Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) (3132 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Was Crucified / The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by SalC: 11:42am On Jan 30, 2016
Infact one of the blunders of the writer of the gospel of Barnabas is not knowing the greek word "Christ" is same as the hebrew word "Messiah".

While Jesus was referred to as the Christ at the beginning of the book, Jesus denies being the Messiah in Chapter 42 and 97 of same book. How can he be the Christ and not be the Messiah while both words mean thesame?

1 Like

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by mustymatic(m): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
Surah 5:75: The Messiah, son of
Marium is but a messenger;
messengers before him have
indeed passed away; and his mother
was a truthful woman; they both used
to eat food. See how We make the
communications clear to them, then
behold, how they are turned away.
(Shakir)

Surah 3:144: And Muhammad is no
more than a messenger; the
messengers have already passed
away before him; if then he dies or
is killed will you turn back upon your
heels? (Shakir)

The first Surah clearly states that all
messengers before Jesus had died. A
fact that Muslims will not deny. And the
second Surah states that all messengers
before Muhammad have also passed
away in death. Islam teaches that no
prophet arose between Jesus and
Muhammad. Thus, the immediate
messenger before Muhammad was
Jesus. As such, the second Surah seems
to specifically point to the fact that Jesus
too had died. In Arabic, the term for
messengers in the above two Surahs is
“al-rasul” which literally means “the
messengers.” According to grammatical
rules of classic Arabic, owing to the prefix “al” (the), the word messengers in the above two verses really means all
messengers.
And brother "qad khalat" does not specifically means to die, but- indeed hav passed. just like in Nigeria now, leaders have passed before buhari does not mean they're all dead...although some have died....so your argument does not hold. simple
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by malvisguy212: 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
mustymatic:

But brother, the wording "qad khalat" does not mean to die, but passed or somethin lyk dat (like passed leaders for example...jonathan is a passed leader now...although it can b said such since they're no more in existence now.
the term
“die” is translated from the Arabic word,
“mutawaffika.” The term
“mutawaffika” occurs over 25 times in
the Qur’an, and in each case it refers to
the death of someone. Especially
enlightening is its usage in Surah 39:42:

“It is Allah that takes (mutawaffika)
the souls (of men) at death; and
those that die not (He takes)
(m utawaffika) during their sleep:
those on whom He has passed the
decree of death.” (Yusuf Ali)

The following Qur’anic verse records Jesus as saying:

Surah 19:33: Peace on me the day I
was born, and the day I die, and the
day I shall be raised alive! (Pickthall)

We can read an almost identical
passage about John the Baptist in Surah
19:15. Note the similarity in the
wordings:

Surah 19:15: And peace on him on
the day he was born, and on the day
he dies, and on the day he is raised
to life. (Shakir)

If Jesus did not die, it mean John the baptist did not die also, do you agree with this ?
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by malvisguy212: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:
God bless you too dear. I am a sister though cheesy
my apology, I love the way you expose the op ignorance, remain bless my sister.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by malvisguy212: 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
mustymatic:
And brother "qad khalat" does not specifically means to die, but- indeed hav passed. just like in Nigeria now, leaders have passed before buhari does not mean they're all dead...although some have died....so your argument does not hold. simple
were did you keep your thinking cap ? so All prophet have pass away before muhammed mean they are still alive ?chai!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:
Apprentice ke? All along I've used the word companion for them and not apprentice. Non of them is a disciple of to the other. They are co-preachers.

So far you've seen you started a topic you don't know jack about.

Next time study well before posting. smiley

lol.. Co preachers..
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:
Smh see kweshion chai.

Jesus had 12 apostles and many disciples.
Neither Paul nor Barnabas was among these 12 apostles.

Paul was the one who later referred to himself as an apostle and that doesn't mean he is among the twelve.

Neither the Bible nor paul nor Barnabas himself ever referred to himself as an apostle.

So saying Barnabas was an apostle and Jesus instructed him to write his gospel sounds crazy.

If there are people who were with Jesus all along and so write about him first hand, it should be those among the 12.

If you noticed, Paul himself never wrote first hand account of Jesus' life but more of visionary accounts or the ones he read.

OMG! I rest my case
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by DeathStroke007(m): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:
Smh see kweshion chai.

Jesus had 12 apostles and many disciples.
Neither Paul nor Barnabas was among these 12 apostles.

Paul was the one who later referred to himself as an apostle and that doesn't mean he is among the twelve.

Neither the Bible nor paul nor Barnabas himself ever referred to himself as an apostle.

So saying Barnabas was an apostle and Jesus instructed him to write his gospel sounds crazy.

If there are people who were with Jesus all along and so write about him first hand, it should be those among the 12.

If you noticed, Paul himself never wrote first hand account of Jesus' life but more of visionary accounts or the ones he read.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by orisa37: 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Very refreshing proofs of the Trinity of Christ and that Christ is truly superior to Satan and the Boss. This writeup is also a metaphor that OBJ is the champion of the Nigerian civil war.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
SalC:
Now I am wondering if you even took time to read up on the life of the real Barnabas.

The real Barnabas is a Hebrew who lived his later life and died in the Island of Cyprus. Cyprus has always been and is still in the present day Greece and a Greek speaking land. Even his relic were later discovered under a cherry tree in Cyprus. There is no record of him going to Spain or knowing the spanish language. If there is a language he should know, it should be greek and not spanish.

On the other hand your gospel of Barnabas was found to be written in Spanish and italian not in Hebrew or Greek that the real Barnabas would have written it if he were to be the author.

Except maybe you are going to show me any proof he knew Spanish in his lifetime.
And in fact Spanish and Italian languages didn't exist during the time of the real Barnabas. The whole western mediterranean spoke Latin.
Re: Comprehensive Details About Who Was Crucified (gospel Of Barnabas) by mustymatic(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
were did you keep your thinking cap ? so All prophet have pass away before muhammed mean they are still alive ?chai!!!
well that's silly cos I didn't say that... I gave u an example n u r twisting my word, why now? I gave u wat d Arabic wording means...
n mind u mutawaffika is not die o learn Arabic first

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dreamt Of Plane Crash: Let Us Pray! / Are There Good Marine Spirits? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome :eternal Life – God’s Gift To Us!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.