainformant:
The speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara on Thursday received in audience -the first Black MP in Poland, Mr. John Abraham Godson, who is a Nigerian by birth.The parliamentarian was received in the speaker's office at the national assembly.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/01/house-of-reps-speaker-dogara-receives.html

Per the bolded, the moment I saw the truncated name of the man I concluded that the twin sisters (tribalism and dishonesty) of Nigeria bane of progress are at work as usual.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by PrinceEvolution(m): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
shake ur head like agamma lizard for all i care...stop wallowing in ignorance and comment facts or shove ur pessimistic and myopic opinion up in ass, thats ofcourse if its still functional...cuz ur response shows u can never be sorry for disgracing ur brain here and the same u av started wiv ur ass..obviously no functional brain can produce such comments as urs..
pansophist:

And your ad hominem makes you right? Smh
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by kenoz(m): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
Okay
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by BlackOnassis(m): 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
zendy:

wow! racists don't know how bad they make their country look. racism is one thing i can never wrap my head around.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland by MalachiIke(m): 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
I watched a local football match in a school playing ground. As I sat down, I asked one of the boys what the score was.

With a smile, he replied; "They are leading us 3-0" !
And I said, REALLY!!

I have to say you don't look discouraged.

"Discouraged?" the boy asked with a puzzled look ...

Why should I be discouraged when the referee has not blown the final whistle?

I have confidence in the team and the managers; We shall definitely overcome!

Truly, the match ended 5-4 in favor of the boy's team!

He waved at me gently, with a beautiful smile as he left; I was amazed, mouth wide open; Such confidence; Such beautiful faith;

As I got back home that night, his question kept coming back to me:
"Why should I be discouraged when the referee has not blown the final whistle?"

Life is like a game.
Why should you be discouraged when The Almighty God is your manager? Why should you be discouraged, whist there's still life? Why should you be discouraged when your final whistle has not sounded? The truth is that many people blow the final whistle themselves;

But as long as there is life, nothing is impossible and it is never too late for you.

Half time is not full time and HIS calendar for your life is not man's calendar.

Don't blow the whistle yourself.

BE ENCOURAGED! DON'T GIVE UP

With God all things are still possible!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Dismiss Rumored Assassination Of INEC Chairman, Yakubu, In Anambra / NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators / Ambode Visits Oshiomhole And Obaseki In Edo State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.