Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna - Agriculture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (149950 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 5:51am On Apr 27, 2017
praise4real:

Please what is the size of the sack/polythene you used?
14/16 inches
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:41am On May 19, 2017
hi guys,

Been a while since I posted something here. I've been more active on Instagram but we just launched our website. www.sackfarm.com. Y'all should check it out.

p.s. we'll be organising a 1 month training very soon in Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by herrdeustch: 1:58am On May 29, 2017
great job guys.I am proud of you
vanpeele:
hi guys,

Been a while since I posted something here. I've been more active on Instagram but we just launched our website. www.sackfarm.com. Y'all should check it out.

p.s. we'll be organising a 1 month training very soon in Kaduna.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by funso4life(m): 4:47am On May 29, 2017
pls i need urgent reply ,i want to know any other crop that i can plant with maize and cassava because i want to use 1hectare of land to plant maize and cassava on it am also looking for any other plant i can plant with it ,which will enable me to use chemical for weeding without affecting any of the crops,kindly specify the name of the chemical i can use.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:49am On May 29, 2017
funso4life:
pls i need urgent reply ,i want to know any other crop that i
can plant with maize and cassava because i want to use
1hectare of land to plant maize and cassava on it am also
looking for any other plant i can plant with it ,which will
enable me to use chemical for weeding without affecting
any of the crops,kindly specify the name of the chemical i
can use.

Google "three sisters planting". Thank me later
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:50am On May 29, 2017
herrdeustch:
great job guys.I am proud of you

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by bimbohush: 9:56am On Jun 07, 2017
@vanpeele, please how often do you fertilize and how many gram do you use per application. Thanks, and also when is the right time to use either npk or urea. Thanks once again
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
bimbohush:
@vanpeele, please how often do you fertilize and how many gram do you use per application. Thanks, and also when is the right time to use either npk or urea. Thanks once again

Once a week.
Depends on the stage of the crop.
A week or two after emergence.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Uvo11: 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
Good job, vanpeele; very good job. I did sack farming from 2014 to 2015. It was interesting and challenging as well. Going through your thread has shown me what I can improve on. I will take another stab at it now. Thank you very much for sharing. God bless you.

I look forward to seeing posts on the other crops that you are growing now.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
Uvo11:
Good job, vanpeele; very good job. I did sack farming from 2014 to 2015. It was interesting and challenging as well. Going through your thread has shown me what I can improve on. I will take another stab at it now. Thank you very much for sharing. God bless you.

I look forward to seeing posts on the other crops that you are growing now.

Thanks. I've already posted a lot but not on this forum. Visit www.sackfarm.com
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by deejah(f): 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
HRich:
You stated those who don't have Lands'' there's no excuses not to farm abi and that's why yours is been farmed inside a sack?

How come, most of them are being kept on the Land and not in a sack being kept inside a Compound?

It's really a good job and a good effort. Keep it up.

I have some empty lands in kaduna that i can lane you incase you need more.

Please in need of land for lease. Where is the location of your lands? Thank you.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
SackFarm 101.
Countdown. Feel free to enquire. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by herrdeustch: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
Bro you de repp KD. U/Rimi nice.........fond memories of my childhood.
vanpeele:
SackFarm 101.

Countdown. Feel free to enquire. Thanks
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
herrdeustch:
Bro you de repp KD. U/Rimi nice.........fond memories of my childhood.

Thanks oh. We're doing our best.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by FMCASH(m): 1:53am On Jul 13, 2017
Its cement not source of calcium?
Pavore9:
l hope you had the cement bags properly washed and sun-dried before usage.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:10am On Jul 13, 2017
FMCASH:
Its cement not source of calcium?
Yes but it's not in the form plants can use.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
SackFarm 101 Training: 3 weeks to go.

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Tmanir: 7:36am On Jul 17, 2017
vanpeele:
@Agathabishen Thanks

@lalasticlala LOL...yes but the vegetable tongue

Good work boss, I'm really inspired. I cane across this post a bit late, but thank God I found it at least. I'm in Kaduna and will really appreciate it if I can meet you. Please kindly respond.

Thanks.[b][/b]
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:39am On Jul 17, 2017
Tmanir:

Good work boss, I'm really inspired. I cane across this post a bit late, but thank God I found it at least. I'm in Kaduna and will really appreciate it if I can meet you. Please kindly respond.

