Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). (811 Views)

A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by RemenZack(f): 9:11am On Jan 29, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I was ushered into the confines of the Prison Facility. The wind was stubborn that day, making all of us squint our eyes. I looked out of the small box of the Prison Vehicle and I could see and smell freedom of the Birds and Trees.

I was going to be on a long and peaceful vacation in this new place, I thought. Like in the Movies, Prisoners got to be alone or with another Inmate in a Cell, waste a lot of years narrating and sometimes bragging to the others what exactly the act was that led you into a place like such. Some would brag for throttling or rape, while others would speak in whispers for breaking-and-entry.

I definitely wasn't going to brag. My offence was a shameful one and the Judge wasn't any merciful. I looked into his red eyes as he declared me guilty and sentenced me to 10 years of incarceration.

The Vehicle stopped from its long motion for what seemed like endless hours and I got out of the stuffy insides of the Vehicle first. The guards, who I expected to be friendly and motherly females, like my Mother would always welcome me, whenever I returned from my trip with my super rich Boyfriend in Malaysia. She would cook the best meals, while I ate all of them and made up fancy lies about the trip.

The guards searched us right there and then, before ushering us deep into the Prison building. I was expecting a big gate, something that would look like the Gates of Hell or Heaven. But instead, there wasn't any. The Prison facility was wide open but I could see a lot of barking and angry dogs, probably as a means of security. Dogs that would tear anyone into chunks and pieces of meat, like the Lions in the Daniel's den.

"Oya, walk faster. Is it your buttocks that is making you walk so slow?" One of the guards questioned, hitting me on my left cheek below. I wanted to retaliate but her eyes threatened me immediately. They ordered us to take our clothes off while they searched us thoroughly, as if searching for weapons deep inside our skins.

Without mercy, they touched me here and there. I have never been touched so roughly all my life as a 26-year old.

One of the guards laughed impish as she labelled our Breasts one after the other. I was labelled 'Melon Boobs', making me the joke of the century.

I expected more yet again as the meticulous search was finally done. They gave us our Clothes and that was when it hit me that I had to wear a single outfit, until the Guards eventually complained that it smelled more than Cheese and Fishes gone bad. All my Clothes at home suddenly felt like Garbage to me.

In the movies, your fate was decided by your conducts in Prison until a mean and big bully would pick on you like a China Ware and then, you will have to endlessly fight to survive. But in this case, I and 20 other ladies were pushed into a really tight and pee smelling room. It was so repulsive, making me have the urge to hurl.

"Why are you squeezing your face like that? Why are you forming?" Questioned one of the mean looking ladies, a terrible scar and scowl on her face.

"Me? Nothing!" I quickly replied. They laughed in unison and called me Melon Boobs immediately. I wanted to correct them, saying my real name was Cynthia Moses but I was mouth shut once again.

In the movies, Lesbian activities began in the smallest corner whenever two or three females were gathered. But not as I thought, the girls just started talking against each other, until a fight brewed up, making one of the new inmates earn a broken nose. She was bleeding profusely through her nostrils, the sight too gruesome for me to look any further.

Late at night, it was more talk and chat and less of what I expected. I and 50 other inmates were flooded into a single, without any form of Light or Air supply. There wasn't enough time for me to say my Prayers, like I rarely did every night. There wasn't free space to toss and turn like Salad, as one of the Inmate threw her legs on my Chest as she snored loudly like a Cow.

I was expecting so much like what I got accustomed to see in the Movies. But it was nothing like it. It was more terrible and very eccentric to me. I had no right to complain but grow accustomed to all of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by Babacele: 10:28am On Jan 29, 2016
RemenZack:
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I was ushered into the confines of the Prison Facility. The wind was stubborn that day, making all of us squint our eyes. I looked out of the small box of the Prison Vehicle and I could see and smell freedom of the Birds and Trees.

I was going to be on a long and peaceful vacation in this new place, I thought. Like in the Movies, Prisoners got to be alone or with another Inmate in a Cell, waste a lot of years narrating and sometimes bragging to the others what exactly the act was that led you into a place like such. Some would brag for throttling or rape, while others would speak in whispers for breaking-and-entry.

I definitely wasn't going to brag. My offence was a shameful one and the Judge wasn't any merciful. I looked into his red eyes as he declared me guilty and sentenced me to 10 years of incarceration.

