Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,043 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian (589 Views)

Okorocha Greets Obasanjo As They Meet In Abeokuta (Photos) / Gov. Okorocha Receives Obasanjo As He Lands In Imo 4 Imo Day Of Thanksgiving(Pix / Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian by ceocrownwale247: 7:40am On Jan 29, 2016
There is no doubt about the fact that former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, is one of the greatest leaders we have ever produced in Nigeria. when you look at it, people forget that it is true that some people are born great, some people acquire greatness, some have greatness thrust on them. So, which one would you say Obasanjo falls into? I think it was forced upon him. God doesn’t make mistakes. Look at how many people have sought to become the President of Nigeria among the Yorubas. Our revered Baba, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, tried, he did not get it. Chief MKO Abiola nearly got it. But Obasanjo became Head of State reluctantly in 1976. Chief Olu Falae equally tried. But Obasanjo cannot be said to be the most righteous person. In fact, they told him before (he became president) that he could not become a deacon in the Baptist Church because of many vices he was said to have perpetrated. Yet, God said this is the person that is going to be your leader. So, whether we like it or not – luckily Yoruba respect two things, age and position. So far in Nigeria, nobody has attained the height of ruling Nigeria for almost 12 years like Obasanjo. There must be something good in him. Since he became Head of State in 1976, he has always has a hand in who becomes the president of Nigeria. It was said he has a hand in how Alhaji Shehu Shagari became the president of Nigeria in 1979. After Shagari, the next one we had was when he became president in 1999. Look at this paradox, Obasanjo became president 20 years after he was said to have had a hand in how Shagari became president. He also has hand in how the late Alhaji Umar Yar’Adua became president in 2007. He also has hand in how Goodluck Jonathan became president and he has hand in how Muhammadu Buhari became president. Tell me if there is any Nigerian that can be said to be greater than that. Obasanjo’s voice in Africa today is about number one. When he talks, everybody knows that Obasanjo has talked. We should not minimise the fact that God decides what he wants to do. I believe that God has a hand in everything is happening in Nigeria, and even everything that is happening in the world. If he calls the United States President, Barack Obama, he doesn’t need to say who is Obasanjo? The world leaders know him. The Secretary General of United Nations, Ban ki Moon, knows him. He may not be the most righteous but he has been the one that has been so favoured. Buhari became President, essentially because of the vote of the North. Obasanjo became president, not because of the votes of the West, it was not the vote of his own people. it cannot be denied that so far he is the biggest Nigerian and as of today, the greatest African after Nelson Mandela, who is no more. Whether the Yoruba accepts him as leader or not, he is not the leader of the Yorubas, but of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian by Oladimejy(m): 7:41am On Jan 29, 2016
I dont even knw what to type
Re: Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian by Opinedecandid(m): 7:48am On Jan 29, 2016
He Can't be.
Re: Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian by moyakz(m): 7:51am On Jan 29, 2016
4 ur mind@op
Re: Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian by Tallesty1(m): 7:52am On Jan 29, 2016
Your opinion
Re: Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian by ariesbull: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2016
ceocrownwale247:
There is no doubt about the fact that former
President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, is one
of the greatest leaders we have ever
produced in Nigeria. when you look at it,
people forget that it is true that some
people are born great, some people acquire
greatness, some have greatness thrust on
them. So, which one would you say
Obasanjo falls into?
I think it was forced upon him. God doesn’t
make mistakes. Look at how many people
have sought to become the President of
Nigeria among the Yorubas. Our revered
Baba, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, tried, he did
not get it. Chief MKO Abiola nearly got it. But
Obasanjo became Head of State reluctantly
in 1976. Chief Olu Falae equally tried.
But Obasanjo cannot be said to be the most
righteous person. In fact, they told him
before (he became president) that he could
not become a deacon in the Baptist Church
because of many vices he was said to have
perpetrated. Yet, God said this is the person
that is going to be your leader.
So, whether we like it or not – luckily Yoruba
respect two things, age and position. So far
in Nigeria, nobody has attained the height
of ruling Nigeria for almost 12 years like
Obasanjo. There must be something good in
him.
Since he became Head of State in 1976, he
has always has a hand in who becomes the
president of Nigeria. It was said he has a
hand in how Alhaji Shehu Shagari became
the president of Nigeria in 1979. After
Shagari, the next one we had was when he
became president in 1999.
Look at this paradox, Obasanjo became
president 20 years after he was said to have
had a hand in how Shagari became
president. He also has hand in how the late
Alhaji Umar Yar’Adua became president in
2007. He also has hand in how Goodluck
Jonathan became president and he has
hand in how Muhammadu Buhari became
president.
Tell me if there is any Nigerian that can be
said to be greater than that. Obasanjo’s
voice in Africa today is about number one.
When he talks, everybody knows that
Obasanjo has talked. We should not
minimise the fact that God decides what he
wants to do. I believe
that God has a hand in everything is
happening in Nigeria, and even everything
that is happening in the world.
If he calls the United States President, Barack
Obama, he doesn’t need to say who is
Obasanjo? The world leaders know him. The
Secretary General of United Nations, Ban ki
Moon, knows him. He may not be the most
righteous but he has been the one that has
been so favoured. Buhari became President,
essentially because of the vote of the North.
Obasanjo became president, not because of
the votes of the West, it was not the vote of
his own people.
it cannot be denied that so far he is the
biggest Nigerian and as of today, the greatest
African after Nelson Mandela, who is no
more. Whether the Yoruba accepts him as
leader or not,
he is not the leader of the Yorubas, but of
Nigeria.
I have been to obasanjo village and ota. These areas are nothing to write about

So how is he the greatest
Re: Obasanjo As The Greatest Living Nigerian by mankand(m): 8:05am On Jan 29, 2016
How much did that old senile man pay you to write this trash?

You must be very high in Asaba weed mixed with Sapele water.

For the record, obasanjo ranks as the number 1 criminal and sellout in Africa, not just Nigeria with proofs

(1) (Reply)

All Ministers And Public Officials Must Use Cheap Cars, Tanzanian President / Ex-pension Boss, Abdulrasheed Maina Declared Wanted By INTERPOL / I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now –buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.