Thanks.[b][/b]

Instagram: sackfarm

My contact is there. You can reach me.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2017
Do you need cash to set up or expand your farm
Then try Green Nation
Green Nation addresses two (2) Major Challenges hindering people from going into
Agriculture and it Allied Industries:
1. Lack of adequate TRAINING on Modern Farming Technique
2. Lack of FINANCIAL POWER to engage in Modern Farming which is
COMMERCIALIZED AGRICULTURE.
Who is Involved..??
1. Green Nation & Valuechain Services Ltd (The Company/Platform)
2. Green Nation Members (You & Me)
3. Green Nation Partners (IITA & Project Fix Nigeria, Songhai Centre etc)
Connect with me on WhatsApp 08120528950 to learn more
It is real
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Christty(f): 6:37am On Sep 16, 2017
Please, I need your urgent reply. I have planted 100 cucumber sacks in which some are in flowering stages. I noticed that, the cucumber fruit coming out are infected and some of the leaves are yellow with brown spot and whenever I check in the morning, some of the flowers will be on the floor. Please , kindly advice on what to do.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by kheart(m): 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
Following
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
Christty:
Please, I need your urgent reply. I have planted 100 cucumber sacks in which some are in flowering stages. I noticed that, the cucumber fruit coming out are infected and some of the leaves are yellow with brown spot and whenever I check in the morning, some of the flowers will be on the floor. Please , kindly advice on what to do.

Well, I'll need to see pics. You can go on Instagram for my contact. Search for sackfarm.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by akwonderman: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Christty:
U need to get a curative fungicide, plug off infected leaves & emerging fruits that are infected. Yellowing of leaves can as well be attributed to deficiency of Nitrogen. Try planting a good hybrid seed for ur next planting & treat ur soil b4 planting. U can contact 08058173584 for ur hybrid seeds & how to manage ur cucumber farm. Thanks.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by imhere: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2017
Christty:
Get blood meal from abbatoir mix it with water and apply on the farm better still since the crops are about fruiting apply liquid fertilizer. As @akwonderman has said destroy the affected ones
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by imhere: 10:40am On Sep 21, 2017
Use neem oil mixed with black soap to eradicate the pest that is if you are practising pure organic. If not purchase pesticide for it.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Ndbc(m): 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
imhere:

Get blood meal from abbatoir mix it with water and apply on the farm better still since the crops are about fruiting apply liquid fertilizer. As @akwonderman has said destroy the affected ones

Please what is the nutritional content of the blood meal ?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by FarmTech(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
akwonderman:

U need to get a curative fungicide, plug off infected leaves & emerging fruits that are infected. Yellowing of leaves can as well be attributed to deficiency of Nitrogen. Try planting a good hybrid seed for ur next planting & treat ur soil b4 planting. U can contact 08058173584 for ur hybrid seeds & how to manage ur cucumber farm. Thanks.

Pls can you give an example of curative fungicides and where to get them. Thanks.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by FarmTech(m): 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2017
funso4life:
pls i need urgent reply ,i want to know any other crop that i
can plant with maize and cassava because i want to use
1hectare of land to plant maize and cassava on it am also
looking for any other plant i can plant with it ,which will
enable me to use chemical for weeding without affecting
any of the crops,kindly specify the name of the chemical i
can use.
Once u plant, be very careful how u use herbicides oo. If u have not done it b4, try it on 1/2 plot or less and wait for a long time to see the effect. For atrazine herbicide, if u apply it at the proper rate it won't affect corn or cassava. U can also use paraquat to control weeds that grow between the rows. Check out these discussions: https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=site:farmersjoint.com+herbicides
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by akwonderman: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
FarmTech:

Pls can you give an example of curative fungicides and kwhere to get them. Thanks.
U can get Topsin or Zeb care from Jubaili. U can as well use Neem oil to go organic, neem oil can be order from Jumia. I guess this little piece does ans ur question. Thanks.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by FarmTech(m): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2017
akwonderman:

U can get Topsin or Zeb care from Jubaili. U can as well use Neem oil to go organic, neem oil can be order from Jumia. I guess this little piece does ans ur question. Thanks.
Yes it does. Thamks. Do you make use of systemic fungicide?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.