The Vehicle stopped from its long motion for what seemed like endless hours and I got out of the stuffy insides of the Vehicle first. The guards, who I expected to be friendly and motherly females, like my Mother would always welcome me, whenever I returned from my trip with my super rich Boyfriend in Malaysia. She would cook the best meals, while I ate all of them and made up fancy lies about the trip.

The guards searched us right there and then, before ushering us deep into the Prison building. I was expecting a big gate, something that would look like the Gates of Hell or Heaven. But instead, there wasn't any. The Prison facility was wide open but I could see a lot of barking and angry dogs, probably as a means of security. Dogs that would tear anyone into chunks and pieces of meat, like the Lions in the Daniel's den.

"Oya, walk faster. Is it your buttocks that is making you walk so slow?" One of the guards questioned, hitting me on my left cheek below. I wanted to retaliate but her eyes threatened me immediately. They ordered us to take our clothes off while they searched us thoroughly, as if searching for weapons deep inside our skins.

Without mercy, they touched me here and there. I have never been touched so roughly all my life as a 26-year old.

One of the guards laughed impish as she labelled our Breasts one after the other. I was labelled 'Melon Boobs', making me the joke of the century.

I expected more yet again as the meticulous search was finally done. They gave us our Clothes and that was when it hit me that I had to wear a single outfit, until the Guards eventually complained that it smelled more than Cheese and Fishes gone bad. All my Clothes at home suddenly felt like Garbage to me.

In the movies, your fate was decided by your conducts in Prison until a mean and big bully would pick on you like a China Ware and then, you will have to endlessly fight to survive. But in this case, I and 20 other ladies were pushed into a really tight and pee smelling room. It was so repulsive, making me have the urge to hurl.

"Why are you squeezing your face like that? Why are you forming?" Questioned one of the mean looking ladies, a terrible scar and scowl on her face.

"Me? Nothing!" I quickly replied. They laughed in unison and called me Melon Boobs immediately. I wanted to correct them, saying my real name was Cynthia Moses but I was mouth shut once again.

In the movies, Lesbian activities began in the smallest corner whenever two or three females were gathered. But not as I thought, the girls just started talking against each other, until a fight brewed up, making one of the new inmates earn a broken nose. She was bleeding profusely through her nostrils, the sight too gruesome for me to look any further.

Late at night, it was more talk and chat and less of what I expected. I and 50 other inmates were flooded into a single, without any form of Light or Air supply. There wasn't enough time for me to say my Prayers, like I rarely did every night. There wasn't free space to toss and turn like Salad, as one of the Inmate threw her legs on my Chest as she snored loudly like a Cow.

I was expecting so much like what I got accustomed to see in the Movies. But it was nothing like it. It was more terrible and very eccentric to me. I had no right to complain but grow accustomed to all of it.
you birth these stories?

1 Like

Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by RemenZack(f): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
By birth, you mean?
Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by Babacele: 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2016
RemenZack:
By birth, you mean?
oh gush! u just broke my heart! birth -,originator, creator etc I mean you wrote those stories? are they your babies? u get d metaphor now? right?

1 Like

Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by RemenZack(f): 2:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
Babacele:
oh gush! u just broke my heart! birth -,originator, creator etc I mean you wrote those stories? are they your babies? u get d metaphor now? right?
Sorry I broke your heart then. I just learnt a new metaphor for myself and yes, I'm their Mother and they are my Babies. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by Babacele: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
RemenZack:

Sorry I broke your heart then. I just learnt a new metaphor for myself and yes, I'm their Mother and they are my Babies. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Lols....... today I'm a bit free so I'm e-messing around . I like your stories n will create time, cos work steals my time these days, to read them. more power to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by RemenZack(f): 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
Babacele:
Lols....... today I'm a bit free so I'm e-messing around . I like your stories n will create time, cos work steals my time these days, to read them. more power to your elbow.
Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it a lot.
Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by Divepen1(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2016
wink This is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by RemenZack(f): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
Divepen1:
wink This is beautiful.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Re: Not As You Think! (A Prison Tale). by joanee20(f): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2016
following jejely

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Poem....My Teenage Dream. / The Event... By Gothblackgirl / Etisalat Flash Fiction - Vote For My Story "Revelation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.