Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom (2604 Views)

Ateke Tom's Daughter Weds In Okirika, Rivers State..photos / APC Buried In Akwa Ibom After The Supreme Court Verdict (Photos) / We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by TamunoRichard(m): 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
High chief, comr.Ateke tom, one of the Niger delta warlords who is from okrika in Rivers state has broken his silence as a result of the supreme court verdict affirming chief Barr. Ezenwo wike Con. As the duely elected governor of Rivers state.
According to him, as gathered by the nations newspapper, the supreme court judgement has just averted bloodshed that would have arised if the be a re-election.
Ateke Tom is a former Niger delta warlord that also accepted the amnesty programme from the federal government. He had been silent since then, although even with his silence, APC were not allowed to campaign in the two local governments in wakirike where he hails from. The local governments include Okrika local govt and Ogu/bolo local govt. Attacks from armed men disrupted the campaign in okrika, that also led to killings.
It was not clear if he was the brain behind it since there is no evidence to such effect. As for Ogu/bolo, Apc didn't even attempt a campaign there.

He adviced everyone to embrace peace, as that is what is needed to move Rivers state forward.

As regards to the pipeline bombing, he said anybody behind it is on his own. Also stating that Buhari is a nice person, all he needs is our support to move the country forward.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/ateke-supreme-court-verdict-averted-bloodshed-in-rivers/
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by mrvitalis(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
I honestly feel this is true and that this played a part in the decision of the court

It was obvious APC had a far stronger case but the court had to take the best decision for the interest of the state

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
As regards to the pipeline bombing, he said anybody behind it is on his own. Also stating that Buhari is a nice person, all he needs is our support to move the country forward.

I am glad that Ateke Tom is reasoning along the line of peace and development, though he isn't a man of peace.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by TamunoRichard(m): 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
Niger delta warlords really applying inteligence out there. I pray nobody gives them good reason to return back to the creek.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by gbengaizzHe: 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
Oga go jaweee.. na now u dey talk.. u for talk when d decision was unknown.
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
mrvitalis:
I honestly feel this is true and that this played a part in the decision of the court

It was obvious APC had a far stronger case but the court had to take the best decision for the interest of the state
a case built on card reader alone is far from being a far stronger case.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by ddippset(m): 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
masterchi:
a case built on card reader alone is far from being a far stronger case.
I might call you deluded to believe card readers where the only thing wrong with rivers elections. No state election in the history of Nigeria caused as much deaths yet you're still there talking of card readers. It's a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Frankiss44(m): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
ddippset:
I might call you deluded to believe card readers where the only thing wrong with rivers elections. No state election in the history of Nigeria caused as much deaths yet you're still there talking of card readers. It's a pity.

Deaths as sad as it may be is not a constitutional requirement to annul an election. What is the guarantee that there won't be more deaths during the re-run. The only strong argument APC had was the card reader which isn't even recognised by the electoral act

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by arewafederation: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
Even stubborn militants are satisfied with PMB but some sore losers are still wailing endlessly because of one albino lizard?

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
ddippset:
I,m not saying election in rivers state was free and fair and free from violence. I,m only saying that APC built their case on card reader and that wasnt enough to warrant the nolification of the election..

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by ddippset(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2016
Frankiss44:

Deaths as sad as it may be is not a constitutional requirement to annul an election. What is the guarantee that there won't be more deaths during the re-run. The only strong argument APC had was the card reader which isn't even recognised by the electoral act
Wrong and insincere to say that. Let's be sincere, we all followed the case. APC did not base their case solely on card readers. The apc lawyer even reiterated it to the supreme court, about violence, massive thumb printing, intimidation, over voting. Pdp only chose to dwell on the card reader issue and mischievously ignored other aspects and started comparing to Lagos judgement. The supreme court as well decided to use the card reader as an excuse, to implement what they decided behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by ddippset(m): 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
masterchi:
I,m not saying election in rivers state was free and fair and free from violence. I,m only saying that APC built their case on card reader and that wasnt enough to warrant the nolification of the election..
I don't really think so. It was merely pdp's mischief. The supreme court for some STRANGE reason decided to mischievously hold on to the card reader blackmail as well.
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by magicalx(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
My joy is that this judgement has shut the mouth of APC supporters in my office, after calling Wike caretaker governor they have changed their tune.

By the way where is @demdem that Guy needs a Hot slap to reset his brain!
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by ALISMILE(m): 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
ND
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
ddippset:
I don't really think so. It was merely pdp's mischief. The supreme court for some STRANGE reason decided to mischievously hold on to the card reader blackmail as well.
that is the only thing APC presented to them. did u really follow the whole process?
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by babyfaceafrica: 11:23pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice one from him...that's the different btw SS and some southeasterner...SS are wise,diplomatic and logical...most south easterner are sentimental......I can remember during the Nigeria civil war in which the SE expected the SS to support them and let the use there land...but the wise SS supported Nigeria,becuase they know their chances are bright supporting Nigeria and Nigeria has the upper hand....The moral is that use your brain instead of your heart....your heart becloudes your judgement Nyour head never does...God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by kutchs: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Nice one from him...that's the different btw SS and some southeasterner...SS are wise,diplomatic and logical...most south easterner are sentimental......I can remember during the Nigeria civil war in which the SE expected the SS to support them and let the use there land...but the wise SS supported Nigeria,becuase they know their chances are bright supporting Nigeria and Nigeria has the upper hand....The moral is that use your brain instead of your heart....your heart becloudes your judgement Nyour head never does...God bless Nigeria!!!
And what have you got from your support of Nigeria wise south Southerner? Your land have been ravaged by the scavengers and lies desolate, your leaders including SaroWiwa killed by the very people you supported.
Thousands are dying in your homelands because of the ruling party's quest to control your oil. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Alezy(m): 12:36am On Jan 30, 2016
Frankiss44:

Guy forget oh, u just want wike to win cos na PDP yes I know but say the election hold well? na very big fallacy be that.

Wike hijack every every with police, army and militants from all angle. If u come for Apc to vote ehn, only the men when u go see ehn, u go like press PDP or better still go ur house.

guy leave that no be election
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Reminez(m): 12:55am On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Frankiss44(m): 4:59am On Jan 30, 2016
Alezy:
Guy forget oh, u just want wike to win cos na PDP yes I know but say the election hold well? na very big fallacy be that.

Wike hijack every every with police, army and militants from all angle. If u come for Apc to vote ehn, only the men when u go see ehn, u go like press PDP or better still go ur house.

guy leave that no be election

Story for the gods.. So you DEY try tell me say Dakuku go win Wike for even free and fair election? Then you know nothing about Rivers politics. There was snatching and thuggery I'm every state, Lagos included and the cases died at the appeal court. So why was Rivers state different.
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Alezy(m): 7:48am On Jan 30, 2016
Frankiss44:

Story for the gods.. So you DEY try tell me say Dakuku go win Wike for even free and fair election? Then you know nothing about Rivers politics. There was snatching and thuggery I'm every state, Lagos included and the cases died at the appeal court. So why was Rivers state different.
Mr man rivers state was different, u no dey there, no me dey there. from what I saw, in ph not rivers, Wike has more supporters yes but why now use military and thugs to intemedate people? ?

if he really believed he will win free and fiar why use thugs?? the whole of obiakpor if u come out to vote for any Apc candidate u are regarded as an hausa man and what followed it was terrible.

I was a witness in psychiatric hospital polling unit where more Dan 3 people beaten and the rest went back home. u need to see how the pdp thugs where parading dem selves while the police men watched. guy leave oh. I for one wanted the election to be cancelled. Nothing concerne me and dakuku or Wike but Nigeria needs something better. that no be election.
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by macolino(m): 7:53am On Jan 30, 2016
Anye ooo Osama
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by luvinhubby(m): 7:54am On Jan 30, 2016
mrvitalis:

Was a case between electoral gudelines & electoral act, and the supreme court ruled with what was constitutional and that was the electoral act.
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Frankiss44(m): 9:00am On Jan 30, 2016
Alezy:
Mr man rivers state was different, u no dey there, no me dey there. from what I saw, in ph not rivers, Wike has more supporters yes but why now use military and thugs to intemedate people? ?

if he really believed he will win free and fiar why use thugs?? the whole of obiakpor if u come out to vote for any Apc candidate u are regarded as an hausa man and what followed it was terrible.

I was a witness in psychiatric hospital polling unit where more Dan 3 people beaten and the rest went back home. u need to see how the pdp thugs where parading dem selves while the police men watched. guy leave oh. I for one wanted the election to be cancelled. Nothing concerne me and dakuku or Wike but Nigeria needs something better. that no be election.

I hear you.. So from your analysis, Ameachi nor use thug at all? Na only Wike get monopoly of thugs and militants.. I see you. Whether you like it or not our politicians are the same irrespective of their party affiliations. You feel say the presidential election for the north dey peaceful abi.. Dem born u well to go vote pdp for kano? Abi you nor hear say kano give turnover of close to 4 million votes without one invalid vote? You nor hear of cases when amajiris intimidate ibo business men when wan come vote for PDP? That one make GEJ go court? So forget that talk of Nigeria needs better because ona dey close eyes to wetin happen for North and even Lagos and dey criticize only Rivers because of the Judas Ameachi.. Even Buhari know say Dakuku nor go fit smell the government house on a free election. Bayelsa own don open their eyes say the south south people nor want APC. So why waste the money that the country doesn't have to conduct another re-run that is likely to be more bloody and still go in favour of pdp?
When the time reach for South south People to pursue pdp them go do am themselves because they want to not because some amajiris in the north or some brown roof tribe in the West want to impose APC on them. Right now south south is fully pdp and anybody when nor DEY comfortable with am make he take night bus leave the zone. Free night bus with AC dey agofure Park.
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by victorD3: 9:19am On Jan 30, 2016
Some tools were here the other day saying Ateke tom have revamped t the APC .
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Alezy(m): 10:40am On Jan 30, 2016
Frankiss44:

I hear you.. So from your analysis, Ameachi nor use thug at all? Na only Wike get monopoly of thugs and militants.. I see you. Whether you like it or not our politicians are the same irrespective of their party affiliations. You feel say the presidential election for the north dey peaceful abi.. Dem born u well to go vote pdp for kano? Abi you nor hear say kano give turnover of close to 4 million votes without one invalid vote? You nor hear of cases when amajiris intimidate ibo business men when wan come vote for PDP? That one make GEJ go court? So forget that talk of Nigeria needs better because ona dey close eyes to wetin happen for North and even Lagos and dey criticize only Rivers because of the Judas Ameachi.. Even Buhari know say Dakuku nor go fit smell the government house on a free election. Bayelsa own don open their eyes say the south south people nor want APC. So why waste the money that the country doesn't have to conduct another re-run that is likely to be more bloody and still go in favour of pdp?
When the time reach for South south People to pursue pdp them go do am themselves because they want to not because some amajiris in the north or some brown roof tribe in the West want to impose APC on them. Right now south south is fully pdp and anybody when nor DEY comfortable with am make he take night bus leave the zone. Free night bus with AC dey agofure Park.
lolz. ...clown, no be only agofure na ekeledilichuwku.

yes I kw say election for north no dey free and fair no mean say we go see truth no talk am.

Well all the same am happy at a peaceful ending.
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by Demdem(m): 5:14am On Feb 13, 2016
magicalx:
My joy is that this judgement has shut the mouth of APC supporters in my office, after calling Wike caretaker governor they have changed their tune.

By the way where is @demdem that Guy needs a Hot slap to reset his brain!

Even ur fathers can't. Who then are u?
Re: Supreme Court Verdict Averts Bloodshed - Ateke Tom by aleege: 6:32am On Feb 13, 2016
It was Godwin because Amaechi would have cancel more federal govt project In niger delta

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Reply Tompolo, threatens Nigerian army / Afraid Of Militants, A Military Gen. Sends Bloody Civilian To Visit Ogoniland / JUST IN!!! Buhari Cancels Planned Interview With BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.